Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutagen Samples

SkornedBeef

Question

Me and a friend started clans at the same time, and shes been talking about that weapon that needs 5000 mutagen samples and how hard it is to get them. I made a wager with her that i could get everything done faster than her and i want to know fast ways to do it or maybe someone might want a trade for em. All shed tell me is a warframe called nekros is good for collecting them and to follow a guide where this guy made a build for atterax. I dont got either. So beside them what else works and is it possible to get it done in a day?

11 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, SkornedBeef said:

Me and a friend started clans at the same time, and shes been talking about that weapon that needs 5000 mutagen samples and how hard it is to get them. I made a wager with her that i could get everything done faster than her and i want to know fast ways to do it or maybe someone might want a trade for em. All shed tell me is a warframe called nekros is good for collecting them and to follow a guide where this guy made a build for atterax. I dont got either. So beside them what else works and is it possible to get it done in a day?

Best way to farm mutagen samples for clan is doing it in a team of clanmembers. People usually goes to derelict defense missions. Definitely take a resource booster and smeeta kavat. Wait for a resource buff from your kavat then go to collect drops. Nekros is fine, but khora with her loot augment is better for lazy farming. Goodluck 🙂

Edited by MR9BCI

28 minutes ago, SkornedBeef said:

Khora nekros and hydroid can all increase drop chances. 

Smeeta kavat can also buff your pickups and of course youd want BOTH resource boosters. Blue booster makes drops in blue canisters more prominant which the mutagen samples are. 

If you do 40 wave orokin derelict defense with a farming team setup you used to be able to get around 400. They nerfed stacking drop chance increasing ability but not every corpse will trigger for everry power so while a nekros wont desecrate a corpse that dropped extra loot from a pilfered enemy, you can still desecrate the corpses that didnt get pilfered. Also, nekros can desecrate corpses cut into pieces, each piece. So something that dismembers enemies is good which is why she mentioned atterax. Anything slash prominant should work. 

Though i must say its pretty poopy of you to make a bet then come ask for advice though she seems hip to the scheme of farming so she will hopefully beat you. 

29 minutes ago, SkornedBeef said:

So beside them what else works and is it possible to get it done in a day?

How long do you want to farm for? Buy resource boosters and go to ODD/ODS. Maybe you can get people to help you, maybe not.

• Nekros is the best choice, Hydroid and Khora (pilf mods) both work. If you haven't got any then you need to find someone that does.
30 minutes ago, SkornedBeef said:

i want to know fast ways to do it or maybe someone might want a trade for em

You cannot trade for resources. So, you would have to pay someone platinum to join your clan. Probably 20 - 30 plat so they can rush the key. They join and contribute the resources, you pay them 200 plat or something (I am not sure what the fee is).

• Budget up to 500 plat for this.
  • This is not approved by DE. If you get scammed that is your problem.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

They join and contribute the resources, you pay them 200 plat or something (I am not sure what the fee is).

• Budget up to 500 plat for this.

I am sitting on about 6 or 7k Mutagen Samples but I still wouldn't be so cheap...selling junk/syndicate stuff is faster and yields more plat than your suggestion 😉 

@OP: like said above: why not make a clan together? Someone scared they will get kicked? I cannot think of any other reason.

1 hour ago, SkornedBeef said:

All shed tell me is a warframe called nekros is good for collecting them and to follow a guide where this guy made a build for atterax. I dont got either.

I can dig you don't get your hands on Nekros. But what's wrong with an Atterax? MR2, Blueprint in the Market, cheap resources. Blood Rush is cheap as well (15p). I mean you can buy it if you consider paying someone else to donate.

1 hour ago, SkornedBeef said:

I made a wager with her that i could get everything done faster than her

What's her IGN? I'll help her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

People making bets on who can researhc Hema in solo clan faster? wth is wrong with you people????

On a serious note - for best farm go to Orokin Derelict Defence and you will need a) drop chance booster; b) loot booster; c) a frame with loot generation ability (either Nekros, Hydroid or Khora). From the 3 loot frames the easiest to get in actually Nekros, since his Desecrate abillity doesn't require a specific augment mod to work that way (it has an augment called Despoil, but it's perfectly viable without the mod). That being said, Nekros has the lowest chance for additional loot sitting at hardcapped 52% chance. d) a smeeta Kavat for extra loot buff.

On the matter of weapons - Nekros+Atterax is a relic of thepst that doesn't work anymore. The reason why people used that specific combo was that Atterax could split enemies in two halves and Desecrate was able to roll for extra loot chance from BOTH halves of slain mob separately. Nowadays it doesn't matter in how many pieces mob was shredded - all "additional loot" powers will affect the coprse as a whole only once and are mutually exclusive with one another.

1 hour ago, HorridaMessor said:

Nekros+Atterax is a relic of thepst that doesn't work anymore. The reason why people used that specific combo was that Atterax could split enemies in two halves and Desecrate was able to roll for extra loot chance from BOTH halves of slain mob separately. Nowadays it doesn't matter in how many pieces mob was shredded - all "additional loot" powers will affect the coprse as a whole only once

Proof?

I only know of interactions between Nekros and Hydroid/Khora/Kubrow being nerfed. But shredding bodies into several parts should still work

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

5 hours ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

Stupid question.

If you're friends, why not make a single clan and each put in roughly half the work?

I'm not involved in this particular situation but I had something similar happen with my gaming friends and I about 7 years ago. We all split from the server that we were playing on, I made my own and they (group of 7) made their own together. I prefer to do things my way, and that doesn't involve taking counsel from people I feel obligated to.

6 hours ago, SkornedBeef said:

I can get about 450~ish samples from using Khora w/ Pilfering Strangledome in a 40 minute run. I've also got both resource boosters and it's best to do with 3 other people, even if they're not in your clan. Just advertise you're hosting an Orokin Cell farm, you get plenty of those. Survival is better than Defense because the enemies keep coming and you get to control where they go.

Khora's best built with as much STR and Range as possible for this farm, bring both boosters and a Smeeta, as someone already said, wait for the buff then run out and collect your resources.

Even with both boosters, a smeeta, and farm frame, you're more than likely not going to be able to farm them out in a day. 

I think this might take a while. I dont have khora but i think shed be smart to farm off of your answers. Thanks for the suggestions. For my bet with her ever since i met her weve made our wagers on everything. Its a friendship thing thats all. Our bet with this is from us having similar goals with differing methods on how we think things should and could be done. We talked a littlewhile ago and i thought you could get all of the research done in like a couple od days but shes talking weeks and weeks of time. She actually wanted to call of our bet because she felt her "experience" would give her more of an unfair advantage. I shot her down but she gifted me 30 day boosters for everything said this would even us out a bit since i couldnt afford plat and i dont wanna waste anytime farming for it. I guess i dont mind to much im just gonna win faster now. I dont know much about kubros and kavats but aren't they more of a liability then help?

On 2019-07-03 at 7:23 PM, SkornedBeef said:

I think this might take a while. I dont have khora but i think shed be smart to farm off of your answers. Thanks for the suggestions. For my bet with her ever since i met her weve made our wagers on everything. Its a friendship thing thats all. Our bet with this is from us having similar goals with differing methods on how we think things should and could be done. We talked a littlewhile ago and i thought you could get all of the research done in like a couple od days but shes talking weeks and weeks of time. She actually wanted to call of our bet because she felt her "experience" would give her more of an unfair advantage. I shot her down but she gifted me 30 day boosters for everything said this would even us out a bit since i couldnt afford plat and i dont wanna waste anytime farming for it. I guess i dont mind to much im just gonna win faster now. I dont know much about kubros and kavats but aren't they more of a liability then help?

You have to treat Kubrows and Kavats like another Warframe, they need a reactor, Forma (more importantly Forma because they do not have Aura slots) to survive. I have 6 Forma on my Smeeta already, but to fully max out all of my mods I'm going to have to polarize again twice.

unknown.png

Even if you had limitless resources available to you this moment, it would still take weeks to do all the research because some projects are dependent on the completion of others.

• Like 1