Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

11 minutes ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

so what happened to not changing already owned rivens?? cuz im pretty sure my catch moon riven is weaker now

Far as I recall, that was never a thing—already owned rivens weren’t protected. 

1 hour ago, srpo said:

Akjagara? Stradavar? Is anybody useing those wepons? Nerf for those two wepons, why?

IDK about Akjagara, I don't have a riven for it but it shreds everything without a riven. Stradavar is one of the best, if not the best, for viral/slash with Hunter munitions on full auto. I have a riven with +CC,+Cold,-recoil, and -damage to infested. This is a great riven because it frees the slot for Vile Acceleration to bump up fire rate and -recoil is major quality of life improvement making it essentially a long range, pinpoint accurate auto sniper. So, the critical chance on the build dropped from 103% down to 97%. It has no measurable impact on TTK nor on value or number of crits, so basically the nerf is not noticeable. I don't see Akjagara but Stradavar-P is quite common in lobbies and is put to good use which is a good thing. Anything that does not have Ignis or kitguns is good.

3 hours ago, Mez999 said:

Thank you for the thread, DE, it’s enjoyable reading through the comments. Some good criticism but a large part is people complaining that they’ve spent hundreds of hours trying to squeeze every last drop of plat out of the game by cornering a market, only to realise that their profit margins on some items have now been slashed. If your only purpose in the game is to farm Kuva for riven rolling then it may be time to explore taking a break!

It's the people who buy rivens to use that are getting screwed when the disposition gets nerfed.

Anyone trading in rivens knew more nerfs were coming and have sold any meta rivens they have.

11 hours ago, VolatileAcidity said:

Well that was my point. Lots of people, including me, aren't happy about these nerfs. Ah, sorry, balances.

DE: We don't call then nerfs, we call it strategic balancing.

Us: It's nerfs.

If they keep doing this, I'm probably just going to give this game up. All I wanted to was to power my way to the riven late game, but they destroyed that too. Now we have to deal with the scams "God Tier Rivens" and fashion frame "endgame", both of which are cash cows. Disgusting.

Upside is, PSO2 is coming to NA next year. I'll probably drop Warframe for good once it does. In fact, I might just drop it now and start on the Japanese servers...

God tier rivens do not exist, its just a label people use to sell overpriced riven garbage that gets Nerfed into the ground

all my guns, every one i used had their rivens nerfed 2-3 times already

i hate it, the grind you go through for kuva to even upgrade a riven, then finnally get that sweet set of stats

to later get nerfed into the ground, its just stupid. the chance of getting the riven you actually want is 1/[weapon amount[

now warframe has like 500+ weapons, and so getting the riven for your exact weapon, then the right stats is frustrating

to then see your 1.1 riven go to 0.9 then 0.6 

12 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

3x over is not THAT strange tbh. that is due to a restriction DE made to themselves where a riven cant go down more then 0.6. So if from the start point a weapon needs a 0.6-0.75 drop yiu are going to need r nerf rounds. in some cases even more like with weapons that are far from their originally planned point due to the release of a extremely strong prime version or a wrong base stat that got set at neutral while in actuality with power it would normally be close to a 0.5.

So multiple nerfs is not that weird. The alternative would be a major nerf all at once but that would be way prone to excessive nerfing while steps make it easier to pinpoint a end number with out aving to do a buff <> nerf zigzag.

Ignis was 0.6 to 0.55 now so they dont care about lowering it to 0.5, which is basically useless

why cant weapons just get relics? -Arcanes for all weapons that boost their base stats by a %

Like +15% base damage to the weapons base stats, and it is not counting after or with mods but before them

Weapon Arcanes should exist as a way to increase a weapons Base strength, and this would be before mods

What if all weapons could have 2 of these Weapon arcanes. [Stat Enhancers]

They apply their bonus to the base stats then you apply mod bonuses. basically a 22 slash damage weapon gets a +10% bonus 

and it becomes a 24.2 slash damage weapon, then apply the mod bonus. 

it would be nice to have something like this in Warframe, to bolster any weapon 

1 hour ago, Rogunz said:

It's the people who buy rivens to use that are getting screwed when the disposition gets nerfed.

Anyone trading in rivens knew more nerfs were coming and have sold any meta rivens they have.

What about people like me spending hundreds of hours in kuva survival to roll their own rivens that's never for sell but personal use? 

I got my first dispo nerf after 4 months of playing (April 2019) when I was already way past any regular content and grinded kuva and rivens pretty hard, it killed a big part of interest for me and my playtime, but I still had something going. Now 3 more months of mostly occasional playing I literally have no content, no challenge, and no incentive to grind for rivens. It's a really bad system that at least was offering some goals to accomplish, but with how devs are just S#&amp;&#036;ting other player's efforts to reach those almost non-existent goals it's just not justifiable to keep it silent. I personally don't care about rivens anymore and don't need them to do 2 hour solo arbitration, but how it's handled is a big #*!% YOU to the players. The whole riven system is broken in the first place and the way dispos are changed only makes it worse. Just get rid of rivens at all if you can't build and maintain a healthy ecosystem.

59 minutes ago, Rogunz said:

xQeAdjY.png

So now I will fight Eidolons with a Ballistica slash build and pray to Clem in 1 hour I will kill him. I have some rivens I will put them up for sale giving up on Warframe to upset about this nonsense. Farming all that kuva and re rolling MY PERSONAL rivens isnt enjoyable one bit.

On 2019-07-05 at 8:55 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Hail Tenno!

Our next wave of regular Riven disposition changes has arrived to all platforms, along with Wukong Prime access. A full breakdown of changes can be found below:

Primaries: 

Reveal hidden contents

Boltor: 0.95->1.05
Braton: 1.1->1.2
Cernos: 1.1->1.15
Dread: 1.1->1.2

Glaxion: 1.35->1.25
Gorgon: 1.4->1.3

Hek: 0.85->0.95
Hema: 1.2->1.25

Ignis: 0.6->0.55
Lanka: 0.85->0.8

Nagantaka: 1.05->1.1
Opticor: 1.15->1.05
Paris: 1.2->1.3
Quanta: 1.1->1.25

Rubico: 0.8->0.7
Simulor: 0.85->1
Soma: 0.75->0.85

Stradavar: 1.15->1
Supra: 0.85->0.8

Sybaris: 1->1.05
Tetra: 1.5->1.45
Tiberon: 1.1->0.95

Tigris: 0.5->0.55
Tonkor: 0.95->1.15

Vectis: 0.8->0.85
Veldt: 1.2->1.25

Secondaries:

Reveal hidden contents

Akjagara: 1.25->1.05
Aklex: 0.85->0.8

Brakk: 1.1->1.2
Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6
Cycron: 1.1->1.15
Embolist: 1.45->1.4
Gammacor: 0.8->0.9
Hikou: 0.95->1.05
Lex: 0.7->0.9
Marelok: 0.8->0.9
Pandero: 0.95->1

Pyrana: 0.8->0.7
Rattleguts: 0.9->0.8
Sicarus: 1.15->1.1

Sonicor: 0.8->0.9
Spira: 1->1.1

Tombfinger: 0.85->0.75
Twin Grakatas: 1->1.05
Twin Gremlins: 1.3->1.2
Twin Rogga: 1.2->1.25
Viper: 1.45->1.35
Zylok: 1.15->1.25

When comparing these adjustments with our last set of changes from April, you’ll notice fewer weapons were affected, and changes are generally less drastic. With our internal power rankings in place, and multiple sets of Disposition changes behind us, this trend should continue in the future!

Work is still in progress on the upcoming Melee 3.0 rework, so melee weapon disposition changes will have to wait until those are complete. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thanks everyone - see you next time!

What about melee?

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

What about melee?

DE refuses to touch melee until their so called full 3.0 melee appears.

And so I continue to cry in my inferior Galatine riven while my friend swings his Gram around. Although the Gram is way more popular that the Galatine P.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Judqment8:

Also we got new content at the same time DE readjusted the rivens. We got both Wukong Prime access and the Nightwave season 2. You are just whining over nothing.

A different looking frame that has been in the game for like three years, and a bit of grind for cosmetics. Debatable. 

Its not like a new game mode, level, weapon. 

And uh, I don't see how "not going after meta weapons" will solve the riven nerfing problem. 

The meta shifts with the riven dispo. 

They nerf this, they buff that. The meta shifts. All of a sudden you have a op weapon all over again, which needs nerfing. 

3 hours ago, Jackal_Off said:

You already have max MR. You already have all weapons/warframes maxed. You don't need resources. You don't need to farm any mods. You don't need to head to fortuna or plains for anything. You have all the credits you need. What else is there to do?

Make plat, or get a godly riven. You do that by kuva farming & rerolling rivens. Or you can just play the market the whole time.

What is there to do? Refine builds, try something different, you have like 40 frames to screw around with, the augments nobody uses because they are seen as inferior to raw damage output, use them, most of them are actually pretty interesting, and given that your actual damage output is OP no matter what you do, you can enhance the interest and functionality of equipment, because frankly getting extra damage when you already walk through everything below level 100 is like RGB lighting for your RAM... do you need it? No you just want to show off meaningless numbers...
And plat is useless as someone else said, I've had 4K for like 8 months because there is nothing to buy, I have like 27K worth of stuff to sell, but why bother when I can't eve use what I have now?

Grinding for Kuva endlessly for minimal upgrades you don't need is the best way to find a boring task to burn out on, and for what? SO I can kill everything at the same speed it already dies? You need to think a little bit deeper on what there is to do and not just make pointless raw damage the only thing you focus on.

8 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

DE refuses to touch melee until their so called full 3.0 melee appears.

And so I continue to cry in my inferior Galatine riven while my friend swings his Gram around. Although the Gram is way more popular that the Galatine P.

My nikana riven is suffering as well

Can you guys please stop nerfing things based on popularity? That philosophy is arguably the most dense thing I've ever heard.

"Players enjoy this and are engaging with it so let's nerf it until it's not good anymore."

Seriously just repeat that to yourself over and over, you'll realize how quickly it starts to sound ridiculous. I want to come back to this game after a few months away only to find that I've easily lost about 4000 platinum (ya, know, only $100 bucks) worth of value in my riven collection, and that my favorite weapons like the Ignis Wraith, the Tiberon Prime, the Pyrana Prime, and the Akjagara Prime have been nerfed into the dirt.

STOP. DOING. THIS.

8 minutes ago, Greavy said:

My poor rubiko, it wasn't even the best rolls just crit and toxin with negative reload speed and they still ran it to the ground. Screw this game 😞

Same here, I really wanted a good catchmoon riven for my own use. I like catchmoon "just" because it feels like an arca plasmor. I did 150 rolls which took me months to accomplish, and the best stat I got is CC Electricity -Impact lol. And yeah even that is nerfed to the ground now. 

I am terrified of putting any more effort on rivens because they might just be worthless anytime.

On 2019-07-05 at 12:55 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Hail Tenno!

Our next wave of regular Riven disposition changes has arrived to all platforms, along with Wukong Prime access. A full breakdown of changes can be found below:

Primaries: 

Reveal hidden contents

Boltor: 0.95->1.05
Braton: 1.1->1.2
Cernos: 1.1->1.15
Dread: 1.1->1.2

Glaxion: 1.35->1.25
Gorgon: 1.4->1.3

Hek: 0.85->0.95
Hema: 1.2->1.25

Ignis: 0.6->0.55
Lanka: 0.85->0.8

Nagantaka: 1.05->1.1
Opticor: 1.15->1.05
Paris: 1.2->1.3
Quanta: 1.1->1.25

Rubico: 0.8->0.7
Simulor: 0.85->1
Soma: 0.75->0.85

Stradavar: 1.15->1
Supra: 0.85->0.8

Sybaris: 1->1.05
Tetra: 1.5->1.45
Tiberon: 1.1->0.95

Tigris: 0.5->0.55
Tonkor: 0.95->1.15

Vectis: 0.8->0.85
Veldt: 1.2->1.25

Secondaries:

Reveal hidden contents

Akjagara: 1.25->1.05
Aklex: 0.85->0.8

Brakk: 1.1->1.2
Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6
Cycron: 1.1->1.15
Embolist: 1.45->1.4
Gammacor: 0.8->0.9
Hikou: 0.95->1.05
Lex: 0.7->0.9
Marelok: 0.8->0.9
Pandero: 0.95->1

Pyrana: 0.8->0.7
Rattleguts: 0.9->0.8
Sicarus: 1.15->1.1

Sonicor: 0.8->0.9
Spira: 1->1.1

Tombfinger: 0.85->0.75
Twin Grakatas: 1->1.05
Twin Gremlins: 1.3->1.2
Twin Rogga: 1.2->1.25
Viper: 1.45->1.35
Zylok: 1.15->1.25

When comparing these adjustments with our last set of changes from April, you’ll notice fewer weapons were affected, and changes are generally less drastic. With our internal power rankings in place, and multiple sets of Disposition changes behind us, this trend should continue in the future!

Work is still in progress on the upcoming Melee 3.0 rework, so melee weapon disposition changes will have to wait until those are complete. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thanks everyone - see you next time!

Great, let's nerfer Viper because a lot of people play with her, but let's buff the hek since there are few beginners using it right?

Il y a 1 heure, Rogunz a dit :

Knowing that every single meta (overpowered weapons with high disposition) is gonna be nerfed at some point isn't rocket science. No one gets screwed if they're buying riven at decent prices, and tbh who cares about others ? DE isn't responsible if players are doing anything with their plats.

No one needed rivens for many recent prime weapons in the first place so whining because disposition got nerfed is really sad - And if it's only about the huge amount of plats they've lost in the process, well maybe what they bought was overpriced. People aren't smart but still eager to complain - What a lack of maturity.

Warframe is about playing space ninjas, not some kind of virtual currency investment simulator.

DE, CONSIDER ONLY CHANGING DAMAGE STATS ON RIVEN DISPOSITIONS:

Base Damage
Cold Damage
Critical Damage
Damage vs Corpus
Damage vs Infested
Damage vs Grineer
Electric Damage
Fire Rate/Attack Speed
Heat Damage
Impact Damage
Multishot
Puncture Damage
Slash Damage
Toxin Damage
Channeling Damage
Finisher Damage

OPTIONALLY CONSIDER CHANGING CHANCE STATS on RIVEN DISPOSITIONS:

Critical Chance / on slide attack
Status Chance

RECONSIDER NOT CHANGING UTILITY ORIENTED STATS on RIVEN DISPOSITIONS:

Flight / Projectile Speed / Range
Magazine Capacity
Reload Speed
Punch Through
Status Duration
Channeling Efficiency
Combo Duration

I'm actually glad to see this come out of the blue and hit like a blind siding truck because it drives home the point that I should not be wasting time ( farming kuva) AND plat (buying resource boosters), because it's all subject to change on any given login.  

This game has a funny way of encouraging people to NOT spend money on their add ons and NOT to spend additional time IN the game.  I mean, I can play a causal hour and be happy.  I can play 5-6 hours, mainly Fri ding the heck out of kuva farms to get those elite riven stats....but then lose it all on any given day.  Really tells me to just shut up and play with their basic, can illa pea shooters, and give up any dreams of being  rewarded for spending time in the game and money on their products.  

Archived