Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Framerate drops to almost slideshow speeds.

Having started my grind for both Lens to make greater lens and the Eidolon lens BP I've had the displeasure to encounter this performance drop in many of my runs. I don't know what all info you need to troubleshoot the problem so I'll provide some relevant info.

Warframe: Mesa

Loadout: Tigris Prime, Catchmoon, Nikana Zaw, Smeeta Kavat

Console: PS4(Launch)

Connection: Wifi(Satellite Provider)

Speeds: 5-8mbps down 2-3mbps Up (.23-.56mbps down .19-.23 mbps up throttled)

Occurrence: during free roam after multiple engagements with enemy; during bounties normally after the second one; occurs more frequently after any stage that deals with mass killing

That's about all I have.  If I can think of anything else I'll just update the post. 

Wait... 5-8 mbps down?  2-3 up? AND through Wi-Fi?  You sure you're not missing some 0s in the down numbers???  I know we can't all have the luxury of living near the strongest connections... but what you've just described is... well... probably the worst internet I've ever seen anybody claim to have, ever.   I'm guessing you must be VERY rural to be using satellite internet 😕  

Just from reading that I would say the frame drops is probably the times the game is crapping itself trying to communicate to the servers.

Regardless of provider, Wi-Fi is never recommended.  Always use a LAN cable to connect to your PS4, this is actually because the PS4's wi-fi receiver is rather poor.  Lan cable will ensure the best connection you can get from your internet.    

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Wait... 5-8 mbps down?  2-3 up? AND through Wi-Fi?  You sure you're not missing some 0s in the down numbers???  I know we can't all have the luxury of living near the strongest connections... but what you've just described is... well... probably the worst internet I've ever seen anybody claim to have, ever.  

Just from reading that I would say the frame drops is probably the times the game is crapping itself trying to communicate to the servers.

I assure you those numbers are correct.  I've been playing warframe for quite a while on this connection.  The issues that I'm talking about here are visual performance I just provided what information I thought would be relevant to the plains.  This doesn't happen on the vallis so it may be a memory leak or maybe the game still rendering the bodies or actions of the enemies on the other side of the map.  Normally when it craps itself communicating to the server I get the spinning red icon and text.

So today I do believe I have found the answer to why the framerate drops so hard in the Plains.  It seems that there is a problem with the Tusk Bulkor as when it spawns it gets stuck in the air.  It's not bad when only one spawns and gets stuck though its when you have multiple instances of it happening and you leave them there.  I found this out today as I was doing bounties and one showed up and my game proceeded to lag heavily.   What caught my attention though is that the bulkor never opened fire with its op gatling gun.  So I flew up with my archwing and after a few mags of bullets I blew it up.  afterwards the lag just disappeared.  I'll try to get some video footage next time it happens and link it here, but if anyone else can confirm this that would be great.

Can confirm that it's the Tusk Boltors causing it, all of them at the moment glitch out freezing on the spot as they spawn in. They don't despawn so by the time 3 or more of them spawn and freeze it kills your framerate. It happens pretty often on tier 5 bounties especially liberate the camp objectives during the day so at the moment it's best to bring something that can kill them pretty fast so you don't waste your time shooting them to get back to a stable framerate.

I have also experienced this.   I have been hunting @ PoE for new relics for the past two days and yesterday the framerate was just HORRIBLE.  I had to go into options and shut off all the little graphics stuff I actually use like weapon FX,  lens flares,  blur, grain, etc etc.  That seemed to fix my problem....

But the Plains has waaay more problems than just framerate drops.   

-Wisp's speed mote will randomly stop working at some point our on the plains and never work again.   The icon for the mote and the timer will appear on your UI when u step in range or have the timer but you dont shoot any faster.  At 50% speed increase this is a very noticable difference to RoF.   Hear healing and shock mote seem to not have this problem...  

-Enemies do not spawn/transport into some of the objectives.  I did multiple "control the area" type missions yesterday where no enemies would show up and control never dipped below 100% for the entire time limit.  But its more annoying when it happens in kill missions and there is nothing to kill.   Especially when that Gunship is one of the things you have to kill.  

Glad to see that I was somewhat of assistance there. Sadly I've been quite busy and haven't had a chance to play as of late.  I'll try and squeeze in a few sessions later on tomorrow night as I'll have a free day the following day.  Have noticed the weird spawning logic on the plains as well, but lets keep this topic about the one at hand as I've noticed if you keep it on topic they tend to fix things faster as they don't have to shift through unnecessary things to find problem points. 

On 2019-07-04 at 9:05 PM, (PS4)Malik_The_Gent said:

So today I do believe I have found the answer to why the framerate drops so hard in the Plains.  It seems that there is a problem with the Tusk Bulkor as when it spawns it gets stuck in the air.

I'm happy to report that we have just fixed this issue and you should hopefully receive a fix for it very soon. Please let us know if you still have problems with the Tusk Bulkor after the next hotfix has gone live. Thanks!