Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companions Are Too Slow.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

I’ve been ignoring it for a while now but the companions are way too slow. Cause whenever I am moving quickly through the map I notice that my companion just stops moving until I stand still for like 5-10 seconds, then teleports. I don’t usually run with companions so it is not something I notice until they are down and I’m like 300-500 meters away. And sometimes my companion doesn’t move while I’m being knocked around. I have to be completely still. I’ve tested it so I know.

What finally made me make a post about it is during a Kuva Flood the kuva appeared about 900 meters away from the start of the mission. So best believe we were in a hurry. However I wasn’t speeding through like I usually do cause with a Nidus I was trying to stack my mutation on the way while my squad headed straight there. But even with me slowing down(a lot for me) or even stopping to stomp enemies, my Kavat was taking her precious time catching up and eventually she went down while I was 300 meters ahead. I’m sure y’all can understand why that may be a big deal. 

So I had to run all the way back to pick her up and basically walk to the kuva or rush when the ghost is clear and stop for 5-10 second for her to teleport to me. Some of us don’t have time to deal with stuff like that.

So it would be nice if companions actually ran more and quicker. If anything they should be a lot faster than the warframes. Basically they maintain like a safe 20 meter distance from the operator. No further. So if the warframe gets too far then they stop what they’re doing and run to catch up to the warframe. Before targeting somebody within 20 meters. Or maybe add a “keep up” or “attack” option when you look at them, similar to telling syndicate operators to “follow” or “hold position”. 

But something has got to change. Especially with missions requiring faster mobility or parkour appearing more often.

• Like 1

Our movements are non-predictable by the game and even the navigation does not update until we touch ground for a few seconds, are you honestly surprised?

This is why DE is testing companion AI improvements with Wukong's new Celestial Twin, to see how strict they need to be in the catch-up functions or the roaming functions, how aggressive AI can be or needs to be and so on.

DE are already trying to make these improvements, and forgive the sarcasm, but thanks for noticing...

• Like 1