Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am i the only one who doesn't like leechers?

Kaizal

I just solo'd myself through a boss mission to the door of the boss, before getting up and going to the restroom for the oncoming fight, and when i got back, i was on the mission successful screen, with two people, one of them complaining about me being a leecher, and how they should start suspending people for it.

The problem is, if they start promoting the penalizing of things like this, or even try to introduce a system for it, there are too many people out there who will leap on their own distaste of a surface "fact" that isn't actually what's going on, and not only will overzealous people be reporting players constantly who aren't actually committing any crimes, but it actively persuades people to "spread the know", even when that "know" is a false accusation.

I can understand that in some situations it can be fairly obvious, but when all is going down, and there's combat everywhere, a player randomly spotting another person standing there for 15 seconds doing nothing in the heat of combat doesn't mean they havn't been doing anything and should be penalized for dropping their controller, or needing to answer the door real quick, or god forbid, you joined their game that they've been soloing right as they got up to go to the restroom.

Spoiler

6158d92c79.jpg

Edited by Tsaiuki

16 minutes ago, Tsaiuki said:

I just solo'd myself through a boss mission to the door of the boss, before getting up and going to the restroom for the oncoming fight, and when i got back, i was on the mission successful screen, with two people, one of them complaining about me being a leecher, and how they should start suspending people for it.

The problem is, if they start promoting the penalizing of things like this, or even try to introduce a system for it, there are too many people out there who will leap on their own distaste of a surface "fact" that isn't actually what's going on, and not only will overzealous people be reporting players constantly who aren't actually committing any crimes, but it actively persuades people to "spread the know", even when that "know" is a false accusation.

I can understand that in some situations it can be fairly obvious, but when all is going down, and there's combat everywhere, a player randomly spotting another person standing there for 15 seconds doing nothing in the heat of combat doesn't mean they havn't been doing anything and should be penalized for dropping their controller, or needing to answer the door real quick, or god forbid, you joined their game that they've been soloing right as they got up to go to the restroom.

Reveal hidden contents

6158d92c79.jpg

I had one occasion where I had been doing Archwing missions but decided to take a break. About 20 minutes later I come back to find myself in the Archwing mission with a count down for extraction. 

Thankfully I was able to save a clip (15 minutes long) that shows me near the ramp section of my ship with my menu open as a random joins, selects the mission and then begins the countdown just after 2 minutes in. The rest of it is me afk for about 10 minutes until I come back, quit the mission and then spend some time in a confused state.