Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have Nightwave

Althaline

5 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

You go ahead and point out any other nightwave threads that aren’t about technical issues.

1) This is General Discussion. 
2) This thread already exists for posts such as this; 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

If you just want to be a moody troll why even respond to people?

3) Boredom mostly. If you couldn't tell nuance by my reply to OP, I was mostly joking around and taking the mickey out on him. Like I said in (1) GD is not for feedback, and here I thought General Discussion meant anything can go as long as it's not excessively rude to the point of hostility and breaking the rules of the forum.

On 2019-07-05 at 1:03 AM, Iamabearlulz said:

I just logged in and looked at this weeks Nightwave challenges. They were in this beautiful "uncompleted" state, and I don't need to worry about it because I'm already done. It was such a nice feeling, not having to worry about finishing the challenges, that I just felt like I should share it with you all.

I'd have liked nightwave more if there was a bit of a per-task reward. Make it feel like I'm getting something for those 1k dailies. Nothing much maybe a few nightwave creds or a bit of Endo/kuva. I think that'd be a better way of giving out credits than simply at tiers. Would definitely feel more organic than it is.

It would not be nice if the nightwave suddenly just ends. Currently this is a source of some items, cosmetics and mods alike also nitain is now semi exclusively obtainable there with a little extra work. These challenges are okay and a bit better what was in the start and these to do missions is basically your daily routines. Not everything will be your favorite or not everything you are doing actually in your daily routine but these things are side goals what can keep you interested to play the game.

May you will just give a second try to an old map part what you already done and does not checked in decades but then it is optional to do your side quests.

The alert system was not perfect and it was really time dependent from your part what missions you could / able to do. Time zones exists and some alerts will appear when you are sleep and in this series you have a whole week to do the challenges and earn standing which is better option because you can choose from a fix reward pool.

I personally would be angry if they remove it because I am playing ocassionally and once a week I log in at least and doing some challenges. 

Edited by LinXiaoWong
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

You go ahead and point out any other nightwave threads that aren’t about technical issues.

If you just want to be a moody troll why even respond to people?

...This is a joke, right?

Because you simply cannot be serious saying that there were negligible amounts of threads making non-technical and oft-repeated complaints about Nightwave full of incorrect information and baseless claims on its inferiority. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nope because I'm not contradicting myself. Your third contradicts your first, without any need for projecting. 

Think about it for a while. 

No it doesn't. I would know, because I typed them. You're not me, yet you think you know me based on yourself. You're projecting

So there is a new wave of their ugly wave and it is as awful as before - the worst part is to see how they are lying and they don't care about ruining the game for some players - like "look we did listen to you!" - naming 1 feature they added/changed, then they quietly rise the number of syndicate missions you have to do per a week, while you would like to do something totally else... They locked the best rewards behind it to make sure you will feel awful it. Thank you DE, you are so great...

Edited by Morndawn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So look at what you typed instead of what you think in your head. Pretty simple concept here. 

I know exactly what I typed. What happened was, I typed the expression "why climb a mountain? Because it's there" and you equated that with the other expression "making a mountain out of a molehill"

15 minutes ago, Morndawn said:

So there is a new wave of their ugly wave and it is as awful as before - the worst part is to see how they are lying and they don't care about ruining the game for some players - like "look we did listen to you!" - naming 1 feature they added/changed, then they quietly rise the number of syndicate missions you have to do per a week, while you would like to do something totally else... They locked the best rewards behind it to make sure you will feel awful it. Thank you DE, you are so great...

Ummm... You Always had to do 10 missions...

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

No it doesn't. I would know, because I typed them. You're not me, yet you think you know me based on yourself. You're projecting

Observe the following:

50 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I know exactly what I typed. What happened was, I typed the expression "why climb a mountain? Because it's there" and you equated that with the other expression "making a mountain out of a molehill"

☝️ 👇

On 2019-07-05 at 7:15 PM, TARINunit9 said:

I think you misunderstand, it's not like I'm burnt out on Warframe or anything. But if I've got a page full of unclimbed mountains uncompleted Nightwave challenges...

This is is why I told you to look at what you actually wrote instead of looking at what was only in your head. 

Also pay attention to the use of the word "but" which, when used the way you wrote it, is a word that is used to contradict the preceding statement. 

Either way, the challenges are not mountains, they're molehills. Many of us can complete multiple challenges simultaneously with minimal effort, and only minor deviation from our usual activities. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Either way, the challenges are not mountains, they're molehills. Many of us can complete multiple challenges simultaneously with minimal effort, and only minor deviation from our usual activities. 

And THIS is why I accuse you of projecting. You are so bent out of shape over people who whine about how HARD Nightwave is how GRINDY it is how LONG it takes, that even though I explicitly deny belonging to that group you go off on me like I'm still a member of them, deliberately twisting my adage out of my intended meaning into your intended meaning

Stop putting words in my mouth then accusing me of being an idiot when I tell you to stop putting words in my mouth. Leave me alone

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

You didnt read the OP did you?

Yes I did, guy is thankful that he doesn't have to do any more challenges.

And again if people don't want to do them then don't do them. There is no point in forcing yourself to do something you don't like.

Also there is no point to this thread.

Ty

No it wouldn't, that's called contend drought and is dull as S#&$.

Nothing in nightwave is essential (except Niatain, I bet Wukong Prime needs a lot of it). and you can probably go your merry way ignoring nightwave without missing anything significant.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Admiral_Aetius said:

Yes I did, guy is thankful that he doesn't have to do any more challenges.

And again if people don't want to do them then don't do them. There is no point in forcing yourself to do something you don't like.

Also there is no point to this thread.

Ty

Yeah... no, you are throwing this out of proportion. He completed everything, which means he doesnt need to do anything else.

You are going as if he is complaining that he has to do it, which he didnt say. Just that "Hey I completed everything, feels nice. Should I still have challenges if I wont gain anything by doing them?"

You are seeing smoke and screaming forest fire, while it was just a campfire with someone cooking a turtle soup.

7 hours ago, Morndawn said:

You know that you have a week to complete the weekly challenges, right?

Also, i don't understand why the requirement of doing syndicate missions for the challenge is a bad thing.

8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

And THIS is why I accuse you of projecting. You are so bent out of shape over people who whine about how HARD Nightwave is how GRINDY it is how LONG it takes, that even though I explicitly deny belonging to that group you go off on me like I'm still a member of them, deliberately twisting my adage out of my intended meaning into your intended meaning

Stop putting words in my mouth then accusing me of being an idiot when I tell you to stop putting words in my mouth. Leave me alone

You're still dealing with what you think was written instead of what you or I actually wrote. Could also be why you think that calling them mountains to be conquered makes sense, when they are mostly trivial.

Try coming back to reality at some point, and reading what was written instead of projecting meanings for what you think everyone wrote, including yourself. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You're still dealing with what you think was written instead of what you or I actually wrote. Could also be why you think that calling them mountains to be conquered makes sense, when they are mostly trivial.

Try coming back to reality at some point, and reading what was written instead of projecting meanings for what you think everyone wrote, including yourself. 

You know what, it's clear you're one of those pots who is not going to stop calling the kettle black any time soon (of course it makes sense, they are literally called, in-game, "Nightwave CHALLENGES"). I am shouting at a wall who thinks he's better than me at this point

Have a nice friggin' day. Last word in this debate is yours if you want it

Edited by TARINunit9