[DE]Connor

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

On 2019-07-05 at 5:55 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Hail Tenno!

Our next wave of regular Riven disposition changes has arrived to all platforms, along with Wukong Prime access. A full breakdown of changes can be found below:

Primaries: 

Reveal hidden contents

Boltor: 0.95->1.05
Braton: 1.1->1.2
Cernos: 1.1->1.15
Dread: 1.1->1.2

Glaxion: 1.35->1.25
Gorgon: 1.4->1.3

Hek: 0.85->0.95
Hema: 1.2->1.25

Ignis: 0.6->0.55
Lanka: 0.85->0.8

Nagantaka: 1.05->1.1
Opticor: 1.15->1.05
Paris: 1.2->1.3
Quanta: 1.1->1.25

Rubico: 0.8->0.7
Simulor: 0.85->1
Soma: 0.75->0.85

Stradavar: 1.15->1
Supra: 0.85->0.8

Sybaris: 1->1.05
Tetra: 1.5->1.45
Tiberon: 1.1->0.95

Tigris: 0.5->0.55
Tonkor: 0.95->1.15

Vectis: 0.8->0.85
Veldt: 1.2->1.25

Secondaries:

Reveal hidden contents

Akjagara: 1.25->1.05
Aklex: 0.85->0.8

Brakk: 1.1->1.2
Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6
Cycron: 1.1->1.15
Embolist: 1.45->1.4
Gammacor: 0.8->0.9
Hikou: 0.95->1.05
Lex: 0.7->0.9
Marelok: 0.8->0.9
Pandero: 0.95->1

Pyrana: 0.8->0.7
Rattleguts: 0.9->0.8
Sicarus: 1.15->1.1

Sonicor: 0.8->0.9
Spira: 1->1.1

Tombfinger: 0.85->0.75
Twin Grakatas: 1->1.05
Twin Gremlins: 1.3->1.2
Twin Rogga: 1.2->1.25
Viper: 1.45->1.35
Zylok: 1.15->1.25

When comparing these adjustments with our last set of changes from April, you’ll notice fewer weapons were affected, and changes are generally less drastic. With our internal power rankings in place, and multiple sets of Disposition changes behind us, this trend should continue in the future!

Work is still in progress on the upcoming Melee 3.0 rework, so melee weapon disposition changes will have to wait until those are complete. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thanks everyone - see you next time!

I find incredible the complete and utter disregard for people's time spent in this game. Arbitrarely nerf and buff a system every now and then based on pure statistics it's just incredibly bad. It invalidates the hundreds of hours put in the game by your players for no intelligent reason. Why don't you just sit down and decide the disposition based on the weapon strength instead of popularity, that can be extremely misleading in certain cases, and finish with this farse. Is that really too much work? Because you make us spend hundreds of hours so you could put a little bit more work in it yourself. It's not about the "nerf" itself...in my opinion the whole game should be carpet nerfed for the content difficulty avaible in this game right now. However spitting on the effort of your players who invested hundreds of hours of gameplay in this system is shameful and the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Nirrel said:

I find incredible the complete and utter disregard for people's time spent in this game. Arbitrarely nerf and buff a system every now and then based on pure statistics it's just incredibly bad. It invalidates the hundreds of hours put in the game by your players for no intelligent reason. Why don't you just sit down and decide the disposition based on the weapon strength instead of popularity, that can be extremely misleading in certain cases, and finish with this farse. Is that really too much work? Because you make us spend hundreds of hours so you could put a little bit more work in it yourself. It's not about the "nerf" itself...in my opinion the whole game should be carpet nerfed for the content difficulty avaible in this game right now. However spitting on the effort of your players who invested hundreds of hours of gameplay in this system is shameful and the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

It’s an atrocious system to be on the receiving end of.

When it boils down to it, there isn’t a whole lot to do besides rivens in the end game.

But just like the tennocon stream threads were being deleted, I really doubt anyone from DE will be reading this feedback.

Because criticism is obviously toxic.

• Upvote 2

Hey, everyone!

I've finally figured it all out!

9XgzEou.png

Spoiler

For those who are unfamiliar: "Skub" is a fictional substance that creates excessive and unnecessary amounts of arguments and controversy.

• Upvote 2

Il y a 11 heures, ReversalBlade a dit :

Wow, how low can this go.

ignis literally one shots synthesys targets. it can go lower.

1 minute ago, MASKARRAN said:

ignis literally one shots synthesys targets. it can go lower.

I’d like a clip of that, please.

Posted (edited)

First of all,RIP rubico,catchmoon,and akjgara. Hit so hard with the nerf bat if the rivens had knee caps they'd be in a million pieces after this nerf.

Now onto something more important.
This nerf to the never used tetra gives me an idea.

How about you nerf hind? no one uses it,no one will ever use it,no one even wants to look at. Adding a riven to it doesn't even make it a passable weapon,at best it fires foam darts.

So I have a request.  Nerf hind rivens down to 0.01 and make the gun fire literal bubbles. It already fires foam darts but we can go deeper!

This is a serious request. If trash weapons like tetra and hind arent allowed to have rivens to make them even remotely acceptable then turn them into meme guns. Turn the worst guns at the bottom of a barrel into the very dirt that rests under the barrel. I mean really,can the hind and tetra even get worse?  i'd like to see if they can.    

You aren't expected to even kill with the hind or tetra. The stats prove that much,there very existence is MR fodder.  At least make them fun meme guns pls.

Edited by wizardeiges

Glaxion?!! Seriously? It's barely useful with a top tear riven and you nerf it? This is the dumbest decision ever. Thanks, DE. Perfect nerf. Perfect game. Have a nice weekend/

vor 50 Minuten schrieb Judqment8:

Jesus, they told us from the very beginning that rivens are mods that WILL be adjusted at certain intervals. All of you people whining, you were WARNED long before you went and wasted your precious platinum/kuva on a riven that might eventually get nerfed.

Suddenly the game (that is PvE mind you) that was already great before they even introduced rivens is now so bad when they touch your precious meta weapons dispositions?

Oh, well. I'm just happy to see DE keep up with readjusting the rivens every 3 months.

You didn't get what I were saying. 

I am well aware that they are to be adjusted. All riven traders are. But we are all expecting them to adjust them in a way that respects our time we put into them. 

I don't care that they change the disposition on my precious meta weapon. I care about the fact that they have the time to readjust (mainly nerf) the "loot" I spent time on getting. About my riven collection. Fact of the matter is that rivens are useless. The current content we have (starchart) can be done with a soma. 

A lot of people have nothing else to do because the game is empty. Nothing to do. No rewards. The only way to have anything to do in WF is search out great rivens, and play with a new weapon because of said riven. 

And if they keep nerfing the only thing that keeps veterans in the game, we sure are gonna voice our concerns. 

I am a veteran complaining. I have done everything there is to do. 

I don't get why you even care, you don't concern yourself with rivens but you still think that you can tell me what to do with my opinion. 

And in my honest opinion, it's more sad than good that de is able to readjust rivens, but not drop a bit of new content. (Tenno Reinforcements) 

On 2019-07-06 at 3:55 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6

can you stop nerfing this? Every single update there's another nerf to this disposition. Seriously. Nerf it once and then don't do it again every single riven patch.

On 2019-07-06 at 3:55 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Sicarus: 1.15->1.1

AGAIN?!?!? Stop nerfing this into the ground 😞

11 hours ago, Ziser said:

Seams like theres a lot of people that do not understand, riven changes are made upon weapon popularity and weapon strength, take Rubico for example that, even without a riven, outperforms all snipers in the game even when they have rivens and so the riven mods changes upon that. Same goes for the clear meta weapons such as catchmoon, that also outperforms pretty much all secondaries on avarage, and the populuar weapons like pyrana prime. Just wait for melee 3.0, they will be balancing melee rivens then aswell.

"weapon strength"

Better nerf the Viper amirite?

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

I'm totally fine with nerfing Riven disposition to reduce the overpoweredness of some weapons.

BUT: DE, have you ever considered, that some people use Rivens NOT just for power creep?

The Aklex for example has a terrible recoil - nerfing it's Rivens means also reducing any QoL stats! I have reload speed on mine and with every drop in disposition, this Riven becomes less useful, because any reload speed mod becomes more useable.

Same goes with Vectis: Even the last nerf in disposition reduced the value of my -mag size Riven - now the whole feeling of my loved "Bolt-Action-Sniper" is gone.

If you want us to use Rivens to make our guns more unique (so called "responsibly") , then you should consider to only change those values, that effect power creep and don't touch QoL stats!!!

And ffs stop using popularity as basis for your disposition changes!!! Even a disposition of 2.0 won't make me use Pandero. And Ignis will be used even with 0 disposition.

Weapon usage isn't totally based on power creep!

Edited by _Mannaroth_
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 6

I'm glad the numbers are settling down, I was worried that I'd have to mess with my rivens every 3 months in a crazy game of see-saw.

1 minute ago, _Mannaroth_ said:

I'm totally fine with nerfing Riven disposition to reduce the overpoweredness of some weapons.

BUT: DE, have you ever considered, that some people use Rivens NOT just for power creep?

The Aklex for example has a terrible recoil - nerfing it's Rivens means also reducing any QoL stats! I have reload speed on mine and with every drop in disposition, this Riven becomes less useful, because any reload speed mod becom,es more useful.

Same goes with Vectis: Even the last nerf in disposition reduced the value of my -mag size Riven - now the whole feeling of my loved "Bolt-Action-Sniper" is gone.

If you want us to use Rivens to make our guns more unique (so called "responsibly") , then you should consider to only change those values, that effect power creep and don't touch QoL stats!!!

Sounds good, doesn't work.

The way people are using rivens isn't how the devs intended they be used, because how there were implemented and intended doesn't make any sense and isn't realistic. The difficulty of acquiring, multiple levels of RNG, use of highly grindy currencty limited to specific missions, etc... All points to "endgame mods," and people are going to treat them like that. Especially because the purpose they intended for them is filled by another category of mods much better: Augments.

Every time they change dispositions, you're going to see two things: A rightfully enraged group of players that actually invested time and possibly money into their rivens, and a minority of players hypocritically calling the rightfully angry people a loud minority, while waving pompoms around in DE's defense. DE screwed up. That's what's happening here. This was a bad idea, Rivens were a mistake, and they backed themselves into a corner. There's really only one way to solve the problem from this point on:remove dispositions altogether, set the rivens at a flat value, and balance the guns/melee directly.

• Upvote 4

what for they again Mr rifles slashed the Ignis is nowhere to cut and cut dustan already piled up players with games that will tennakoon them))2019

vor 3 Minuten schrieb XaoGarrent:

Sounds good, doesn't work.

The way people are using rivens isn't how the devs intended they be used, because how there were implemented and intended doesn't make any sense and isn't realistic. The difficulty of acquiring, multiple levels of RNG, use of highly grindy currencty limited to specific missions, etc... All points to "endgame mods," and people are going to treat them like that. Especially because the purpose they intended for them is filled by another category of mods much better: Augments.

Every time they change dispositions, you're going to see two things: A rightfully enraged group of players that actually invested time and possibly money into their rivens, and a minority of players hypocritically calling the rightfully angry people a loud minority, while waving pompoms around in DE's defense. DE screwed up. That's what's happening here. This was a bad idea, Rivens were a mistake, and they backed themselves into a corner. There's really only one way to solve the problem from this point on:remove dispositions altogether, set the rivens at a flat value, and balance the guns/melee directly.

Why shouldn't it be possible? The max values for example crit chance are always higher than for crit damage. So it should be possible, to give out general higher numbers for QoL stats than for damage, multishot etc. I mean, if someone wants to powercreep, he wouldn't even look at a -recoil, +reload speed Riven anyway. So it would be possible to reduce the power of a Riven without touching it's "intended" usability.

I totally agree, that Rivens were the worst thing that could ever happen to warframe - but we all know, that it's far to late (and definitely not in DE's interst) to get rid of them :(.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, _Mannaroth_ said:

Why shouldn't it be possible?

I'm not saying they can't do it, I'm saying it would be a meaningless change that would please almost no one, if not make people even more angry due to how deaf a gesture it is.

The way they designed the riven system and what players expect out of it due to their design and behavior in the past is vastly, VASTLY out of line with what they intended for the system. So much so that without word of god, nobody would even know what they intended.

Edited by XaoGarrent

So pretty much RIP 70% of the rivens and by extention weapons in my invetory.

Well, gotta press F I guess.

Lame. Instead of nerfing rivens you could show some respect for your fans and the time they put into the game and not nerf rivens.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, rasyie said:

And if they keep nerfing the only thing that keeps veterans in the game, we sure are gonna voice our concerns. 

I am a veteran complaining. I have done everything there is to do. 

I don't get why you even care, you don't concern yourself with rivens but you still think that you can tell me what to do with my opinion. 

And in my honest opinion, it's more sad than good that de is able to readjust rivens, but not drop a bit of new content. (Tenno Reinforcements) 

I'm a veteran myself and I DO collect and use rivens as well. It's just that unlike someone else I can appriciate the riven disposition changes, the most used weapons get nerfed while the less used ones are getting BUFFED. You sound like all they do is nerf weapons while they also buff the less common ones. I'm more than fine with getting rivens for the uncommon weapons and making them more on par with the meta weapons thanks to rivens.

You are just salty that your rivens get nerfed because all you do is invest in meta rivens. Maybe give a try to some not so popular picks?

If the only thing you are doing in Warframe is grinding meta rivens and making already strong weapons even stronger then perhaps you should try something else? There are lots of stuff to do even if you are a veteran player. Or maybe just take a break from the game and come back when they add more stuff?

Also we got new content at the same time DE readjusted the rivens. We got both Wukong Prime access and the Nightwave season 2. You are just whining over nothing.

• Applause 1

Thank you for the thread, DE, it’s enjoyable reading through the comments. Some good criticism but a large part is people complaining that they’ve spent hundreds of hours trying to squeeze every last drop of plat out of the game by cornering a market, only to realise that their profit margins on some items have now been slashed. If your only purpose in the game is to farm Kuva for riven rolling then it may be time to explore taking a break!

• Haha 1
  • Woah 4
  • Applause 1