Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

I have farm Hundrets of Rivens to get Rivens for the Weapons I like and farm Millions of Kuva to roll good stats on them and you nerf them point by point to death ---- to higher Riven dispo for less played weapons dont make the gunplay better!!!! so why are you doing this - I am on that point to lose any interest in Rivens 

Lanka? Again? WTF? I know, that thing is overpowered af, but the cool Riven for that thing costs like 10 roombas. And that's A LOT my friends. I got lucky and my Snipetron prime can kill anything but my firerate slow like development of New War? NERF IT ALL. Sniper rifles MUST do a hell lot of a damage but fire slowly. You know, that's a thing with them. Where will these nerfs go? Someday my 6 times formed Lanka will be defeated by potatoes water gun (Vulkar) with basic rank 1 mods? Who knows? Maybe I should sell my Riven now?

P.S. Sorry for breaking all existing English rules, I think. Me Russian, Me just learning the language.  

Dear DE: how about balancing the actual weapons in the game instead of the rivens. Kuva farming is a real pain. Everytime i spend 1 hour in there my inner child cries because the only thing i end up with is a "godroll"...oh wait that riven has negative damage.....RIP....i dont spend a ton if plat on rivs..i try and trade a mix of plat, arcanes and other rivs for ones i want... but it still boils down to time spent sometimes doing stuff i dont want to do like eidolons and kuva farming to get rivens for guns i like...only to see them nerfed into the ground..i mean come on twin gremlins again? And catchmoon? .2 again??? ..that weapons riven first lost 20% of its stats now its effectively lost 25% more of its stats..i know its a good gun but thats where balancing weapons comes into play..and if that happens please make all weapons 1 dispo...i cant take much more of this nonsense...i collect rivens..theyre like my children..so i guess this can be considered a form of child abuse..to me at least..i dont mean to offend anyone whos been through that..my apologies if that analogy offends anyone but this truly hurts my soul..ive lost all urge to play tonight and may take another year off to play other games..i know i know ..sacrilege...but thats how i feel...code vein cant come soon enough

Ps:i have many builds and many weapons with hundreds of forma in them so this doesnt affect me as much as some people but its just ridiculous to be able to nerf the same rivens so heavily 2 xs in a row...im really frightful when melee 3.0 comes what theyre going to do to some of my faborite melee..and no im not talking about gram rivens. I dont even use the gram but if this trend continues gram will b a .5 by next christmas just in time for nezha prime:)

16 minutes ago, (XB1)TITO Skeleton said:

I saw someone write that its bait and switch and no, it isn't. You're not buying the riven from them but other players knowing full well that disposition can change. That falls on you on this one, if they sell something on the market and then switch it then yes I'll also raise hello but not here.

So if you buy a used care for 10,000$ from a random dealership because the price when looked up online is that and then the car company itself were to go "We are changing things in the car so it would actually only be worth 7,000$ new and probably just 4,000$ used" would it upset you? If so then please realize this is the same situation just on a different scale. However at times such things need to be pointed out in that way for people to get it. Not saying you don't but I am sure there are those that this falls under.

I don't understand riven nerfs in a PVE game. The strong weapons will continue to be meta even without a riven (look at Tigris Prime, outperforms everything bar none), Gram Prime, atterax, Ignis Wraith, Tiberon Prime, etc. The rivens are just icing on the cake. Rather than killing the rivens, why not buff the weapons nobody uses? Is it the riven market? I guess it's a lot easier to just nerf rivens so prices go down, instead of develop an actual market people can buy/sell on, and put a limit on how much plat can be spent for such things. I just find it disappointing see my time farming Kuva wasted after a riven with half decent rolls that can just barely outperform primed cryo rounds or primed heated charge all of a sudden becoming worse, to the point that the hours of Kuva farming becomes moot.

I honestly may as well become a meta slave with a Zaw/Gram Prime/Atterax and just spin2win, or just use Tigris Prime with Inaros. Takes less skill to do that instead of actual gunplay... As a university student, I just don't have that much time on my hands, so reducing the efficiency of weapons just makes me burn more time, and reduces the incentive to actually play the game, and that doesn't include the feeling of the time wasted to roll rivens...

Edit: Not to mention frames like Saryn dominating the meta. I've love to use Vauban, Mirage, Ember, and Atlas, but why would I when Saryn and other frames are just straight up better?

i guess even though i've always loved Lanka since U8 i'm just going to be punished for it having been one of my favorite Weapons in the game for 6 years, forever, now, it seems.
i guess.

and ofcourse just like last time, i see ??? adjustments like Viper and Supra going down again. not sure i recall these Weapons being in need of some sort of nerf. (definitely not necessary in any way - symptom of having data metrics govern everything). Tetra and Gorgon as well - those were definitely overperforming Weapons, for sure. yeah.
similarly, some went up strangely in a similar ??? fashion such as Quanta, Gammacor, probably Zylok (though here i can more understand).

a few other strange movements but the rest of those are a couple percent up or down from where they were up and down on this or that thing is almost basically nothing changing across them so for those, shrug.

on the bright side, Simulor Rivens can be useful now, as they deservingly should be!
Hek Rivens can really be interesting now!
Cernos/Dread/Paris moving up is interesting!
Zylok going up could be interesting.

Honestly I expected it to be worse this time around but its kinda manageable I guess. Glad they left the Arca Plasmor alone this round cos those rivens are slowly becoming trash tier. RIP Rubico though. Soloing the Profit Taker is really gonna more fun than it already is. Isn't this the 3rd cycle that it got nerfed? DE should really consider not nerfing a riven more than two consecutive times.

I have rivens for some of these weapons I have not even built yet. I guess I will eventually when rivens are useless.

I don't really have a problem with it in theory. People are complaining about rivens that will get nerfed next time for sure. Akjagara was too good, like my Attica riven will be 6 months after that gets primed. The circle of wasting time rerolling

Looks like a lot of ppl don't uderstand how(why) riven dispo is changed - ITS BASED ON POPULARITY OF THE WEAPON, NOT ITS POWER.

1 час назад, LSG501 сказал:

yay (sarcasm)....rubico nerfed again, glad I'm not a sniper fan but it's getting a bit stupid now with the nerfs on snipers, they're supposed to be high power 'single shot' ranged weapons.....

Why is the supra being nerfed, I hardly ever see that weapon...

And a nerf to the twin gremlins and rattleguts.... I can almost understand the rattleguts as that's balancing kit guns but still annoying

So basically four of my 'more used' rivens are getting nerfed even though I hardly ever see those weapons being used by others.... I'd love to see the stats WHY some of these are being nerfed.

And that's fair. 50% of the trade chat is Rubico Rivens, every mission has 2-3 Rubico users, Rubico is everywhere and let's be honest - it's pretty OP atm.
Surprisingly(for me), Supra is pretty popular with some people ._.

27 минут назад, BurningDesire сказал:

Thanks for the tetra nerf just what it needed.........................

now i have 7 no longer god rivens thanks

Another metaslave is put to dirt, what a great news!

5 minutes ago, VolatileAcidity said:

I don't understand riven nerfs in a PVE game. The strong weapons will continue to be meta even without a riven (look at Tigris Prime, outperforms everything bar none), Gram Prime, atterax, Ignis Wraith, Tiberon Prime, etc. The rivens are just icing on the cake. Rather than killing the rivens, why not buff the weapons nobody uses? Is it the riven market? I guess it's a lot easier to just nerf rivens so prices go down, instead of develop an actual market people can buy/sell on, and put a limit on how much plat can be spent for such things. I just find it disappointing see my time farming Kuva wasted after a riven with half decent rolls that can just barely outperform primed cryo rounds or primed heated charge all of a sudden becoming worse, to the point that the hours of Kuva farming becomes moot.

Besides what you mentioned here it is also how they continue to generate plat based trades in their markets, which also has players buying plat at times with real world money. On top of those two things there is also the grind, they need to develop it in such a way that easy/quick grinding for things such as resources isn't really possible as otherwise no one would be tempted to buy Boosters, which again goes back to the plat and real money.

In the end it is all about the money to them when it comes to rivens, not the love of the game they spent so long creating. At this point they may say it is so every player is on a equal footing, but such a thing isn't truly needed. The Leaderboards are updated each week so they hardly matter now and the same with not being able to even see the amount of kills per week like before, meaning those two things don't need to be equal, PvP is hardly ever used and those that do always end up creating their own rules for what may or may not be used during the matches.

This game is about being an awesome super powerful ancient teenage space ninja with amazing weapons that slaughter hundreds or even thousands of enemies in a single mission for no reason other than a voice told you to or you want to steal resources from the corpses of your slain enemies. Yet none of that matters outside of trying to extend grind time for more plat and constantly shake up the market in a psychological attack to make more money, not to make the game itself better.

DE likes to ruin the hype and joy of Tennocon and major events by nerfing Rivens players paid thousands of Platinum.

In the past few weeks, I sold some god tier Rubico, Tiberon and few others' Rivens that all got hit again, again, and AGAIN. The buyers/players must be VERY MAD at DE.

Disagree with part of the OP. Yes fewer weapons affected, but the changes are on par with what was done last month. Your nerfs are again way too heavy-handed and your buffs are way to insignificant in most cases. You nerf the Ignis yet again because people spam that. Cool, that's understandable. But you give a buff to the Simulor, all the way to 1? So you want people to just spam the simulor instead of the Ignis now?

Nerfs to Rubico, Supra, Tiberon?

The group of devs who work on this are all probably still on that Tennocon high and probably won't get down until they hit crunch time once again for whenever the next major update is coming out.

With that said though, given that the same mistakes from last disposition changes were repeated this time, I expect that these mistakes will be repeated next time as well, so I'll just wait until next the Prime frame releases and come back and mention the poor job that's being done here. Maybe there won't be alot of things to distract the devs and people's voices can be heard regarding this topic.

9 minutes ago, Zysperro said:

Looks like a lot of ppl don't uderstand how(why) riven dispo is changed - ITS BASED ON POPULARITY OF THE WEAPON, NOT ITS POWER.

Actually they said they were also going to be looking at their own internal power ranking of weapons along with popularity. But going by these changes, they may as well be looking in a trash can, or looking at the moon. Who knows what they look at. =\

DE, this is the worst thing you do.

Rather than making reasonable changes to bring extreme outliers into the realm of reason, you nerf things across the board and dumpster the fruits of hundreds of hours of grinding and battling three separate layers of RNG. We endure the soul-crushing kuva grind for a moderate increase in power—an increase in PVE power only—only to see our efforts wasted when someone decides a shakeup is in order.

Earnest question, is there a material negative impact in allowing us to keep the modest power increase that we have worked extremely hard for? And is Warframe made better by constantly proving to players that highly desirable end game items are, in fact, not worth the trouble? I'd suggest the answer is "no" on both counts. 

I love this game, and I generally love this Dev Team, but your constant, capricious attempts at balancing make it hard to stay invested. 

9 минут назад, theangelbelow88 сказал:

I wish you guys would stop hitting Rubico and Pyrana

Stop using Rubico and Pyrana so much and then dispos will go up. Why did people still use these weapons after all these nerfs? Because they're still strong. DE wants variety in Warframe, and I also don't want to see 4 Rubicos and 4 Catchmoons in my missions, because it's boring. "Rubico now has the weakest riven out of all snipers -_-" - I don't see a problem here, lul - It's the most convenient/usable sniper in the game, thanks to its fire rate.
Well, but I gotta admit that there should be some kind of compensation after these nerfs.

Archived