The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for an adaptive style endurance mission

Cuchullin

This is an idea I've had for an endurance mission that isn't just a face endless waves of enemies for as long as you can which can get boring and if you're playing solo the spawn rates can be awkward. In concept you would start the mission with a spy/capture which leads to either a mobile defense, point defense, interception, rescue, exterminate or survival. These could be a rotation of missions within the overall mission and should a reset back to start (for the spy/capture mission type) hacking a particular panel could "send a signal" that the Tenno have left and the enemies go into the standard passive mode in missions.

It may be impractical to implement but I think having verity in endurance missions both in team composition and weapon load-outs can make endurance mode more interesting then just squaring off against endless increasing waves of the same types of enemies all the time.

Just a thought anyway.

So, basically implement open world style bounties into endless missions? I assume this is going to be a new mode and not replacing any of the current mission types.

I am fairly neutral on it. I am doubtful that this would achieve much. Mission variety does not make it enjoyable. Look at the reviews people give bounties: long, repetitive and tedious.

Edited by krc473

DE have stated in a previous devstream that they were considering adding this into the game, but, that was quite a long time before the two open worlds when they discussed it.

As @krc473 stated, that would essentially just be open world bounties which would be redundant to add into the core game since bounties already does mission variety in a sense.

True enough it won't necessarily add much to the baseline game as but if it's added in as a nightwave nightmare style mission where if you complete as much as possible you get set amounts of standing. At the very least it would add a new way to introduce new lore and/or Tenno starting to take matters into their own hands a little more. As for the open world bounties I was thinking more along the lines of building up check-boxes where you would tick off as many complete aspects as possible that pop up as random events within the mission.

For example if your in an endless survival mission and a enemy commanding officer comes in your mission would be to capture them alive preferably, then a spy/ rescue/ interception/ mobile defense/sabotage. Ultimately it's about adding sub objectives for bonus standing with factions or rewards, and better rewards for higher marked finishes. 

I would like something similar to SO/ESO minus the efficiency crap, you finish zones after zones, tileset and/or enemy faction change for every zones with better rewards or some bonus buff the longer you stay in the mission. 

And while writing this, I thought of an idea for "mission variety", I assume because killing hordes that just run to you gets boring after some time?
The game mode is kill hordes while waiting for a countdown (I'm still thinking of a better game mode lel)
So this would be a different tileset because the map consists of different "areas", those areas are like "mini-missions", which means you can do the kill things while waiting for a timer and have a side mission that gives bonus rewards. The different areas can be spy, mobile defense, capture, rescue, pretty much the other game modes, so think if it you can do spy while doing the original mission. This would be pretty challenging for solo play, and would be fun for co-op (although probably frustrating when done with random, public group).

4 hours ago, Yxivi said:

those areas are like "mini-missions", which means you can do the kill things while waiting for a timer and have a side mission that gives bonus rewards. The different areas can be spy, mobile defense, capture, rescue, pretty much the other game modes, so think if it you can do spy while doing the original mission. This would be pretty challenging for solo play, and would be fun for co-op (although probably frustrating when done with random, public group).

Pretty much this. Not only would it add verity to the mission type but it would also be a lore example of how the Tenno operated in the old war of getting behind enemy lines and doing as much damage as possible in several ways before getting out.