Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Light Of The Recent Discussions, I Noticed A Flaw

MageMeat

I am very sorry Ced23Ric, if you do not appreciate being quoted for the purpose of getting this thread's message across.

"I am stepping down because I can no longer moderate for DE with a clear conscience and DE has brought to my attention that they do not appreciate my overly passionate way of repeating and insisting on changes to be made, due to my lack of experience in game design."

-Ced23Ric

There is a flaw is this logic.

First, what is an overly passionate way? Is the community not passionate and figuratively (and possibly literally) screaming for changes at times?

Second, these outcries and wishes are repeated over and over in these forums. They may come in different forms, but nonetheless carry the same messages. Yet only now do they say they do not appreciate the inherent repetitiveness of speaking to a community (or one of its members even) and improving their game based on feedback they receive.

Third, game design is at least partially based on what the developers think their target audience will actually enjoy, coupled with what the developers wish to have as their final product. The first portion of this formula is vital to the continued survival of a game after it has been public for a few months. The developers must talk to their customers, or at least analyze what their audience enjoys and then use that information to improve on their product. Knowing what the players will enjoy is important to designing a game if you plan for it to last for over ~1 year or so.

It sounds like this: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque (I also learned of this website through Ced, thanks)

TL;DR: DE sometimes appears to have a mindset improper for running a game and having it succeed.

Knowing that it is likely that somebody at DE will (probably tomorrow) read this, I and much of the community expect you as a whole to get your stuff together.

I my honest opion moderators should be nutral in most cases.

Also game design goes a bit deeper than what the target audience enjoys. (What they enjoy without knowing it, for example)

Also what makes thing a complete package instead of thing trown on a pile. 

Ced23Ric just resigned as a Community Moderator.

No need for neutrality now.

I also did say that what the audience will enjoy is only part of game design.

"I am stepping down because I can no longer moderate for DE with a clear conscience and DE has brought to my attention that they do not appreciate my overly passionate way of repeating and insisting on changes to be made, due to my lack of experience in game design."

-Ced23Ric

Wait, Cedric is leaving?