Jump to content
[DE]Connor

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

Recommended Posts

Just now, JawNuts said:

You should atleast refund some kuva for the rivens we own that got nerfed.

No, it has been known for a while that this was the system, and even more so that this happens with every prime release now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

No, it has been known for a while that this was the system, and even more so that this happens with every prime release now.

Why not? Don't want free Kuva? It's like when they reworked Wukong and gave us free formas. We all know that frames gets reworked once in a while, but they still gave the formas.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JawNuts said:

Why not? Don't want free Kuva? It's like when they reworked Wukong and gave us free formas. We all know that frames gets reworked once in a while, but they still gave the formas.

False equivalency, are you going to ask for Kuva every 3 months now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

False equivalency, are you going to ask for Kuva every 3 months now?

I don't really see why It's 'False equivalency'. They did a rework and we got a refund. Heck, I didn't even spend any forma on my Wukong prior to the rework.

And why not? We ask for all sorta stuff from DE. Whats a little bit of Kuva for all the efforts we made that end up being worthless?

It would atleast make the butthurt people 1% happier. Don't get why people are so opposed of getting a bit of free stuff. It's already a free to play game anyway.

Edited by JawNuts
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JawNuts said:

I don't really see why It's 'False equivalency'. They did a rework and we got a refund. Heck, I didn't even spend any forma on my Wukong prior to the rework.

And why not? We ask for all sorta stuff from DE. Whats a little bit of Kuva for all the efforts we made that end up being worthless?

It would atleast make the butthurt people 1% happier. Don't get why people are so opposed of getting a bit of free stuff. It's already a free to play game anyway.

"worthless"... it's like dealing with children....

And how would the logistics do with this kuva refund, should they remove kuva for a buff as well? WFs were designed to remain as they are, so when a change happens that is not part of the concept that was provided... Rivens on the other hand have always been a way of altering the usefulness of weapons given their use and general power, that was the idea and that is what you signed up for in using them, which is why you should not get anything for them being slightly altered now....

worthless... the hyperbole remains strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only person who should be allowed to make riven changes is Pablo, because clearly he's the only one who plays the game you're making. I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed, because some of the things you do are so awesome and some are just so out of touch it makes us all wonder what you're smoking (and I'm from Canada, so I have a good idea...).

If or when the melee changes are finalized and they get started on riven nerfs there, oh Lord the salt will flow.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carnage2K4 said:

"worthless"... it's like dealing with children....

And how would the logistics do with this kuva refund, should they remove kuva for a buff as well? WFs were designed to remain as they are, so when a change happens that is not part of the concept that was provided... Rivens on the other hand have always been a way of altering the usefulness of weapons given their use and general power, that was the idea and that is what you signed up for in using them, which is why you should not get anything for them being slightly altered now....

worthless... the hyperbole remains strong.

Logistics wouldn't be that hard. I bet DE could come up with a fair refund/reward. Let's say they give us a single free roll for each of our rivens that got nerfed. And lets say they cap this at 5 rivens. Easy.

The whole game keeps changing and that includes WFs, That's part of the reason why it's still in beta.. I don't believe WFs are designed to never be reworked. Like rivens. DE does a balance pass and buff/nerf the WFs they deem needs a rework. 

And yes, efforts farming kuva would be worthless if normal mods end up beating out the riven you earned.  

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, VolatileAcidity said:

But they aren't nerfing kitguns... Kitguns are still the strongest weapons, even without a riven. They nerfed the rivens, not the gun itself.

Either way, I think buffing the actual garbage weapons is a better alternative instead of forcing players to get rivens for trash weapons. A waste of Kuva and time trying to make a non-meta weapon good enough to compete, and these rivens are also subject to change. Rivens should never have existed to begin with, or at least shouldn't be tradable and should keep permanent stats. But instead of buffing weapons, changing 1 line of code is much easier than changing many. Lazy programming at its finest.

I actually agree. But Idk if Id say kitguns are the strongest weapons. Theyre deff good but I have cc, ms, tox with -impact on both tombfinger and rattleguts. Ill tell you right now Im not bothered by tombfinger dispo changes because it was really strong. The splash dmg alone is huge. But rattleguts wasnt. It was great and a ton of fun but I could FEEL it start to struggle hard when youd hit an hour+. Tombfinger would still shred. But catchmoon already struggled at those levels. Now idek if itll be flood viable. Just sad. I dont understand nerfing anything in a pve game unless its actually game breaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Hunger4ungeR said:

I actually agree. But Idk if Id say kitguns are the strongest weapons. Theyre deff good but I have cc, ms, tox with -impact on both tombfinger and rattleguts. Ill tell you right now Im not bothered by tombfinger dispo changes because it was really strong. The splash dmg alone is huge. But rattleguts wasnt. It was great and a ton of fun but I could FEEL it start to struggle hard when youd hit an hour+. Tombfinger would still shred. But catchmoon already struggled at those levels. Now idek if itll be flood viable. Just sad. I dont understand nerfing anything in a pve game unless its actually game breaking.

Stats alone show that Catchmoon without a riven will out-damage an arca plasmor without a riven due to damage mods for pistols being better.

Rattleguts similarly has higher damage than another top tier weapon, Tiberon Prime. Tombfinger also has very high damage. These weapons will continue to be top tier even without a riven.

Also, 1 hour + doesn't say much, levels do. 1 Hour in Kuva survival, my Rattleguts still performs just fine, and outperforms nearly all my other secondaries. Catchmoon falls off, but so do many other weapons. They are top tier, that much cannot be denied.

I agree, nerfing weapons (rivens) meant for PVE doesn't make sense, and rivens won't go away because it is a constant source of income for DE. All it means is the next "OP" rivens will just cycle to the newly buffed rivens. Simple as that. It's just a cruel cycle that spits in the faces of veterans who want to achieve that end-game power fantasy. If you're concerned about rivens/endgame for Warframe, I recommend just putting the game down, play something else for a while until either an "endgame" exists, or rivens are gone.

Rivens don't belong in Warframe, and with them being nerfed, I find them no better than lootboxes. While they don't directly cost money, it definitely abuses the fact that people want to hit higher numbers, and people WILL spend money to get them. At least with lootboxes, people keep what they get without it being modified. But hey, what can ya do. Just accept the fact that Warframe is still in "beta" and that any rivens you get can turn out to be worthless in 6 months.

Edited by VolatileAcidity
Clarified nerfed weapons to nerfed rivens
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-07 at 5:53 AM, bibmobello said:

Rivens are a bonus, you are not forced to buy, use or roll them but people are too vain to lose an occasion to deal more damage.

Mods are a bonus, you are not forced to use them.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tigris needed a buff huh? thanks for the 200% multishot I guess. 

 

unknown.png

Edited by Fire2box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-06 at 4:32 PM, Kitsune5603 said:

Can you people stop complaining about riven nerfs when the clear issue is that the weapons were too OP with rivens? Its meant to keep the game balanced, not give OP weapons even more OP builds smh

embolist op? Im dying don't do broad strokes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Caliboom said:

If you're going to nerf our rivens, at least do something like giving 6000 kuva for every riven we own that got nerfed, instead of making the time and plat spent getting these rivens pointless.

100% Agreed.

Why are certain rivens getting trashed when we've invested thousands of Kuva(I have some 10+ rolls that got nerfed) and endo without any compensation ?

Nerfing rivens shouldn't be a thing in the first place(at least to the extend that they are utter trash)  but even if we are going down that road, at least we should be compensated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-07-07 at 2:33 AM, footlongturkey said:

Thanks DE, so my godly catchmoon and Pyrana rivens have now been stomped on. Also why did the gorgon get a nerf - it wasnt used that much surely

I expected Catchmoon rivens plummet to the ground, so I didn't even bother looking for them. Well, I don't bother looking for specific rivens at all, but this one I'd sell on sight for exactly this reason. No reason to invest absurd amount of time into things which won't last and it were dead obvious that these won't last at all since this portable fek-all device is tremendously powerful without any rivens at all.

Regarding Gorgon... have you ever seen Prisma Gorgon? Besides, it's surprisingly good weapon to deal with Plague Star boss. No wonder it got popularity spike and rivens got nerfed a bit due to this. I expect it to return back in the next rivens updage or in the following after it.Technically Pyrana and Rattleguts may rebound a bit as well since they got popularity spike for the same reason. Not sure, though.

On 2019-07-07 at 2:31 AM, ReversalBlade said:

Wow, how low can this go.

Straight to 0.5 and in some rare cases even a little bit below I guess. With how popular Ignis Wraith is I not surprised at all. Why anyone even bother acquiring a riven for it anyway?

On 2019-07-07 at 2:33 AM, Abysspurnyan said:

To me it seems that they really need to review on what base they apply these changes, weapon popularity should only be the last thing to take into account.

Both snipers with prime versions get nerfed once again along with lanka... wait, vectis get a nerf or not?
Is red yet the number's higher.

I think they are not happy that people still one-shot Eidolons with these. Besides now we have Velocitus which does pretty much the same. Yes, the archgun.

On 2019-07-07 at 2:38 AM, -----.__.G.O.D.__.----- said:

And the winner of the nerfing competition goes to Sicarus
1.45 -> 1.1

It's 1.15 -> 1.1. Why it lost even that 0.05 is quite surprising, though. Sicarus Prime is nice, but not _that_ nice. Apparently it is, though.

Edited by lainverse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the fact that snipers got nerfed again is pathetic.  If you don't want Eidolons one shot, change the mechanics of the fight.  Dont make it so there is no point in taking snipers on regular missions  - there is enough mindless aimless spray-n-pray as it is.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-07 at 6:52 AM, Airwolfen said:

And buffs... Yeah lets ignore those right.

Yes buffs on joke weapons also those *buffs* that you seem to like so much are quite small.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This nerf needed to be because we CAN kill Eidolons per "one shoot"?! I'm sorry, DE, but are you crazy? Eidolons - stupid bots with tons of HEAL, thats all! This is not World of Warcraft or other game, where developers do something with bosses , to they besome greatest. I'm sorry, but they's is only a ugly geometric shapes, where their killing with worthless weapons was ONLY delays our time! For what this nerfes?! To we donate much more money, after which lost them again, and so that we play with a weapon that is clearly created under a drug addiction?! Nerfs in PVE... Nerfs in PVE...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To make riven system work better and don't get all the hate because of disposition nerfs, DE should just either add another 0 to any kuva number gain, or make cap reroll price 500 or smth. Current amounts of kuva people get is just pathetic, you must spend days or even weeks killing your brain cells on survival to make few rerolls, which most likely will change nothing, since your riven won't get any better than "sell it for endo". Overall good rolls are happening very rare, you can actually farm other stuff for platinum with better efficiency and just buy whatever riven you want from the market.

Or they can just leave current rivens untouched. If it requires to run extra server — then f***ing do it, DE, you're making absurd profit from your game and for some reason can't buy additional server to store riven data.

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, players complaining and stating they will quit the game because the one shot kill weapons still one shot but with slighly lower numbers, or that the weapon now reloads 0.1s slower

I mean, i understand, how can someone even play with less 2% status chance or having to reload 0.1s slower, i mean the game does indeed become unplayable.

My sugestion, quit the game and leave those that can overcome those monumental taks to keep playing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KIREEK said:

Ah yes, players complaining and stating they will quit the game because the one shot kill weapons still one shot but with slighly lower numbers, or that the weapon now reloads 0.1s slower

I mean, i understand, how can someone even play with less 2% status chance or having to reload 0.1s slower, i mean the game does indeed become unplayable.

My sugestion, quit the game and leave those that can overcome those monumental taks to keep playing.

You still dont get it do you......did you even read? 

P.S suggestion* tasks* slightly*...................No Wonder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I mean, i understand, how can someone even play with less 2% status chance

Shotgun with even 1% less status chance than 100% is literally unplayable outside the Plasmor.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lainverse said:

Regarding Gorgon... have you ever seen Prisma Gorgon? Besides, it's surprisingly good weapon to deal with Plague Star boss. No wonder it got popularity spike and rivens got nerfed a bit due to this. I expect it to return back in the next rivens updage or in the following after it.Technically Pyrana and Rattleguts may rebound a bit as well since they got popularity spike for the same reason. Not sure, though.

I used Prisma Gorgon and Pyrana Prime vs the plauge star boss and both made short work of it. But Pyrana prime was far and a away better due to it's shotgun nature, fast firerate/passive and pretty good riven (CC and 100+% base damage). Carried it since because tombfinger/catchmoon had their time in the sun for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like i said, quit.

Even if you somehow kill less 10 enemies over the course of 100 missions, i find the complain kinda worthless because the vast majority of players dont really kill enemies in missions and even if you do kill, 10 enemies won't do much of a difference.

You guys need to start improving your gameplay instead of relying on things like buffs or nerfs to determine the player quality, you are no longer on mercury, you are getting rivens so it is assumed you engage in sorties and have completed the start chart, so please, cry less, don't embarass yourselves over ridiculous changes.

I understand that some players sell rivens, but no one is telling you to change your prices, it's your responsibility to come up with one and if a change happens you can easily keep the price, DE is not to blame for lack of player responsibility, decisions or gameplay.

If i sucked as a player, my words would have litle meaning, what would i know of gameplay right? But that's not the case, i can argument pretty much anyrthing i want because i simply know better, you then either analyse my words or ignore them, i personally don't care about lost causes, it's your decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

 

If i sucked as a player, my words would have litle meaning, what would i know of gameplay right? But that's not the case, i can argument pretty much anyrthing i want because i simply know better, you then either analyse my words or ignore them, i personally don't care about lost causes, it's your decision.

I just find it odd you have 284 days of in game mission play time, are MR16 and only have Itzal and Odonata as the only used archwings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...