Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is it that simulacrum maximum enemy level is limited by MR?

TheHystericalManiac

As title says, why is it that I (MR 12) should not be able to spawn a level 100 heavy grineer in the simulacrum to test my builds when I could very easily find enemies of this level and higher in a long survival run. It doesn't make too much sense to me and it feels more like something the devs kinda just did and forgot about. If someone has a reason for this, I'd like to hear it, otherwise, I don't see why this shouldn't be changed to make all levels accessible along with the simulacrum key.

• Like 2

Probably has something with the fact that DE isn't keen with longer runs (e.g. Trade bans for 6h + runs ). Not being able to test the kind of builds that sustain level 9999 is a way to make it harder for players to be on point with the kind of strategy that allow such gameplay :P

4 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

It's a benefit from having a higher MR. If you want higher levels in Simulacrum, get a higher MR. If you can't be bothered with MR, then don't get all the benefits. It's that simple.

Pretty much this.  people always complain about mr being pointless,  but at this point in the game it actually offers a lot of nice and worthwhile perks.  Especially the fact that you can forma weapons and still have them practically maxed.  The simaris simulacrum feature is just icing on the cake.

il y a 28 minutes, TaylorsContraction a dit :

Pretty much this.  people always complain about mr being pointless,  but at this point in the game it actually offers a lot of nice and worthwhile perks.  Especially the fact that you can forma weapons and still have them practically maxed.  The simaris simulacrum feature is just icing on the cake.

But it makes the simulacrum meaningless, that's what the man wrote about.

26 minutes ago, zhellon said:

But it makes the simulacrum meaningless, that's what the man wrote about.

Nothing about this makes the simulacrum pointless.

It offers a clean testing environment. If you encounter level 200 enemies in a mission, then there will be other enemies aswell. And you have to play the mission for quite some time until these enemies spawn. In the simulacrum you can take your time and easily play around with builds.

Again, nothing said in this thread makes simulacrum pointless.