[DE]Connor

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

DE: “We won’t be touching Kohm rivens because we realize people have spent large amounts of platinum and a certain stat is necessary or it would make....blah blah...”

Me: “Spends 7K on a Vectis riven”

DE: *Nerfs Vectis Rivens*

This is absolutely ridiculous and dumb. There are a lot more weapons than the Kohm that need certain stats on a riven to be worthwhile. Yet you grant the Kohm immunity to riven nerfs when it’s literally among the most used weapons. Then you nerf snipers that literally ONLY see use in the plains.....

THEN YOU HAVE CRAP LIKE GRAM PRIME STILL at a FULL riven disposition!!!!!??????

If this is how you guys are going to “balance” rivens just ****in remove them. Rivens should be balanced according to the weapons themselves, and I’m sure y’all know that but changing random weapons rivens is easier to do right? You people are ridiculous when it comes to rivens. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Q 2 K O said:

THEN YOU HAVE CRAP LIKE GRAM PRIME STILL at a FULL riven disposition!!!!!??????

Maybe you didn't see, but they are waiting to adjust melee riven until melee 3.0.

Catchmoon and pyrana rivens are trash now. I basically replaced them with magnum force.

They weren't godlike pre nerf but they were decent. Catchmoon got nerfed twice in a row lmao. Still pretty OP tho.

Some of the buffs I like are : Paris, Dread, Sybaris, Cernos and Quanta. They are barely noticable tho.

Lex seems to have gotten a buff, but it still feels mediocre.. Aklex nerf is a bummer.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kleidon said:

Quit butchering my Pyrana. It's not even that good anymore!

Pyrana is a beast without a riven.  Just saying.

• Upvote 1

These changes seem to ensure that rivens become worthless for almost every decent weapon in the game... this whole disposition system seems unnecessary, why not just set all of them to the same disposition and tweak those that seem overpowered manually rather than by how many people use them? Some of these drops in dispositions are hitting weapons that weren't overpowered to begin with. At least they left the strun wraith alone.. for some reason few people seem to use it, thank god. 

• Like 2

If you're going to nerf our rivens, at least do something like giving 6000 kuva for every riven we own that got nerfed, instead of making the time and plat spent getting these rivens pointless.

• Upvote 4

So riven "balance" equates to [OH Hey people are using this gun, - 1.0] Nerf.

And [Oh hey, nobody, not a single person uses this one, +0.05]

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

These are nerfs to plat exchanges and less about popularity 

What's the point of Lanka nerf again, who uses it outside of eidolons? And the people who run eidolons have been primarily using rubico since it's release.

porque não então equilibrado os farmes de kuvas então?

porque não matem equilibrado os farmes de kuvas então ? sempre que nerfarem coloquem uma semana de dobro de farme kuvas  !? esse jogo infelizmente é  o unico que  nao se pode reclamar de nada e se contentar com as percas de tempo farmando .. 

para não haver reclamações recomendo não usar mais rivens  pelo fato de não compensação ou devolução de seus farmes gastados em Rolls !

e já dizendo podem me detonar , pois vida perfeita é  apos a morte !

translate :

why not kuvas farmes balanced then? whenever nerfarem put a double week of farme kuvas!? this game is unfortunately the only one that can not complain about anything and settle for the time wasted on the farm ..

so there are no complaints I recommend not to use more rivens for the fact of not compensating or returning your used farmhouses in Rolls!

and already saying can detonate me, because perfect life is after death!

sempre que nerfarem coloquem uma semana de dobro de farme kuvas !? Você não pode se recuperar de nada e se contentar com percas de tempo farmando .. 

para não ter recuperações recomendo não usar mais rivens pelo fato de não carregar ou devolver os seus farmes gastados em Rolls!

e já dizendo may me detonar, pois a vida é perfeita a morte!

traduzir :

por que não faz kuvas farmes equilibrou então? sempre nerfantar uma semana dupla de farme kuvas!? Este jogo é, infelizmente, o único que não pode se recuperar de nada e se contentar com o tempo perdido na fazenda ..

Por que, não há queixas eu recomendo não usar mais rivens para o fato de não compensar ou ser de suas fazendas dos Rolls!

e já dizendo pode me detonar, porque a vida é depois da morte!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NytemareRhosyn said:

so what happened to not changing already owned rivens?? cuz im pretty sure my catch moon riven is weaker now

They never said they would make any rivens exempt to the changes...

Not cool with these Riven changes.

I have very little time during the week to play. I finally got around last weekend to play after months of just logging in, got to unveil and trade some sweet Rivens

and forma their weapons.

My catchmoon riven, while not godtier or whatevs, really made me happy. Now? I feel all that effort was for naught.

I didn't want or expect to roll over all the content with those rivens, but I wanted to have fun with the guns and the sweet stats the rivens provided, be satisfied with the red crits, rate of fire, etc. To feel that the time wasted farmiing kuva was not in vain.

Why do you insist in introducing weapons, modular or not, giving players the chance to min-max, to try combinations, and feel like a damn space ninja, if you reapeatedly

take away all the fun, and punish the time invested (and the good/bad luck strikes) with these nerfs and disposition changes?

Why even have Rivens in the first place then?!

I mean, I know the Stradavar is not a meta weapon, but I have fun with it, I was lucky to unveil a riven for it and roll it to decent stats! And now, for some unknown reason,

the disposition got changed, and my "decent" riven is now "so-so" bordering on "why-even-bother".

Truly dissapointing, and it stings even further that these changes came post Tennocon bliss.

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 3

Dearest DE,

I get it. This game has a million avenues of damage that we as the gamer can do. In the effort to "balance" things it can be easier to take away instead of give. The method, the means by which you determine what gets nerfed being based on "popularity" is, in my opinion at least, flawed.

You made this game that we love, and gave us these weapons and mods and all sorts of things that we love, and then actively work towards taking away the things we love about those weapons. Why not instead increase the damage or firerate or range of the less popular weapons? Why not improve the items that we use less until we find other weapons to love in addition to what we already treasure so much now?

Balance shouldn't be the overarching theme. If you give us enough options it will balance itself, as when there are enough options the meta disappears, and we can use other weapons that we may enjoy more if only they did more. I love this game. You gave me the means to feel like a bada$$ space ninja robot and it feels the best when I cut a swath through a massive horde of enemies.

I put in the time. I put in the grind to get the mods and haggled the platinum and spent hours and hours applying forma, let me be efficient at killing and use the tools I have grown to adore. We don't want balance, we want to have a good time and know that the result of all that grindy work is a gun that will do the job and do it well. If you make that gun worse then what is my incentive to keep grinding? Why would I buy plat to buy rivens knowing that in three months it is going to be useless?

Make the other tools better so that we can use them too. If you want to increase difficulty, throw more bad guys at us. Make the Stalker a face to fear. Send the Wolf after me again, but please, stop making me less inclined to use the tools and mods I have spent so long fine-tuning. If you made the less "popular" options better, then those rivens will increase in price, and more plat sales wouldn't hurt either.

• Like 5

can you please leave the f$%^ing Snipers alone

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Oh no, the way overpowered low level weapon without a riven, had a slight decrease in power to its riven.. talk about a first world problem, I doubt you'll even notice the difference.

the immediate difference. No, I don't notice it. But almost every single update they drop it by 0.1 disposition. I'm fine with them nerfing it once cause it's expected and understandable, but it's been nerfed 3 times at least now

• Upvote 1

Hopefully people will wise up and stop paying out the ass for rivens being that the bonuses are never going to remain static.

Rivens in general are a huge problem. Augments and amalgam mods are much more interesting imo. Riven rolling should have an option to lock at least one stat on reroll to kill the artificial scarcity on rare rolls. Or just roll random stats on set stats, defined by digital extremes on a per weapon basis. Then maybe we could see them getting factored in to the game balance instead of existing specifically to break the game.

• Like 1

You keep nerfing the kitguns and theyll soon become pure garbage. Bet catchmoon is pretty useless now in high levels. Have a perfect rattleguts and before the 1st nerf it was just good. One more nerf and itll deff be useless. 

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

the immediate difference. No, I don't notice it. But almost every single update they drop it by 0.1 disposition. I'm fine with them nerfing it once cause it's expected and understandable, but it's been nerfed 3 times at least now

And yet, it remains so OP it's not even funny...

You should atleast refund some kuva for the rivens we own that got nerfed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hunger4ungeR said:

You keep nerfing the kitguns and theyll soon become pure garbage. Bet catchmoon is pretty useless now in high levels. Have a perfect rattleguts and before the 1st nerf it was just good. One more nerf and itll deff be useless. 

But they aren't nerfing kitguns... Kitguns are still the strongest weapons, even without a riven. They nerfed the rivens, not the gun itself.

Either way, I think buffing the actual garbage weapons is a better alternative instead of forcing players to get rivens for trash weapons. A waste of Kuva and time trying to make a non-meta weapon good enough to compete, and these rivens are also subject to change. Rivens should never have existed to begin with, or at least shouldn't be tradable and should keep permanent stats. But instead of buffing weapons, changing 1 line of code is much easier than changing many. Lazy programming at its finest.

• Like 1