Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got 99 Problems And Djinn Is 1 (Maybe)

RedlineRonin

One small issue I noticed; his stinger weapon has the picture of a detonite injector in Arsenal.

Acknowledging that I might not understand how this is supposed to work, Djinn's Fatal Attraction doesn't seem to do anything.  The animation triggers and it's supposed to "pull enemies closer" so I assumed it worked like a mini pull or vortex.  When the animation triggers for the power, nothing actually happens.  Anyone else experience this or am I an idiot? (totally possible)

Thx guys.

One small issue I noticed; his stinger weapon has the picture of a detonite injector in Arsenal.

Acknowledging that I might not understand how this is supposed to work, Djinn's Fatal Attraction doesn't seem to do anything.  The animation triggers and it's supposed to "pull enemies closer" so I assumed it worked like a mini pull or vortex.  When the animation triggers for the power, nothing actually happens.  Anyone else experience this or am I an idiot? (totally possible)

Thx guys.

Maybe the pic is only a placeholder... Like Wyrm's & Shade's used to.

Maybe Fatal Attraction works as aggro, not like Vortex?

does his pistol do DOT. also is it armor ignore

Needs more testing but seems like a mini acrid

Maybe the pic is only a placeholder... Like Wyrm's & Shade's used to.

Maybe Fatal Attraction works as aggro, not like Vortex?

Totally possible but it has an animation that looks like it's "pulling inward" if that makes sense

Fatal Attraction absorbs damage you take and reflects it back to enemies. From my experience. However you MUST give everything a hug for it to work. Sadly, I am not finding much use out of this.

Before you ask, no it does not seem to negate any damage from you. (I could be wrong)

The damage it does appears to not be amplified and just does only as much as is taken in. (Could also be wrong)

Simply, this ability does not make the sentinel worth how much you have to put in to it.

Also, tactic polarity. Yes that means you get a polarity that only 1 mod can be used for. And it requires your sentinel to die for that mod to be used.

6 Mutagen + 30,000 Salvage + several hours + 2 forma. Unless I am missing some super secret special thing about this sentinel, it's not worth it. Do not waste your resources.

Edited by Sophronius

So then how does the mod description "Draws your enemies close" make any sense?

It's apparently meant as a cryptic message as it does something "special." Most I've seen from DE about it was this. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110274-fatal-attraction-djinn-help/

So... His dart gun do DoT dmg ? Please tell me.

I have not seen any noticeable DoT damage with his stinger so I don't think so.

What's the weapon damage like though?  Is it worth it to get it for the poison dartgun to use on another sentinel?

The stinger does seem to have a bit of power, but not much better than the sweeper. In the long run, with a couple of forma's, it could potentially be the most powerful sentinel weapon as it appears to have armor ignore. The down side is that it uses rifle mods and has zero polarities.

As the sentinel currently stands I do not see putting as much time and effort it would require to build worth it. Like I said, unless I'm missing some special secret about this sentinel it is not worth the current price to build. [30,000 salvage + 6 Mutagen + about 100 hours time + 2 forma.] You may find better use from the flying pear. (Carrier)

I'm pretty sure it's Mastery Rank 8

Not 8. I got it with 7. Maybe it doesnt require one not sure, but I got it.

I've noticed though that the attracter prompts enemies to swarm you while playing solo. I've also noticed the more and more spawn while solo. Also seen that it distracts enemies away from the pod. More testing and info is needed that's for sure.

The dart gun is really good to. I've got the gun up to lvl 17 and it rocks so far.

It's apparently meant as a cryptic message as it does something "special." Most I've seen from DE about it was this. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110274-fatal-attraction-djinn-help/

So I tested Fatal Attraction for about 1.5 hours today under different sets of conditions and below is what I came up with.  Keep in mind that I tested this with a maxed Fatal Attraction without Thumper (the shooting mod) on the sentinel (see the end for the reasons).

What I'm pretty confident on:

- Has the visual effect of Nyx's Absorb while winding up, and the visual effect of Sayrn's Miasma on the enemy if you manage to kill anything

- Has an approx 5 second windup

- Damages enemies in a small (1-3 game meters?) radius

- Will only work/damage enemies if there is more than 1 enemy in that radius. It does no damage if there is only 1 enemy in range.

- Does not make the player invulnerable or mitigate player damage like Absorb or Link

- The damage it deals out is not based on the amount of damage the player takes

- The run I did the most  was Carpo on Jupiter (Infested - lvl average 24) and it seemed to take about 1/3 of the health off of the regular enemies that were in range and it seemed like it was far less from the ancients (meaning it likely doesn't armor ignore).

What I don't know:

- I didn't test whether the sentinel was invulnerable while casting because I drew far more aggro then it did even when not shooting but again, it does not mitigate player damage.

-To that same end I couldn't test whether it would do more damage if it was actually being shot because no one ever wanted to shoot it

What I do know (with my somewhat sarcasm laden opinion added in):

- It WILL successfully kill the lvl 2 enemies on MPrime every time... well ok every time if these 5 conditions are met.

1. You happen to be in melee range of 2 or more enemies when it finishes winding up

2. You don't actually melee them to death during the ~5 second windup process

3. You don't actually shoot and kill them first during the ~5 second windup process

4. Your sentinel doesn't shoot and kill them first during the ~5 second windup process

5. The enemies don't kill you because you're leveling a frame and letting them hit you for 5 full seconds like an idiot

TLDR? It'll end up being really expensive, but dart gun will be great on your Carrier!