Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Acairta said:

Besides what you mentioned here it is also how they continue to generate plat based trades in their markets, which also has players buying plat at times with real world money. On top of those two things there is also the grind, they need to develop it in such a way that easy/quick grinding for things such as resources isn't really possible as otherwise no one would be tempted to buy Boosters, which again goes back to the plat and real money.

In the end it is all about the money to them when it comes to rivens, not the love of the game they spent so long creating. At this point they may say it is so every player is on a equal footing, but such a thing isn't truly needed. The Leaderboards are updated each week so they hardly matter now and the same with not being able to even see the amount of kills per week like before, meaning those two things don't need to be equal, PvP is hardly ever used and those that do always end up creating their own rules for what may or may not be used during the matches.

This game is about being an awesome super powerful ancient teenage space ninja with amazing weapons that slaughter hundreds or even thousands of enemies in a single mission for no reason other than a voice told you to or you want to steal resources from the corpses of your slain enemies. Yet none of that matters outside of trying to extend grind time for more plat and constantly shake up the market in a psychological attack to make more money, not to make the game itself better.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It was what I was trying to hint at, glad you caught on. Legit just greed, 10k plat per riven is too juicy for them to pass up, and developing a market would reduce profit, hence why it never happened. And when it did (someone created a website) it got taken down. I'm slowly losing my interest in the game to be honest.

1 hour ago, Aliothale said:

This is just anti consumer practice guys, just stop giving DE money and they'll quit screwing you over. They are completely oblivious that these types of changes are what drive people AWAY from the game. I'd rather spend my time and money on something that doesn't punish me for no damn reason. It's a god damn PVE game ffs.

+1.

Any of these Riven dispo nerfs can make players angry and extremely mad. I am sorry for those who just bought my GOD TIER 3+1 Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Damage and harmless negs Rubico and Tiberon Rivens from me. Sorry, it's not within my power of control. One of the buyers just bought it literally 12 HOURS ago. 12 HOURS. 

5 minutes ago, Zysperro said:

Stop using Rubico and Pyrana so much and then dispos will go up. Why did people still use these weapons after all these nerfs? Because they're still strong. DE wants variety in Warframe, and I also don't want to see 4 Rubicos and 4 Catchmoons in my missions, because it's boring. "Rubico now has the weakest riven out of all snipers -_-" - I don't see a problem here, lul - It's the most convenient/usable sniper in the game, thanks to its fire rate.
Well, but I gotta admit that there should be some kind of compensation after these nerfs.

Disposition nerf based on usage is a bad practice. If a weapon is very good and people buy Rivens for it, players love these weapons AND their Rivens.  The stats should be locked and not affected by dispo. nerfs. 

Before heading to bed I have one idea for DE to possibly do, run it like a Corpus deal.

"Change can happen to anyone, anywhere, so protect your precious rivens with our 100% guaranteed lock. No matter what changes come around the corner these will always be the same, just know the lock is keyed only to yourself so if you trade it to another it will instantly have all reworks done on it. Only 250P per riven, 250P for a peace of mind never before seen. Is it worth it to you? It is to us, so trust us here at Corpus United. We will make sure all your hard work never becomes obsolete."

That above? I would be down for that type of blackmail if only to save my most precious rivens this type of constant raping of stats.

2 minutes ago, Zysperro said:

Stop using Rubico and Pyrana so much and then dispos will go up. Why did people still use these weapons after all these nerfs? Because they're still strong. DE wants variety in Warframe, and I also don't want to see 4 Rubicos and 4 Catchmoons in my missions, because it's boring. "Rubico now has the weakest riven out of all snipers -_-" - I don't see a problem here, lul - It's the most convenient/usable sniper in the game, thanks to its fire rate.

I agree with you a bit. Samesy same weapons in a mission is boring. Rivens being nerfed will unfortunately not change this, because these weapons are just innately too strong. They should be buffed weaker weapons instead. If this trend continues, I fear every mission will be eventually be dominated by tigris prime, gram prime/zaw/atterax. It's like Saryn in every mission all over again.

There's a reason nobody uses the other weapons. They can't compete with meta non-riven modded weapons, even with riven mods occasionally, and they just feel clunky/bad to use. I simply don't like using some of the weapons, so dispo buffs to those don't do me anything. Unfortunately, rivens are a money sink which DE is hesitant to give up, so we have to deal with this BS instead of actual buffs/nerfs to weapons.

Warframe would have been better off without rivens and just actual balancing of weapon, but again, money. Can't lose those 10k plat rivens being sold. They will just gradually change to the next OP/meta weapon.

Oof, at this rate catchmoon rivens are going to have to be perfect rolls to be worth using at all, sadness.

Nice to see bows getting some love though, but the weapon type itself really needs some fixing to get people to use it without rivens

I damn near deleted all but one weapon from each class over this.

I dont have a lot of rivens or quite frankly good ones. The best one i have is my Gorgon Riven and the Prisma gorgon i spent far too much time and credits to get my hands on. 

Its not perfect and i cant use it against corpus but it rocks against infested and grineer.

Another such nerf like this happens and i'm gonna have to either shelf or destroy the weapon for something else.

Thankfully My Opticor and Twin Gremlins are not Riven based but i still feel the pain.

Nerfing snipers only hurts Eidolon hunts. What are you doing DE? You want even less hunts on an already stupidly overhyped format for limited buffs?

I have many good rivens got nerfed heavily in these balancing waves, including stuff like D/CC/CD -Z rubico; CD/Elc/MS -Z lanka ;D/CC/CD -PS sicarus and many more

But actully, I still support DE to continue this dispo re-balancing work .The reason is that I see warframe as a game which I probably will play a long way down with ,which, I believe, to be of more variety and possibility will helps greatly.

With the strong weapon nerfed, no matter how(let's say at the cost of making their riven totally trash), ppl will start to use other weapons and I did start to try new toys just after the very first nerf.

What's more, even with the lowset dispo of 0.5. weapons like rubico and catchmoon are still good enough compared to those reall underdogs ,isnt it? Althou I understand those getting mad with this. things are not that bad. take it more easily

1 hour ago, (XB1)Acairta said:

I was all hyped up after watching Tennocon live on Twitch, and then this happened and my enthusiasm went away completely. I get it, they want to keep nerfing things so the grind is longer so people will pay money for plat for boosts along with trades to speed things up but there has to be a limit before long time players finally say enough is enough.  The absolute worst part for all of us that paid attention?

+1
It's like serving everyone a tasty dinner and also pour cold water on top of the most committed players who care about the game. 

2 hours ago, AnoDarkrai said:

Nerfing from 0.8 down to 0.6 is by far more significant than your 1.25 down to 1.05

I missed the catchmoon changes,

but my point was that a change of 0.2 is significant whether for catchmoon or akjagara. 

Just to be clear, I got rivens for both but the akjagara one doesn't feel quite in line, a change of 0.15 would be better. 

Feels like i'm so mad and i say this again, DON'T NERF NON META WEAPONS PLEASE.

It doesn't make the game any more fun, nerf for AoE, fine, nerf for snipers, i don't like it but understandable, BUT, NERF FOR THE FRICKING GORGON?

No, this is definitely wrong.

So many "Meta" player crying here

Good thing i always stay away from that term

So many people said that gorgon is not use often.. but i see a lot of them complaining that their gorgon riven getting nerf

Which mean people do use Gorgon

3 minutes ago, (PS4)roncdav11 said:

When's the damn slingshot coming out,...cause that's basically what we're being reduced to ..... let's just throw rocks at em.....S#&$....Wait....Tickle them to death.

Some of yall are great ot over reacting.

Good going drama queen.

On 2019-07-05 at 11:55 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Hail Tenno!

Our next wave of regular Riven disposition changes has arrived to all platforms, along with Wukong Prime access. A full breakdown of changes can be found below:

Primaries: 

Hide contents

Boltor: 0.95->1.05
Braton: 1.1->1.2
Cernos: 1.1->1.15
Dread: 1.1->1.2

Glaxion: 1.35->1.25
Gorgon: 1.4->1.3

Hek: 0.85->0.95
Hema: 1.2->1.25

Ignis: 0.6->0.55
Lanka: 0.85->0.8

Nagantaka: 1.05->1.1
Opticor: 1.15->1.05
Paris: 1.2->1.3
Quanta: 1.1->1.25

Rubico: 0.8->0.7
Simulor: 0.85->1
Soma: 0.75->0.85

Stradavar: 1.15->1
Supra: 0.85->0.8

Sybaris: 1->1.05
Tetra: 1.5->1.45
Tiberon: 1.1->0.95

Tigris: 0.5->0.55
Tonkor: 0.95->1.15

Vectis: 0.8->0.85
Veldt: 1.2->1.25

Secondaries:

Hide contents

Akjagara: 1.25->1.05
Aklex: 0.85->0.8

Brakk: 1.1->1.2
Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6
Cycron: 1.1->1.15
Embolist: 1.45->1.4
Gammacor: 0.8->0.9
Hikou: 0.95->1.05
Lex: 0.7->0.9
Marelok: 0.8->0.9
Pandero: 0.95->1

Pyrana: 0.8->0.7
Rattleguts: 0.9->0.8
Sicarus: 1.15->1.1

Sonicor: 0.8->0.9
Spira: 1->1.1

Tombfinger: 0.85->0.75
Twin Grakatas: 1->1.05
Twin Gremlins: 1.3->1.2
Twin Rogga: 1.2->1.25
Viper: 1.45->1.35
Zylok: 1.15->1.25

When comparing these adjustments with our last set of changes from April, you’ll notice fewer weapons were affected, and changes are generally less drastic. With our internal power rankings in place, and multiple sets of Disposition changes behind us, this trend should continue in the future!

Work is still in progress on the upcoming Melee 3.0 rework, so melee weapon disposition changes will have to wait until those are complete. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thanks everyone - see you next time!

A nerf to all kitgun rivens, you’re fighting the smoke not the fire 😛

Maybe try and look into why people use kitguns more than other secondaries 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

So many "Meta" player crying here

Good thing i always stay away from that term

So many people said that gorgon is not use often.. but i see a lot of them complaining that their gorgon riven getting nerf

Which mean people do use Gorgon

Or that one group of people you read saying something, aren’t the same group of people saying this.

We are all aware that Warframe lacks enough endgame content for veterans.

For me, the only thing was kuva farming and improve my riven collection. It kept me busy for few hours everyday. Trust me it's not easy. It takes almost 40 mins for the most efficient kuva farmer to get enough kuva for 3 rolls, that too with a booster. And then, you submit to complete rng, ends up with +damage to infested. I have 150+ rolls on my catchmoon rivens, I never got anything great. 

I am not interested in kuva farming anymore seeing how my hard work can go down the drain anytime. And there goes my last reason to play the game for longer period of time.

For a game that lacks endgame activity, it feels like the developer intentionally removing whats left of it. This makes me wonder, if they are too focused making the game only new player magnet, because they make most money from them? 

What's the point of having high dispo rivens for bad unpopular weapons and low dispo rivens for good popular weapons? That just make rivens unnecessary, it's never gonna make a bad weapon popular or good weapon unpopular. Would you start playing Brakk now and stop playing catchmoon? No I don't think so. If not, then how this riven change contributes in weapon balancing? 

And they say weapon balancing like everyone can get their hands on a perfect riven whenever they wish. Rivens are random lucky rng based thing! It's not something u can cook in your orbiter for fs.

Archived