(PS4)funny866train

Getting warframes then making them

Posted (edited)

Unlocking warframe characters and making feels like it takes to long the whole process is kind of a pain. But I sometimes feel accomplished when I get a new character. Tell me what you think in the comments below

Edited by (PS4)funny866train

29 minutes ago, (PS4)funny866train said:

Unlocking warframe and then making them and add more to them too. I feel like sometimes it is to much work but it feels nice to accomplish that. Let me know what you think in the comments below.

You might want to edit the title, autocorrect messed up the word modding for you.

I don't think the farming required to obtain most frames would be too much, except for rare exceptions like Nidus and maybe Equinox, or Atlas neither of which i find particularly great, prime farming isn't much of an issue for me either.

I feel farming Ivara and Harrow greatly paid off however.

The issue comes from some primes being much easier to farm, like in Saryn's case, downgrading the base variant to mastery fodder which devalues the time put to them.

At this point in my warframe experience, I think I'm beyond feeling a sense of accomplishment  about getting a frame normally as opposed to buying it directly.

If I grind for a frame and then end up not enjoying the frame, then I feel like I wasted my time.

If I grind for a frame and end up enjoying it a lot, I still feel like I wasted my time since I could have been using that frame a lot earlier if I had just outright bought it.

Sometimes the grind to get a frame can be a bit extreme, khora and harrow in particular for me.

The build time has never bothered me.  I've never been that desperate to get a frame that waiting a few days has upset me.  There's always been plenty other things for me to do in the meantime and it gives me something to look forward to.

I used to be one who would make the frames and after getting them to 30, buy another from the market.

And then Nidus hit and DE gave me a 75% off coupon the same day. I tried the mission to see what it was like to get the parts and found it not my style of frame farming....so I got him for that 75% plat saver.

Then DE started doing things such as if you buy this frame, you get a free Riven for doing the mission, which I thought was cool even if I do not like the Rivs that much. It was the thought that the company was giving something for the story that made me go that route.

And then there came the Frames requiring things from Orb Mother hunting....which I have not even done Bounty one yet...the complaints I heard from players about getting the required items just to build the parts IF the parts fell...hard passed.

With Wisp being out, I was gonna do the hunting parts again til I heard there was a bug in XB1 that could crash your system. And that made me buy her to see the view of her animations. Finally heard the bug was fixed and ran the Rob 5 times and got her parts fully.

Making frames is a good thing when the game makes the getting and creation a fluid motion that feels more like creation than manufacturing. The Original ones had this feeling. The ones in the Dojo have this feeling. Those locked behind RNGijoe do not feel like creation from all the hair pulling threads about the parts not dropping after X amount of runs. And then the Primes making things easier than the Quest frames....was a slap in the face (but IMO, it adds that Primes came after the Quest lines frames).

Posted (edited)

I would say it varies wildly. I try to earn every base frame in-game, and I actually even rate the grind to get their blueprints on a scale of 1 to 5; 2-3 feels about right, 4 is pushing it, 5 just made me feel relieved for it to be over - except Ivara because I actually like Spy missions. My current ratings:

• Tier 1: Effortless. Hardly had to do anything at all. Banshee, Nezha, Volt, Wukong, Zephyr. Basically all the Dojo frames.
  • Tier 2: Easy Enough. Done in under an hour. Ember, Excalibur, Excalibur Umbra, Frost, Hydroid, Loki, Mag, Mirage, Nova, Nyx, Rhino, Valkyr, Wisp. Basically all the node boss fight frames except Equinox plus Excalibur Umbra.
  • Tier 3: Well Earned. Took me about an afternoon's worth of playtime. Atlas, Equinox, Gara, Garuda, Hildryn, Inaros, Limbo, Nekros, Revenant, Saryn, Titania, Vauban (Nightwave).
  • Tier 4: Right Proper Grind. Kept me busy for a few days. Chroma, Mesa, Nidus, Oberon, Octavia, Trinity.
  • Tier 5: Torture Chamber. The RNG is a cruel mistress, and she revelled in my suffering. Ash, Baruuk, Harrow, Ivara, Khora, Vauban (Alerts).
Edited by KnossosTNC

Posted (edited)

For some reason, I had the most difficult time farming basic Trinity from Ambulas. 

After 30 or so runs and no sign of systems, I just bought her.

Then a few weeks later, DE decreased the amount of Animo Navs you need to fight Ambulas. Big oof.

Still enjoy farming Equinox from Tyl Regor though, just need another Night Chassis drop and I’ll be up to number 9. 😊

Edited by EquinoxPrime
  • Haha 2