The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Pursue Umbra, Mimics impossible to kill all.

SPEKTRE76

Question

I unlocked the Umbra quest and got all the way to the end. I kept failing the mission after two red mimics. Then I got a little further tonight. I made it passed four of them. Then only to be greeted by 5 more white ones. They say LvL 36 above their heads. Yet the seem like LvL 110's. The level also has virtually no ammo to scavenge. I expend it all just trying to kill the red ones that say LvL 32 on their heads yet are way, way more powerful. You are also forced to fight them.

Why give me a Codex mission the Dev;s know I cannot pass? How do I beat them. I used my Limbo frame this time because I can just Void out and recover and then return to the fight. But he has very little shield and armor for being Maxed out. Frost is my main but even he can't do it. Abilities don't do squat. There are NO blue orb drops, no ammo drops. My Baza have been foma's 5 times and has been lensed. I tried my Latron Prime since it had way higher damage stats overall. Yet it seemed way less effective than my Baza? Thye seem to adapt really fast and they never reset. Even tried my Ocucor which is also maxed out and lensed.

So, really how the heck to I beat this mission? This seems like it should one of the last ones not a mid-game mission.

Please help me, and please don't be douchey and say idiotic stuff like "Get good" or "Get better weapons" or "Why are you even.....".

I really want that frame!

Edited by SPEKTRE76

19 answers to this question

Mimics, just like all sentients, grow resistant to damage types as you hit them, use your operator's void beam to reset that resistance so they take full damage again. If you have an amp you can just use operator to kill them safe and easy.

Edited by TheRealShade

16 minutes ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

Thye seem to adapt really fast and they never reset.

Using your Operator's Void attacks should reset their damage resistances.

18 minutes ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

My Baza have been foma's 5 times and has been lensed... Even tried my Ocucor which is also maxed out and lensed.

I'm not sure why you're mentioning Lenses, but they don't do anything for the weapon's effectiveness.

When fighting massed enemies, a good melee weapon is useful (combo counter is your friend).

It's been so long since I did that quest I don't remember any specifics of that mission, so can't be more helpful than this, but good luck.

• Like 2

As people above me have said, sentients gain a 95% damage resistance to the damage type they've taken the mode of every 25% of health they lose. The only way to reset it is by jumping into your operator to slap the resistances off of them. I'd also recommend weapons that shoot slower, but pack alotta punch per shot! Something like the Hek - even unfully built - can take out most of their health in a single shot since the damage adaptation only triggers -after- the damage is dealt, meaning more damage per hit = more damage before they adapt.

EDIT: My bad, it's not every 25%. It's 25% health lost, 50% health lost, then 65% and 80%

Edited by The_Tiddler
  • Like 1

As the posters above said, this is a mission where you will have to make use of your operator. You can either use void blast to reset their resistance and kill them with your weapons or just pew pew them with your amp (your kiddo's laser thingy).
Try using Limbo, immediately roll to rift (so they can't hurt you when your kiddo gets shot and sent back to the warframe) and try to lure them one by one coz your kiddo is still too squishy to fight multiple enemies at the same time. I remember running around a lot, hiding and taking cover, jumping back to Limbo when my operator needs to recharge energy. Crouching also cloaks you so take advantage of that.

Alright, you can do this two different ways, 1. get a weapon with insanely high DPS and put as many procs as you can on it and hope it works, or, you can do the painfully slow method I did, I baited 1 or 2 at a time into a room that was safe, then killed them, then repeated. It took nearly 45 minutes but I only had to revive myself once. Also, Braton Prime is absolute garbage unless you have a god riven for it. Umbra is one of my mains, the other being Ash Prime. He's the only "Umbra" frame, and he's the only frame to not just have a normal quest, but an entire cinematic quest for him, when you complete this, go into your living quarters again for a surprise.

Edited by DontRunWScissors
Added more. That's all ima say

You need to change your damage types as they build resistance to any form of damage they received the most. The Lotus highlights this frequently, perhaps you missed the notifications.

One way you can do this is to have different weapons each with a different set of damage types since they can only adapt to one at a time. 

For instance you can have corrosive with heat on your primary then radiation with cold on your sec. And the physical damage components count too. So just shoot with your primary until your hits become ineffective then switch to your secondary.

Being a lazy fellow, i used an opticor vandal with radiation and cold for that quest, giving a total of 6 damage types, and just killed them without switching weapons. It was somewhat modded though with 5 forma (no riven at the time) so I'm not sure if you'll get the same results. But any weapon with innate combination damage works for this, for instance plague kripath (innate viral with a good spread of physical) so you will be able to tolerate the sentient building up resistance to 4 of your damage types yet still deal decent damage to it.

9 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

My Baza have been foma's 5 times and has been lensed. I tried my Latron Prime since it had way higher damage stats overall. Yet it seemed way less effective than my Baza?

Full Auto VS Semi Auto.... 

The stats will show you exactly how much damage a single bullet does.... hence why Latron has better stats but in practice the Baza can fire 10 Times as many Bullets than the Latron can...

In either case.... as much as I like both thesw weapons ... I think The Hek with Scattered Justice  works nicely here.... well....mostly nicely....

I don't know what the MR Lock on The Astilla is but you can use that too if you can solve the issue if runnibg out of ammo....

Thye seem to adapt really fast and they never reset. Even tried my Ocucor which is also maxed out and lensed.

In any case once the sentients adapt to your Damage hitting them with Void Damage will cause them to reset.... With a good amp you can just outright kill them with just Spoiler Mode alone....

There are NO blue orb drops, no ammo drops.

Apparently if you claim Orbs don't drop in Warframe your oppinions are invalid....just felt like you should know this....

Please help me, and please don't be douchey and say idiotic stuff like "Get good" or "Get better weapons" or "Why are you even.....".

It can't helped.... People troll this specific subforum just to be douchey....

Il y a 9 heures, SPEKTRE76 a dit :

1) bring guns with different elemental damage and use one first, then swap to the other when the sentient resists it

2) use your operator LMB attack or void blast to reset the resistance and start again

3) build some restores and ammo pads and use them

4) if you have a self buffing frame like chroma or rhino use it. 

5) use weapons focused on crit, not on status, since sentients are immune to status effects

6) if you have either or both, use a kavat with the mod for armour strip and a melee weapon with shattering impact equipped to at least get their armour down. 

7) bring guns with high damage per shot so you can reduce your ammo problems 

Thise are generic advices, any more and we'd delve into specific equipment pieces etc. Good luck 🙂

Edited by Autongnosis

8 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

5) use weapons focused on crit, not on status, since sentients are immune to status effects

While this is true. It turns out you can Freeze them with Frost..... just get right up in their face and cast Snow Globe..... which freezes them stone called for a moment. 

I did this to make it easier to shoot them....

7 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

You don't read very well do you? Tried the Brat Prime, didn't work. Thanks for the useless post though.

He's not entirely wrong... This really kinda boils down to "git gud" although i would phrase it differently.
Basically, you should learn about the enemy, and the weapons... Braton Prime is an ok weapon, not really great... And not at all good for these enemies.
I personally finished that with Tigris Prime and Rhino... 1-shot tigris prime and the mimics died.

Of course you might not have the weapons to one-shoot the guys, but you can mitigate that by trying to learn about the enemy... All sentients (and shadow stalker) gain a damage mitigation when hit by each damage type (kind of like the Adaptation mod), so the more of the same damage type you hit them with, the less damage that weapon will do to them (which is why rapid fire weapons, like the braton will be bad against them).

Now you have three alternatives to deal:

1. Bring a weapon that can one-shot them.
  2. Bring 3 weapons with different damage types, and alternate your attacks (so when they get resistance to your primary, switch to secondary, and then to melee).
  3. Use your Operator. Void damage (the kind done by your operator) will reset the resistances on the sentients.

Later, after that quest you'll have a third, since Umbra, his weapons and another thing you'll get on a later quest, all do the same reset (and extra damage on sentients) without needing to go into operator.

Also, about your complaint that DE is putting you vs enemies you can't kill... Well by this point you're expected to have fought Sentients in the Second Dream and The War Within, so you should know how to deal with them.

Edited by ReaverKane

8 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Also, about your complaint that DE is putting you vs enemies you can't kill... Well by this point you're expected to have fought Sentients in the Second Dream and The War Within, so you should know how to deal with them.

I think you only have to kill one in The 2nd Dream... and then just run away from The rest..... not sure though.... I know in Octavia's Anthem you have to kill hordes of them.

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I think you only have to kill one in The 2nd Dream... and then just run away from The rest..... not sure though.... I know in Octavia's Anthem you have to kill hordes of them. 

There's quite a few in your way during the escape part...

il y a 27 minutes, Lutesque a dit :

While this is true. It turns out you can Freeze them with Frost..... just get right up in their face and cast Snow Globe..... which freezes them stone called for a moment. 

I did this to make it easier to shoot them....

They are vulnerable to abilities, like frost's freeze, but they ignore the status proc part, like say icewave's forced cold proc. You can slow them with nova/suspend them with rhino etc...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The ones in Octavia's Anthem are stupidly nerfed, either that or it's because I finished that quest after The Sacrifice

2 hours ago, DontRunWScissors said:

The ones in Octavia's Anthem are stupidly nerfed, either that or it's because I finished that quest after The Sacrifice

The ones in the Data Scape are.... but all the ones before that were standard sentient nuissances....

17 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

I used to destroy them with Valkyr talons way before I learned about their resistance. She just has so much damage that I didn't notice they build up resistance against my damage. 

Thanks for the tips guys! That Void Blast was the key. I took on a lot more sentients. 

20190705173147-1.jpg

And I already customized it in brow leather and copper like my Frost Frame.

20190705171744-1.jpg

Edited by SPEKTRE76