Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issue with Tennocon 2019 Twitch Drops and Simaris Codes

6 minutes ago, Chinoneko said:
  Hide contents

ahh... so that might be the reason why i'm not eligible then cause i muted PlayWaframe channel during TennoLive and watched my fav streamer streamed TennoLive instead... lol this is even more sad... 😢
What if someone can't watch because they're at work but they can like open the tab mute them real quick and leave it? They don't have a choice.. it's not like you can come back and watch the vid later...
whelp.. there goes my Nekros Prime... it was nice knowing that i have to blast my ear with their stream while watching others streaming thier stream as well... good. 👎

I used the Twitch app, put the phone on the charger, plugged in headphones, and ate dinner.  

I only actively watched the cosplay portion of the stream and only for the Mag cosplays. 

Only reason I knew to even look for this is because someone in the Facebook Warframe groups mentioned something about it, so I went a'Googlin'. 

9 minutes ago, Chinoneko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ahh... so that might be the reason why i'm not eligible then cause i muted PlayWaframe channel during TennoLive and watched my fav streamer streamed TennoLive instead... lol this is even more sad... 😢
What if someone can't watch because they're at work but they can like open the tab mute them real quick and leave it? They don't have a choice.. it's not like you can come back and watch the vid later...
whelp.. there goes my Nekros Prime... it was nice knowing that i have to blast my ear with their stream while watching others streaming thier stream as well... good. 👎

There is no telling on the twitch drop requirement btw that i can't mute the stream to be eligible... or am i misread the line?

Only thing I could think of is if your not an active viewer (which the mute might cause you to not be), is that it wouldn’t count as 30 min consecutively viewed, which was required. 

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I used the Twitch app, put the phone on the charger, plugged in headphones, and ate dinner.  

I only actively watched the cosplay portion of the stream and only for the Mag cosplays. 

Only reason I knew to even look for this is because someone in the Facebook Warframe groups mentioned something about it, so I went a'Googlin'. 

Great! might do that next time lol thanks 😃

13 minutes ago, Chinoneko said:

-snip-

There is no telling on the twitch drop requirement btw that i can't mute the stream to be eligible... or am i misread the line?

The Reddit post suggests it may be a flaw in the browser coding, something on Twitches end or a combination. 

I honestly don't know the how's or why's of the failure, I've only found that it exists. 

16 minutes ago, Chinoneko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I watched with Bluetooth earphones in (on my phone) so I should have got it. 

Edited by (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy

Still i'm gonna keep my eye on this thread. like i said before. This is not about me anymore. (couldn't care less about Nekros prime..)
I am eager to see how DE will deal with this problem. It IS a big deal for so many people. MANY that should be eligible but doesn't recieve the drop as promised.
and if they don't address it'll boil down to bad relationship between them and the community.

I hope they are happy losing us.

Edited by Chinoneko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chinoneko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

if you watched 2 twitch streams at the same time twitch disqualifies you from any drops that might happen (edit: at least that is for me.other people MIGHT have a different experience)

this happend, if I remember correctly, because when PoE released many people "watched" many streamers at the same time grinding the easy achievements, whcih nearly killed the servers due to the heavy load.

Edited by Helch0rn

10 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

if you watched 2 twitch streams at the same time twitch disqualifies you from any drops that might happen

this happend, if I remember correctly, because when PoE released many people "watched" many streamers at the same time grinding the easy achievements, whcih nearly killed the servers due to the heavy load.

Is that written anywhere?

Considering finding all the obscure stuff that disqualifies you from rewards and just making a topic for people. 

11 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Is that written anywhere?

Considering finding all the obscure stuff that disqualifies you from rewards and just making a topic for people. 

it not clearly written but from my own testing I saw that twitch falgged me as afk when I had multiple streams running and that seems to interfere with:

Q. Do I have to be watching to receive the Drop?

• A. Yes, you must be watching at the moment the Drop occurs in order to receive it.

from: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-earn-drops?language=en_US

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

it not clearly written but from my own testing I saw that twitch falgged me as afk when I had multiple streams running and that seems to interfere with:

Q. Do I have to be watching to receive the Drop?

• A. Yes, you must be watching at the moment the Drop occurs in order to receive it.

from: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-earn-drops?language=en_US

I will bookmark this so I can find it again. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I will bookmark this so I can find it again. 

sure but take this with a grain of salt as I have not enough data to make a definitive statement, I am only a single person and I might be an outlier. multiple drops from with multiple streams MIGHT work for other people.

I will also edit my original post to reflect that

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

If people muted the stream or tabbed out and only listened, chances are twitch bumped people from the active viewer list? 

It's mentioned in the Reddit post.

In my case, it wasn't muted. Still no reward.

Why is DE still using Twitch?  Seems like they got burned before with Ash, and now it's happening again.  

DE looks bad here, not twitch.  DE made the promise, not Twitch.  DE has a support staff that is either incompetent or they tell not to help anyone.  

In all cases, this is DE committing the fraud, no one else.  Twitch may be at fault, but it is just as much the fault of DE for using a sub-par service, TWICE! 

We did our side of the deal, DE needs to get thier support staff working overtime and tell them to stop being jerks.  

Hello everyone. Im a ps4 player, have been playing warframe for roughly 2.5 years casually. MR 11, mainly solo. Anyway, I was in game "standing in the orbiter " and watching tennocon through the ps4 browser. By that I mean I went to the orbiter news feed, went into the warframe site from there, signed in with my psn account, scrolled to the bottom of the page and selected the twitch icon which took me to the tennocon stream. Around 11:30 am est I received the lotus ephemera. I logged off shortly after, and logged back on just as the sound creation panel started "2 pm est, I think" and watched until the Simaris game show thing. I backed out of the browser to goto the orbiter market to redeem the ducat code "which worked for me" and when I tried to go back to stream it wouldnt work. Im guessing thats when the site was down. I finally got back on right at the end of the cosplay panel and started watching the tennolive stream at 6pm est. At 6:23 the stream froze and I finally got it to play around 6:50 est and watched until the end around 7:30 pm est. I didnt get the Nekros drop. My question,  Is it possible that the Nekros dropped while I was having problems with the stream? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)NaphalmDeth said:

Hello everyone. Im a ps4 player, have been playing warframe for roughly 2.5 years casually. MR 11, mainly solo. Anyway, I was in game "standing in the orbiter " and watching tennocon through the ps4 browser. By that I mean I went to the orbiter news feed, went into the warframe site from there, signed in with my psn account, scrolled to the bottom of the page and selected the twitch icon which took me to the tennocon stream. Around 11:30 am est I received the lotus ephemera. I logged off shortly after, and logged back on just as the sound creation panel started "2 pm est, I think" and watched until the Simaris game show thing. I backed out of the browser to goto the orbiter market to redeem the ducat code "which worked for me" and when I tried to go back to stream it wouldnt work. Im guessing thats when the site was down. I finally got back on right at the end of the cosplay panel and started watching the tennolive stream at 6pm est. At 6:23 the stream froze and I finally got it to play around 6:50 est and watched until the end around 7:30 pm est. I didnt get the Nekros drop. My question,  Is it possible that the Nekros dropped while I was having problems with the stream? 

read

Look I never recieved my nekross prime I watched the entire tenno com stream recieved my lotus ephemera and the free warframe alot my twitch was linked and still is but still never recieved my nekross prime and I know of other players in the same boat now I've been patient who recieved the free warframe alot but never got nekross who watched tennocon in its entirety 

So get this, i did get it. But they mistakenly sent it to my PC account rather then my Xbox account.

What peeks my curiosity is how did my Xbox get unlinked then linked to my PC account which I never hardly ever use. Hell my xbox account has all my twitch prime stuff that I received.