Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

Just now, Gruiz said:

But then, does the Platinum dissapear? It doesn't.. its simply transfered for other to use (until they use it for market item)

Many endgame players farm plat to pay for market items, all deluxe skins, all color pallets, all noogles and decorations can cost you many thousand of plats. And active players are always on boosters, I know players who are always on all 4 boosters. 

And you would be surprised to know how many people just hoard their plats .. I know someone with over 100k plat sitting idle in his account, he is very proud of it, he shows it off everywhere and never spends anything. And then, some poeple stops playing with all the plat in their account. 

5 minutes ago, freek_b said:

Could you make a list with changes if the melee rivens would be updated right now? I wanne know which weapons are safe to go with for melee 3.0

Anything popular isnt safe, actually they are sure to be nerfed to the ground. That means your gram redeemer plague zaw atterax I dont what else is popular not a melee person. 

Wel i just now thaught of this but its probably going to go by price. Search for lower dispo weapons. Their rivens are expensive and now for a 5 out of 5 dispo the change is about 1000p and lower dispo means its used more so the higher riven price the more it will be nerfed probably

And all of those weapons you listed are already good 😄

5 hours ago, The_Xtreme said:

Then why does Hek keep going up? You're going to tell me no one uses Hek? That the more people use supra(and vandal) more than Hek? That's a one good. If you seriously believe the usage base of kohm is that little enough to warrant ZERO CHANGE. DE doesn't nerf it cause they know people will not spend plat on Kohm rivens if they touch that dispo. They know they can get away with lanka and rubico(as examples), so they do.

This is just a big scheme to get people throw thousands of plat into DE's new favorite fulmin. And once the market peaked on that expect that riven's dispo to tank. This simply in the name of profit. Not balance.

What? Where did I say Kohm usage was low? You are twisting things around in so many ways.

On 2019-07-10 at 2:26 AM, kevoisvevo said:

NO, you know what you were dealing with when DE told you that riven dispo will change every 3 months with each prime access. PSA to anyone else: buy high priced rivens at your own risk. DE will change riven dispo of popular weapons to keep the market in balance. 

Literally every Kuva mechanic I mentioned was put in place long before regular disposition shifts were a thing. It's not unreasonable to expect DE to adjust the system based on how Riven disposition works now. 

DE do you want to know why some people never use weapons even with high dispo rivens? This is why. The Hind will always suck when you put out things like Tiberon Prime, Fulmin or anything remotely decent. Nerfing rivens isn't going to make people use a Hind. the only thing that can is buffs to the weapon itself. because as you can see with a riven rolled somewhat well it's still terrible. 

aYDJGmy.png

On 2019-07-10 at 4:38 PM, birdobash said:

Rather than complain about individual weapon riven dispos being changed and them being unwarranted, instead you should provide feedback on how to better the riven system,

Base riven changes off the weapons stats vs popularity. But that requires actual hard work for a system that went unchanged and unchecked for well over a year.  

21 hours ago, MR9BCI said:

Anything popular isnt safe, actually they are sure to be nerfed to the ground. That means your gram redeemer plague zaw atterax I dont what else is popular not a melee person. 

But they won't touch Ninkondi because it just primed just watch. They won't piss off the people who paid them money. 

On 2019-07-09 at 5:49 AM, SeraaM3 said:

I agree with this in their current form. I'm amazed DE didn't see rivens being an issue before implementing them in the game. Simply zero forethought and zero testing before pushing the update live.

I think a sizable portion of this could have been avoided by simply making rivens untradable after they've been rolled. Unrolled values would obviously rise, but they wouldn't go atmospheric because the player still needed to take it upon themselves to farm the kuva and do the rolling. There's far more supply of insertweaponhere than any riven trader/hoarder could hold due to a 90 riven cap. People can still make some plat selling rivens for weapons they don't want/need/feel like rolling, players that want a buffed riven have to actually play the game to get it.

this is DE's biggest problem in development. They seem to never think things trough .Estinally there's 10 levels of standing on fortuna. As you need something like rank 3-4 with the people then you get to grind 5 levels of standing for little ducks BS. This killed my interest in the exploring the comics. 

And they certainly never test as well as they should. the only things they care about is bugs. But they shipout Frame Fighter and for a while IIRC you could only find a Ordis orb or a Frame fighter orb on maps, but never both. Meanwhile when has anyone played Framefighter? Like cool concept, terrible execution and now it's left to rot. 

38 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

this is DE's biggest problem in development. They seem to never think things trough .Estinally there's 10 levels of standing on fortuna. As you need something like rank 3-4 with the people then you get to grind 5 levels of standing for little ducks BS. This killed my interest in the exploring the comics. 

And they certainly never test as well as they should. the only things they care about is bugs. But they shipout Frame Fighter and for a while IIRC you could only find a Ordis orb or a Frame fighter orb on maps, but never both. Meanwhile when has anyone played Framefighter? Like cool concept, terrible execution and now it's left to rot. 

This is what they always do, spend time on things, then left it to rot. We wonder what did they do in last two years. 

Warframe definitely need a player driven beta test edition. 

That Little Duck cap also pissed my friend off he doesnt play WF anymore. 

8 hours ago, Fire2box said:

But they won't touch Ninkondi because it just primed just watch. They won't piss off the people who paid them money. 

They wont touch the Ninkondi because melee rivens are not in the riven balance pass yet so that is kind of duh moment...

Riven disposition is based off of the weapons usage among the player Base, they are not to make weapons more powerful, but to provide stat changes to the weapon to make it functionally different from its unrivened version. The idea being to increase the variety of weapons used instead of only the meta weapons.  

A side affect of this is the player mentality to make everything as op as hell, so now many players want rivens for meta weapons to make them even more op. Unfortunately, this causes usage to increase, and so the disposition gets lowered. 

Things like the gorgon and viper disposition got lowered because DE are now reviewing disposition every 3 months. Within these 3 months, baro has had prisma gorgon and wraith viper, so there would have been a spike in these weapons usage.

On 2019-07-08 at 1:00 PM, Aliothale said:

So many people here are just missing the point completely. This is lazy balance design on DE's end, and a complete anti-consumer practice. DE knows players will keep buying/acquiring more plat to get better and better stats for their favorite weapons. They would/should be spending their time buffing less popular/weaker weapon rivens to give us more variety for late game content, not FORCING people into looking at what else they can use. They can't rework base stats too crazy because there has to be weapon progression in the game to give newer players a sense of power creep. Rivens are what allows those weaker weapons that people love a chance to become viable for late game content.

This is flat out scummy EA crap and I really hope player backlash kicks them in the butt for these nerfs over the last few months. Anyone who bought platinum to purchase Rivens that got nerfed just lost a crap ton of goodwill for your company. Anyone who invested time and effort to acquire platinum to get good rivens that were nerfed likely lost just as much goodwill also.

DE is like an abusive spouse, you love them and don't want to leave them.. but every once and a while they get drunk and beat you senseless for no damn reason. Anyone defending DE here is doing so out of fanboyism or personal bias against rivens because they cannot afford them or don't have the time to acquire them and roll them.

One day DE, you're going to lose faith from your players and we will be looking for other live service games to play that won't punish players for using weapons they love to use. Destiny 2 is coming to Steam pretty soon and if that game even gives me half of the enjoyment Warframe does I'll be taking yet another long vacation away from this game.

I will not idly stand by and support these types of changes to Warframe. It's hurting the playerbase and the game even more than ever.

DE already made it impossible to fix the vectis prime default 2 round magazine capacity with using ++-mag rivens.

If they now make it impossible to get to 1 round in chamber with +++-mag rivens then Im done with this game.

I spent over 40k plat getting good -mag vectis rivens just to save a mod slot to fit niche mods like charged chamber.

Before people say "wut about depleated reload?" remember the entire point to the build is to use charged chamber.

Forcing us to use ANOTHER mod slot on top of charged chamber will kill the build because at that point the same performance can be matched by putting pure damage mods on those two slots.

Please dont kill this build DE.

6 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

They wont touch the Ninkondi because melee rivens are not in the riven balance pass yet so that is kind of duh moment...

I'm talking about in the next 3 months. so that is kind of duh moment. 

2 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

I'm talking about in the next 3 months. so that is kind of duh moment. 

I doubt we get the full melee 3.0 update in that time. even more so cause there are at least 2 parts to go. So no. Melee rivens are still not in the next balance pass.

On 2019-07-05 at 5:55 PM, [DE]Connor said:

you’ll notice fewer weapons were affected, and changes are generally less drastic.

Yeeah, looking at catchmoon from 0.8 to 0.6... I really couldnt care less about most of the nerfs, considering there is exactly one worthwhile secondary. It is the one you keep hitting with the nerf-hammer until nobody wants to play the pistol anymore. I USED to have 125% crit chance before LAST cycle. It went down to 115% last time you "balanced" rivens. You may or may not have noticed, but that means initially, if I would shoot 4 times, I would hit once for real damage and 3 times it was a blank that failed to do any meaningful damage. At 115%, you shoot about 7 times and hit for damage once. Now? I now sit at 104% crit chance. I hit for meaningful damage once every 20 shots. You call THAT "LESS DRASTIC?" Get out of my face... The Riven hasnt been nerfed by 25%, it has been nerfed by the factor 3. FACTOR THREE. It only shoots blank shots now, the gun never EVER hits for meaningful damage anymore. But hey I only spent about 100h farming for rivens and kuva before i got a single one that was meaningful. So no harm done right?

I guess I would be really angry if Nightwave hadn't driven me completely away from this game anyway. Please, DE, just keep going and doing what you are doing. Keep releasing new and powerful stuff to engage player just to then keep its power creep elements in check by nerfing it after players get attached.

If you think wobbly ground of power level is going to get people emotionally attached to any item, frame or equipment then you must be less talented than even your blatant design hickups lead to assume. Or do you think we forgot Gamacor, Synoid Simulor or Tonkor? When you released obviously overpowered stuff and had us stuff forma and potatoes into it and then just called us fools to believe you would let us KEEP the efficient items?

It has been a while since you showed some signs of understanding. Learn from your mistakes. You cannot improve the game at all in the current state of your development cycle. What is holding you back? People have assumed it is [DE]Steve directly. Is that really the case?

These so called balances (nerfs) are so laughable

you know why? because if DE wants to balance their game (which is weird considering this is a pve game) then wth something like FULMIN with 3/5 Riven Dispo exists?

and why catchmoon hit so bad its not even worth to buy a riven for?(remember fulmin is exists which is another catchmoon tbh)

i tell you what DE wnats to do they gonna add more power creep weapons to milk most of the players then nerf the rivens and release another weapon.

if rubico/vectis/catchmoon/(and in the future gram/redeemer/etc) were OP and needed a balance on their rivens then you MUST change their riven WHEN THEY RELEASED not after a year when players spent so many hours in rolling and trading.

im sad about this changes even tho i dont have most of those weapons rivens and any player who has a little bit of humanity should be worried about these nerfs dont be a child who wants to laugh at other ppl because their riven got nerfed to the ground

wow every single primary and secondary riven i have and use was nerverd...

thanks de 

way to make this game even more enjoyable

make my frames fade into obscurity and make my hard earned and perfectly rolled rivens weaker

i rolled my supra riven 56 times

now i dont notice the differenc if i put a viligante armaments or my riven on

thanks

On 2019-07-06 at 7:32 PM, Kitsune5603 said:

Can you people stop complaining about riven nerfs when the clear issue is that the weapons were too OP with rivens? Its meant to keep the game balanced, not give OP weapons even more OP builds smh

Riven are RNG af, the problem are not with the OP gun or the hard to get Riven. The problem lies in the fact there is so many bad weapons that are useless vs lvl +40 enemy. Leave me the option to do ESO round 8++ with something else than Saryn.

When you realize that enemy scaling became broken af after sometime you will want those OP riven for those OP guns.

Archived