Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(NSW)Calli_R-O

New Player Help

Question

Hi,

I am fairly new to this game (only been playing for the past 3-4 days).  I bought Ivara because she looked cool and have been only using her.  She is currently at rank 22, and im using the MK1-Paris (rank 19) , MK1-Kunai (rank 19), Lacera (Rank 28) and Artemis Bow (max Rank).  I also have Taxon companion with Artax (both rank 3).  The trouble I'm encountering however, is all the defence quests (on earth and jupiter) as well as the Mr.Bizz quest in the Vox Solaris quest line I am unable to actually beat.  I keep dying, despite them saying their levels are less than 10 for the most part.  I am playing solo because I can't convince any of my friends with switch to get it.

Am I missing something that is making the game that much more difficult or am I just a horrible newbie 😅.

Any advice on how I can not be so bad at this game is appreciated!

9 answers to this question

Yeah Ivara/Octavia/Loki are not entirely practical for anything on fortuna.... and this is by design. 

DE Intentionally gave a lot of the Enemies in Fortuna AoE projectiles that deal damage in a large area.... This wouldn't be an issue if all you had to do was look after yoursel since no enemies would attack to begin with remained invisible. BUT.... a lot of the time you will have to baby sit something and this is what the enemies shoot at....all it takes is one single coil drive or turret positioned some where you can't see it coming to one shot you, Right through Vitality and Quick Thinking....

Now im not saying it's impossible to succeed.....but its not as practical as picking Gara/Frost and just Face tanking everything with the Arca Plasmor.... which I do not Recommend anyway....

More people = more XP  so stop solo'ing your just slowing down your own progress.   

Defense missions are hard solo,  there are some frames you can use to make them easier or outright cake walks but there is something you can do before you try to get more frames.   

When you do rescue missions you get the chance of gaining SPECTRE BP's.  These let you clone your currently equipped warframe and weapons into AI team mates.  When you go into battle you can open your gear wheel and summon your Spectre.   Once summoned you can walk up to him and give him the command to hold position or follow.  

This is great for interception missions to.   Depending on what frame and weapons you clone  defending with them with vary.   Gara/Frost/ (maybe limbo) are pretty awesome spectres for defense.  

But anyways You have to use your foundry to build spectres.  There are like 4 different tiers of spectre.   The lowest gives you 10 spectres,  the highest will only let you build 1.  I have no idea what the difference is,  I always use the lowest and they seem to stay alive and do their job.   

(I wish spectres were more permanent so you could build your own squad to "solo" with.  The different tiers of spectre would just get changed into Team mate A,B,C or 1,2,3)

7 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

More people = more XP  so stop solo'ing your just slowing down your own progress.

That's not exactly true.  He just happens to be using Ivara.  The one frame that actually can gain XP faster solo than in a group as well as progress through the StarChart fairly quickly as well all while completely solo.  😄  

51 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's not exactly true.  He just happens to be using Ivara.  The one frame that actually can gain XP faster solo than in a group as well as progress through the StarChart fairly quickly as well all while completely solo.  😄  

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Now that I’ve held off on doing the Jupiter stuff and progressing through the star chart instead I’m having a BLAST. And it’s making my love Ivara that much more and having a great time using the Lacera and Artemis Bow. I got Ivara Lacera and Artemis Bow to max rank. And the mods are helping so much!

Mods are more important than level. Level of gear increases capacity of mods you can bring. The mods you equip are important. Upgrade the useful ones. Don't focus on slotting every opening, focus on putting in what will actually help.

Come back to Fortuna a little later, post-Mars. Your weaponry is not only Mk-1, but Puncture based, which is very poor against shielded enemies. Spread out your arsenal as it becomes available to you. Versatility. Don't sell old weapons till it's level 30. Don't sell frames till you fully understand what that means.

You can easily solo those missions with Ivara, it just takes some tactical thinking and liberal application of Noise Arrow, I believe it is.  @DatDarkOne

Don't focus so much on fortuna/orb vallis so early into the game. Unlock nodes and do junction missions to get planets open. Do the main questline. Normal missions will drop mods you need to survive, and the credits and endo you need to rank them. Plains of eidolon low tier bountys (earth) drop a few staple mods that everyone needs but as with orb vallis (venus), don't spend too much time there after you get them and especially don't waste time trying to do eidolons (you literally cant be useful in those until after you've finished the questline, basically)

56 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You can easily solo those missions with Ivara, it just takes some tactical thinking and liberal application of Noise Arrow, I believe it is.  @DatDarkOne

I have been summoned?  😄  

1 hour ago, (NSW)Calli_R-O said:

The trouble I'm encountering however, is all the defence quests (on earth and jupiter)

Sleep Arrow is your friend here.  The Earth Defence mission is just annoying because of all the nooks and obstacles in the way.  Adding a bit more enemy radar to Ivara's already innate radar will help in finding/seeing where the enemies might be hiding or getting stuck.  

as well as the Mr.Bizz quest in the Vox Solaris quest line I am unable to actually beat.  I keep dying, despite them saying their levels are less than 10 for the most part.

I would highly recommend saving the open world maps and quests until later.  Like when you're more comfortable with Ivara and have more mods to equip.  

Am I missing something that is making the game that much more difficult or am I just a horrible newbie 😅.

Any advice on how I can not be so bad at this game is appreciated!

Contrary to what most will tell you on the forums, Warframe can be solo'd quite easily, and especially so with Ivara.  I should know as I've done it twice on two different accounts.  Ivara is a little weak on Defence missions in comparison to how strong she is for almost every other mission type.  As for the Open World maps, she's even better at those solo than most other frames.  

Since you are playing solo, take your time, check things out, and think tactically.  These are the things that Ivara is great at.  Just think of yourself as a lone scout checking out the areas long before the others can arrive.  

MK1-Paris (rank 19) , MK1-Kunai (rank 19), Lacera (Rank 28)

Replace the MK-Paris with the Paris.  Dump the MK1-kunai for anything else.  Both only after you have ranked them to rank 30.  The Lacera is an underrated weapon that can actually easily go past sortie level enemies and then some with the correct mods of course.  😄  

why do you need your actual friends to play in a group?  whats wrong with pub games?