Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am i the only one who doesn't like leechers?

Kaizal

10 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I am not an expert but the few times i had 3 unranked weapons with a saryn a volt or equinox or whatever in the squad, after 8 rounds i i had almost all weapons at level 30.

Though true, a single Saryn played well can do that for you on her own. Sometimes additional DPS, is like tripping over each other's feet. I have seen efficiency levels drop because there are too many DPS being counterproductive. If I would work with another DPS it would be Equinox as she slow burns kills nicely alongside Saryn. Thus both can level weapons together as an option. Volt kills too fast, causing spawn delays, hence does not come out with a kill count like Saryn can on her own.

1 hour ago, Kaizal said:

Your definition of leeching seems to be more in the lines of(I could be wrong, correct me by providing a definition if you care to): "No attempt whatsoever to be useful in a mission, minimizing effort and relying on the teammates to do everything for them"

If that's your definition you are talking about the worse kind of scum in the game the way I see it, and you most definitely should be able to kick them, I don't think you should be able to kick leachers by my definition, since of course their uselessness could be due to ignorance and not negligence.

That's the same reasoning I apply to kickbot giving a freaking warning before kicking people, its very hard to prove negligence, AFKing is very solid grounds for it tho, a useless pick not so much, but I think a change of attitude from player would be nice.

If I were to suggest an actual change to DE for this, is to make it so they matchmake people who have a history of doing 0 dmg together, and people who have a history of doing more dmg together(for ESO), that way if you want to leech, you have to let others leech off you aswell, but no, I agree with you on this one, this is not worthy of a kick or a suspension of any kind.

Leeching is a definition that I reserve for people who aren't doing anything. 

All I ever ask is that people at least appear to be trying, I don't care about their scores or their contribution (end of mission readout) as long as they are 

About the only instances that really set me off these days are instances where the person is blatantly doing nothing and or doing nothing while blatantly dodging the inactivity timer. For specific example the one leech (of two) that I have ever actually reported was was literally sitting at the cetus gate doing little circles the whole time the three of us where actively attempting the bounties. 

If there was any way I could figure that they could automate a system to lump true leechers into their own little sandbox I'd be 1000% for it. Problem is that there is no good way to quantify a leech without having someone review the instance much in the same way that DE has only implemented a movement based inactivity system. While they could implement a much more complex and possibly comprehensive system there would simply be too many false positives. 

Especially with just looking at damage numbers considering the number of frames that can completely shut you down through no fault of your own. Alternatively in mission like Spy where I take pride in getting zeros across the board.mostly because I don't have to kill anything to complete the mission and that in itself is a slight challenge 

3 hours ago, Kaizal said:

Interesting position, I have no idea how much your playtime is so i'm not gonna guess, but at some point in the game you can do all that by yourself, effectively rendering the trinity useless. That's why I dislike her and non-DPS being used in ESO, because the only contribution they can make to me(weapon XP), they do not. Anyways, i'm not gonna say that the lvl of leeching between a Trinity and an Inaros is completely null, attitude-wise, but reward wise to me, it most definitely makes 0 difference.

I'm not even sure myself about my play time, it's spread out over 3 platforms, I no longer have access to my PC account and I've spent some time playing for others.

Personally I'd rather have a variety in frame type. Not to mention I find that too many AoE/Nuke frames together sometimes end up tripping over each others feet or they may not be able to contribute much thanks to a more dominant player. In which case a support frame would bring more to the table for me than just being there to soak up bullets.

If a person is actually shooting and trying their best it's not leeching, taking lvl 0 weapons to ESO is normal because it's the best way to level them up. If you have such a huge problem with that then get a group in recruit chat. I have no problem carrying people in ESO so stop being such a crybaby, it's not that hard

2 hours ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

I find that too many AoE/Nuke frames together sometimes end up tripping over each others feet or they may not be able to contribute much thanks to a more dominant player.

Agree 100%! I think you mean ability spammers. lol It's hard to keep Saryn's spores on if there are other DPS getting ride of each others spores. Had a mission with 4 Saryns in defense mission. All we were doing was spamming 4 lol the spores count even stay on. I think highest mine got was 1sec 100 on the counter ahahah I call this kind of gameplay... idk. Now when i see another Saryn in the group I dont even use any ability except her 3 and 2. lol Ill even tell them to use their abilities so it can build up and nuke the rounds quicker.

On 2019-07-05 at 12:51 AM, Lutesque said:

Heres something I noticed....

There is literally no place in the game to level up weapons Quickly all by yourself or In a group of other players doing the same thing... literally the best way to level up your weapons is to leech. you need to get kills with your Weapons if you want to level them up but if you grind MR Fodder then you are essentially #*!%ed if you don't leech....

Now if stealth was alot more viable then you could Level up your weapons by performing Stealth Finishers and then Hacking a spy vault undetected (not sure if this works) but the fact that 10 enemies Spawn in a cramped hallway essentially screwing over non insisible Warframes has pretty much killed this method of levelling....

Like it or not.... this specific type of Leeching that you are complaining about is by Design...

And honestly. It doesn't bother me.... 

What does bother me is if people leave on Zone 1-3.... I mean if you're going to leech at least make Commitment to Zone 8.... who know.... you might get that Lato Vandal drop like me and one guy did after two other players left making us suffer 2 Host migrations (and taking their Corrosive Projections with them)... meh.... Their loss.... they're short sited selfishness cost them a rare drop.....

BTW I still need Khora's blue print...

Completely suppurt what you are saying! Please don´t leave at zone 1-3..at least make effort for Zone 6-8 (, Like Deadpool,  MAXIMUM EFFORT!!! 🙂 )
But realy RNG Gesus, i have made many Blood sacrifices, and today i will pray to you AGAIN! Please GODS of RNG , Look at us, and favour us whith Khora Neuroptics!!!
An acolyte

10 hours ago, Learicorn said:

If a person is actually shooting and trying their best it's not leeching, taking lvl 0 weapons to ESO is normal because it's the best way to level them up. If you have such a huge problem with that then get a group in recruit chat. I have no problem carrying people in ESO so stop being such a crybaby, it's not that hard

Bringing rank zero weapons after 6 forma is different than have an unmodded banshee with an unmodded braton. The problem is not leeching but you can't stay there and resurrect people every second.

Edited by bibmobello

On 2019-07-07 at 9:38 PM, Learicorn said:

No one ever suggested difficulty. Again another person that doesn't understand that no one has to use the same definitions they do.

On 2019-07-07 at 11:25 PM, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Community: "Games too easy, why have teammates?"

-brief intermission-

Community: "Teammates are leeching, why don't they participate??"

You're making up a contradiction where there isn't one.

On 2019-07-07 at 7:56 PM, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

I'm not even sure myself about my play time, it's spread out over 3 platforms, I no longer have access to my PC account and I've spent some time playing for others.

Personally I'd rather have a variety in frame type. Not to mention I find that too many AoE/Nuke frames together sometimes end up tripping over each others feet or they may not be able to contribute much thanks to a more dominant player. In which case a support frame would bring more to the table for me than just being there to soak up bullets.

Damage wise, of course they will trip at each others feet, by definition you will have more than one person fulfilling the same role. That's true, but nevertheless, I fail to see how that is relevant. You're getting to wave 8 anyways, so those rewards are guaranteed regardless, the other 2 things are focus and weapon xp, Focus you can get no matter which role you are fulfilling, tho is much better to be DPS for that, that means, you can take care of that by yourself, easily aswell, sure, another DPS might be somewhat detrimental to focus gains, but it will be in no way fatal.

But you also have to consider the other side of the coin, if you have no other DPS but yourself, youll get around 0 weapon XP, and that, the way I see it, is way more detrimental, than lowering focus gains a bit.

Also if focus is what you care about, equinox will in no way, shape or form, get outdamaged, if you being somewhat active, so picking him will grant you a good amount of focus, something you can do.

On 2019-07-07 at 7:10 PM, Oreades said:

Leeching is a definition that I reserve for people who aren't doing anything. 

All I ever ask is that people at least appear to be trying, I don't care about their scores or their contribution (end of mission readout) as long as they are 

About the only instances that really set me off these days are instances where the person is blatantly doing nothing and or doing nothing while blatantly dodging the inactivity timer. For specific example the one leech (of two) that I have ever actually reported was was literally sitting at the cetus gate doing little circles the whole time the three of us where actively attempting the bounties. 

If there was any way I could figure that they could automate a system to lump true leechers into their own little sandbox I'd be 1000% for it. Problem is that there is no good way to quantify a leech without having someone review the instance much in the same way that DE has only implemented a movement based inactivity system. While they could implement a much more complex and possibly comprehensive system there would simply be too many false positives. 

Especially with just looking at damage numbers considering the number of frames that can completely shut you down through no fault of your own. Alternatively in mission like Spy where I take pride in getting zeros across the board.mostly because I don't have to kill anything to complete the mission and that in itself is a slight challenge 

Of course there are missions where dmg doesn't matter at all, but on ESO, its at its core, if you go into public and do 0-3%(simply an example) of the dmg, youre really doing nothing for the team, because if that's all your dmg capability, you're going in under the assumption that someone will carry you(hypothetical you, not actual you). I'd say that in that case, its pretty clear evidence of a leech.

1 minute ago, ELMINSTER said:

The game is easy enought as u can solo every content, also if folks afk they lose the rewards and xp so...no biggie

Actually no, the less dmg they do, the more weapon xp they get. Them not doing any dmg, if youre there to lvl weapons, is only and exclusively your loss.

On 2019-07-07 at 7:10 PM, Oreades said:

Well, good for you having a better temper than I do, it seems obvious that is easier for me to get pissed off. Again the one you are commenting, is leeching at its maximum, I think DE has to start implementing measures that slowly raise the bar on what does a person actually need to do to get the rewards, it seems that you wanna get that bar lower than I do, and that's fine by me, I disagree and that's ok.

1 hour ago, Kaizal said:

Damage wise, of course they will trip at each others feet, by definition you will have more than one person fulfilling the same role. That's true, but nevertheless, I fail to see how that is relevant. You're getting to wave 8 anyways, so those rewards are guaranteed regardless, the other 2 things are focus and weapon xp, Focus you can get no matter which role you are fulfilling, tho is much better to be DPS for that, that means, you can take care of that by yourself, easily aswell, sure, another DPS might be somewhat detrimental to focus gains, but it will be in no way fatal.

It's about preference. You like just having DPS I like having a mixture not just multiple DPS. Both ways can get the job done.

1 hour ago, Kaizal said:

But you also have to consider the other side of the coin, if you have no other DPS but yourself, youll get around 0 weapon XP, and that, the way I see it, is way more detrimental, than lowering focus gains a bit.

Also if focus is what you care about, equinox will in no way, shape or form, get outdamaged, if you being somewhat active, so picking him will grant you a good amount of focus, something you can do.

I have been considering "the other side of the coin". The thing is when it comes down to it I'm not doing ESO or even SO for the weapon XP or focus (I have other means for that). For me it's more about fun not to mention some of the rewards for complaining waves are handy along with standing. 

Edited by (PS4)deathwolfclaw666
Edit

From what I see is that DE supports leeching and afk players.  Look how hard it is to report them.  You have to go to the website and give them a ton of information.  Instead they should have the ability ingame which will then cause a watcher to see if that person is actually a leecher.  IF they are a leecher then no more affinity gain for X time (and doubles every time) and removal of all things they were trying to level.  THey allow this to happen which will make this community be as toxic as LoL since if there is no punishment then guess what.... MORE PEOPLE WILL DO IT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Opetyr said:

From what I see is that DE supports leeching and afk players.  Look how hard it is to report them.  You have to go to the website and give them a ton of information.  Instead they should have the ability ingame which will then cause a watcher to see if that person is actually a leecher.  IF they are a leecher then no more affinity gain for X time (and doubles every time) and removal of all things they were trying to level.  THey allow this to happen which will make this community be as toxic as LoL since if there is no punishment then guess what.... MORE PEOPLE WILL DO IT.

I don't see them adding watchers since they would likely have to hire people for it costing them money when they already have a system in place that's better than some of the AAA titles. 

With the current system we can't just get into an argument about me hogging kills then I report you for afk out of spite. I would need info about the match and a clip meaning I can't easily submit a false report.  

28 minutes ago, Opetyr said:

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Opetyr said:

You will  have your account banned if you insist to report leechers. How can someone make a difference between a casual player having no idea what to do and someone being "too smart"?