Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Bug Report] Unable to See Crafting Materials of BP in Foundry After an Update

Edit: The issue seems to be gone after I've posted the thread. 

Edit 2: I've been getting this bug on and off without being able to reproduce the exact conditions when it happens or gone. One thing for sure is that I can see the app register my input/tapping every time. 

The latest update seems to have removed the ability to view the crafting materials required by a blueprint in the foundry. Nothing happens when I tap on the name of the blueprint. 

Platform: Android 

Phone: Samsung S8

App Version: 4.2.12.3

Updated on: Jul 2 2019

Edited by (NSW)Lunavay
New info

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So I've heard of this issue but have yet to reproduce it myself. Apparently restarting or re-installing the app fixes it.

Last week's update (4.3.13.3) included a potential fix but I'm not super confident it will fix the issue.

Can you give me more details about your phone such as the model number and OS version?

Also, when you click on a list item in the foundry, do you notice a button pressed effect? If you don't, then that means touches are being completely ignored. If you do, then that means the code itself is accepting touches but ignoring them for some reason.

Thanks for your help and I apologize for the inconvenience!
-Sean

• Like 1

18 hours ago, [DE]Sean said:

Last week's update (4.3.13.3) included a potential fix but I'm not super confident it will fix the issue.

Can you give me more details about your phone such as the model number and OS version?

Also, when you click on a list item in the foundry, do you notice a button pressed effect? If you don't, then that means touches are being completely ignored. If you do, then that means the code itself is accepting touches but ignoring them for some reason.

I've got the same problem on a Motorola Moto G5 Plus under Android 8.1.0 with the latest version of the Warframe app. Restarting the app fixes the problem for a short time.

When the app is in the broken state it will visually acknowledge that I've tapped the foundry item but nothing happens otherwise.

On 2019-07-16 at 6:58 AM, (PS4)trontor said:

I've got the same problem on a Motorola Moto G5 Plus under Android 8.1.0 with the latest version of the Warframe app. Restarting the app fixes the problem for a short time.

When the app is in the broken state it will visually acknowledge that I've tapped the foundry item but nothing happens otherwise.

Does the problem get fixed if you reload the Foundry page? (Open the menu > click Foundry > Foundry should reload)

Also, are there any specific steps that you are doing that causes it to stop working? Like does it break after building 1 item, or claiming 1 item? Any certain number of clicks?

21 minutes ago, [DE]Sean said:

Does the problem get fixed if you reload the Foundry page? (Open the menu > click Foundry > Foundry should reload)

Also, are there any specific steps that you are doing that causes it to stop working? Like does it break after building 1 item, or claiming 1 item? Any certain number of clicks?

Reloading the Foundry does not fix the problem, only force quitting and restarting the app does.

I've not been able to establish a pattern of what stops it working. I've just tried building and claiming an item which didn't break it. I've also tried logging out and logging in again which didn't break it.

16 hours ago, (PS4)trontor said:

Reloading the Foundry does not fix the problem, only force quitting and restarting the app does.

I've not been able to establish a pattern of what stops it working. I've just tried building and claiming an item which didn't break it. I've also tried logging out and logging in again which didn't break it.

So far the app is still working after yesterday's restart.

Things which don't seem to be causing the problem:

• changing network connection (3G -> WiFi)
  • invalidating the app's login session by playing the game
  • examining and claiming Foundry items whose build was started with the game 
  • the daily reset

3 hours ago, (PS4)trontor said:

So far the app is still working after yesterday's restart.

And now it has stopped working again for no obvious reason. Logging out and in again doesn't fix it.

To me it seems that the problem simply occurs if the app has been running for a while (over 12 hours).

Edited by (PS4)trontor
Typo

I'm honestly not sure what's causing this issue. I still have yet to reproduce it on any of my devices. I'll try keeping the app running for a long time as suggested.

The next update will include a bump to the SDK version so maybe that will fix the issue 🤞

A theory:

I think this issue may only happen if you pause the app with the foundry listview open AND you have items in progress. This bug may be related to the timer that updates the progress bar on the list items. I have a feeling the issue will not occur if you do not have items in progress.

2 hours ago, [DE]Sean said:

Another important detail I need:

When the app is in this broken state, do the "CLAIM" or "BUILD" or "RUSH" buttons in the listview still work?
Also do you notice any loading spinners active?

Claim & Build work, I've not tried Rush for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, [DE]Sean said:

A theory:

I think this issue may only happen if you pause the app with the foundry listview open AND you have items in progress. This bug may be related to the timer that updates the progress bar on the list items. I have a feeling the issue will not occur if you do not have items in progress.

I almost always have a Forma building. And after claiming a new Forma and scheduling the next build I often leave the app while in the Foundry listview.

On 2019-07-20 at 12:20 AM, [DE]Sean said:

Another important detail I need:

When the app is in this broken state, do the "CLAIM" or "BUILD" or "RUSH" buttons in the listview still work?
Also do you notice any loading spinners active?

In my case, Claim works well but I can't use Build.

Nowadays the app works pretty well again for no apparent reason and haven't faced issue though.

I am very puzzled on how and why this happens so randomly.

On 2019-07-19 at 8:38 PM, [DE]Sean said:

I'm honestly not sure what's causing this issue. I still have yet to reproduce it on any of my devices. I'll try keeping the app running for a long time as suggested.

The next update will include a bump to the SDK version so maybe that will fix the issue 🤞

I'm also having this bug after last month's update. It occurs exactly after I retrieve/deploy my drones and claim item from foundry.

Edited by RyAn0099

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-19 at 11:40 PM, [DE]Sean said:

A theory:

Just sharing my experience that it may not be the case because I always have something building, at least forma, in the foundry. I'm able to pull up the materials/progress window now but I couldn't yesterday even restarting my phone. 

https://m.imgur.com/a/DBoA7me

The picture above shows how I have a long list of completed items and some in progress in the background but I can bring up the preview window. 

The preview window is not working again now so I've recorded a video that shows what's happening. 

Notice that I have items in progress (to compare with my experience yesterday in the previous reply when it was working) and the app registers my input but it doesn't bring up the window that previews the materials or showing the progress. Also, the buttons work and there's no spinner in rhe background. 

https://m.imgur.com/a/x9lvJbl

• 5 weeks later...

Bumping this again, as I keep running into this mildly annoying bug.

It SEEMS it occurs when I leave the app on background for extended amount of time, like an hour or so.

However, it can be easily fixed with turning off the app for a min and restarting the app.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is how to reproduce the bug of not being able to see the crafting materials in Foundry:

1. Open the app
2. Browse any section (Activities, Codex, etc) except Foundry.
3. Access Foundry.
4. Try to tap on any blueprint - it will register the "tap" but will not open the blueprint showing the materials.

This is how I am able to view the crafting materials in Foundry:

1. Open the app.
2. Go directly to Foundry - do not try to access any other section.
3. Try to tap on any blueprint - it will open the blueprint and show the materials.

14 minutes ago, dbugz said:

I think this is how to reproduce the bug of not being able to see the crafting materials in Foundry:

1. Open the app
2. Browse any section (Activities, Codex, etc) except Foundry.
3. Access Foundry.
4. Try to tap on any blueprint - it will register the "tap" but will not open the blueprint showing the materials.

This is how I am able to view the crafting materials in Foundry:

1. Open the app.
2. Go directly to Foundry - do not try to access any other section.
3. Try to tap on any blueprint - it will open the blueprint and show the materials.

Thanks for the steps! Unfortunately I still can't reproduce the issue 😞

However, the next update has some major architectural changes. I also changed the way the foundry detail view is opened and closed (it's more efficient now). So hopefully the next update puts a rest to this issue!

17 hours ago, [DE]Sean said:

However, the next update has some major architectural changes. I also changed the way the foundry detail view is opened and closed (it's more efficient now). So hopefully the next update puts a rest to this issue!

as I tried to reproduce

1. Directly goto activities

2. click on any of them

3. now you can't see any build requirements in foundry

On 2019-09-12 at 6:58 AM, [DE]Sean said:

Try crafting anything (alloy or restore would work)

Do NOT reclaim it and let the app be ‘on background’ for a while and use other apps for a while (an hour or more?)

That is how I get bug almost reliably.