Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

It's nice to have re-balancing, but doing it retroactively like this kills the reliability of rivens, since there are no "good rivens" now because "everything is subject to change".

I'm not sure if I like having the Trade Chat abusive prices for rivens controlled like that (even if I didn't like them in the first place).

Like, with the new way things are done now, people will trade and look for Zhuge rivens for a while (since it's nice for Prime version), and next nerf Zhuge rivens will be blasted off. It wasn't preemptively re-balanced to adjust for new variant. It will be done later when the effects of new variant are measured and DE decides how much to control it.

This is not for balancing purposes. It's just market and player control. Way to go on the whole "players have freedom and can make lots of choices".

Just now, (PS4)jikyjung said:

How many time nerfs for balance? Why dont remove riven system for balance all weapons?

Because the Riven market is a fat cash cow. For them, it's a fantastic source of consistent money, since people pay ridiculous prices for rivens. Why balance weapons when you can make more money by not fixing the riven system and instead angering players?

am i the only one who thinks nerfing the same weapons every patch is bs?

Supra nerfed again

Glaxion, opticor, Like hey guys heres a Vandal of a great weapon

oh, and we nerfed its riven for a 3rd time again

3 nerfs on them. 

I HATE Rivens now, what was the point of even adding them, then destroying them simply because players use the gun they like?

all my rivens, any weapon i used, even ignis, nerfed the riven for that too

Its stupid. people pay money for rivens, they buy them, they work really really hard to farm kuva, just for the perfect roll

than, nerf nerf nerf. like why? why even bother, this is why i quit this game

i got sick of it. i hate riven nerfs "balance"

-----------------

oltor: 0.95->1.05
Braton: 1.1->1.2
Cernos: 1.1->1.15
Dread: 1.1->1.2

Glaxion: 1.35->1.25  [OH HEY GUYS WE JUST RELEASED a Vandal, so were gonna have to nerf the rivens for it]
Gorgon: 1.4->1.3

Hek: 0.85->0.95
Hema: 1.2->1.25

Ignis: 0.6->0.55 [Yayyyyyyyyyy]
Lanka: 0.85->0.8 [-_-]

Nagantaka: 1.05->1.1
Opticor: 1.15->1.05 [great] 3rd time
Paris: 1.2->1.3
Quanta: 1.1->1.25

Rubico: 0.8->0.7
Simulor: 0.85->1
Soma: 0.75->0.85

Stradavar: 1.15->1
Supra: 0.85->0.8 [its just stupid by this point]

Sybaris: 1->1.05
Tetra: 1.5->1.45
Tiberon: 1.1->0.95

Tigris: 0.5->0.55
Tonkor: 0.95->1.15

Vectis: 0.8->0.85
Veldt: 1.2->1.25

--------------

Akjagara: 1.25->1.05
Aklex: 0.85->0.8
Brakk: 1.1->1.2
Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6  - _-  2nd nerf
Cycron: 1.1->1.15
Embolist: 1.45->1.4
Gammacor: 0.8->0.9
Hikou: 0.95->1.05
Lex: 0.7->0.9
Marelok: 0.8->0.9
Pandero: 0.95->1
Pyrana: 0.8->0.7
Rattleguts: 0.9->0.8
Sicarus: 1.15->1.1
Sonicor: 0.8->0.9
Spira: 1->1.1
Tombfinger: 0.85->0.75
Twin Grakatas: 1->1.05
Twin Gremlins: 1.3->1.2
Twin Rogga: 1.2->1.25
Viper: 1.45->1.35
Zylok: 1.15->1.25

Oh lol my Boltor and Soma just improved again. My friend's Prisma Gorgon can RIP but not my problem.

More Cycron buff please

I cri in Rattleguts and Catchmoon though. Didn't really affect my Tombfinger much.

My Rubico Riven going to have no value at this rate.

4 minutes ago, VolatileAcidity said:

Because the Riven market is a fat cash cow. For them, it's a fantastic source of consistent money, since people pay ridiculous prices for rivens. Why balance weapons when you can make more money by not fixing the riven system and instead angering players?

^ yeah, they pay ridiculous prices, for DE to later destroy the rivens after people bought them, and it makes them all mad

because most guns people used got 3 nerfs in rivens. 

1 hour ago, ToaTamatu said:

Was referring to the actual items chosen being out of nowhere.

You can see some rivens being extremely popular and expect some nerfs indeed, but who can expect the same few rivens being nerfed 3x over?

3x over is not THAT strange tbh. that is due to a restriction DE made to themselves where a riven cant go down more then 0.6. So if from the start point a weapon needs a 0.6-0.75 drop yiu are going to need r nerf rounds. in some cases even more like with weapons that are far from their originally planned point due to the release of a extremely strong prime version or a wrong base stat that got set at neutral while in actuality with power it would normally be close to a 0.5.

So multiple nerfs is not that weird. The alternative would be a major nerf all at once but that would be way prone to excessive nerfing while steps make it easier to pinpoint a end number with out aving to do a buff <> nerf zigzag.

Just now, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

^ yeah, they pay ridiculous prices, for DE to later destroy the rivens after people bought them, and it makes them all mad

because most guns people used got 3 nerfs in rivens. 

Well that was my point. Lots of people, including me, aren't happy about these nerfs. Ah, sorry, balances.

DE: We don't call then nerfs, we call it strategic balancing.

Us: It's nerfs.

If they keep doing this, I'm probably just going to give this game up. All I wanted to was to power my way to the riven late game, but they destroyed that too. Now we have to deal with the scams "God Tier Rivens" and fashion frame "endgame", both of which are cash cows. Disgusting.

Upside is, PSO2 is coming to NA next year. I'll probably drop Warframe for good once it does. In fact, I might just drop it now and start on the Japanese servers...

ok look de your not fixing bad weapons your balance sys is not helping the game all its doing is telling ppl that there cash/work doesnt mean anything its a slap to the face.how to fix it is to add a item to the game that will put a permanent stat boost to weapon/warfame that way ppl can build how they want it to be and it would give you some sustainable content as it stands right now rivens r all i have to do in the game.and i havent even been playing that long a lil over a year so it not like im a vet

25 minutes ago, VolatileAcidity said:

People don't pay ridiculous prices for rivens when rivens are useless. People also stop playing sorties and farm kuva = they play less. This is very stupid from player retention perspective, especially nowadays with no new content for months.

You know what the solution to this riven price nonsense is? Stop paying ridiculous prices for mods period. No riven in this game is worth more than 150 plat. Why? Because we ALL knew before going in, every single riven could and would be subject to change. If YOUR personal greed forces you to pay stupid prices, that is on you. You want the sellers to lower prices? Stop buying for a while, and see how they scream. 1K plat for a riven that is overkill on overkill.. come on people, use your bloody LOAF. 

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

And buffs... Yeah lets ignore those right.

Boltor: 0.95->1.05 (Need Telos Boltor, which many people won't farm for since Prime is garbo)
Braton: 1.1->1.2 (Still isn't relevant, weapon itself needs buffs to compete)
Cernos: 1.1->1.15 (Bows themselves need changes, as they don't fit into Warframes current gameplay style)
Dread: 1.1->1.2 (As said above)

Glaxion: 1.35->1.25  (Nerfed because of popularity, not because of power because it does what Amprex does, just worse.)
Gorgon: 1.4->1.3 (Nerfed because idk, hunter munitions is broken and nerfing rivens is easier than fixing that mess)

Hek: 0.85->0.95 (Buffed, but still can't compete with Tigris Prime/Arca Plasmor in either huge damage or aoe clear)
Hema: 1.2->1.25 (I hate this weapon and everything about it)

Ignis: 0.6->0.55 (Nerfs despite the fact that it doesn't need a riven to be top tier, and at this point a riven will most likely hurt it more than help it)
Lanka: 0.85->0.8 (Nerfs since it is used for Eidolon hunting and literally nothing else, so nerfs are just a nuisance)

Nagantaka: 1.05->1.1 (Buffs to a bow, but at least this bow is half decent. Still has a hard time fitting into Warframes gameplay style atm)
Opticor: 1.15->1.05 (Nerfed because everyone has the Vandal now, and people like using a Big #*!%ing Gun that has a bit of utility)
Paris: 1.2->1.3 (Again with the bows, they just don't fit. They need a rework, like small AOE splash, or innate headshot crits even if you dont land a headshot, idk)
Quanta: 1.1->1.25 (Why use this when you can use the Gaze, Amprex, Synapes... You get the point. I like the weapon, but it still struggles to compete)

Rubico: 0.8->0.7 (Well, we all saw this coming. They just don't want us to have an easy time with eidolons, which I don't do anyways, so whatevs)
Simulor: 0.85->1 (Great, more aids to see on my screen. Incoming Mirage + Simulor)
Soma: 0.75->0.85 (Trying to revive a dead weapon, stop beating the dead cat. Just use Tiberon, it does better without a riven. Or use Prisma Grakata)

Stradavar: 1.15->1 (An already weak weapon getting weaker, haven't seen anyone use this weapon besides for MR fodder, even the prime variant)
Supra: 0.85->0.8 (Good weapon, I can see a nerf here. Well, no, I can't, but I don't use the supra vandal, so meh)

Sybaris: 1->1.05 (Weaker Battacor, why use it? Again, Tiberon, or Tenora)
Tetra: 1.5->1.45 (Does anyone even use this thing besides for the memes?)
Tiberon: 1.1->0.95 (Well there it is. Still strong even without a riven)

Tigris: 0.5->0.55 (Rivens are still going to be worse than a regular mod, irrelevant buff to dispo)
Tonkor: 0.95->1.15 (Four words - Cautious Shot is Garbage)

Vectis: 0.8->0.85 (Buff? Nerf? Idk, still, snipers are only really great for Eidolons and some bosses. I don't see them anywhere else)
Veldt: 1.2->1.25 (Forgot this weapon existed, not gonna lie)

--------------
Akjagara: 1.25->1.05 (Ouch, but we all saw it coming. This weapon is pretty stronk)
Aklex: 0.85->0.8 (I haven't seen anybody using these badbois in like, a year. I don't get the nerf, they aren't all that great, and are difficult to get)

Brakk: 1.1->1.2 (I still haven't gotten this stupid shotgun, gave up)
Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6 (Well, just use Primed Heated Charge at this point)
Cycron: 1.1->1.15 (Glaive + this. Basically forced usage of this otherwise mediocre weapon)
Embolist: 1.45->1.4 (Why nerf the fart gun? Haven't seen anyone using this either)
Gammacor: 0.8->0.9 (Well, maybe the beast from the past is making his rise. But Gaze blocks his path with a hard no)
Hikou: 0.95->1.05 (somewhat of a same issue that Bows have, just not as exaggerated. Poor stats that don't merit the use of this)
Lex: 0.7->0.9 (As above stated with Aklex - I don't see people using this hand sniper. Love the weapon, but it just can't compete with others even with a riven)
Marelok: 0.8->0.9 (Same as stated with Gammacor, but blocked by Tombfinger/Arca Scisco/Knell)
Pandero: 0.95->1 (Pandero? Stubba? Arca Scisco? I'll stick with my Knell/Hystrix. They are fun to use)

Pyrana: 0.8->0.7 (Well, we all saw this one as well. Strong weapon)
Rattleguts: 0.9->0.8 (Well all kitguns are strong, can't deny that. They don't need rivens to be strong, so nerfing rivens was always a meh for these, people will use them anyways)
Sicarus: 1.15->1.1 (Uh, just use kitguns)

Sonicor: 0.8->0.9 (When this gun lost it's innate Tenno Space Program passive, everyone stopped using it)
Spira: 1->1.1 (Struggles with the same issue as Hikkou)

Tombfinger: 0.85->0.75 (Again, kitguns will continue to be meta because they are top tier even without a riven)
Twin Grakatas: 1->1.05 (Clem. Clem. Clem clem clem. Clem. A welcome buff, even if minor)
Twin Gremlins: 1.3->1.2 (Kitguns)
Twin Rogga: 1.2->1.25 (Just use twin Kohmak. People call these mini tigris and what not, but they don't have slash as main ips)
Viper: 1.45->1.35 (Does anyone even use this weapon? I thought it was a meme from Zanagoth?)
Zylok: 1.15->1.25 (Condition overload slave to pair with a glaive. Suffers same fate as Cycron)

That's my breakdown of the nerfs/buffs.

When will rubico's disposition be 0.01 and why have you not communicated a structure to the transitory nature of your apparent "trends" (' this trend should continue in the future ') do rivens stop at 0.5 for instance thats a rule worth communicating if its in place

a bad feeling weapon wont be used regardless of the force of a million suns...

the rubico feels great why "Fix" that

please put to words What are you even doing and why do you think you need to // should

Archived