Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am i the only one who doesn't like leechers?

Kaizal

When did leeching become so normal around ESO, and so accepted?  Like people for real, going into ESO with Trinity and a rank 0 weapon? its like they don't even care about pretending they wanna be useful to the squad. Ill be concise, if you do this kind of things, pls stop, bring a DPS Warframe and try and help.

Also if you see this behavior just quit and look for another squad, don't incentivize those A******s nor waste your time giving them xp.

Oh hello dude on the internet. One among millions of other players.

Among hundreds of thousands of players who go login daily, ye ask thyself if should it be possible for ye to be the only person, citizen, sapient thing who doesnt like leechers.

I shall answer you:

Spoiler

Of

Spoiler

Course

Spoiler

f*BLEEP*cking

Spoiler

Not.

Spoiler

Batman-Slaps-Robin-Meme.jpg

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 2

Considering that most people that go do ESO do it to level up weapons, and that those weapons will usually by unranked and/or not very useful to actually kill stuff, everyone is basically leeching from each other ..

What you kill with your warframe abilities and other already maxed weapons contribute zero to level up your unranked weapons, so .. you basically have to rely on others, hence, leeching.

In a way, the more you kill, the less affinity you gain, which is why the optimal method to level up weapons is not to kill anything ( hence we get zero kills Trinity etc ). If you want to blame someone, blame DE for designing such a system that promotes leeching.

If you're looking for focus farming or vandal parts farming etc. I'd suggest just setting up a group.

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Kaizal said:

When did leeching become so normal around ESO, and so accepted?  Like people for real, going into ESO with Trinity and a rank 0 weapon? its like they don't even care about pretending they wanna be useful to the squad. Ill be concise, if you do this kind of things, pls stop, bring a DPS Warframe and try and help.

Also if you see this behavior just quit and look for another squad, don't incentivize those A******s nor waste your time giving them xp.

at least they use trinity and get themselves useful. i know i do. be glad, i could end up in your game and chose to pick an INAROS instead xD true leeching there. at least Trinity gives infinite energy

• Like 4

Seeing as a EV trin would actually be pretty useful for any number of power hungry DPS frames in a game mode that doesn't just let you Gearwheel out of the energy economy. But hey lets just look at the end of mission score and assume anyone who wasn't the Saryn was just dead weight. 

Wake me up when it's someone with a Limbo who just sits in the void with rank zero weapons, literally doing nothing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

at least they use trinity and get themselves useful. i know i do. be glad, i could end up in your game and chose to pick an INAROS instead xD true leeching there. at least Trinity gives infinite energy

Just now, Oreades said:

Seeing as a EV trin would actually be pretty useful for any number of power hungry DPS frames in a game mode that doesn't just let you Gearwheel out of the energy economy. But hey lets just look at the end of mission score and assume anyone who wasn't the Saryn was just dead weight. 

Wake me up when it's someone with a Limbo who just sits in the void with rank zero weapons, literally doing nothing.

Except that if everyone in the squad is there to level up weapons, then Trinity isn't really very helpful.

Why would someone use their hungry DPS frame to kill, when what they are looking for is to rank up their weapons?

If there's someone on the squad with a DPS frame looking to do focus farming .. then yes, Trinity is a awesome support. Otherwise, not very useful.

Just now, Vit0Corleone said:

Except that if everyone in the squad is there to level up weapons, then Trinity isn't really very helpful.

Why would someone use their hungry DPS frame to kill, when what they are looking for is to rank up their weapons?

If there's someone on the squad with a DPS frame looking to do focus farming .. then yes, Trinity is a awesome support. Otherwise, not very useful.

well, almost everyone looks for a DPS frame in ESO. most will quit if there isn't any, so Trinity will always be a good pick, no matter what.

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

well, almost everyone looks for a DPS frame in ESO. most will quit if there isn't any, so Trinity will always be a good pick, no matter what.

Except that rarely you get people that go there to do anything other than leveling up weapons.

And to do that, DPS frames are useless.

In theory, if everyone was aware of how affinity sharing works, no one would bring the likes of Saryn to level up weapons, and ESO would be completely useless.

That is why this system is pretty flawed IMHO ..

Edited by Vit0Corleone

14 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

If you don't like the group you get from opting to PUB a mission type then recruiting chat is right over there >>>> 

The person who brought the Trinity bough a frame that can be very useful in the game mode in question, full stop. So if all the OP is bringing to the table is "They brought a Trinity and she's a bad choice cause she isn't 9000% AOE DPS" I don't want to hear it cause all I'm hearing is "I don't know how to properly identify a leech". They also left out the players MR when complaining about a rank 0 weapon which is another important consideration as to said players potential DPS effectiveness. 

Being an MR25 and diligently ignoring the MR26 test because it looks like absolute butts..... most of my Rank 0 weapons (with a potato) come out of the gate at 85-90% of their final build at Rank0. 

The OP might be right that maybe that player was indeed just leeching but they brought nothing evidentiary to the table to prove it, they just cried "Leeeeeech" and frankly posts like this are the reason we don't have a report button in game for leeching. because people in general aren't sufficiently competent to accurately identify a player who is leeching vs a player who is in point of fact being useful in a manor that isn't braindead DPS. 

Edited by Oreades
added some qualifiers and a missing %
  • Like 4

Except for the fact that if affinity was not shared, you would have a metric S#&$ ton of people complaining that they could not get any kills themselves and thus rank up anything, be it their weapons or frames. The system works, it has done for 6 years. It does not need changing. It was the complaints of those not able to do anything to get affinity because of nuke frames, that the system is what it is today.

Multiple Saryn's or Volts with Saryn is counter productive to kill counts. Volt erases spawns too quickly, creating delays between spawns. Saryn, played right with spores, continuously kills, and spreads spores between spawns, and thus often comes out with a higher kill score singularly, over Volt. The more you kill the more affinity there is to share. Equinox is not a bad pairing with Saryn, that the DPS frames can gain some affinity and thus level up a weapon too.

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

If you don't like the group you get from opting to PUB a mission type then recruiting chat is right over there >>>> 

No need to get angry at me .. I'm not the one complaining. I'm merely pointing out the flaw in the system that promotes what the OP describes.

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The person who brought the Trinity bough a frame that can be very useful in the game mode in question, full stop. So if all the OP is bringing to the table is "They brought a Trinity and she's a bad choice cause she isn't 9000% AOE DPS"

Not if everyone on the squad is there to level up weapons.

Consider this simple example. Me and you go to ESO. We both want to go there to level up our weapons.

Explain me how your Trinity is going to help me do that.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Oh hello dude on the internet. One among millions of other players.

Among hundreds of thousands of players who go login daily, ye ask thyself if should it be possible for ye to be the only person, citizen, sapient thing who doesnt like leechers.

I shall answer you:

Hide contents

Of

Hide contents

Course

Hide contents

f*BLEEP*cking

Hide contents

Not.

Hide contents

Batman-Slaps-Robin-Meme.jpg

I love you.

17 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

No need to get angry at me .. I'm not the one complaining. I'm merely pointing out the flaw in the system that promotes what the OP describes.

Not if everyone on the squad is there to level up weapons.

My friend this isn't angry. 

If everyone in the squad is there to level weapons and no one can play the carry then the squad is simply going to dissolve and everyone is going to roll the PUG dice again. 

19 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Consider this simple example. Me and you go to ESO. We both want to go there to level up our weapons.

Explain me how your Trinity is going to help me do that.

Simple indeed because it doesn't cover what frame you brought at all nor does it cover the two other players cause Warframe is a four player game. Especially for modes like ESO where you want/need the added spawn rate from the additional players to hope to keep your (whatever Simaris calls it) above 0%. 

Soooo I'm going to roll with my EV skills (not that I'd ever actually play a Trinity) is going to keep the Saryn that joins topped off on energy and alive and she is going to solo nuke the map until the cows come home. Win Get!

Tho I'm curious as to how exactly your frame of choice would contribute to that scenario? Cause if you're leveling a weapon then clearly you aren't running anything that's high DPS and I've apparently been designated "the Trinity".

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Soooo I'm going to roll with my EV skills (not that I'd ever actually play a Trinity) is going to keep the Saryn that joins topped off on energy and alive and she is going to solo nuke the map until the cows come home. Win Get!

Win for you, yes.

For the Saryn, if she is there to level up weapons, total loss. Then again, of course it's kind of pointless to bring a Saryn to level up weapons, so there's that :-)

But hey, at the end of the day, your are not wrong. From theory ( which is what I was pointing out ) to practice, there's a gap. And if you do keep extracting until you get a DPS on your squad willing to carry you, that does work.
Thankfully there's all kinds of different players and often with different goals in mind (or lack of knowledge about how affinity works), which is why ESO works. If, however, everyone was there to level weapons AND knew how things actually work ..  no one would really want a Trinity in their squad.

14 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Tho I'm curious as to how exactly your frame of choice would contribute to that scenario?

It doesn't. Pretty much irrelevant the frame of choice. Although one could argue that a damage buffer or/and debuffer could in theory help out by allowing unranked weapons to do a lot more damage than what they would normally do.

48 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Just let them leech, and if you want, screenshoot their 0% stats and send to support
considering its easy to get banned by just multiple of these afk reports

Following your thoughts, if i bring ivara on eidolons and i deal 100% damage then should i report the other players because they did 0% damage?:facepalm:

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

yes, you should obviously come here and complain about that 1 time someone mildly annoyed you out of 100s of times that everything went fine. and they deserve every insult you want to throw at them because they didn't use the gear you demanded of them.

• Like 1

You do realise with enough experience, DPS players going into ESO would not be going in to rank their weapons, they have that option, but perhaps to Focus Farm? I play Saryn a lot in ESO, I do not give a flying fig if someone wants to Leech, or do what ever they wish to contribute in their own way. The numbers listed at the end don't mean jack squat as to what others in squad were doing to contribute. Some people buff, some come hoping to get their weapons leveled, they may swing and miss a few compared to the Saryn, but that is the nature of that event. Know that going in, or quit your *@##$'n

• Like 4

Heres something I noticed....

There is literally no place in the game to level up weapons Quickly all by yourself or In a group of other players doing the same thing... literally the best way to level up your weapons is to leech. you need to get kills with your Weapons if you want to level them up but if you grind MR Fodder then you are essentially #*!%ed if you don't leech....

Now if stealth was alot more viable then you could Level up your weapons by performing Stealth Finishers and then Hacking a spy vault undetected (not sure if this works) but the fact that 10 enemies Spawn in a cramped hallway essentially screwing over non insisible Warframes has pretty much killed this method of levelling....

Like it or not.... this specific type of Leeching that you are complaining about is by Design...

And honestly. It doesn't bother me.... 

What does bother me is if people leave on Zone 1-3.... I mean if you're going to leech at least make Commitment to Zone 8.... who know.... you might get that Lato Vandal drop like me and one guy did after two other players left making us suffer 2 Host migrations (and taking their Corrosive Projections with them)... meh.... Their loss.... they're short sited selfishness cost them a rare drop.....

BTW I still need Khora's blue print...

• Like 1

On 2019-07-04 at 8:00 PM, _junguler said:

yes, you should obviously come here and complain about that 1 time someone mildly annoyed you out of 100s of times that everything went fine. and they deserve every insult you want to throw at them because they didn't use the gear you demanded of them.

I mean, I see more leachers than I see people that actually contribute, and I can call them however I like, its not a matter if they deserve it or not. Also you, like many, like to simplify the issue and take it out of context, in ESO, nothing but a DPS is making a significant contribution, unless you presquad for that, every (competent)DPS going into pub ESO is going to be self sufficient.

On 2019-07-04 at 8:51 PM, Lutesque said:

And honestly. It doesn't bother me.... 

I'm honestly happy it doesn't bother you, that you can recognize it without getting pissed off, but I still think its a problem, whether that problem directly impacts you or not. Take the hema for example, i'm not as annoyed as I once was by it, but I still think the costs are BS. Also i'm completely the other way around, if I go pub, and I want to get to 8 for sure, I bring a frame that I know can do that regardless of whichever team I get.

On 2019-07-04 at 6:31 PM, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Just let them leech, and if you want, screenshoot their 0% stats and send to support
considering its easy to get banned by just multiple of these afk reports

Its easier to just resquad, and I honestly have trouble believing is going to be at all consequential.

On 2019-07-04 at 6:15 PM, CuChulainnWD said:

Except for the fact that if affinity was not shared, you would have a metric S#&$ ton of people complaining that they could not get any kills themselves and thus rank up anything, be it their weapons or frames. The system works, it has done for 6 years. It does not need changing. It was the complaints of those not able to do anything to get affinity because of nuke frames, that the system is what it is today.

Sure... because my post was claiming that affinity sharing is the problem? Lets say I claimed that. The system works tell me nothing, a bicycle can get me all across china, but a plane is going to be more optimal, so that it works actually tells me nothing about how much it has been improved and how much it can be improved.

On 2019-07-04 at 6:11 PM, Oreades said:

The person who brought the Trinity bough a frame that can be very useful in the game mode in question, full stop. So if all the OP is bringing to the table is "They brought a Trinity and she's a bad choice cause she isn't 9000% AOE DPS" I don't want to hear it cause all I'm hearing is "I don't know how to properly identify a leech". They also left out the players MR when complaining about a rank 0 weapon which is another important consideration as to said players potential DPS effectiveness. 

Being an MR25 and diligently ignoring the MR26 test because it looks like absolute butts..... most of my Rank 0 weapons (with a potato) come out of the gate at 85-90% of their final build at Rank0. 

The OP might be right that maybe that player was indeed just leeching but they brought nothing evidentiary to the table to prove it, they just cried "Leeeeeech" and frankly posts like this are the reason we don't have a report button in game for leeching. because people in general aren't sufficiently competent to accurately identify a player who is leeching vs a player who is in point of fact being useful in a manor that isn't braindead DPS. 

Oh really, pub is over there? So every time anyone gets an incompetent squad on any game mode, the real solution is "just go into recruit chat", even if the gamemode being flawed is what actually makes you get stupidly useless squads in the first place.

Yeah sure, because its there is so much important usefulness to bring to the table, when the DPS already can survive by itself, make all the dps by itself, and do it with the energy it can provide itself(wich by the way, its easy to be at maximum energy at all times with a saryn solo). Also if you don't want to hear it, you might aswell just not read after the point you didn't wanna read it, easier than posting saying you didn't wanted to read.

The gamemode in question makes it so, yeah you're pretty useless to your team when it comes to weapon xp if you pick a non-DPS frame, wich is the only reward the gamemode is used for that doesn't depend on how someone performs, but actually on the team, if the team has no DPS whatsoever aside from you, the team was effectively completely useless to you reward-wise.

You can label DPS as braindead, or however you like, doesn't change the fact that if you're not doing any DPS in a public squad, you're being as useless as a teammate gets. Also weapon DPS comes nowhere near close to what a wide area Warframe DPS can output, so don't act like it really comes into the picture.

Also you asked for evidentiary evidence, which of my claims actually needs evidence?

Also you brought up the button, not me, is almost like youre being defensive to things I didn't ever really say.