Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is this a profanity?

-Sharpy-

I'm not entirely sure who is posting seriously on this topic and who is not. So let me get this straight: a 4-letter part of consecutive letters of the English word "anticipation", which consists of 12 letters, forms an offensive word in some other language. That means that the whole English word is now considered offensive or a profanity in the system that decides the acceptable names of zaws or kitguns? Does the "offensive" part of the word has to be formed by consecutive letters, or not? For example, does the word "account", which clearly contains mostly non-consecutive letters that can form an offensive word, is also a profanity?

Yeah, I don't really want to know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

I'm not entirely sure who is posting seriously on this topic and who is not. So let me get this straight: a 4-letter part of consecutive letters of the English word "anticipation", which consists of 12 letters, forms an offensive word in some other language. That means that the whole English word is now considered offensive or a profanity in the system that decides the acceptable names of zaws or kitguns? Does the "offensive" part of the word has to be formed by consecutive letters, or not? For example, does the word "account", which clearly contains mostly non-consecutive letters that can form an offensive word, is also a profanity?

Yeah, I don't really want to know.

No, because the system has standards, gosh. 

Joking aside, the system does need a once over to remove instances like this.  Players have tried using words like Assassin and got blocked because it had ass in it. I think someone tried using the name of a Middle Eastern deity and it got blocked as profanity once.  It's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I'd rather have silence :3 

So...put your hand, over the mouth. 😉 

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Depends on the type of screaming.  😀 

Very true.

What is this 1950? Profanity makes you look bad, sure... But policing it is both dumb and hopeless in my opinion. And it's really silly if the profanity filter is actually scanning for partial matches from different languages that most people who play Warframe don't speak! There's an ingame profanity filter. Isn't this enough for most people? I don't think some guy who dropped, for example, the F word should be banned. I got my filter for that. That's all I care about!

1 час назад, BETAOPTICS сказал:

Ít is Tyl Regor, everything he says and does is an innuendo.

Wait, what?

*checks wiki Tyl Regor quotes

I miss those days then my knowledge of English was not good enough to understand it. Still, not sure what is suggestive in live dissection though. Don’t want to know!

But seriously, it is a pity that we can not literally kill Tyl (and his tubemen) with anticipation.

Edited by rand0mname

14 hours ago, -Sharpy- said:

I tried to call my new kitgun "the anticipation OOH" in honor of Tyl Regor and the game says i can't use a profanity as a name LOL

Meh...I try name my gun calling it "Bass Cannon" for the game readied as profanity because it thinks the word close to #$$ auto selected as profanity so I can't say Bass so I end up calling it Bas s Cannon"

14 hours ago, Clats01 said:

The only thing i can think it would be is the "OOH" cause caps and the bot is real anal about to many caps even if it is only 3. Otherwise maybe put in a ticket and ask why it its showing it as profanity.

Tbh it probably is, but if so it's still a pretty damn dumb reason since all kitgun and zaw names become capitalized anyway when in your arsenal or when you link them.

Edit: nvm apparently it was anticipation since the in Polish its profanity, or something along the lines of that.

Edited by birdobash

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

That's really dumb if words are going to get banned that contain words from other languages. 

You know what we should do?

1. Invent a new language.
  2. Define some of the words as swear words.
  3. Get the language to be recognised.
  4. DE is forced to add more words to the filter.
  5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 until we don't have to name our weapons anymore.

Or just have client-side profanity filtering defined for your locale and don't ban/kick/etc... anyone based on such subjective nonsense? I think we already have the client-side filter (replaces bad words with '*')?

5 hours ago, rand0mname said:

Wait, what?

*checks wiki Tyl Regor quotes

I miss those days then my knowledge of English was not good enough to understand it. Still, not sure what is suggestive in live dissection though. Don’t want to know!

But seriously, it is a pity that we can not literally kill Tyl (and his tubemen) with anticipation.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1920&bih=937&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=VcIeXdiHG--FrwSg445g&q=You+missed+the+joke&oq=You+missed+the+joke&gs_l=img.3..0l3j0i24.14371.16978..17060...0.0..0.58.1003.19......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......35i39j0i67.pHnLmnZ63kQ.

Ehh, If I recall correctly, I could not have "Shtung" as part of my Zaw name. I tried to name my zaws according to the parts they had and had to change that one to stung or something. It is interesting that I am not allowed to name my stuff with the same names as DE is naming their stuff. 🙂

• Like 1

Il y a 7 heures, Dthamilaye a dit :

Ehh, If I recall correctly, I could not have "Shtung" as part of my Zaw name. I tried to name my zaws according to the parts they had and had to change that one to stung or something. It is interesting that I am not allowed to name my stuff with the same names as DE is naming their stuff. 🙂

I had the same problem for some zaw with Sthung parts...

I named my zaws with the 3 first letters of each parts.

For example for Kripath + Sthung + Ekwana Jai, i used KRIS8TEKWJ instead of KRISHTEKWJ, because the SHT of sthung pose problem.

But what could mean SHT ?

Even if it could have mean something, it's a full word, without space.

This is crazy.

Edited by Alpha56
  • Like 2

The profanity info message appears when you write something that cannot be accepted regardless of its content. It is currently the "no can't do" message. Try typing something like "yes" or "no" for confirmation.