[DE]Connor

July 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

1 minute ago, Gruiz said:

Bye crybaby..

Your weapon got no nerf, its the riven

That's the problem, instead of nerfing op weapons and buffing week weapons like they should do for a proper balancing, they are punishing rivens which is totally rng based, takes tons of effort to get something good or lots of money to buy something decent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gruiz said:

Bye crybaby..

Your weapon got no nerf, its the riven

True, weapon didn't get any nerf, but our time was wasted. It's a good way to spit in the veterans faces, considering there is no "late game" unless you count cosmetics, which just shows how greedy DE is becoming. Whatever nets them the most money, who cares about the players who spent hours upon hours of farming kuva, amirite?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Spent an entire week on kuva survivals to roll my Lanka and Opticor rivens even made a ticket to DE about repetitive random nonsense stats, 160+ rolls  total, 100+ on my Opticor and +60 on my Lanka now My Lanka tickles the eidolon with a feather and dont get me started on the opticor. From 21K damage on my Lanka now its 18K plz DE why not nerf it to 1K ffs.

• Like 2

Dumb Riven changes again, nerfing snipers for no reason only because of Eidolon hunting when they are niche in normal missions. How about we get some buffs to snipers to compensate for the riven changes then?

19 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

So many "Meta" player crying here

Good thing i always stay away from that term

So many people said that gorgon is not use often.. but i see a lot of them complaining that their gorgon riven getting nerf

Which mean people do use Gorgon

1, do unnecessary nerfs   2, let people with common sense complain about it like "this is unnecessary!"   3, wow, the weapon is now magically a god tier! it deserve a nerf!   4, with this logic, every weapon deserve a nerf, rinse and repeat till you are happy with pile of garbage.

Btw i didn't used gorgon often, now i have even less reason to use it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zysperro said:

Stop using Rubico and Pyrana so much and then dispos will go up. Why did people still use these weapons after all these nerfs? Because they're still strong. DE wants variety in Warframe, and I also don't want to see 4 Rubicos and 4 Catchmoons in my missions, because it's boring. "Rubico now has the weakest riven out of all snipers -_-" - I don't see a problem here, lul - It's the most convenient/usable sniper in the game, thanks to its fire rate.
Well, but I gotta admit that there should be some kind of compensation after these nerfs.

What variety? A vanilla Catchmoon build w/o any Rivens with dual primed crit mods can outmatch the freaking Plasmor, and that isn't counting in Primed Heated Charge. It shreds both Index and Eidolons with PHC. Any sniper compared to it in Eidolon fights is literally a BB-gun, again without ANY rivens. A lot of people say to buff the weaker/less popular weapons (they are less popular because they are crap in both damage and utility btw). The best possible solution would be either to buff the stats of all those inferior weapons to make them catch up to today's standards crit, damage and especially punch-through wise OR, and this is the more derpier way of fixing them, refactor the riven range to go from 0.5 to 5.0, instead of 1.5. Like i said, it would be derpier because you'd see Lex rivens with +500% damage and +200% multishot and stuff but hey, it would definitely be a worthy sidegrade to the current Kitgun meta. Apart from the different projectile FX and sound fx, which are indeed mostly of the highest quality across the board, why would we choose to use inferior weapons? Especially for people that actually stay in a mission for more than 5 minutes.

Could we get some sort of compensation when the rivens we spent many hours rolling get completely gutted?

Or at least put up a warning weeks or months before so it won't come out of nowhere?

• Upvote 2

Wow ya really stomped my rattleguts into the ground since it launched. I went from 8.2x crit chance to... I bet I'm below 6x now. Can you stop, please?

Posted (edited)

And that's why I'd never spend more than 100p on a single Riven. This system was, is and likely will always be just a busted unbalancable mess with multiple layers of arbitrary rng and uncertainty. People said it on day one of their introduction and it still remains to be true to this day.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem
  • Applause 2

Just now, ToaTamatu said:

Could we get some sort of compensation when the rivens we spent many hours rolling get completely gutted?

Or at least put up a warning weeks or months before so it won't come out of nowhere?

It happens every 3 months dude, with every new Prime Access, there is a Riven dispo change.

I really love how they won't change more than one blip in an update but they continue to nerf the same riven over and over

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I honestly just don’t see or understand the popularity-to-performance dynamic to Riven dispositions and the nerfs that go with them. I personally feel that the dispositions this round was a nerf on the basis of popularity or popular opinion by the dev team behind the Riven Disposition changes, and not an ideal perception of the core performance of the weapon(s) in question. Eventually we’re going to see all meta weapons or “popular weapons” receive a 0.5-0.55 Riven disposition change. And by contrast, any weapon that performs poorly in combat having a max Riven disposition wouldn’t reflect an upgrade in performance since that’s not how it usually works: a poor performing weapon would still be poor to use regardless of the statistical upgrade it gets.

If anything, we should just cement on conceptually reviewing the performance of each weapon and keep a consistent disposition to their rivens. Because in this round it was more than just a blip. We’ve just now got hit with weapons getting a 2-3 blip downgrade. Arguing on popular usage is just nonsense when a change like that goes through. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Antharris said:

It happens every 3 months dude, with every new Prime Access, there is a Riven dispo change.

Was referring to the actual items chosen being out of nowhere.

You can see some rivens being extremely popular and expect some nerfs indeed, but who can expect the same few rivens being nerfed 3x over?

• Upvote 1

On 2019-07-05 at 11:55 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6

April: Catchmoon: 1->0.8
June: Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6

Not sure if you're trying to crash any confidence in the riven market to drop prices, but that's the only reasonable outcome you can expect.
I'm done with any expensive rivens, you're just going to nerf them into the ground.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-07-05 at 12:55 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Vectis: 0.8->0.85

isnt that a buff? i think it should be in green?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, --Q--uixotic said:

April: Catchmoon: 1->0.8
June: Catchmoon: 0.8->0.6

Not sure if you're trying to crash any confidence in the riven market to drop prices, but that's the only reasonable outcome you can expect.
I'm done with any expensive rivens, you're just going to nerf them into the ground.

Hey at least we all know this can't happen:
September: Catchmoon: 0.6->0.4

At least it hits rock bottom at 0.5. 😞

Edited by Antharris
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tetra riven nerfs? I didn't think there were people that actually cared about that gun, other than the "fun" aspect of its augment.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Maybe we can buff akstiletto rivens next time then? Seeing as how everything else that's been released better than them is getting nerfed.

It was kinda obvious rivens the way they r were never ever a good idea for warframe. And RNG and kuva farming is not the only reason. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Prime_Reckoner said:

It was kinda obvious rivens the way they r were never ever a good idea for warframe. And RNG and kuva farming is not the only reason. 

Rivens are a bonus, you are not forced to buy, use or roll them but people are too vain to lose an occasion to deal more damage.

Edited by bibmobello

Posted (edited)

Kind of figured Glaxion rivens would drop since the release of Vandal. But, this is why many of us are better off using inherently good weapons instead of taking a risk on weapons that need rivens to compete, as you can potentially lose a lot of time and resources rolling them then, on top of that, have the dispositions change slowly over time.

Still, ever since release, believe rivens are a poor concept that begets way too many problems and equally too much drama. But, there's a huge market for good rivens, so not much will change.

Edited by R34LM