Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issue with Tennocon 2019 Twitch Drops and Simaris Codes

5 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Just as a reminder that the forum rules still apply regardless of how angry you are, how large this thread gets or what other folks say. 

At the end of it, if you do wind up contacting support and they determine that you were/are not eligible for the Twitch drops based on the information/logs of players who were watching that Twitch provided, then that is unfortunately the final answer on the matter.

Complaining on the forums by posting vulgar, disrespectful, rude or developer bashing comments will not change the outcome--it will only result in your post(s) being removed and, if the behavior is severe enough, warning points and posting restrictions per the forum's code of conduct. It is entirely possible to voice your dissatisfaction while remaining respectful and adhering to the rules.

Why was my comment removed? It didnt break the rules in any way, now this turns to censoring. Great. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Just as a reminder that the forum rules still apply regardless of how angry you are, how large this thread gets or what other folks say. 

At the end of it, if you do wind up contacting support and they determine that you were/are not eligible for the Twitch drops based on the information/logs of players who were watching that Twitch provided, then that is unfortunately the final answer on the matter.

Complaining on the forums by posting vulgar, disrespectful, rude or developer bashing comments will not change the outcome--it will only result in your post(s) being removed and, if the behavior is severe enough, warning points and posting restrictions per the forum's code of conduct. It is entirely possible to voice your dissatisfaction while remaining respectful and adhering to the rules.

While I agree staying civil is important, people are only upset because they feel wronged when they've fulfilled their end of the "deal". I don't think people would be angry or upset if DE kept the promises they made and followed through fully with their side of all this.

Which as things stand, they haven't. So the community unrest is well warranted but again I agree. Staying civil is probably for the best, even if emotions are high right now with so many being lied to.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Why was my comment removed? It didnt break the rules in any way, now this turns to censoring. Great. 

Your comment was removed because you were making disrespectful comments directed towards other players. Also, if the post you are quoting has been removed (i.e. a chain of posts that were removed), then continuing to quote, re-post or otherwise 'preserve' said chain of comments will result in post removal.

2 minutes ago, Vangeroth said:

While I agree staying civil is important, people are only upset because they feel wronged when they've fulfilled their end of the "deal". I don't think people would be angry or upset if DE kept the promises they made and followed through fully with their side of all this.

Which as things stand, they haven't. So the community unrest is well warranted but again I agree. Staying civil is probably for the best, even if emotions are high right now with so many being lied to.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be or can't be upset. Folks' feelings and opinions are their own and there are no problems with voicing such things... as long as it's done in a way which doesn't violate the rules.

The best way to be heard by the developers and be taken seriously is to act in a mature and civil manner. Vulgar tirades and insulting messages are not conducive to such an outcome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Your comment was removed because you were making disrespectful comments directed towards other players. Also, if the post you are quoting has been removed (i.e. a chain of posts that were removed), then continuing to quote, re-post or otherwise 'preserve' said chain of comments will result in post removal.

Wasnt aware of the linked comment part. My apologies for my mistake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)TheRealTommo said:

I really don't understand why people get so upset about such a trivial thing? No disrespect intended. Just seems a bit crazy seeing some of the comments here.

If you don't understand why people are upset, then it may be hard for someone to explain it to you.

When promises are made in the form of public announcements, the public (Warframe community in this case) will follow the requirements to meet the end goal of said promises. When the party making the promise fails to deliver on their own promise when the requirements are met, then people will inherently get upset. That's pretty normal actually. DE shouldn't be making promises if they are not going to keep them or only fulfill half of those promises.

Thinking about a bit deeper now, I have a feeling that DE only gives out a limited about of each reward. To give the false sense of limited supply. Otherwise they'd be running a Oprah Winfrey show where everyone get's a "thing", and they can't have that because it would mean they'd lose out on plat sales.

If this is what they are doing (Artificial scarcity), then that's as bottom of the barrel as you can get and it could be seen as false marketing. Which is illegal in the US and the FTC would have to get involved.

Just now, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Wasnt aware of the linked comment part. My apologies for my mistake.

No worries. It's basically a "Post A violated the rules and was removed, posts B and C did not violate rules themselves but were quoting Post A, Post D did not violate the rules but quoted post B or C..." situation; subsequent posts that can 'trace' back to a post which violated the rules tend to get removed to clean up a thread.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRealTommo said:

I really don't understand why people get so upset about such a trivial thing? No disrespect intended. Just seems a bit crazy seeing some of the comments here.

The inconsistencies with support and DE, the generic copy and paste response we keep getting even when we persist with proof that we did in fact watch it, they still claim nothing can be done about it. I sent in screenshots of the stream which matched the exact parts of the stream at the time it was going on in UK time and of course asked them to confirm with Twitch to check chat logs because I commented especially towards the end showing I was there. Again, recieved another blanket copy paste response, in context indistinguishable from the rest besides a few words being changed.  

All of that combined just puts forward a very bad image to us, that they do not care, that we are all just "lying for a freebie" even though I had no problem spending over 200 pounds last 2 months but now based on what happened their attitude has made me feel like I shouldn't keep supporting them after all. 

• Like 3

I’m another person that watched the whole thing, but only got the ephemera. The only reason I’m a little annoyed about this is I was on vacation that day and, had they not advertised the Prime frame, I wouldn’t have bothered to watch at all. It’s also irritating to receive a support response telling me how to link my account when they were clearly linked as I got the ephemera. At the end of the day, I still enjoy the game but can’t imagine I’ll watch another stream if it involves any effort at all to do so. 

Edited by (PS4)SkittleBrau20

54 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRealTommo said:

Why? Just imagine this happening in ANY other situation! Let's say your buddy invites you to a party under the condition you help him for 30 minutes and tells you, you get free beer for it. You  turn up, help him and then... He tells you "Sorry mate, no beer for you to bad your sooo gullible to believe me. You can stay if you like and maybe pay for the booze, but free beer, not for you. OH and by the way your lying that you were helping me" I don't know but i guess no matter how good of a friend, first he wouldn't stay a good friend of yours for long, especially if it isn't the first time it happens and you would be royally piiiiisssssed.

Edited by Amunre81

2 minutes ago, Amunre81 said:

Why? Just imagine this happening in ANY other situation! Let's say your buddy invites you to a party under the condition you help him for 30 minutes and tells you, you get free beer for it. You  turn up, help him and then... He tells you "Sorry mate, no beer for you to bad your sooo gullible to believe me. You can stay if you like and maybe pay for the booze, but free beer not for you." I don't know but i guess no matter how good of a friend, first he wouldn't stay a good friend of yours for long, especially if it isn't the first time it happens and you would be royally piiiiisssssed.

Customer Loyalty is something DE and companies like them who conduct themselves in the similar manner, don't understand. Nor do they seem to know what it means.

Let's say a company that's near universally loved and respects, such as Nintendo, comes a long and makes their own version of Warframe. Of course it would be called something else but the same systems are put into place. And the game is $60 instead of F2P.

What's going to keep people playing Warframe and not just move over to Nintendo's version when they know DE has been dishonest and disingenuous to it's community in the past?

Nothing. When a more trusted company, who treats their customers better as a whole, who makes better products and can keep promises they make all while keeping their integrity intact, comes along and does the same thing without the use of MTs then people will generally go to them for their product. The only reason people still play this game is because there isn't something better or they don't have a alternative. DE has literally no competition with Warframe. Nothing exists or even comes close. So that rule the market with such a game.

If they treated their community with trust and respect like Nintendo does, then none of us would be here, having this conversion. We'd all be happy and having a good time in the game. We aren't though because DE has almost no honesty or integrity left and like many other Western Game developers, admitting you made a mistake is not something they fundamentally understand. Innovating and improving is a lost skill within the Western Game Industry. DE has ended up being no different

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amunre81 said:

-snip-

because that’s not an appropriate analogy. A better one would be something like your buddy says that he’ll buy you a beer if you help the bartender for 30 minutes, but the bartender wasn’t paying attention. DE has no way of knowing if you watched for those 30 minutes or not since Twitch is the one that’s supposed to be timing it.

3 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

because that’s not an appropriate analogy. A better one would be something like your buddy says that he’ll buy you a beer if you help the bartender for 30 minutes, but the bartender wasn’t paying attention. DE has no way of knowing if you watched for those 30 minutes or not since Twitch is the one that’s supposed to be timing it.

Your analogy isn't better either since your Buddy(DE) doesn't need to buy the beer (Nekros Prime) from the bartender(Twitch)!!

Edited by Amunre81

Great. Just great. To make matters worse 40k worth of credits just went done the Toilet. Went to go see if the Dual Cestra has a Blueprint option. It does but it has no price tag. I double clicked it a few times to see if it would actually work as the button not being grey-out and it took 40k worth of credits but failed to give anything in return. Talk about salt in the wound...

Submitted a ticket, but with recent events I an't holding my breath. DE has done a great job proving they aren't here for the good of the community...

If anyone else can try, please try and buy the Blueprint for the Dual Cestra and tell me if you have credits taken out of your account balance. Thanks.

Thank you for contacting us and please note that we really do appreciate your patience. With time-sensitive, complex promotions like this; we do understand that it doesn't take much for something to cause a user to miss out on the rewards and we are constantly working at improving this system with Twitch/Mixer/Steam in order to simplify the process and to solidify the connection to prevent users from missing out.

We can officially confirm that all drops have been sent out to all eligible accounts. If you find yourself missing the Nekros Prime and/or the Lotus Ephemera drop, we can assist you in ensuring your connection is solid for future promotions; but unfortunately we are not able to add this item to your account. It is possible a disconnect may have occurred due to overloaded twitch/mixer/steam servers, which could have lead users to not receive any of the drops. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do regarding this once it's happened.

Now, while support cannot add any Twitch Drop items to player accounts manually, we can help you confirm the Twitch link is working on both ends for future drops. If you have trouble receiving Twitch drops please UN-link your Twitch and Warframe accounts from BOTH ENDS. It is very important you disconnect both sides, not just one side.

Oh Lovely, So i wasted my time watching that tennocon, So did the others who did not get their items because clearly the handful of people who did not get this stuff, it was all on them. Then you say there is nothing you can do-- I dont know, maybe just hand out everything that was promised being there, thats a start instead of shifting the blame and saying "You are Sh*t out of luck."

I checked my account before i watched that stream, Ive gotten twitch prime for this game before, Clearly my account is connected and im sure everyone elses was as wall. 

The real joke of this is that they are saying "Give it a week" "It may take 30 days." Yet look, people dont all of it and those who arent getting it, are being told "Suckls to be you." 

So I submitted a ticket on Wednesday since I hadn't gotten either the Ephemera or the Nekros Prime. Got back a response saying my account wasn't linked. I know for a fact it was linked because I triple checked during the stream. Took me hours to do so too since the site was having so many problems. Now they're saying I won't get either reward and to go un-link my account and re-link it.... So it's linked? Like it said during Tennocon? Wtf is the problem? I watched nearly every minute of the stream, only missed the first 10-15 minutes, and now I'm getting nothing? I've played this game since day 1 and I've never had customer service like this. Where'd my DE go?

• Like 2

On 2019-07-10 at 2:17 PM, (PS4)JokiSTM said:

We can officially confirm that all drops have been sent out to all eligible accounts. If you find yourself missing the Nekros Prime drop, we can assist you in ensuring your connection is solid for future promotions; but unfortunately we are not able to add this item to your account. It is possible a disconnect may have occurred due to overloaded twitch/mixer/steam servers, which could have lead users to only receive one of the drops before having to re-link their accounts. We're sorry for the inconvenience!

Now, while support cannot add any Twitch Drop items to player accounts manually, we can help you confirm the Twitch link is working on both ends for future drops. If you have trouble receiving Twitch drops please UN-link your Twitch and Warframe accounts from BOTH ENDS. It is very important you disconnect both sides, not just one side.

DE is so funny, sadly not in the laughing way. Pushing blame away to anyone they can find, the players, Twitch, Mixer, steam. And the people that are getting screwed are we, the players.

" It is possible a disconnect may have occurred due to overloaded twitch/mixer/steam servers, which could have lead users to only receive one of the drops before having to re-link their accounts."

How are we supposed to know that we suffered a disconnect?! It's not like we get a message telling us. And what is preventing it from happening again? Should we generally assume that we get screwed over the next time too?? 

If DE can't guarantee that players get, what they advertised maybe they shouldn't advertise with it, or find a different way to bring it to the people they advertised it to.

DE promised players a Nekros Prime,  not twitch, not mixer, not steam and certainly not the players, DE did. So it's up to DE to keep said promise. But we all can read that DE has no intentions to keep the promises they made. They just are just consoling us that we MIGHT get something the next time if we are lucky. Great buisnesspractise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AlbinoNinja said:

So I submitted a ticket on Wednesday since I hadn't gotten either the Ephemera or the Nekros Prime. Got back a response saying my account wasn't linked. I know for a fact it was linked because I triple checked during the stream. Took me hours to do so too since the site was having so many problems. Now they're saying I won't get either reward and to go un-link my account and re-link it.... So it's linked? Like it said during Tennocon? Wtf is the problem? I watched nearly every minute of the stream, only missed the first 10-15 minutes, and now I'm getting nothing? I've played this game since day 1 and I've never had customer service like this. Where'd my DE go?

Where your customer service went? Out the door! Simply they make enough money now that they don't have to care anymore if 1% leaves... like all companies they act like they care until they don't have to anymore. Seen it a "hundered" times over with as many companies... The only good thing is most of those companies have one thing in common, they all went under after a short while, after they thought they "made it".

• Like 2

ByBJmGC.png
This makes no sense to me... Since I very clearly fulfilled all of the criteria listed: linked account and watched 30 minutes or more on the specified stream and channel (in my case, more). Very disappointed in their stance on this. I always held DE in high regards when it comes to goodwill to their players, but this contradicts that pretty blatantly.

Not to mention this issue is a repeat of last year:

• Due to viewer overload on the servers with almost 500,000 con-current viewers, not all viewers received their Ash Prime. This was fixed by having whoever logged into Warframe in the past 7 days prior to the fix on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop instantly receive one. This was known as The Great TennoCon 2018 Ash Prime Drop Fix!

Edited by Hwingal
  • Like 1

Twitch drops have a history of not working properly. How many devstreams and prime times have had drops fail? Exactly. There are many, many people who are saying they have not recieved the items as advertised. I love DE, however how this issue is being handled, and the silence from the community managers (not the bs response from support) is really disheartning. DE advertised that watching their stream for a specific amount of time would result in the consumer recieving a digital good this was to entice more people to actually watch the stream to bolster their views and to inflate their spot on twitch during the presentations. These items are not "free" time = money. Our views helped with ad revenue im sure. Didn't the same issue happen with Ashe Prime? I hope we get real responses from the community managers with plans to fix this issue. Telling people if you didnt get it then you must have done something wrong is not good customer support nor is it good customer service. Whether its a vocal minority or not, this issue is not the consumers fault, this is not an isolated issue, I personally I got Nekros but not the ephemera? I was active in chat, watched for hours. However support will tell me that it was probably an issue on my end. I dont accept that. 

• Like 5