Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

hace 1 minuto, Aliothale dijo:

This is just anti consumer practice guys, just stop giving DE money and they'll quit screwing you over. They are completely oblivious that these types of changes are what drive people AWAY from the game. I'd rather spend my time and money on something that doesn't punish me for no damn reason. It's a god damn PVE game ffs.

and that is why this was not a in game notice so many tenno wont even know

DE has seen the last dollar can take from me until they brink ak magnus prime cause for real i am so disapointed 

Dear DE, i believe you need to look again at the riven system, or at least how Kuva farming works. It is very painful to , lets say, get a riven for the rubico/ignis/etc, invest 30+ rolls into it , then have it nerfed into nothingness . At this point there is very little reason for me to want to try out rivens, because the whole point of rivens for most people is to augment and pump out more performance from weapons they like ,(and whether we like it or not- these weapons are the popular ones) to then have then nerfed into nothingness after investing hours grinding Kuva survivals for that roll im happy with 

Please consider making the kuva farming CONSIDERABLY easier (i.e increasing the amount of kuva we get from the kuva pods in survival as time in the survival increases, for example) , ANYTHING, because i think most people are starting to tire of the whole process of unlocking a cool riven, grinding out all the kuva for a nice roll(something completely up to rng), then having those rivens nerfed to the ground till they provide no benefit over a basic mod. At this point i think i'm completely burned out on the whole process. It feels ultimately pointless when i know a cool riven i got will probably be nerfed into the dirt over time.  People will not stop using the ignis and rubico because the riven disposition was dropped, their rivens just become worthless--because they are still better than those weapons with higher riven dispositions. Instead look at these lagging weapons and maybe try to buff them

Treat the people who invest hours and hours into this a little better, we deserve at least that. This is just my humble opinion. I will probably not farm any more kuva from now.

This is borderline bait-and-switch. First they "bait" you into spending plats by allowing higher stats to be rolled and then they gradually "switch" those stats for the sake of game balance, which of course could be done in N other ways.

At this point, what is the point of rivens if you're going to nerf them over and over until they're useless? If you don't like them, remove them. Simple...

For example: Catchmoon. 130.8% damage and 65.3% multishot to 98.1% damage and 49% multishot. 

In 3 months are you going to make it worse yet again? I don't know, maybe 57% damage and 30% multishot?

8 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

seems u missed the purpose of rivens and the fact that rivens have always been subject to changes and always will because power level changes with new weapons released so rivens will always be nerfed/buffed depending on the games state.

No I haven't however when they keep doing more nerfs than buffs multiple times in a row it is better to notice that change and plan ahead according. In this case it would be to safe your plat/money until the situation changes.

I'm pretty happy with these changes. Maybe DE is finally trying to make weapons manageable so they can actually focus on creating challenging content. Although introducing Rivens was probably an in-correctable mistake.

I understand the charm in riven mechanics, it creates a dynamic upgrade system that is slightly more engaging than collecting permanent additions. Personally, I think Rivens should take the primary role of Amalgam mods. Rivens should be less about getting OP stats, but the benefit of getting multiple stats in a single mod slot. Which if you think about it is OP in itself. Imagine instead of having to fit both Stormbringer and Infected Clip, you could just get a riven that has both of those which gives you room to slot in another damage or utility mod. Another benefit is then you won't need to do disposition changes either. Have the stats reflect the normal mod variants. Eg, you can only ever get 90% or 60% elemental increase. Players can then roll for the perfect combination for their build.

As other players have said though, you wouldn't need rivens if the weapons and the core of the game were balanced properly to begin with.

1 hour ago, kxZyle said:

Any chance we could get extra sources of Kuva to compensate for highly-rolled rivens losing their power? Perhaps a lowered reroll cost? Higher Kuva drops? Anything?

Exactly! Cant they make kuva scale to how long you're in there..the longer the run the more kuva each harvester gives! Its not hard to do..but oh ya right not everyones got good enough builds to go that long without being carried..and we all know that cant happen in this day and age of "particapation" trophies for everyone..and to think i just bought equinox prime access and was about to buy wukong prime access to support the developer of a game that i think is fantastic aside from the fact that they wont help veterans out with some challenging content..it just falls on deaf ears..their way of making the game "challenging" is by nerfing rivens so the game isnt so "easy"...its still easy it always will be, riven changes or not, until they release some real "oh man what did we get ourselves into" content to challenge all the weapons and builds we have worked so hard for......why cant all rivens be 1 dispo with the same ranges per weapon type and just buff weaker weapons or give them a gimmick so people use them...not like ill ever touch the kraken again gimmick or not but still riven changes are a bad thing for warframe and its community..the plat hoarding "riven mafia" will still sell these rivs at exorbitant prices except now they got more weapons to extort people on..which brings me to the "buffed" rivens..there r a few decent ones but most i wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole but thats a topic for another rant....end rant...#giveusrealendgame

1 hour ago, Kitsune5603 said:

Can you people stop complaining about riven nerfs when the clear issue is that the weapons were too OP with rivens? Its meant to keep the game balanced, not give OP weapons even more OP builds smh

Some are clear sure.

But not all are even remotely clear, and some are just confusing.

For example, from the last two waves:

That thriving OP Baza meta.

The clearly too much Stradavar. Twice

Vulkar?

I don't recall the Akjagara lighting many fires. Twice

The Lato?

Twin Gremlins?

It's getting really hard to actually remain invested in rivens anymore. At any point, any crap weapon that you liked can get a new special variant of some kind, or be useful in some kind of new meta, and the disposition of a riven you've put a lot of work into trashed. Tiberon, Rubico, Opticor, Lanka, Glaxion, ect are all examples of this. Rolling rivens is entirely random, and farming for kuva is pretty grueling - if rivens are going to be this fluid without the community having any control, we need options to uninvest from rivens or at least some semblance of control over the rivens we roll and unveil. Otherwise, people are going to continue to get mad when you nerf something that somebody either got extremely lucky with or spent far too much time or money on. It's borderline insulting, especially when a disposition nerf can be the difference between a riven actually being worth the slot or not, due to how far down dispo can go.

Make no mistake - Rivens are the closest thing we have to endgame. Dis-incentivizing people from interacting with the system is turning veterans away.

14 minutes ago, HavocNinja said:

This is borderline bait-and-switch. First they "bait" you into spending plats by allowing higher stats to be rolled and then they gradually "switch" those stats for the sake of game balance, which of course could be done in N other ways.

I agree 100% with this. 

56 minutes ago, ChaosMarine said:

Sigh. Literal #*!%ing sigh. That's great. Thanks for more Riven nerfs for absolutely no god damned reason. Seriously?! If Warframe was PvP, okay, sure, balancing I guess but Warframe is 99% PvE so there is no literal reason for Rivens to be nerfed. 

Why does DE want to screw over the player base like this? What reason is there to screw over players like this? 

By changing which rivens are popular, they can upset the market and keep riven prices fluctuating, which means more play sales.

Not a very good reason, but the only one that makes any sense in this case.

On 2019-07-05 at 8:55 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Glaxion: 1.35->1.25

How to justify nerfing a riven for an already crappy weapon that needed a buff instead?

Release a variant to get more people using it temporarily and nerf.

GG DE well played.

Let's be real, this is a dumb system. This whole cycle is nonsensical af. 

"Oh no, the mods are actually having an impact on weapon usage statistics! As was explicitly the design from day 1. We can't have that! Every time we release decent-statted primes for something formerly underused (and thus high dispo), have-not kiddos screech at us like we just stole their chicken nuggies!" 

I'm fine with it, I use alot of weapons anyway to have variety. IMO Only an unskilled player sticks with 1 op weapon but whatever.

I saw someone write that its bait and switch and no, it isn't. You're not buying the riven from them but other players knowing full well that disposition can change. That falls on you on this one, if they sell something on the market and then switch it then yes I'll also raise hello but not here.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

By changing which rivens are popular, they can upset the market and keep riven prices fluctuating, which means more play sales.

Not a very good reason, but the only one that makes any sense in this case.

You hit the nail right on the head here...this is exactly why they do it...if they would go with more challenging content and less grindy meaningless content more veterans would stick around and be buying prime acceses like i did with equinox and was gonna do with wukong..the problem is they dont. They release all content readily available to everyone and that is the majority of their sales new players and casuals..most of which r still at 15 rivens slots so this hardly affects them..#giveusrealendgame #stopnerfingourhardwork

Archived