Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Prime: Update 25.3.0

[DE]Drew

First of all, incredible reveals at Tennocon there DE - cheers! Also, thanks again for another update / hotfix and the new Prime Access! Unfortunately, I don't see any mention of fixes and solutions for the following bugs and issues in the update notes, so here's a polite reminder. Quite a few of these are long-standing issues and concerns that have been reported elsewhere by other players as well.

Bugs:

- Broken animations and fx / sfx for Sarpa if attack speed is modded too high.

- Occasional loss of functionality of Exalted melee weapons when playing as a Client.

- Completing Cyanex research removes 17k xp from Clan xp progress (confirmed this myself).

- Completing Komorex research removes 20k xp from Clan xp progress (reported by other players, could actually be 3k xp).

- Baruuk's Desolate Hands' orbiting daggers targeting and killing wildlife, including animals that have been tranquilized for capture as part of Conservation activities. This makes Conservation activities impossible to complete while Desolate Hands is active.

- Weapons glitching occasionally when Baruuk switches out from Serene Storm.

- Loss of sfx for Baruuk's orbiting daggers when they transfer to other players when playing as a Client.

- Zenith will randomly switch to full auto after firing a single shot when in alt-fire mode.

- Host Migrations on Defense missions can randomly reset some player scores to zero while leaving one player's scores intact. This happens after players elect to leave or stay for the next set of waves.

- Host Migrations NOT "pausing" the game at times, wherein enemies will still attack and do damage to the player. This has been an issue for years and it can be game-breaking.

- Failed Host Migrations resulting in a failed mission with a loss of all rewards and pickups. I know there was a recent fix to address failed migrations - but I'm not sure if this part was actually addressed or not.

- During PoE bounties, hacked Drones will occasionally get stuck on terrain and refuse to move, causing the mission to ultimately fail.

- Prosecutors fail to spawn on Exterminate, Survival and Defense nodes on Ceres.

- Garuda's Talons resetting to inactive / un-deployed position after performing a melee stealth kill (naturally when no other melee weapon has been equipped).

- Energy colors still bugged / broken for certain Warframes, weapons, accessories, and abilities. You're getting there though!

- Using Melee while using a Synthesis Scanner defaults to the player's Primary or Secondary weapon when aiming instead of the Scanner after melee. This forces the player to re-enable the Scanner.

- Numerous missing Codex entries.

Balance / Gameplay-related Issues and Concerns:

- Nekros Shadows being affected by Renewal, thus posing a massive and unreasonable energy drain on Oberon players.

- Nyx and Vauban being underwhelming and almost completely out-classed by "meta" damage 'Frames such as Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, Octavia etc.

- Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, Octavia and Mag (at the very least) still being arguably not co-op friendly by being able to dominate / nuke small defense maps with overpowered abilities. All players should be able to contribute and participate in missions in meaningful ways with whatever 'Frame they choose, not be bored to tears because someone decided to delete most of the enemies for everyone with an extremely powerful and easy to spam ability that also has massive range.

- Ability to turn Banshee's Soundquake on and off quickly and repeatedly, generating pulses of high range and damage that can readily and easily clear small maps.

- "Spin 2 Win" tactics dominating melee due to Maiming Strike being always available while conferring massive bonuses to an easily spammable attack move capable of rapidly clearing maps.

- The Wolf of Saturn Six being a boring bullet-sponge and gear-check enemy that punishes players for head-shotting and who rewards us for our troubles with a sub-par drop table that has mods you can easily get anywhere else. Yes he's "weaker" now...but he's still a boring sponge that requires little skill but substantial effort to neutralize. A Nox is a more interesting and reasonable opponent than the Wolf. I mention this because it's more than likely that he will be back at some point.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you all could:

- Allow us, if it's possible, to opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift portals) via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be, so why not potentially intrusive abilities? Not everyone wants to be Banished or wind up running around like a Russian Dwarf Hamster on meta-amphetamines. Win-win for all, with no need for a player to have to "manually opt out" by rolling / dodging every time an intrusive ability is activated and winds up adversely affecting said player.

- Buff fashion frame / customization a bit and give us a color wheel picker to choose colors from instead of having to scroll though numerous pallets to find the color we want. Grey out color blocks on the wheel that are associated with pallets that a player doesn't own.

- Please bring back a manual blocking option for melee. Because 1. there are stances and a couple of mods that used manual blocking and 2. auto-blocking can be really inconvenient and irritating. Which brings me to...

- Please stop defaulting RMB to equipping the last ranged weapon used while a melee weapon is currently equipped - Exalted included. When an Exalted melee ability is active, right-clicking switches from the melee weapon to the last ranged weapon used, forcing players to turn the ability off and then on again which wastes energy. Some of us hate this "switch" feature and want to be able to turn it off. You can work in a toggle so that players can "lock into" whatever melee weapon they have equipped - exalted or otherwise.

- Make Ogris fun again and give it a semi-auto trigger. Make the rockets only detonate after they've traveled 6m (at least), for obvious safety concerns that players have brought up.

- Bring back regular Alerts for players that either can't or don't want to deal with Nightwave. We players appreciate having options and Nightwave has not been particularly new-player friendly. To add to this, a number of players have complained about how Nitain is now being effectively locked behind Nightwave credits and a very unreliable reward system (Sabotage & Cetus Bounty, the latter only when Ghouls are present).

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera and drop the resource costs substantially. It's a purely cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds. Also, if these are supposed to be a prestige item / badge of honor...they need to be a GUARANTEED reward when reaching a particular milestone. If not, lower the grind needed to acquire them please.

- Lower the cost of Domestik aka "Corpus Roomba" - a mobile cosmetic - to 35 - 50p. At present, it costs significantly more than a Sentinel. 100p for something that does nothing but run around when 75p grants players a Sentinel with a weapon and useful abilities is a bit much, especially considering that most Orbiter cosmetics don't cost more than 25p.

Thanks for reading. No, I really couldn't care less if certain points I've made here are unpopular or not.

Woah I am beyond hyped right now! Brilliant Job DE! I hope these missions dont feel repetitive and have some procedural elements to them to keep things fresh, just like the tilesets. Either way I am ultra-hyped for whatever you reveal!

2 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera and drop the resource costs substantially. It's a purely cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds. Also, if these are supposed to be a prestige item / badge of honor...they need to be a GUARANTEED reward when reaching a particular milestone. If not, lower the grind needed to acquire them please.

Like you said, they're just a cosmetic, so they don't need to be anything.

3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Nightwave Series 2 Changes
Based on your feedback, Nightwave Series 2 introduces a suite of changes to reduce the time and tension of earning rewards. Some of these went live with Nightwave: Intermission, but let’s refresh our minds:

• Playing Catch-Up! - We added a way for you to replay missed Acts from previous weeks, in case you have missed them!
  • De-grindification! - Less Weekly and Elite Weekly acts, but still giving the same amount of Standing as you would get from Series 1! In addition, we are looking to front-load Emissary Creds as an earlier reward for participating in the Series!
  • Act Changes! - We have lowered the Time and Wave requirements for some Endless Mission Acts, as well as lowering the cost of Ayatan Statues (this was implemented during Series 1). In addition, we have also removed the ‘with friends’ requirements from all of our Nightwave Acts!
  • New Acts! - Including the most important one... petting your Kubrow or Kavat! We also included some Acts for Kuva missions, Transmuting Mods, K-Drive Races and more!

If you haven't yet, check out our full Dev Workshop on Series 2 Changes:

Even though we kept complaining about them and saying how bad they are the very first week of the new nightwave has....

Gild a weapon and 3 forma on a weapon....  I am not going to build an amp/zaw/kitgun just to level and gild it when I already have done it for the mr....

The 3 forma is detrimental to new players as they'll likely feel it 'necessary' to buy forma with plat, for higher level players, we might not actually have anything to add forma too....

And you just had to sling in disruption too, I know you want us to play the new game modes but it's well boring imo... 12 conduits for 4.5k isn't exactly well balanced either imo.

Pretty cool reveal, well done DE. 

After seeing fortuna I said I'll never get hyped about Warframe but I am hyped again. I know de will find ways to disappoint me again, but fingers crossed. 

Nightwave needs to be harder not softer. Playing with friends and clanmates missions is what gonna make people make friends and join good clans. New players do not need to be able to complete all missions, and not being able to complete all missions should act as an intensive for them to get better and stronger. This game has so many things for new players, they get seriously lost. You need to add content for when they are not new anymore. 

Make things harder and More challenging. That's the proper way to make content stick.

Archived