Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to revive the PVP. My thoughts

Mooonroe

Greetings tenno. 
In this post, I would like to state my thoughts on how I would revive pvp in our favorite game.
I apologize for my English, I don’t know him very well and resorted to Google’s help.
The essence of my idea, my thought is this -battle royale.I certainly understand that this is a far from new idea, and that there are a lot of such individual games.
So, as I see this mode
First of all, this is a dedicated server, no hosts. I think I’ll explain why it is he who is needed - just need
Secondly, the card Cetus. For this mode, the map has everything. Mountains, rugged terrain, shelters, trees, enemy bases (but there is a moot point).
Let's walk on the choice of heroes
Not necessarily that they were immediately a lot, not necessarily. For starters, you can restrict to 3-4-5 frames.
I would prefer Oberon or Trinity, Amber, Chrome .In this mode, the level of health at all about the same (At 30 level)

Let's turn to the theory.
Health does not recover over time.
Shields are recovering, but very slowly.
In order to make up health one could use health spheres or any stimulants (?)
Energy I think in this mode it is not needed, but to make a cool-down for abilities.
Ability power reduced by 50% (maybe 75%)
Gravity increased by 100%
No shot-jumping.

As well as in other games with a similar mode there will be a zone that converges on some part of the map.
K7WVPNX.jpg
About the weapon as well as with the frames. It is not necessary to add all the weapons available in the game. 
You can add to start 10-15 rifles, 1-3 sniper rifles, 3-4 shotguns, 3-4 bows. Ammo to pick up from dead enemies or loot in chests.
Also in the chests it would be possible to find stimulants for running,
 stimulants for a reduced cooldown of abilities, heal efficiency (+ 20% - + 30%)
Let's turn to the most interesting and the most difficult - mods
All mods have only the first level.
Just as with weapons and frames, you can limit yourself to 40-60-70 mods.
the mod would be elemental or mixed,
status effects on weapons would work
No pets, guards and spectrums
The number of players can be limited to 40-50 (I'm not quite sure about that). Calculate one session in 20-25 minutes.
And the last award, the award could be taken from a sortie or something else.
There would also be a separate syndicate for this map mode. All the things that were on the signals could be acquired by syndicate glasses.

Thanks for attention.

• Like 1

TLDR :  Warframe Battle Royale

let's not bring those audiences here (You know what I mean). Warframe's main audience are PvE players, reviving a gamemode that has near zero PvP players will not benefit DE on the bussiness side. So I doubt seeing a conclave rework anytime soon.. maybe ever.

Other games exist and they are doing a damn good job in their PvP gamemodes than Warframe does.

4 minutes ago, Mooonroe said:

I'm talking about PVP in general.

It won't work. Frames are designed in such way that it has no right to work, no matter what you do.
They'd have to rebuild whole the game.

(comming from a PvP/PK player)

Edited by Sanxxieh

The only way I can see pvp being revived is if they create operator 2.0 and make them the central focus for pvp combat. That way warframes can be focused solely on pve.

Of course I suppose that means that pvp would be story locked behind the second dream.

There is no way one-on-one or free-for-all style pvp modes would work for Warframe.
Frames themselves can't be balanced enough between themselves for that without seriously altering the PvE aspect of the game.
The only way I see this being kinda possible is by using team-on-team modes with objectives, somewhat similar to WoW battlegrounds or Assault and Conquest maps from UT.

So.....warframe style BR mode......just add a TLDR at the start of the post and be done with it.

Personal opinion: BR are overused and are shoved into every game these days(BF5 BR....wth bruh),Warframe doesnt need it.

So in order to 'revive' PvP you want a BR...with entirely new balancing and everything else separate from Conclave...ok, but why?
And how is this going to "revive" PvP?

Fact is that the BR market is already over saturated and I seriously doubt that DE would be able to come up with some magical formula to add to BR that would make it popular here in WF.
After all, with all of the other BR games in the market why would I play Warframe when I could play one of them, have a much bigger community of players, and a much more balanced game?
There simply isn't anything in Warframe that would draw those sorts of players away from the BRs that they currently play and into playing WF instead, especially since you would have to do a ton of grinding to even think of starting to play in the BR mode.

Basically you're asking for a mode that would be dead on arrival, excatly like Lunaro was, but taking far more time and effort to get started.
And all for absolutely zero benefit.

DE tried to do a pvp only game, balanced for pvp.

keyart_final.jpg

Dead on open beta release. 

They tried the hero shooter thing because that was currently still "in" when they started.

Then the death of LawBreakers showed them even if it was good, it didn't matter. The market was saturated. Duh. And couldn't support another game as a service that DE wanted.

And you want them to jump on the Royal wagon now? It was already a bad idea if they started 2 years ago.

They need a unique idea, and build around that instead of shoehorning a incompatible system to the point of making a game within a game with completely different rules. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mooonroe said:

Greetings tenno. 
In this post, I would like to state my thoughts on how I would revive pvp in our favorite game.
I apologize for my English, I don’t know him very well and resorted to Google’s help.
The essence of my idea, my thought is this -battle royale.I certainly understand that this is a far from new idea, and that there are a lot of such individual games.
So, as I see this mode
First of all, this is a dedicated server, no hosts. I think I’ll explain why it is he who is needed - just need
Secondly, the card Cetus. For this mode, the map has everything. Mountains, rugged terrain, shelters, trees, enemy bases (but there is a moot point).
Not necessarily that they were immediately a lot, not necessarily. For starters, you can restrict to 3-4-5 frames.
I would prefer Oberon or Trinity, Amber, Chrome .In this mode, the level of health at all about the same (At 30 level)

Energy I think in this mode it is not needed, but to make a cool-down for abilities.
No shot-jumping.

As well as in other games with a similar mode there will be a zone that converges on some part of the map.
K7WVPNX.jpg
About the weapon as well as with the frames. It is not necessary to add all the weapons available in the game. 
You can add to start 10-15 rifles, 1-3 sniper rifles, 3-4 shotguns, 3-4 bows. Ammo to pick up from dead enemies or loot in chests.
The number of players can be limited to 40-50 (I'm not quite sure about that). Calculate one session in 20-25 minutes.
There would also be a separate syndicate for this map mode. All the things that were on the signals could be acquired by syndicate glasses.

Thanks for attention.

I appreciate all of the hard work and thought you've put into this, but ultimately I don't think a battle royale game really fits with Warframe.

That said, however, I think if [DE] wanted to make a BR game, they might be the best company to do so, with their background in PvP shooters, and then what they've done with Warframe; they could create what would probably be the best BR game.

Just the movement from this game alone would put in the top 3, easy.

If they made a BR game where everyone is a ninja and the weapons were all period accurate, like the Daikyu or rifles having only one shot, shuriken, I'd be all about that.

Well, honestly I kind of hate BR games, I'm more than a little excited for them to die off in favor of what's next, but I'd still play one like the one you're suggesting.

But shoe-horning a BR game into a different game that wasn't purpose built for it from the ground up always ends poorly.

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

TLDR: Warframe Battle Royale

давайте не будем приводить сюда этих зрителей (вы знаете, что я имею в виду). Основная аудитория Warframe-игроки PvE, возрождающие игровой режим, который имеет почти нулевых игроков PvP, не принесет пользу DE на стороне бизнеса. Поэтому я сомневаюсь, что конклав будет переделан в ближайшее время.. может быть, когда-нибудь.

Другие игры существуют, и они делают чертовски хорошую работу в своих PvP-играх, чем Warframe.

In Warframe, the main audience is Pve, only because pvp was failed initially . if you have one basic idea of this farm , please, but the game needs to develop in both directions, simply because it developed, though initially made the game pve then why did they do pvp. experiment? no , they gave the idea that Warframe is not only about Pve.

Edited by ersrs

13 hours ago, Mooonroe said:

Greetings tenno. 
So, as I see this mode

No shot-jumping.

K7WVPNX.jpg

Thanks for attention.

Ok, hard work in there, but I think Battle royale does not suit warframe theme, maybe some kind of massive war event in the open world areas would be great, lets see PVP at the moment almost no one likes it because warframes are designed to be unbalanced and overpowered.

For your Idea to work it should be the operators and standard weapons with no mods, no operator abilities but the question here its, does warframe really needs to be come a battle royal?

That market its already saturated I Think DE should focus somewhere else, like giving veterans a true end game objective and PVP does not appear to be that objective for veterans.

Edited by prodi1600

23 hours ago, Mooonroe said:

Greetings tenno. 
So, as I see this mode

No shot-jumping.

K7WVPNX.jpg

Thanks for attention.

Thats a battle royale mode you just described. Theres no way DE can impliment it, and even if they could...why? Warframe is primarily a pve game, and people play it for the pve. Yes pvp is a guilty pleasure of mine, but really all we need is better balancing for weapons and frames and bug fixes for some maps. As of now there are still out of bound glitches that need tending to, but even I know it won't happen.

• 3 weeks later...

It might also help if DE made it so players don't have unfair advantages over other players, and give everybody the same gear/weapons to work with, like in any other FPS (think of Halo). Conclave is unbalanced because of this. It favors players who have played and won matches for a while, while tossing noobs aside like they are nothing.

I reckon if you want to revive conclave, they could make all weapons in the conclave arsenal available whether you have the weapon in PvE or not.That way new players don't have to spend 1000 hours in PvE just to get weapons that they want to use. And people could also test out the "feel" of a weapon before they build it for PvE. 

• Like 2