Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

Il y a 23 heures, Hawk197 a dit :

(...)

DE is responsible for one thing, nerfing/buffing items because of their popularity only. That's their own choice, good or bad, and we can't do anything about it until they change their mind, if they do.

But players are also responsible, going systematically for the next brand new popular gun is also what makes this whole system nerf the same weapons, over and over. I'm not using an upteenth Ignis wraith and if i want to i also may use a Phantasma. This game is not idiotproof, DE can't do a thing if all players are doing the same stupid thing.

Blaming DE all day long as if they were an upteenth evil corp is not much productive, every angry player is doing the same in every single game these days. Sure this disposition mechanics is flawed since DE is designing content that makes some weapons mandatory, and thus makes them nerfed a minute later (sniper rifles and Eidolons, Catchmoon or Arca plasmor for Index or arbitrations etc.) and tbh i wish they solve that one day cause they're designing the whole game, not us.

But when it comes to nerf other weapons, you can blame players cause knowing what disposition will be nered isn't rocket science, play the game and you'll see that lots of players are using the same guns - which is a good thing for the smarter playerbase who's seeing their own rivens being buffed each month.

Le 16/07/2019 à 01:13, (XB1)Muttz v2 a dit :

I've put money into this game, surported it as i thought it was worth it. Brought every prime accses and unvaulting weather i had the stuff in them or not. But now i see my investment slipping away, my perfect builds ruined, my time effort and money wasted. its demoralising to say the least. Warframe is no longer my only game, my money goes elsewhere now. I'll buy the Nekros Unvaulting when it happens as I want the noggle, but apart from that i doubt i'll be spending much if any money here. Atleast not untill you realise PvE isn't meant to be ballanced, thats why most single player campaign games let you chose easy, medium, hard etc. My hard setting was running round with a stug and heat sword seeing how far i could solo hydron. My easy setting was Saryn. I just cant be bothered with it any more, that stupid eidolon chicken thing was the last straw, shoot its elbows, ride it around like a drunken camel, yeah smashing de, gg, just gg. 

Access prime have nothing to do with rivens, what you do with your own platinium is your own concern only. And i'm always sceptical about people who spend cash in a game speaking about "investment", DE owns everything you buy and that's how it works in every single game. There are no investments, in any game, at all.

11 hours ago, 000l000 said:

Access prime have nothing to do with rivens, what you do with your own platinium is your own concern only. And i'm always sceptical about people who spend cash in a game speaking about "investment", DE owns everything you buy and that's how it works in every single game. There are no investments, in any game, at all.

I think as English is obviously not your native tongue you completely missunderstood what i was sayin. 

The short version is i surported this game as i thouught it was well run and had the interests of the players at heart.

The investment i made was in DE so that they can pay the bills and keep this game going. 

Also what you say about never owning anything in any game is not true. The games industry would like you to think you have no rights but if they take your money they enter into a contract governed by consumer law. Weather it be a product or a service you buy you have rights to acsess that product or service. A lot of the wording in most countrys use words like reasonable or whatever making a lot of it a grey area but they are there and have been used many time in computer software cases which is what a game is.

People like you who tell others what they do or do not own should check your facts first.

22 hours ago, 000l000 said:

DE is responsible for one thing, nerfing/buffing items because of their popularity only. That's their own choice, good or bad, and we can't do anything about it until they change their mind, if they do.

But players are also responsible, going systematically for the next brand new popular gun is also what makes this whole system nerf the same weapons, over and over. I'm not using an upteenth Ignis wraith and if i want to i also may use a Phantasma. This game is not idiotproof, DE can't do a thing if all players are doing the same stupid thing.

Blaming DE all day long as if they were an upteenth evil corp is not much productive, every angry player is doing the same in every single game these days. Sure this disposition mechanics is flawed since DE is designing content that makes some weapons mandatory, and thus makes them nerfed a minute later (sniper rifles and Eidolons, Catchmoon or Arca plasmor for Index or arbitrations etc.) and tbh i wish they solve that one day cause they're designing the whole game, not us.

But when it comes to nerf other weapons, you can blame players cause knowing what disposition will be nered isn't rocket science, play the game and you'll see that lots of players are using the same guns - which is a good thing for the smarter playerbase who's seeing their own rivens being buffed each month.

I don't think you understand the original meaning I was putting across (I wouldn't blame you, those posts are months old now). I don't care when and if buffs or nerfs happen, I just want the why. Like you said, DE creates content that mandates certain gear, which is why these weapons are popular, but DE doesn't seem to understand those reasons, else they would fix the issues those weapons are solving. Weapons like the Arca Plasmor, Ignis, Amprex, and such are used to delete large amounts of enemies, we all know that. Why do we need to delete large amounts of enemies though? Is it because Index is the only viable credit farm? Well, there are easy fixes for that, like increasing the credit gain from Chroma, alerting new players they can sell their unused equipment, or simply by changing how rewards work. Is it because Arbitration is the only "farmable endgame"? Well, make more endgame. But we don't know what DE is thinking when they nerf and/or buff certain gear, we can only assume what their reasons are because their "grading scale" isn't public knowledge. We know "x weapon is popular", but we don't know where they got that data and what portion of the game that weapon is popular in.

We jump around weapons because it's the "Most Effective Tactic Available", or the META. When/If the current deletion weapon is nerfed, we look for the next. What happens when/if the Ignis is no longer the META for Arbitration? Well, we look for the next best thing that's stronger, like the Lenz, Ogris, or whatever. These weapons are solving a problem the game has, which is the inability to quickly farm for the things required for x thing. If you look at a game like Borderlands, you can farm whatever as whatever, because you're not jumping through hoops. You need to kill a badass Vermivorous? Well, you have to make it spawn, but you don't have to get farming gear, or use specific strategies, or whatever. You jump on your Mechromancer or your Psycho, and you kill it. You can do things like luring it in front of the train to instantly kill it, or a weapon with bouncy bullets to melt it, but you don't need to. With Warframe, you have to collect enough of x material to fun y research, then farm more x material to build z gun. And if you're a newer player, you also need to farm a mod, then farm endo to rank up a mod to use on z gun. Sometimes you'll need to farm forma to use on z gun to fit a mod, then farm more material to build that forma. We put time and effort (My favorite two words, I know) into our gear. Some of us, like myself, are walletwarriors, who will buy everything, at that point it's effort and money, but the point remains the same. Warframe is about how long you play, and how much you care. It's not a game you pick up for a few hours a week, it's a game that requires you to constantly farm, and sometimes the only way to make the farm bearable is to speed up the process by using these powerful weapons, which like you said, is a flaw that needs addressing.

The other major issue that MANY people have voiced is the lack of content. You can look at Reaper Hunter, Iflynn, Mogamu, AGGP, DK, and many other creators who've said the same thing. We don't have any thing to use our awesome gear against. I put forma after forma after forma into my gear, testing builds or simply to fit new mods on, yet I've nothing right now to use that gear against. The only way to truly test my gear is to spend an hour or more in an endless to get lv 100+ enemies. DE needs to focus on content right now, instead of nerfing and buffing content. Rivens, Arbitration, Kuva Disruption, all of these things are fine as is right now, give us something to look forward to. Yes, deal with the issues, like overpowered rivens, but when you don't have a reason to keep playing, and now you're told "That 1 million Kuva you spent on this riven is wasted lol", why bother? If all you're going to experience is a negative without any benefits, why keep coming back? Maybe if we got a story quest along with these nerfs, the after taste wouldn't be so bad. But no, we're told all negatives with no positives. The first two people I named have quit the game entirely, with many other creators already saying this was the end of content creation for the game because there's no content to talk about. Will Railjack bring people back? Maybe. But Destiny 2 is releasing Shadowkeep in a few days. How many people can DE draw back when there are other games? If people feel burned by a game, why should they come back to more of the same treatment, when a company like Bungie is out here saying "We heard your complaints, and we're working to fix our product"?

il y a une heure, Hawk197 a dit :

We jump around weapons because it's the "Most Effective Tactic Available", or the META. When/If the current deletion weapon is nerfed, we look for the next. What happens when/if the Ignis is no longer the META for Arbitration? Well, we look for the next best thing that's stronger, like the Lenz, Ogris, or whatever.

That's exactly what i said, there's absolutely no meta in this game. In most content all weapons are perfectly viable up to sortie level - even if you want to kill tougher enemies you can pretty much kill anything with tons of well built weapons. Melee only can obliterate anything for now. Meta is only for sheeps who don't have a clue about what's really going on in this game, and for people who like shiny stuff and expensive rivens. You know what happened when the Wolf of Saturn Six spawned a few months ago ? Every single team i was playing with was struggling to kill him for one only reason - they were all stupidly shooting at him with an Ignis Wraith.

There's no meta, just lazy pre-made stuff for lazy people or brand shiny stuff for bored players (since every new stuff is automatically popular for some obvious reasons even if it sucks or doesn't please anyone). Only Eidolons need optimal weapons and even they can be killed with many weapons and not one only. Tbh i don't care if i'm shooting one or twice in its limbs and wouldn't spend 15k platinium to be sure i need one less shot to save me 1s of a fight.

Warframe isn't idiotproof.

Il y a 12 heures, (XB1)Muttz v2 a dit :

Also what you say about never owning anything in any game is not true.

People like you who tell others what they do or do not own should check your facts first.

Quite ironicallly "people like me" know better their own rights than you. Fact is everything you buy in this game is not your property. If they want to remove every single riven from the game right now, you can't do a thing about that. That's called a End User License Agreement.

20 hours ago, 000l000 said:

That's exactly what i said, there's absolutely no meta in this game. In most content all weapons are perfectly viable up to sortie level - even if you want to kill tougher enemies you can pretty much kill anything with tons of well built weapons. Melee only can obliterate anything for now. Meta is only for sheeps who don't have a clue about what's really going on in this game, and for people who like shiny stuff and expensive rivens. You know what happened when the Wolf of Saturn Six spawned a few months ago ? Every single team i was playing with was struggling to kill him for one only reason - they were all stupidly shooting at him with an Ignis Wraith.

There's no meta, just lazy pre-made stuff for lazy people or brand shiny stuff for bored players (since every new stuff is automatically popular for some obvious reasons even if it sucks or doesn't please anyone). Only Eidolons need optimal weapons and even they can be killed with many weapons and not one only. Tbh i don't care if i'm shooting one or twice in its limbs and wouldn't spend 15k platinium to be sure i need one less shot to save me 1s of a fight.

Warframe isn't idiotproof.

You don't seem to grasp the concept of a META. The MetaGame as people call it isn't about the most powerful, but the Most Effective Tactic Available. That's literally what META stands for. What is the most effective tactic available when doing a Sniper Only Sortie? What's the most effective tactic available when clearing large amounts of enemies in Elite Onslaught? What's the most effective tactic available when dealing with Corpus Nullifiers? And like you witnessed, what is the most effective tactic available when trying to kill Wolf? THAT is what a MetaGame is. I'm not using the newfangle meaning, because cookie cutting isn't a "Meta". Yes, a Dakra Prime can kill everything, but is it the most effective tactic available when doing so? There is a clear difference between using the most effective, and the most popular. The difference, if you don't already know, is the effectiveness. Can Rubico Prime take out Eidolons? Sure, it's a popular choice. But is it more effective when compared to the Lanka? No. In this instance, the Rubico Prime isn't the, once again, most effective tactic available.

Also, Warframe is pretty idiotproof. There are plenty of ways to screw up, and not be punished for said screw up. Why? Because the game has literally no challenge. Raids brought challenge to the game, and if you screwed up, well, the team was pretty screwed. Now? We got 6 revives per game, instead of 4 revives per day, we got tons of frames that can become immortal (Like Hildryn with Aegis), we got Umbra Forma so we can use those mods on any frame and weapon, we got frames and weapons that can kill lv 150s in mere seconds, and so on. You have to be trying to screw up to fail in star chart missions, and even in Arbitration. Heck, even when vanilla Stalker was a thing, I could easily solo him with my Boltor Prime, and I was barely MR 5 at the time. Something that should've scared me as a new player, without Forma mind you, was barely a threat to me. There's a reason people like me go at least an hour in endless, we want to push our gear and truly see what the fruits of our labor brought.

Like I said, Warframe doesn't need nerfs and buffs, it needs content. Even Rebecca agreed with that sentiment. And when you fail to release content, on top of nerfing weapons, warframes, powers, focuses, mods, rivens, whatever, you decrease the players willingness to return. Connor needs to leave rivens alone right now. Is he not apart of the teams working on content? Doesn't matter. Let the others give players something to look forward to before filling up the salt shakers, that way players are less angry since they have new stuff to do.

On 2019-09-27 at 6:51 AM, 000l000 said:

Quite ironicallly "people like me" know better their own rights than you. Fact is everything you buy in this game is not your property. If they want to remove every single riven from the game right now, you can't do a thing about that. That's called a End User License Agreement.

Most (or at least many) EULA's are or would be overturned in court due to being unreasonable or even illegal in the countrys they were acted on.

EULA's ain't worth the paper there not wrote on. Consumer law trumps all as any other agreement has to comply with it, which most EULAs do not.

Archived