Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania: The forsaken fairy(rework)

Stygie

This is a full kit rework tldr is at the bottom of each section.

So I have many a times spoken on Titania, and also many times been shot down due to my ideas. However, I am back once more with a permutation on my ideas for Titania. Originally, I felt that she should retain parts of her kit that makes her this off support dps, however, I know feel as though she should become a full on dps frame. Here is my reasoning for this.

Titania seems to be a support frame that was made with the same intention as Harrow. A frame that does damage and supports via their damaging capabilities. Now before you yell about her cc, allow me showcase why her abilities make me feel like she is a half baked Harrow.

Spellbind is a quick cc that provides her with status immunity which extents to her team. Harrow has a similar quick cc that only buffs himself. 

Tribute is single target spell that produces a buff. Each buff seemingly should help the team but is really more in favor of Titania's strengths. Accuracy reduction? Animal buffing? Slowing enemies? All to make her more survivable. Those buffs really favor her.

Latern is a large aoe cc that is used to drop aggro on herself. Her she diverges a bit from Harrow. However, this is still ment to be a supporty ability.

Razorwing buffs her self and gives her heavy damage. Sound familiar?

With this said, I will remind you that I am not saying she is Harrow. What I am saying is that she is trying to do what Harrow does maybe not the same exact way but it is what she wants to do.

So what are we left with? Either we make her a support or a dps. If I am being frank, I'd rather her be dps as a counterpoint to Oberon's supportiveness. Remember, the Fairy King and Queen in all lore written about them since Shakespeare as had them in love but at odds with each other for territory or over random squabbles. Wouldn't it be more lore accurate to make her more formidable? 

tldr -Titania should be made a dps to pull away from her supportiveness and give her own identity along with becoming a counterpart Oberon.

Abilities

(All numbers are base stats and can be modded unless stated otherwise)

Fae step(used to be Trampoline)

Rather than giving her increased bullet jump and leaving behind that werid buff zone for allies, instead change her bullet jump to a short range teleport. It will travel the same range as a bullet jump and flow with movement the same. However, it will instantly drop enemy agro.

This takes inspiration from dnd and the spell Fey step. The idea is to give her an interesting survivability aspect coming from the passive similar to Wisp but one that stays true to fairy or fae powers

Spellbound(used to be Spellbind)

Titania targets a single enemy binding them in place with fae magic. If this enemy dies, the magic jumps to nearby enemies binding them as well. When killed, bound target produce a Razorfly that flies to Titania side. Propgation and Razorfly spawning still occurs when allies kill the target. These Razorflies deal passive damage to any enemies near Titania. This damage increases with each Razorfly gained

Root duration - 5 seconds

Propagation radius - 25 meters

Passive damage - 300 slashing damage(multiplied by number of Razorflies that Titania has. No cap)

Tribute

Titania sacrifices some of the Razorflies she has gathered to increase her firerate and critical chance. Sacrificing Razorflies also grant Titania brief invincibility.

Number of Razorflies sacrificed - 50% of current amount stored

Firerate increase - 20%

Critical chance increase - 20%

Invincibility duration - 5 seconds(unmodable)

Royal Command(used to be Latern)

Titania commands some of her Razorflies to disperse and assail enemies. Enemies targeted by Razorflies are marked vulnerable, taking more damage from Titania and her allies. Titania gains extra health from killing marked enemies. If enemies are Spellbound, the new Razorfly will recieve the command and jump to the propagating targets marking them as vulnerable.

Base enemies marked - 5(plus 50% of current Razorflies)

Additional damage taken - 25%

Extra health granted - 100(unmodable. Caps at 1500 extra health.)

Razorwing

Titania shrinks down and gains the use of her Dex Pixia and Diwata. While in this form, Razorflies protect Titania with their lives intercepting incoming damage.

Damage reduction -10% for each Razorfly currently held (capped at 90%)

tldr All abilities save for Razorwing has been changed to make Titania a closed reasource dps frame.

Closing thoughts 

I believe these changes will make her more fun to play and more useful in the game as it is today. Most importantly, it gives her an identity. Any feedback is welcome. I do ask for someoen to help me with editing her base stats, I am quite bad at that.

Il y a 15 heures, Lucian_Adrion a dit :

tldr -Titania should be made a dps to pull away from her supportiveness and give her own identity along with becoming a counterpart Oberon.

Your main mistake is that you attribute Oberon only support, although in fact it performs all the roles. At the moment, Oberon can not be attributed to any class, as it has a good DPS, perhaps one of the best tanks and support, which is only an increase in armor (which can be attributed to the tank) and healing with the removal of status.

And Yes, I do not like what Titania want to do DPS. It is not enough, which is contrary to the concept of fairies (because they liked messing with people's heads and drive them crazy), and focus on pure DPS incredibly boring. Titania now has DPS at the Mesa level, so I do not think that in this regard, we need to introduce any improvement.