Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earning Colour Pallets

Rubbix

So, before I start this off, Many of you are probably thinking, "Who is this guy?"

Well, I guess, I'm the guy who only really checks the forums for Updates, Hotfixes and few other reasons.

I would like to point out after Sheldon made his Apology and gave everybody 50 Platinum. (Sheldon, You did good!) I went in and immediately bought a Asa Syandana. Then I went around and looked at the colours (Australian Spelling) only to realize that to have access to other pallets than default you need to invest money into them. I'm one of those people who don't earn much money and when he does its not enough to pour into a game.

I am around the 15, 16 Age mark and is quite rare for me to make some money without selling my stuff. I am doing a trade to get $100 to buy a headset. But I can't see the worth of pouring that kind of amount into a game like this. (I'm not hating on the game at all!)

What I'm trying to say is, maybe we could buy the colour pallets with credits or earn them as event rewards? I love Warframe, I think it is a rare game you don't see to often and DE has a gift, This is another opportunity they can make their game even better.

Just like the Market prices are becoming insane, Maybe let players earn Platinum instead of buying it. All it can do, is improve this game. I understand the game is only in beta, but as far as I can see, DE has not made any effort or any sort of announcement to see this idea.

I'm not saying DE should make Platinum available another way that doesn't require money. (Or some sort of Misunderstanding) I'm just thinking they should make Colour Pallets (For Appearance) available another way.

Besides all that, What do you think? I'm posting this here to see how the community responds to things such as this. Are you completely against this kind of idea? Maybe it can work when the game is outside of Beta and in retail?

Tell me.

EDIT: Could a Mod move this to the Gameplay Feedback or General Discussion Section?

: Changed title

Edited by Rubbix

What it can actually do other than "improving the game" is lose DE an insane amount of income, the income that they need to keep the game going.

It will never happen.

Edit: This is also in the wrong section. Should be in Gameplay Feedback or General Discussion.

Edited by Silraed

What it can actually do other than "improving the game" is lose DE an insane amount of income, the income that they need to keep the game going.

It will never happen.

Edit: This is also in the wrong section. Should be in Gameplay Feedback or General Discussion.

Its not like I'm wanting the whole Store to be able to buy off of another way or pushing earning Platinum.

What I meant was just the colours, it just seems off to pay for appearance, I don't mind the Syandana's.

Also, Could a Mod move this to the right section, I wasn't sure where to post this.

Another Idea would be ,making once in a month ,or every  second month, a 24h Alert with 10 or 15 Plat as reward. In this Way you could be able to saving Plat for something you want (like Colores) without spending Money , but would be still encouraged to buy Plat. (especcialy for the real Big things like new Frames or Weapons)

Edited by QuasarWolf

Its not like I'm wanting the whole Store to be able to buy off of another way or pushing earning Platinum.

What I meant was just the colours, it just seems off to pay for appearance, I don't mind the Syandana's.

Also, Could a Mod move this to the right section, I wasn't sure where to post this.

Actually, you have it backwards.

Appearance is literally the ONLY thing you have to pay for in this game. Everything that can affect gameplay is possible to earn in-game, without spending money.

More colors (as well as scarves), however, does not change your gameplay whatsoever. Therefore, if you REALLY want it, you hand over 5 USD.

You must be new to online games

I have played Online MMORPG's before where you had to buy NX or earn it through surveys (Nexon) then you could buy pets, clothes, characters etc.

Actually, you have it backwards.

Appearance is literally the ONLY thing you have to pay for in this game. Everything that can affect gameplay is possible to earn in-game, without spending money.

More colors (as well as scarves), however, does not change your gameplay whatsoever. Therefore, if you REALLY want it, you hand over 5 USD.

I understand that, its just some people (or alot) around my age band, doesn't have the money to do that. Or let alone a way to pay for it. Parents generally don't like using credit cards over the internet. 

I understand that, its just some people (or a lot) around my age band, doesn't have the money to do that. Or let alone a way to pay for it. Parents generally don't like using credit cards over the internet. 

I was in this age bracket a year ago. $5, in the vast majority of cases, is easy to come by. To get around parents not willing to use their card, you can pick up Visa gift cards at grocery/convenience stores.

color is purely for aesthetics. It shouldn't be obtainable other than buying. They make literally everything in this game that pertains to actual gameplay available to get even if you don't spend money. Wanting even the aesthetic items is just greedy.

If you're 15/16 and can't afford to drop at least 5$, you have much bigger concerns than buying color palettes for an online game.

Edited by Yamomato

So you can get $100 for a head set but not even $5 to put in the game. You know how much my headset cost. £4.00. I had to get a bus ticket to go pick it up, that ticket cost £3.40. Ask yourself, do you NEED this headset, etc.

Surprisingly I do when I'm trying to run a youtube channel on a inbuilt microphone.

I was in this age bracket a year ago. $5, in the vast majority of cases, is easy to come by. To get around parents not willing to use their card, you can pick up Visa gift cards at grocery/convenience stores.

I can see that happening, It's just you have to pay something like $8 for the card itself.

Now I can see this topic in another point of view where it doesn't mean much. I guess it was an idea, not a demanding push.

color is purely for aesthetics. It shouldn't be obtainable other than buying. They make literally everything in this game that pertains to actual gameplay available to get even if you don't spend money. Wanting even the aesthetic items is just greedy.

If you're 15/16 and can't afford to drop at least 5$, you have much bigger concerns than buying color palettes for an online game.

I can see what you mean.

I understand you want to deliver the best possible content as a YouTuber, but you should focus on high quality content and gaining a subscriber base before you upgrade your gear.

I guess so, I mean I had Headphones earlier ($10) then suddenly broke when I put them on. So I guess I need to invest in some better equipment I know won't break in 6 months. I spent $130 on a Headset for my 360, still works after 2 years.

I guess I can put up with the platinum scheme. I guess I just need to get the money. Well, my argument was a waste of time.

No need to reply anymore. -.-

I feel the same way you do Rubbix, same background, and while I spent good money for a laptop and other supplies, money just to spend on games for the sole purpose of looking cool seems a bit iffy on that part.

some way to earn the colors would be kinda good, but nothing that would make the makers lose monies like what others are trying to state. mabe with rare alerts and such for a color package, or just a couple of colors from the packages, (like 5-10 options of colors) being unlocked would be nice too.

just my 2pence that I wanna give

I feel the same way you do Rubbix, same background, and while I spent good money for a laptop and other supplies, money just to spend on games for the sole purpose of looking cool seems a bit iffy on that part.

some way to earn the colors would be kinda good, but nothing that would make the makers lose monies like what others are trying to state. mabe with rare alerts and such for a color package, or just a couple of colors from the packages, (like 5-10 options of colors) being unlocked would be nice too.

just my 2pence that I wanna give

Tell that to LoL, Doto adn TF2...