[DE]Connor

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

Buffs for Braton, Boltor, Soma and Simulor, yay! They desperately needed those. Maybe I'll actually use my Soma Prime and Boltor variants again...

Nonsensical nerf on Gorgon and Glaxion, sigh. Can't get everything I guess. At least my precious Amprex didn't get hit with the nerfbat again, though I see Ignis suffered some more.

Not surprised Catchmoon got hit hard, though. Even without a riven, a crit-built Catchmoon hits like a truck.

Posted (edited)

Thank you D.E. for killing my tombfinger riven. I was proud of that thing and it was nice having a side are that packed a wallup. But you killed it and now I’m depressed.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Mez999:

Thank you for the thread, DE, it’s enjoyable reading through the comments. Some good criticism but a large part is people complaining that they’ve spent hundreds of hours trying to squeeze every last drop of plat out of the game by cornering a market, only to realise that their profit margins on some items have now been slashed. If your only purpose in the game is to farm Kuva for riven rolling then it may be time to explore taking a break!

dude, read your comment again, if you're break the 2k or 3k ingame-time, if you haven't 70% grayed inventory-fields. i'll bet, that your opinion will be changed.....

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Nyrakav said:

Gotta offset the hype tennocon built somehow. Why not some Nerfs!

This is the problem with being bias, all you see is 'nerfs' even though this is what the riven system was supposed to be from the start and it's dependant on usage...
There is 28 Buffs vs 21 Nerfs... Yet in your inclination to always see negative things you ignore that fact to make a biased comment. 

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

can you stop nerfing this? Every single update there's another nerf to this disposition. Seriously. Nerf it once and then don't do it again every single riven patch.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Thankful D.E. for killing my tombfinger riven. I was proud of that thing and it was nice having a side are that packed a wallup. But you killed it and now I’m depressed.

Oh no, the way overpowered low level weapon without a riven, had a slight decrease in power to its riven.. talk about a first world problem, I doubt you'll even notice the difference.

Edited by Carnage2K4
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hmm, I'm slowly coming to a point, where I don't even bother to get upset anymore. I have over 4600h in this game (ridiculous, I know) and all I feel right now is amusement... Riven dispositions are nerfed based on weapon popularity? You still want me to believe this? To me it seems, that you simply plan to change, let's say, 20 weapons and then you run RNG over it to decide which ones. I've never seen any player ever use an Embolist in my whole playtime, but you want to persuade me, that it's so widely used and so OP, that it needs to be nerfed? Sorry, but I don't buy it, please come up with a better explanation. The same goes for the Gorgon, the Viper, the Supra or the Tetra. Definitely game breaking weapons, for sure... Not to mention the waste of time to farm tons of Kuva to finally get a decent roll, just to have it invalidated shortly after. I gave up on farming Kuva a long time ago, as it is tedious and unrewarding, mainly due to your unwillingness to scale up rewards on longer runs. The only reason I can see for this is the fact, that you cannot guarantee server stabilty and that players are rightfully pissed, when they loose all their progress and rewards after a 60 or 120 min run due to a disconnect or failed host migration... This system needs to be improved finally, even a crappy game like Anthem was able to instantly save your progress. Well, I will go and check my weapon stats now; sadly, the final thing to keep me motivated slowly looses its appeal. # Veterans don't matter 

Edited by (XB1)Kuhl MC
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

Thank you for the thread, DE, it’s enjoyable reading through the comments. Some good criticism but a large part is people complaining that they’ve spent hundreds of hours trying to squeeze every last drop of plat out of the game by cornering a market, only to realise that their profit margins on some items have now been slashed. If your only purpose in the game is to farm Kuva for riven rolling then it may be time to explore taking a break!

You'll come to realize once you're near max MR you don't have much left pushing you to play the game apart from stuff like the slot machine that is riven rerolling and trading.

Edited by Jackal_Off
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jackal_Off said:

You'll come to realize once you're near max MR you don't have much left pushing you to play the game apart from stuff like the slot machine that is riven rerolling and trading.

Being a max rank player myself, I find that everything dies, there is no real challenge and all these "nerfs" are completely irrelevant to the fact almost everything below level 100 is cannon fodder to almost every weapon I use.
If you think that riven rolling and trading is all there is at max rank frankly I think you're a bit shallow.

• Applause 1

1 minute ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Being a max rank player myself, I find that everything dies, there is no real challenge and all these "nerfs" are completely irrelevant to the fact almost everything below level 100 is cannon fodder to almost every weapon I use.
If you think that riven rolling and trading is all there is at max rank frankly I think you're a bit shallow.

You already have max MR. You already have all weapons/warframes maxed. You don't need resources. You don't need to farm any mods. You don't need to head to fortuna or plains for anything. You have all the credits you need. What else is there to do?

Make plat, or get a godly riven. You do that by kuva farming & rerolling rivens. Or you can just play the market the whole time.

11 minutes ago, Jackal_Off said:

You already have max MR. You already have all weapons/warframes maxed. You don't need resources. You don't need to farm any mods. You don't need to head to fortuna or plains for anything. You have all the credits you need. What else is there to do?

Make plat, or get a godly riven. You do that by kuva farming & rerolling rivens. Or you can just play the market the whole time.

But why? Making plat is just as useless as all the other stuff you listed. Why not get some rivens for forgotten weapons and then roll those for your OWN pleasure? You know there are tons of weapons in the game and not all of them (surprise, surprise) has a crappy disposition.

Geez, you can just simply enjoy the gameplay of Warframe, playing with your friends and having fun. You don't need to have the best rivens or tens of thousands of platinum to enjoy game.

And I'm saying this all as a veteran player with ~3.5k hours played.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Judqment8 said:

But why? Making plat is just as useless as all the other stuff you listed. Why not get some rivens for forgotten weapons and then roll those for your OWN pleasure? You know there are tons of weapons in the game and not all of them (surprise, surprise) has a crappy disposition.

Geez, you can just simply enjoy the gameplay of Warframe, playing with your friends and having fun. You don't need to have the best rivens or tens of thousands of platinum to enjoy game.

And I'm saying this all as a veteran player with ~3.5k hours played.

Making plat is not useless. You stock up on plat in preparation for a future update to buy whatever you need (deluxe packs, weapon bundles, warframes, etc). And yeah, if you'd like you can reroll rivens just to use yourself. That's fun too. I do that with Silva & Aegis.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jackal_Off said:

Making plat is not useless. You stock up on plat in preparation for a future update to buy whatever you need (deluxe packs, weapon bundles, warframes, etc). And yeah, if you'd like you can reroll rivens just to use yourself. That's fun too. I do that with Silva & Aegis.

Oh my gosh. So you just buy everything whenever stuff is released and then whine that there is nothing for you to do? 😄

No wonder you get bored when you focus solely on trading rivens and then use the excess platinum to skip actually playing the game. What's the point even playing then? You are just digging your own grave.

• Applause 2

1 minute ago, Judqment8 said:

Oh my gosh. So you just buy everything whenever stuff is released and then whine that there is nothing for you to do? 😄

No wonder you get bored when you focus solely on trading rivens and then use the excess platinum to skip actually playing the game. What's the point even playing then? You are just digging your own grave.

Why are you getting offended from how I play the game?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jackal_Off said:

Why are you getting offended from how I play the game?

I'm not. You are the one complaining over an issue that you are doing to yourself.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. Just adapt to the market and you can still dig your platinum from somewhere if that's what you fancy.

Akjagara? Stradavar? Is anybody useing those wepons? Nerf for those two wepons, why?

Aren't Riven dispositions based on how much the weapons are used by the community?  If so, i don't understand why people don't get how the most used (meta) stuff gets a nerf, based on such a system.  Am I understanding the riven system correctly, in this regard?  

On 2019-07-05 at 10:55 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Vectis: 0.8->0.85

Wait why is this red i thought it went up?

People please. Take a breath. These are changes to RIVENS, not the guns themselves. People act like their guns got nerfed. A decent weapon shouldn't need a riven to be enjoyable or even usable. I have several Rivens and use them in some builds, but this is the unfortunate problem with rivens. People act like they are a requirement for some weapons. And if that is the case then that means the weapon probably deserves a buff, but if that weapon actually gets a buff then it's pretty much a requirement that the riven disposition for said weapon needs to come down. Eh, just my two cents anyway. Carry on.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ShadowMajick said:

People please. Take a breath. These are changes to RIVENS, not the guns themselves. People act like their guns got nerfed. A decent weapon shouldn't need a riven to be enjoyable or even usable. I have several Rivens and use them in some builds, but this is the unfortunate problem with rivens. People act like they are a requirement for some weapons. And if that is the case then that means the weapon probably deserves a buff, but if that weapon actually gets a buff then it's pretty much a requirement that the riven disposition for said weapon needs to come down. Eh, just my two cents anyway. Carry on.

Behave like that because their so called "goodly" rivens just got value nerf, nothing else

Edited by Myscho

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

This is the problem with being bias, all you see is 'nerfs' even though this is what the riven system was supposed to be from the start and it's dependant on usage...
There is 28 Buffs vs 21 Nerfs... Yet in your inclination to always see negative things you ignore that fact to make a biased comment. 

Oh no, the way overpowered low level weapon without a riven, had a slight decrease in power to its riven.. talk about a first world problem, I doubt you'll even notice the difference.

0.85 to 0.75 is not a slight change.

Rip all the forgotten UP weps not getting a buff, and all the good weps getting a nerf.

I hope you are proud DE. Burst no longer is 100% crit chance firing up to 9 rounds. (I'm fine with it, it's still a beast.)

unknown.png

Christ, once more instead of bringing weapons up, they pour on the nerfs. Months worth of time spent farming kuva to get a good riven, thrown down the drain in one afternoon.
And right on the heels of the best tennocon to date.
God damn it guys.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Supra: 0.85->0.8

I KNEW IT that's why i sold my supra riven. i told everyone they would decrease it even more lol

and that was  good riven.  crit + ms + dmg 

however now that i think of it. i should had probably gotten a ms + dmg + elemental... hm