Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CRYOTRA Beam not desplaying.

ghostmonster

A few hot-fixes back, I would say about 2 weeks ago the displayed graphic for the Cryotra has ceased to function. It is a beam weapon and the graphic was similar to the Artax but a but fancier. I have tested this on every sentinel and get the same results. The sentinel puffs out a few spaks and you can see the target taking damage continuously, but no beam is emitting from the sentinel.  I currently have my Cryotra to 98% status with gas, and the c0olor set to a very bright green from the infested palette to make the beam and the cloud as visible as possible so I can target those enemies for a condition overload synergy. Since this is not working as it has in the past and I assume is currently broken this has made things a bit more unnecessarily difficult. I have included links to photos so you can see it failing to display properly.F92CDCBE97A4A689304B87811F99617814CD9879

As you can see the corpus warden is taking gas damage to his health pool but no beam is being displayed.

6A575FD0A4054D48A4C3F55DE80521F584543356

In this example you can see the the the toxic cloud proc has effected the warden one row over.

51E8590ED352364FE1731F143FAFA1ADD7199EA3

And finally here you can see the warden taking the toxic damage to his health, cold damage to his shields, and the sentinel farting out sparks. The only thing missing is actually seeing the beam hit the target.

I hope I have provided enough here to get some traction on possibly getting this fixed. This is my first time posting to the forums so I hope people, i don't know, up vote it, or comment, or whatever so that it gets noticed and put on the to-do list. Thanks [DE] for making this great game that brings me so much fun for my friends and I everyday.

• Like 1

Just to bump for importance and add two things:

1. This is important for some players as an "enemy finder" / laser sight - especially on Sentinels (but also on MOAs to a degree). Bright colours for status procs just don't help if we're not already looking at the target, and enemy radar is only so accurate.

2. For DE: The beam seems to be using the wrong visual - there's a brief flash of the beam and some streaks of light reminiscent of the Opticor. I'm thinking it may be a very small pointer issue, with the firing script pointing to the Opticor animation instead of the Cryotra animation.

• Like 1

same here, it puffs out some sparks of somekind so you know its firing and the enemy takes damage, after its fired it leaves a diamond in the sky were the sentinel fired the beam from

has been like this for a few updates now, i just thought it might come back, but it hasnt yet

So the beam comes from the target back to the sentinels weapon. Great, we have a single cases of it working in reverse under theses specific conditions. Any more traction on this thread is appreciated so it gets noticed and fixed so, thanks to all who have contributed so far.

• 5 weeks later...

Beam has been missing for months at this point, and there have been several threads about the issue. Not really expecting anything to be done about it any time soon.

But hey, at least I can get a space guitar now. Because, priorities. Maybe I should try giving the guitar to my Helios Prime and see if it can take an enemies head off with it.

• 1 month later...

There was such a reply on a different thread about this issue. The response from DE was that "It's on our radar", or something similar. Admittedly, I think that was about a month ago, lol. 

Personally I'd prefer that they seek and destroy the bug rather than have it on their radar.

I just miss my Cryotra beam *sad sniff* :sadcry:

I'm still mad at myself for having a typo in the thread title. My mind keeps telling me that little mistake has caused them unintentionally to overlook this bug. I love this weapon and wish that it would get fixed.

If it was a warframe gun i have no doubt it would have been fixed long ago. Our loyal robotic companions however are not as loved by the community at large compared to their fuzzy counterparts.

Please DE give us some sentinel love and fix our cryotra.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...