Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pre Rework Wukong Mains feedback on his Rework.

(PSN)chibitonka

With the surfacing of so many new Wukong Mains, curious what those of us that were toting him before hand think of his rework. With reasons why they think so as well. 

Personally I hate his rework, it fails to encompass what comes to mind as a Sun Wukong Fan.

Cloud walker never should've stayed as a castable ability, the loss of Iron Jab stings horribly when it just needed a couple tweaks, the fact his clone count is restricted to 1, constantly having to use cloudwalker for survivability, the fact defy draws aggro onto you when guardian derision is a thing. The fact the armor given is inconsequential at higher level play. The passive feels like a cheap safety net with just random powers draw, yes ik they are supposed to hint at his other powers but it's still a lousy way of putting them in. 

No better implementation of his cloud walking, lack of responsive mobility that doesn't take the player out of the action, lack of clone density, lack of shapeshifting/spellcasting. 

Great. This rework didnt make him a first in slot pick or a meta pick in any mission type but made him good and synergistic within his own kit and thats what i feel most of us were asking for. There's some slight changes and tweaks that could be made but those are completely unnecessary. Pablo found a great direction to take him in and it makes me extremely happy

• Like 2

Is this a troll post? Wukong really only lost his 100% immortality but in exchange he gained a lot more interesting abilities, his one is now one of the best specters in game and follows his lore, his two is now actually useful as a transportation method and makes him into one of the best spy frames while also healing him, his three while I would wish for its armor to scale with strength still provides a good armor buff and finally his 4 now actually deals damage and good damage at that. Unless you're fassing level 200+ enemies wukongs survivability is good.

• Like 1

Not a main but I'll still provide my opinion on most of it.

Passive: I liked the combo multiplier duration bonus better and having his revives be part of defy. Might be better if he recharged them somehow instead of it only being 3 per mission ever. Definitely needs work.

1.I like the idea of the clones better than the jab but they need a bit of work. The AI(like basically all AI) is kinda dumb as hell and definately easily confused if you switch weapons alot.

I'd recommend making the ability tap to switch which weapon he's using if you don't have a target to give a little better control over him and lessen his confusion from you constantly going shoot stab shoot stab shoot a bit.

2.Make it a channeled ability again. Other than that I like the changes to the cloud.

3.Old defy was better. Not much else to say about it.

4.Hard for me to give an opinion because the 2.9 control changes make it hard for me to judge the feel of it. Maybe if I wasn't constantly pulling out my gun and zooming in every time I hit right click for whatever reason eh? But I never liked the old iron staff much anyway.

Edited by Sikelh

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Cloudwalker was never a channelled ability.

You sure about that? Because I remember it staying in the cloud before for as long as I had energy to spend on it instead of having to constantly recast over long distances. Either way it'd be better as one.

Edited by Sikelh

10 minutes ago, Sikelh said:

You sure about that? Because I remember it staying in the cloud before for as long as I had energy to spend on it instead of having to constantly recast over long distances. Either way it'd be better as one.

Asking DeMonkey if he's sure about something regarding Wukong... :tongue:

Yes, it wasn't a channelled ability. It didn't drain energy per second, it was duration based (25 by default iirc) with an additional drain per unit of distance moved. This allowed for things like energy pads and Zenurik to still restore energy whilst in Cloudwalker.

Besides the passive being limited per life while not giving benefits for not dying and cloud walker no longer being channeled, I think he's great. Well his survivability has plummeted, at cap defy only gives him ~80% damage reduction but I guess you can salvage that with adaptation or arcane guardian. Yet again, any frame can turn into a decent frame with that setup.

4 minutes ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

Oh well I'm not sure what to call the kind of energy drain it used then but the duration was better with it, it also was pretty energy efficient.

Drain on move. Channeled abilities last as long as you have the energy for them. Cloudwalker had a duration, a very good duration, but a duration nonetheless.

Personally I feel he is a bit too good now, bit too OP, but he is no room clearing Saryn so atleast other players wont be annoyed by a Wukongs presence.

Iron Jab was great but this clone is cool as well, though I would have liked it more if the spawned a few weaker clones then one copy.
Also would like it if the clones would have the Negative of your chosen colours.

Defy was a unique sort of immortality mechanic and I would like it if they brought it back on a future frame, but the new defy is cool.
I do wish the new Defy armor boost would last a bit longer though.

The new Cloudwalking is better but I wanted it so that when you went into cloudwalking you kept the speed you had going in it, so walking would mean a slow moving cloud, running would mean a faster moving cloud and bullet jumping would mean a really fast cloud, it would be a fun level of control imo.

New Primal fury is just way better.

37 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

Defy was a unique sort of immortality mechanic and I would like it if they brought it back on a future frame, but the new defy is cool.
I do wish the new Defy armor boost would last a bit longer though.

I wouldnt call it unique, since it was nothing more than a invulnerability period that you could extend and thus abuse for perma immortality.

à l’instant, BlachWolf a dit :

I wouldnt call it unique, since it was nothing more than a invulnerability period that you could extend and thus abuse for perma immortality.

Now nothing prevents them to make a cooldown for a passive ability. Let's say 10 minutes to 1 ignoring the death of quite a would be. It's not very clear why they didn't want to do it.

Just now, BlachWolf said:

Well is there anything else in the game like it?
If not then its unique.

I just thought the 100 health, dies, 5 sec immortality, 70 health, dies, 5 sec immortality, 40 health, dies, 5 sec immortality, 10 health, dies, actually goes down, was an interesting way of doing it.
Effectively he just had a bigger then showing healthbar.
And it worked well with the Rage mod.

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

Now nothing prevents them to make a cooldown for a passive ability. Let's say 10 minutes to 1 ignoring the death of quite a would be. It's not very clear why they didn't want to do it.

That would've been a bad ability, 10 min in warframe is a lot of time. If anything they should've implemented it as khoras venari bodyguard augment.

à l’instant, BlachWolf a dit :

That would've been a bad ability, 10 min in warframe is a lot of time. If anything they should've implemented it as khoras venari bodyguard augment.

Either way it's better than just 3 times. It is very bad when we can not restore anything on the mission and this thing is very small. 

16 minutes ago, ZoneDymo said:

Well is there anything else in the game like it?
If not then its unique.

Hildryns passive, niduses stacks, oberons renewal and khoras venari bodyguard augment. Those are the ones I can think of right away , nezha with his invulnerability periad before and after his halo is also comparable but not as much as the other 4 I previously mentioned.

All of these abilities you cant abuse, at least not permanently and passively like wukongs old Ignore death button, which didnt even require maintenance.

I just thought the 100 health, dies, 5 sec immortality, 70 health, dies, 5 sec immortality, 40 health, dies, 5 sec immortality, 10 health, dies, actually goes down, was an interesting way of doing it.

It wasnt interesting since it gave you immortality, which you never had to manage. It was like activating god mode in minecraft.

Effectively he just had a bigger then showing healthbar.
And it worked well with the Rage mod.

Exceedingly good, especially if you had an arcane grace set.

Edited by BlachWolf

5 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Either way it's better than just 3 times. It is very bad when we can not restore anything on the mission and this thing is very small. 

I've suggested they changed it to a cooldown or atleast something that allows you to recover at least one gate at max after you consumed them all. But to be honest he's still plenty survivable and aside from t4 he can easily tank upwards of lvl 200 enemies if you know how to mod him. In addition he can actually deal some serious damage comparable to exalted blade.

il y a 1 minute, BlachWolf a dit :

I've suggested they changed it to a cooldown or atleast something that allows you to recover at least one gate at max after you consumed them all. But to be honest he's still plenty survivable and aside from t4 he can easily tank upwards of lvl 200 enemies if you know how to mod him. In addition he can actually deal some serious damage comparable to exalted blade.

This is the basic paradox. This passive ability could be used at levels greater than 200, but due to the fact that there are only 3 of them it is very difficult.