The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Forma

(XBOX)Nooby Nibble

Question

So I just completed all of the Nightwave Intermission tiers yesterday, and I’ve been racking my brain trying to decide what frame to use the Aura Forma on but I just don’t know. Any suggestions? I don’t have all of the frames by far but if there’s a good one to use the Aura Forma on I’ll grind the blueprints and materials out in a day. Thoughts?

24 answers to this question

Pretty sure most people will say nova (ideally prime version but this is vaulted at the moment), especially if you have power donation (V) for doing a speed nova build but want to use say corrosive projection (-) on the slow nova etc.

There's probably a few other options too but honestly if it's your only one there's no real rush to use it so I'd likely save it till you have a couple.

11 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Pretty sure most people will say nova (ideally prime version but this is vaulted at the moment), especially if you have power donation (V) for doing a speed nova build but want to use say corrosive projection (-) on the slow nova etc.

There's probably a few other options too but honestly if it's your only one there's no real rush to use it so I'd likely save it till you have a couple.

Ok, thanks for the help, I’m not that big of a fan of Nova so I’m thinking about using it on either Trinity or Rhino. Trinity for solo/squad builds and Rhino for general gameplay/solo Index builds. Thoughts on that?

I wouldn't bother with using it at all right now. 

There are really no "necessary" auras in the whole of Warframe. Even Sortie level content doesn't necessitate the use of Auras, The only point where Auras really "shine" are in protracted endless missions and there the only aura that really means anything is Corrosive Projection to deal with the insane Armor scaling. 

Which means the only Aura you really ever need in the game is a dash polarity anyhow and you aren't going to need that outside of very specific criteria. 

In short Auras are too general to really necessitate it and the Forma is too "rare" to commit to using. My only hope is that this was somehow a use case for a general multi polarity system tho I hope that is a cumulative (EG you just keep adding single forma to a slot over time with possibly the option of a true once off multi polarity forma) system vs an exclusive one use multi polarity forma. Cause the time/cost of crafting Aura forma is just no bueno~ when most of the time you're going to maybe use two polarities at most in any given slot. 

Edited by Oreades

Im sitting on my rainbow aura and umbra forma too..

The rainbow aura isnt that big of a deal.  Pretty easy to figure out also...  Just play warframe and if there is a warframe you swap out aura's on alot for different situations then go with that one to receive it.  

I cant really think of any warframe where I swap out aura's alot.  I know there are a few where I didnt agree with their starting polarity and so made them nuetral,  but I dont remember which those are.   

Multipurpose frames I guess.  Like you might want a completely different set up for hunting Eido's than for star chart. Or like chroma since he is so good at end game you could give him an a rainbow so you can adapt to any content or challenge.  Like everyone taking Corrosive projection or anti-corpus aura's or energy syphon etc etc.   

Look at the frames you have put exilus adapters into.  Those guys obviously need every bit of capacity as you can get.   

But yeah im saving my stuff until there is a NEED or until they become more common type items.   Umbra forma I could stick in so many of my frames and weapons.  In fact I think I broke several of my frames by ranking up my umbra mods to much heh.  Damn Wisp wanting MORE POWER!!!!.  

10 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Damn Wisp wanting MORE POWER!!!!.  

Lol, I feel that, I love playing Wisp, basically any frame with healing abilities is my bread and butter, and I love the extra health her vitality mote gives, but I’ve backed off of her and started playing Trinity more often because my friend mains Inaros and I can get his health back up to max in a split second with Blessing no matter what health he’s on, she’s also really nice to take on sorties.

I find the best candidates are frames which need CP for a specific function of their kit but also make great use of other auras outside that function.

Equinox is a good example of this. Maim needs CP to scale but none of her other abilities do and work great with other Auras.

Trinity is another example. If you're using Abating Link you don't need CP if you're not using that augment you might want CP.

To be honest that's about the only frames I've put an Aura forma on. The rest are either fine with --- polarity or Growing Power.

I havent used mine either. Nova is the only one that comes to mind really who needs more than one type of aura. Almost all other frame I think just has that perfect one aura that fits their abilities. If not by default, after a regular forma, but point being that only one aura is usually good on it.

If you enjoy Titania you'll probably want to put an aura forma on her there are some applications where she will want corpro but others where she will want growing power. TBH a lot of frames can end up with situations like that where they will want one aura in some situations another aura in others. IE eidolon hunts vs regular gameplay

My suggestion is to use your aura forma in whatever frame you play or enjoy the most. I think it's reasonable to have some versatility in something that you use a lot. I do not believe that it's a necessary addition, unless you are someone who really wants to min-max builds.

Apart from that, my suggestion is to do the process on a Prime frame if possible. There are some that are way too far from receiving their prime versions of course, so not a bad idea spending it on them if they are to your liking.

I mean.. normally you should use it on versatile Warframes like Nova Prime.... but really you can slap it on whatever you want....

I forma all my Warframe's Aura Slots with Naramon Polarities just for Corrosive Projection.... the Exception Being Mag just Because she can Strip armor in a large scale very effectively....

Right now I have aura Forma in my Volt Prime and Gara.... Volt Prime doesn't really need it... But For Gara she can use The Forma to Alternate between Corrosive Projection for Armored enemies and Steel Charge for everything else.... shes also my Dedicated Arbitration Frame so maybe she can pay me back with Aura Forma Blueprints.... but id rather have Adaption....

Put it on any warframe (as priority) that requires different builds for specific skills, like Oberon, Volt, Trinity, Ember, etc. Or you can install it on your favorite warframe.

Although Naramon aura mods are the most common at the moment, installing Aura Forma just doesn't do harm to any warframe. You gain benefit despite not significant, so it's still better than nothing. Just use it in case you wanna switch aura mods for special occasions.

I have so many I put one on every prime variant lacking anything better to do.

my priority when they were first release was:

Nova
Chroma
Mag
Equinox
Trinity
Nekros

once I did the above, I just started dumping them on frames alphabetically.  Nova, Mag, Equinox and Trinity are the only frames I have active builds that actually take advantage of using different polarities however, and certainly could have lived without any of these largely useless Aura formas.

I still haven't applied my umbral forma however as indecision is killing me since I have at least 7 frames I desperately want it on.

• Like 1

I put one of my aura formas on Nova Prime so I can have my normal build and a speed up the Ai one, damn they move there little legs with a -60 speed instead of the normal -30 you get, the kubros are the funniest they run that fast if you don't shoot them they are at your throat real fast and seeing so many two legged enemy's bunched up in a survival all running towards you in a wide corridor is like the Zombie apocalypse has started. 😛

Edited by Slayer-.
Added the word Prime to clarify

Le 04/07/2019 à 04:23, (XB1)Nooby Nibble a dit :

Ok, thanks for the help, I’m not that big of a fan of Nova so I’m thinking about using it on either Trinity or Rhino. Trinity for solo/squad builds and Rhino for general gameplay/solo Index builds. Thoughts on that?

If you have the aura format Rhino P is not a bad idea.

It's a well rounded warframe, usefull for a variety of missions an eventually you will format the aura because the corrosive projection is sometimes very useful.

So format for format why not use an aura format ?

On 2019-07-03 at 6:55 PM, (XB1)Nooby Nibble said:

So I just completed all of the Nightwave Intermission tiers yesterday, and I’ve been racking my brain trying to decide what frame to use the Aura Forma on but I just don’t know. Any suggestions? I don’t have all of the frames by far but if there’s a good one to use the Aura Forma on I’ll grind the blueprints and materials out in a day. Thoughts?

I used mine on Wisp but that's mostly because she's the first support frame I actually like out of literally all of the others. I can't justify using an umbral though knowing if I upgrade all of them to max not even a fully forma'd frame can use all 3 and still use full corrupted.

I put my first Aura Forma on my Nova. It allows me to go slow (Corrosive Projection + Ability Strength mods) or fast (Power Donation and/or Overextended). That would be the first, obvious choice.

The rest? I dunno. Still sitting on my second at the moment. Probably my Trinity, as her Eidolon hunting career draws close to an end.

The Forma is one you could really use if you could hot swap auras during a mission or hot swap builds.  Since you currently cannot during a mission and have to be in your orbitor or out of the mission then well....not sure....might as well save it.

I guess it helps a small minority of players less then 2% whom will switch aura mods for specific team stacking....but that's for a single mission.....I guess it might be useful for a sorti where you can switch to differing ones during those missions.....but its not like you have to switch super fast...and you could simply just change your frame.

So just not sure what DE was thinking with this forma either.