[DE]Connor

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, (PS4)ProjDemise said:

Again you guys nerfed Rubico. With all my mods on it, stacked for damage and quiet kills, my Rubico Prime deals 2200 damage a shot and has a crit rate of about 130% with a crit multiplier around 8x. The balance to this is that it only gets 7 shots and the reload time can get you killed. My Hek, with no riven and stacked for damage, deals over 20000 damage with a single shot. I'm just sayin', maybe you should keep your balancing act restricted to PVP...

Everyone plays diffrently, Rubico is literally a god weapon in my hands and i see absolutely no drawbacks using it, the mag size and reload time isnt even worth noticing as a drawback. It is without question stronger than any of the other weapons in its class. Its a well deserved balance change. Also you have 130% crit chance on that rubico, nowhere in hell it deals 2200 damage consitently, it does without question more DPS than you can even dream of doing with Hek acording to what you wrote.

Edited by Ziser
Additions
  • Upvote 1

Just now, (PS4)greatgamer73 said:

I have a good riven for all four of the weapons you mentioned. The Supra nerf makes sense as it was the strongest full-auto assault rifle in the game (and most likely still is). That was balanced out by the weapon being projectile based, however a nerf wasn't all that surprising. The Twin Gremlins on the other hand... anyone who had a good riven on those knows that it needed a nerf. It's still too strong.

Nothing needs a nerf.  Rivens are all but needed for high level play.  I can run any mission in starchart with regular random bs.  You take the best for high level stuff because you NEED it.  The supra didn't need a dispo nerf, the other weapons it's better than need a base buff, not a dispo buff.  Like another poster said, bows aren't being used.  There's a reason for that.  There's not enough benefit to outweigh the downsides for use in high level content.  Slightly better rivens WILL NOT fix that.  Base mechanics and stats will.

• Woah 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 6

I never complained about riven dispo before because hey, it's part of the game and you know it from the start but this last change was garbage. WHEN are you gonna stop nerfing good weapons? Rubico, Lanka, Ignis, Tiberon they are good with or without a riven and people are gonna keep using them no matter what. WHAT'S the point in let's say, buff a riven for prova while nobody will use it EVER not even if stats would be increased by 5000%, are you gonna boost trash weapons stats and nerfing dispo after dispo changes good weapons? When will you stop hitting these dead horses?!? And what fault has the Supra in this?

• Haha 2
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, (PS4)greatgamer73 said:

I have a good riven for all four of the weapons you mentioned. The Supra nerf makes sense as it was the strongest full-auto assault rifle in the game (and most likely still is). That was balanced out by the weapon being projectile based, however a nerf wasn't all that surprising. The Twin Gremlins on the other hand... anyone who had a good riven on those knows that it needed a nerf. It's still too strong. 

I've got rivens for other weapons of the same class as those two weapons (not saying what, not that daft :)) who do more or equal damage and they haven't seen a nerf...

Also based on my own usage (admittedly my supra riven needed more rolls, but not sure I'll bother now) I wouldn't say they're 'that strong' anyway, the supra does have a utility benefit over others in it's syndicate mod for 'free' energy.  Besides if they were as strong as you're trying to make out they'd be a LOT more common, which they're not in my experience. 

It still doesn't 'fix' the issue of really poor performing weapons needing buffs and not getting them either as being said by others.  I'm firmly in the camp of 'bring everything UP to parity' rather than nerfing stuff to make them 'equal'.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Aklex got nerfed again?!  And now Lex is higher than the dual? That's lame, I have a rly good aklex riven too...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Darkstalix said:

OUF opticor AGAIN

They keep spamming that event for Opticor Vandal, so its use has skyrocketed.

• Upvote 7

The weapons that got nerfed are excellent without rivens and there's not much content where you would need such powerful weapons at the moment. The whole riven system is there to get people to use other weapons than already good ones, and to be honest i think that works pretty well.

• Upvote 1

Most of these make sense to me. A lot of my beautiful rivens were impacted, but I'll get over it. I don't fully understand what the point of riven nerfs in general are for though. Any content in the game currently, end-game or otherwise, requires no rivens to complete comfortably. So why bother nerfing super strong rivens when the game is going to be easy either way? Oh well you guys keep missing a few key weapons on your nerf crusade so my ability to insta-kill enemies goes on largely unimpeded.

• Applause 2

24 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Also Akjagara has been nerfed by .2 ? i thought you had said there will not be a significant change. 1.25 to 1.05 is pretty significant. its double of any other drop , the weapon is not even that popular or powerful (or is it? guess i dont play 24/7 people must be playing it all the time exactly when i am not in game).

Nerfing from 0.8 down to 0.6 is by far more significant than your 1.25 down to 1.05

Stop touching the sniper rifles. They have one purpose. Why make them worse when there's more op weapons out there getting buffed all the time?

• Haha 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 8

I will say this though... Since we are still working out the right balance for rivens, I think it would be reasonable to lower the Kuva roll cap as it's quite a lot of grind time just to check which riven mods players are using more often than others. I doubt anyone would complain about that kind of change even those of us who have rolled rivens 100+ times (looking at myself)  ^ ^

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, ReshyShira said:

So when does the nerfs stop DE, when a weapon's rivens are unusably bad?  Because it's been what, four riven cycles now with more nerfs than buffs.  Nobody wants to play a game where the weapons players actually use get nothing but weaker.

THIS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, MR9BCI said:

Rest in peace old friends. 

As a protest to the system, I am going to run my weapons rivenless from now on.

#rivens_are_dead

Honestly, I stopped opening rivens by now. You have to do a ton of investment, and what you get is a temporary buff, because the moment a riven becomes useful it WILL get nerfed. What is the point of the rivens if that happens? Anyway, good weapons work fine without rivens. And for bad weapons - if a riven makes it good, it will probably get nerfed soon, so it's not worth the bother.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

I need more nerfs please, so that i can rest and wakeup wishing to invest more money. :thumbup:

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Its getting obvious that DE is targeting players who "spend" on rivens. They don't want those players to hog on to their godly rivens and stop spending any more plats. It doesn't affect players farming kuva to roll rivens that much since they would still be farming but rolling for different weapons. And to those who buy rivens with plat, it just devalues their existing investment and forces them to spend more for a different weapon if they intend to keep their edge.

For those who are paying for plats it means more revenue for DE, and for those who are earning plats in-game, it now requires more commitment.

Edited by HavocNinja
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

58 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

Wrong way around I think?

I was going to point out that, but scrolled down first.  Glad I did, thanks for drawing attention to it first! ; )

Posted (edited)

DE - I think it's fine that you periodically rebalance rivens as updates to the game require it. I'm not okay with rivens being changed when there aren't any changes that warrant a rebalance. While the last riven rebalance was painful, I was okay with it as many rivens needed to be balanced or hadn't had their dispos changed in a while. Last time I had a rubico riven and a catchmoon riven that were hit hard. Like I said, I accepted it because I agreed a rebalance was in order. They have been nerfed again without any changes to the game that require it. I have no interest in burning resources to reroll rivens if their stats will be slowly reduced at each rebalance. Why bother burning Kuva if it ends up being better to use a damage mod rather than a riven in that slot.

Edited by KosmicKerman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

tombfinger massacred since the previous update..

Edited by tofu_seller

Why don't they just make every every disposition the same along with weapon damage? Because if they truly cared about having things being balanced that is what they would do in one massive nerf/buff, instead they only do it out of popularity which is sickening in a psychological way in how they seem to be preying on certain types of players. Even more so since they can't be bothered to post here why the changes per weapon is happening. I would bet real world money they did this now instead of earlier so people would still buy tickets to not only Tennocon but the Relay, and so they wouldn't get rightfully booed off stage for wasting so many players time and money.

I was all hyped up after watching Tennocon live on Twitch, and then this happened and my enthusiasm went away completely. I get it, they want to keep nerfing things so the grind is longer so people will pay money for plat for boosts along with trades to speed things up but there has to be a limit before long time players finally say enough is enough.  The absolute worst part for all of us that paid attention?

On 2019-07-05 at 11:55 AM, [DE]Connor said:

this trend should continue in the future!

They plan to continue doing this. I strongly advise no one to buy any rivens or bother rolling them until all of these changes are finished. You are likely to waste your plat and possibly your real life money. Save it until everything is done so you can then buy and roll the best possible, which will probably still be near trash tier. They could at least make getting Kuva easier, or lower how much it costs to roll. Even just lowering the capacity needed on the nerfed rivens would be something but they are still the same despite being so much worse. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
Am 5.7.2019 um 17:55 schrieb [DE]Connor:

snippedysnipp~

stradavar and gremlins nerf is a mystery to me. i have never seen ppl with either, not before prisma/prime and neither after...

the gorgon nerf is also strange considering its an impact based weapons and also really rarely seen. im only 1 dude so i ofc dont see every person playing, but i still wonder.

catchmoon to 0,6 ?? wow...i mean it was pretty useless as soon as enemies started having armor and no riven really changed that but with 0,6 its really a tough call. 0,7 okay, i can see that but 0,6 is nearly 0,55 and we all know how borderline rivens are down there. no weapon really deserves so very bad riven dispos...i mean they are not worth using so what is the point ? at least make 0,6 the absolute minimum possible and set catchmoon to 0,7. i myself dont really use it all that often but damn this nerf stings even by just looking at that drop.

also, pyrana prime...its absolutely trash without an anti armor frame later in the game. all it really has is sheer damage and nothing else. it shouldve never fallen below 0,9 considering how hard it drops in terms of usefulness once enemies start being more tanky/armored.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)Acairta:

They plan to continue doing this. I strongly advise no one to buy any rivens or bother rolling them until all of these changes are finished.

seems u missed the purpose of rivens and the fact that rivens have always been subject to changes and always will because power level changes with new weapons released so rivens will always be nerfed/buffed depending on the games state.

Edited by Xydeth
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kxZyle said:

Any chance we could get extra sources of Kuva to compensate for highly-rolled rivens losing their power? Perhaps a lowered reroll cost? Higher Kuva drops? Anything?

agreed lowering the re-roll cost by 3-5 degrees of kuva would make sense if you just hit a riven with a nerf

DE, honestly, you've got to know that if you expect us to invest significant time and energy (and in some cases platinum) you can't very well keep taking away the incentive a few months after. It's discouraging everyone because that power is pointless in the long run. While I'm happy to pump forma into lots of weapons, I know a lot of clan mates who are going to be upset that their several forma weapons are useless now. 

Not to mention that we're all more or less abandoning snipers now. I'm going to recommend people steer clear of them in the future, because you certainly seem to have it in for them something fierce right now.

DE, we aren't frogs in a pot here.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 8

hace 1 hora, --RV--Silverdk dijo:

Thank you for no notice ingame abou the riven changes

many tenno dont even notice so if we dont tell they wont be able to be upset 

they have learned to dismiss what the comunity think

This is just anti consumer practice guys, just stop giving DE money and they'll quit screwing you over. They are completely oblivious that these types of changes are what drive people AWAY from the game. I'd rather spend my time and money on something that doesn't punish me for no damn reason. It's a god damn PVE game ffs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 16