Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploiting The Gas Formula

Lutesque

Question

Well... I mean.... is it possible ? 

So we already know that Gas Proc's Damage over Time is affected by Toxin Mods.....

And if you're making you're making your Own Gas then its pretty straight forward.....

Cool. 

But I have a Zakti which has innate Gas Damage on it..... so if I mod it for Viral or Corrosive will The innate gas damage on the weapon benefit from those toxin mods which are already used to create Corrosive or Viral ?

I mean this is pretty easy to test but im lazy and im pretty sure some Min Maxing individual has already done this..... so..... does it work ? Can we Break Warframe with Gas Weapons ?

5 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Well... I mean.... is it possible ? 

So we already know that Gas Proc's Damage over Time is affected by Toxin Mods.....

And if you're making you're making your Own Gas then its pretty straight forward.....

Cool. 

But I have a Zakti which has innate Gas Damage on it..... so if I mod it for Viral or Corrosive will The innate gas damage on the weapon benefit from those toxin mods which are already used to create Corrosive or Viral ?

I mean this is pretty easy to test but im lazy and im pretty sure some Min Maxing individual has already done this..... so..... does it work ? Can we Break Warframe with Gas Weapons ?

U cant have 2 diff elements if one requires toxin mod to make secondary, is not possible.

Yeah. If a weapon has innate gas, then the gas procs will have their damage boosted by toxin mods even if said toxin is used to create another element like corrosive or viral. I actually found that out pretty recently thanks to Cyanex

• Like 1

Gas can be very powerful. I have multiple gas weapons that can end high level corpus in seconds. It gets crazy with rhino. My Sicarus can make gas procs over 300k per tick, amongst many others that are pretty crazy powerful with a good gas build. Glaxion vandal is very strong with a gas build. Basically insta melts a group of 8-lvl165 corpus tech. Toxin, and damage to faction mods are your friend. 

5 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

U cant have 2 diff elements if one requires toxin mod to make secondary, is not possible.

I don't think you understand what what I was asking....

5 hours ago, vFlitz said:

Yeah. If a weapon has innate gas, then the gas procs will have their damage boosted by toxin mods even if said toxin is used to create another element like corrosive or viral. I actually found that out pretty recently thanks to Cyanex

9aaf198fc504680be2af7515723ead79149b1a32

4 hours ago, (XB1)Deputy Facepain said:

Gas can be very powerful. I have multiple gas weapons that can end high level corpus in seconds. It gets crazy with rhino. My Sicarus can make gas procs over 300k per tick, amongst many others that are pretty crazy powerful with a good gas build. Glaxion vandal is very strong with a gas build. Basically insta melts a group of 8-lvl165 corpus tech. Toxin, and damage to faction mods are your friend. 

Indeed.... However I was actually planning on using this Idea to use Gas against The Grineer.... especially with The Primed Expel mods that I got from Baro a few weeks back....

And since I plan on doing it with my Zakti Pistol I I can just jump in for a finisher if it im not satasfied with The Results...