Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)lI-3Dot-Il

Issue with Tennocon 2019 Twitch Drops and Simaris Codes

4 minutes ago, (PS4)JokiSTM said:

BTW sorry if I was rude 

Props.  Gotta admit I was getting touchy as well.

Let's face it, if we haven't gotten Nekros Prime until now, we are most likely not gone get it, periodt. Sadly we are the 1% of players that DE can affort to lose, since they most likely going to gain a good amount of players from the tennocon-streams. We just don't merit the effort.

Man I was just hyped for railjack and everything else and then you get treated like dogs... under the shoe. If I say I'm dissapointed I'm downplaying it.

I wasn't around during the Ash Prime drop of Tennocon past, how long did it take them to issue the frame back then? While I did get both drops, seems really weird a lot of people still haven't received them as of yet. Hopefully they will see how many still lack the drops tomorrow and do some form of compensation. (I did see the tweet where they mentioned all accounts should have the drops, but maybe with the amount of people still reporting they didn't they will give out the frame like they did with ash). 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)chubby5544 said:

I wasn't around during the Ash Prime drop of Tennocon past, how long did it take them to issue the frame back then? While I did get both drops, seems really weird a lot of people still haven't received them as of yet. Hopefully they will see how many still lack the drops tomorrow and do some form of compensation. (I did see the tweet where they mentioned all accounts should have the drops, but maybe with the amount of people still reporting they didn't they will give out the frame like they did with ash). 

Honestly at this point I don't think DE even cares

Just now, (PS4)JokiSTM said:

Honestly at this point I don't think DE even cares

Still, kinda curious on the time frame they took in that case as well. Its pretty much the same issue, so im wondering if they are done with trying at this point, or maybe (thinking crazy here) maybe thinking of a compensation deal thats better then just getting the frame. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)chubby5544 said:

The thread linked here was the fix-it thread for last year's Ash Prime Twitch drop.

I was hoping with the constant twitch drops issues since it started, DE would just abandon the notion.  Well, now Mixer is in the mix!

Well, here's to next year's TennoCon flood of emails complaining about twitch drops again! (called it!).

1 minute ago, (PS4)vinster said:

The thread linked here was the fix-it thread for last year's Ash Prime Twitch drop.

I was hoping with the constant twitch drops issues since it started, DE would just abandon the notion.  Well, now Mixer is in the mix!

Well, here's to next year's TennoCon flood of emails complaining about twitch drops again! (called it!).

Thank you for this! I completely forgot about mixer, did they also do rewards through it as well?? Looking on last years fix, maybe they are figuring out something more to give out for the inconvenience, or have just ignored it for the time being. Either way, im curious to see how they deal with the drop issue this time (if its not already finished). 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

I mean they had 500k+ viewers last year and they had MAJOR issues. Who would have guesst that there would be 500k+ viewers this year?!?! And what did we get? I can't remember from which film it is but "What's the definition of insanity? To do the same thing over and over again and to expect a different outcome"...

Spoiler
1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I know it's a year+ old but i havent found anything more current that expands or contradicts this. 

ahh... so that might be the reason why i'm not eligible then cause i muted PlayWaframe channel during TennoLive and watched my fav streamer streamed TennoLive instead... lol this is even more sad... 😢
What if someone can't watch because they're at work but they can like open the tab mute them real quick and leave it? They don't have a choice.. it's not like you can come back and watch the vid later...
whelp.. there goes my Nekros Prime... it was nice knowing that i have to blast my ear with their stream while watching others streaming thier stream as well... good. 👎

There is no telling on the twitch drop requirement btw that i can't mute the stream to be eligible... or am i misread the line?

6 minutes ago, Chinoneko said:
  Hide contents

ahh... so that might be the reason why i'm not eligible then cause i muted PlayWaframe channel during TennoLive and watched my fav streamer streamed TennoLive instead... lol this is even more sad... 😢
What if someone can't watch because they're at work but they can like open the tab mute them real quick and leave it? They don't have a choice.. it's not like you can come back and watch the vid later...
whelp.. there goes my Nekros Prime... it was nice knowing that i have to blast my ear with their stream while watching others streaming thier stream as well... good. 👎

I used the Twitch app, put the phone on the charger, plugged in headphones, and ate dinner.  

I only actively watched the cosplay portion of the stream and only for the Mag cosplays. 

Only reason I knew to even look for this is because someone in the Facebook Warframe groups mentioned something about it, so I went a'Googlin'. 

9 minutes ago, Chinoneko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There is no telling on the twitch drop requirement btw that i can't mute the stream to be eligible... or am i misread the line?

Only thing I could think of is if your not an active viewer (which the mute might cause you to not be), is that it wouldn’t count as 30 min consecutively viewed, which was required. 

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I used the Twitch app, put the phone on the charger, plugged in headphones, and ate dinner.  

I only actively watched the cosplay portion of the stream and only for the Mag cosplays. 

Only reason I knew to even look for this is because someone in the Facebook Warframe groups mentioned something about it, so I went a'Googlin'. 

Great! might do that next time lol thanks 😃

13 minutes ago, Chinoneko said:

-snip-

The Reddit post suggests it may be a flaw in the browser coding, something on Twitches end or a combination. 

I honestly don't know the how's or why's of the failure, I've only found that it exists. 

16 minutes ago, Chinoneko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I watched with Bluetooth earphones in (on my phone) so I should have got it. 

Still i'm gonna keep my eye on this thread. like i said before. This is not about me anymore. (couldn't care less about Nekros prime..)
I am eager to see how DE will deal with this problem. It IS a big deal for so many people. MANY that should be eligible but doesn't recieve the drop as promised.
and if they don't address it'll boil down to bad relationship between them and the community.

I hope they are happy losing us.

1 hour ago, Chinoneko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

if you watched 2 twitch streams at the same time twitch disqualifies you from any drops that might happen (edit: at least that is for me.other people MIGHT have a different experience)

this happend, if I remember correctly, because when PoE released many people "watched" many streamers at the same time grinding the easy achievements, whcih nearly killed the servers due to the heavy load.

10 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

if you watched 2 twitch streams at the same time twitch disqualifies you from any drops that might happen

this happend, if I remember correctly, because when PoE released many people "watched" many streamers at the same time grinding the easy achievements, whcih nearly killed the servers due to the heavy load.

Is that written anywhere?

Considering finding all the obscure stuff that disqualifies you from rewards and just making a topic for people. 

11 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Is that written anywhere?

Considering finding all the obscure stuff that disqualifies you from rewards and just making a topic for people. 

it not clearly written but from my own testing I saw that twitch falgged me as afk when I had multiple streams running and that seems to interfere with:

Q. Do I have to be watching to receive the Drop?

• A. Yes, you must be watching at the moment the Drop occurs in order to receive it.

from: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-earn-drops?language=en_US

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

it not clearly written but from my own testing I saw that twitch falgged me as afk when I had multiple streams running and that seems to interfere with:

Q. Do I have to be watching to receive the Drop?

• A. Yes, you must be watching at the moment the Drop occurs in order to receive it.

from: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-earn-drops?language=en_US

I will bookmark this so I can find it again. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I will bookmark this so I can find it again. 

sure but take this with a grain of salt as I have not enough data to make a definitive statement, I am only a single person and I might be an outlier. multiple drops from with multiple streams MIGHT work for other people.

I will also edit my original post to reflect that

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

If people muted the stream or tabbed out and only listened, chances are twitch bumped people from the active viewer list? 

It's mentioned in the Reddit post.

In my case, it wasn't muted. Still no reward.

Why is DE still using Twitch?  Seems like they got burned before with Ash, and now it's happening again.  

DE looks bad here, not twitch.  DE made the promise, not Twitch.  DE has a support staff that is either incompetent or they tell not to help anyone.  

In all cases, this is DE committing the fraud, no one else.  Twitch may be at fault, but it is just as much the fault of DE for using a sub-par service, TWICE! 

We did our side of the deal, DE needs to get thier support staff working overtime and tell them to stop being jerks.