Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Are Very Lucky To Have De.

Justin_Case001

Sometimes us players forget how lucky we are.  I have done my fair share of complaining too.  Not everything has gone according to plan.  Mistakes have been made.  But we should all thank our luck stars to have a team like DE.

They listen to their fans.  They genuinely care about us.  They give and give and give.  They put in sleepless nights to make this game as good as they possibly can.  When things go wrong, they respond to the consesus of the community, and get hotfixes out within days or even hours.  And all so we can have a FREE game.  (Yeah, I know, plat is bloody expensive, but DE needs to eat, and it's not like you have to buy it.)

Compare this to the faceless conglomerates.  Take Bethesda for example.  Their policy seems to be "What do we care if our game is broken?  We're so big, people will buy it anyway!"  And then their stance on bugs and problems is, "We may or may not fix it, but you'll never know."  You wait months for an update just so the game is playable, then the update breaks more than it fixes.  And if you're hoping for a quick hotfix to address some of those major issues, you've got a prayer.  "Here's our update.  If it doesn't work, tough.  It's all your gettin."

Now look at DE.  I posted a thread addressing a particular game issue.  I got a direct response from a WF staff member who said that this was his department, and that he would get right on it, and thanked me for bringing the issue to his attention.  A couple hotfixes later, the issue I mentioned was listed in the fixes part of the patch notes.  Now that's a great dev team.  And what a great feeling, to actually have your voice be heard.

We are very lucky to have you, DE.  We know you're human, and we know you make mistakes.  I just want to say that we all love and appreciate you, even when we sometimes (myself included) complain.  Thank you.

--

~Justin Case

At least, huge companies plan their moves much more carefully. DE is so used to pulling out excuses out of their asses instead of doing the necessary tests before launching a new update. It's getting old...

They are really not the best team out there...but they know how to "ask for pity" through those apologetic messages. So yeah...I'm not really impressed by their performance.

No doubt DE is the best development team I've ever seen. Even when things don't go to plan, they don't try to hide it, they acknowledge it and say how they're going to change it next time. As well as every livestream they address questions from fans and keep us informed on future content.

<3 DE

Just to expand my previous post:

If any1 in their work would make this amount of "mistakes" in their work... I don't think any1 would work at the same place the next day.

No doubt DE is the best development team I've ever seen. Even when things don't go to plan, they don't try to hide it, they acknowledge it and say how they're going to change it next time. As well as every livestream they address questions from fans and keep us informed on future content.

<3 DE

Sure they don't. they never did *cough*Dilution*cough*. Best company ever *cough*lies*cough*.

Damn this cold... need to get a Tea.

Edited by MrObvious

We're very lucky to have a company that admits and fixes it's mistakes, but that doesn't keep a game alive.

Apology letters and fixes after rage fits just lead to games where the population surges away after taking a peek at every update and surges back in for the next one because, when frustrated, people don't sit there staring at a brick wall. They will go play something else and get interested. They won't check back until new content is waved in front of them again by a friend or an e-mail to entice them, and then the cycle begins again when they come back for that content and find another post-patch fiasco.

If DE keeps repeating the same mistakes and putting out new content at the same time they screw over a resource, introduce a grind, jack up prices, render old frames or abilities obsolete, and bug out the game they're going to ruin their player base and public games already have plenty of issues with connectivity, host migration, and mixed playstyles.

We need to be realistic about this and give them that feedback as well. 

DE,

Thanks for fixing these issues again, but please alter your QA process so they don't recur at all and we can deal with new issues instead of old ones. Surely you plan to continue releasing content after release. Shouldn't that process be just as open to beta testing and feedback as anything else about Warframe?

Edited by VKhaun

I don't see why you two are so critical of DE...

I mean, it IS a beta, meaning it is in an experimental stage. There ARE going to be things the community won't like, there are going to be bugs, glitches, etc. as there would with ANY game. The reason I think DE is great is that they don't try to hide it like so many other companies do.

Also it's FREE.

i honestly could care less of what people think of DE. Good, bad, weird, lazy, amazing, i heard most of them. However, please dont include me in your post/thread.  " 'we' are very lucky to have DE". you are maybe, but i on the other hand dont feel lucky. In my perspective, i see that the game has slowly been going down hill since i started playing.

We're very lucky to have a company that admits and fixes it's mistakes, but that doesn't keep a game alive.

Apology letters and fixes after rage fits just lead to games where the population surges away after taking a peek at every update and surges back in for the next one because people don't sit there staring at a brick wall. They will go play something else and get interested. They don't check back until new content is waved in front of them again by a friend or an e-mail, and then the cycle begins again when they come back for that content and find what they feel are 'the same' bugs and issues even if they were fixed and came back, so they quickly leave again after getting a taste of the new content (or the new grind).

If DE keeps repeating the same mistakes and putting out new content at the same time they screw over a resource, introduce a grind, jack up prices and bug out the game they're going to ruin their player base and public games already have plenty of issues with connectivity, host migration, and mixed playstyles.

We need to be realistic about thisand give them that feedback as well. 

DE,

Thanks for fixing these issues again, but please alter your QA process so they don't recur at all and we can deal with new issues instead of old ones. Surely you plan to continue releasing content after release. Shouldn't that process be just as open to beta testing and feedback as anything else about Warframe?

You know... they could just actually let maybe the Design Council to don't know... actually be able to have a Test Client, which have the nearly done content Update, test it, break it, and give feedback before they dish it out for the masses?

I mean, it IS a beta, meaning it is in an experimental stage. There ARE going to be things the community won't like, there are going to be bugs, glitches, etc. as there would with ANY game. The reason I think DE is great is that they don't try to hide it like so many other companies do.

Also it's FREE.

Edited by MrObvious

Also it's FREE.

okay,

1. being in beta IS NOT AN excuse. 

2. "the reason i think DE is great is that they dont try to hide it like so many other companies" how would you know? have u hacked into their data base and checked.

3. The game may be FREE TO PLAY. However, if everyone one plays this game for free, then the game would have shut down a long time ago. Meaning, many people have put money into this game (despite not being forced to). However, that doesnt change the fact that this game is not "free" for those selected people anymore.

Edited by Ventias

The idea that devs can hide behind the "open beta" title is a bit silly. I mean, come on, you agree that the game is going to be buggy when you give them your money. You know, which is totally optional.

But let's face it, without DE there would be no Warframe at all. I personally think it's a fantastic game which I've put almost 200 hours into and not looking to stop any time soon. I realise people might not agree with me, but I think we are truly lucky to have DE.

Also would like to add.. cause I got quite pissed off at it...

I wont forget the day Bethesda put out a fully working dlc for skyrim for the xbox and xbox only for like 5 months, and then they release it for ps3... only because Bethesda got money from microsoft to release the xbox dlc...

Now look at DE..

They just gave us 50 platnium just because they wanted to appologize...

They gave away like 3.5 extra $ to EVERY person that made an account before u10...

thats a S#&amp;&#036;load of money if I do say so my self.

Also it's FREE.

They're releasing in November. I can't even get into a mission smoothly. Yes I'm worried for them.

Also would like to add.. cause I got quite &!$$ed off at it...

I wont forget the day Bethesda put out a fully working dlc for skyrim for the xbox and xbox only for like 5 months, and then they release it for ps3... only because Bethesda got money from microsoft to release the xbox dlc...

Now look at DE..

They just gave us 50 platnium just because they wanted to appologize...

They gave away like 3.5 extra $ to EVERY person that made an account before u10...

thats a S#&$load of money if I do say so my self.

50 plat after thousands and thousands of keys got wasted. Cool (no, not cool).

The idea that devs can hide behind the "open beta" title is a bit silly. I mean, come on, you agree that the game is going to be buggy when you give them your money. You know, which is totally optional.

But let's face it, without DE there would be no Warframe at all. I personally think it's a fantastic game which I've put almost 200 hours into and not looking to stop any time soon. I realise people might not agree with me, but I think we are truly lucky to have DE.

Game is released. Every game has beta. The difference is... DE doesn't have the guts to remove the Beta tag... because that's their last resort if they screw up. And let's be honest here... they always screw up.

Edited by MrObvious

I don't get it though, if you hate them so much, why are you still here? Surely if you didn't like the game you would have moved on by now?

because negative feedback is feedback too.

it doesn't help if only "Ohh we love you, you are perfect and everything is always good. LOVE YOU DE"... some1 needs to say that "I hate DE"

Edited by MrObvious

I don't get it though, if you hate them so much, why are you still here? Surely if you didn't like the game you would have moved on by now?

just because we are on the forum, doesnt mean every last one of us still plays the game. In fact a large portion of the forum community are hanging around the forum just to check up on the updates.

also hate is a strong word. I dont hate DE (i doubt anyone does). But i do dislike their approach on some matters in this game.

just because we are on the forum, doesnt mean every last one of us still plays the game. In fact a large portion of the forum community are hanging around the forum just to check up on the updates.

also hate is a strong word. I dont hate DE (i doubt anyone does). But i do dislike their approach on some matters in this game.

I do. My anger towards them slowly turned into hate.