Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoLive over, ''railjack'' thoughts?

Wicker-G041

Since i played Warframe i was fantasizing about an archwing space-war tileset. What they showed at TennoCon blew my mind because it had everything- AND more i fantasized about. What would be cool though in my honest opinion, you guys saw that part where one of the peeps hijacked a grineer ship similar to their railjack? What if we could travel with that through navigation if we manage to leave one in proper shape, but when we don't need it anymore we kamikaze it into another enemy ship, and in the process you get off the ship safely? I dunno just a thought. But, what do you guys think they missed? Or perhaps you just wanna chat about TennoCon, leave a comment, i won't bite

• Like 4

I was disappointed. It's been a year since last tennocon and nothing about the core gameplay of railjack seems improved or less clunky/complicated. If anything it seems like they added even more random stuff just for the sake of complexity. Some of those ui screens for all the various systems and having to somehow manually adjust everything in real time was giving me panic attacks just watching it. I guess I would just always designate myself as being a person who would be on the boarding party 100% of the time because none of the flying, ship combat, moving sliders or putting out fires seems like engaging gameplay or fun to me. 

At E3 I remember some interview where Steve or another dev was talking about modeling it after robotech or macross and it is nothing close to it. Archwing has been long maligned as a standalone game play type and I don't really know anyone that likes archwing aside from a means of getting around open worlds faster. This seems like archwing 2.0 in the sense that it is a huge resource investment that will ultimately engage players for a short amount of time and then be forgotten about or not played at all unless it is necessary. 

If there is some way we can get those npc crew members to do all of the mundane and seemingly pointless tasks on the ship for us that would be great. I would love to just hop in solo and raid ships, fly around without worrying about turning my shields on or failing a mission because a fire I forgot about caused my ship to blow up. Even in the demo they tried to gloss over it but the main gun ran out of power, what was supposed to be a huge laser and exciting moment got ruined because of either a bug or a poorly designed system. 

Now assuming the squad link and the kingpin features are independent of railjack and can be used in normal missions on existing tilesets or in the open worlds then I am much more excited for those and it seemed like they were glossed over. They didn't really talk about why would I squad link with someone other than being a nice person and how the rewards would be balanced and what sort of things I get from that. If opting in to squad link just gives me railjack resources I dunno how worthwhile that is going to be when you can just play railjack yourself. 

I was most excited for the new war and hoping we would get gameplay of the new sentient tileset but the art panel actually showed us ten times more than this did. I know they joked about how E3 they show canned presentations of people who are not actually playing the game but there is a reason for it because it is the most clear and direct way devs can showcase what they want. In this presentation everyone and everything was moving so fast that there was a lot left unexplained. 

I liked most of it, but i hope the crew is added to the fighting parts of rail jack and is not just a SC2 style between mission thing in the game. Also It would be nice if you could equip guns and other things to the crew and they could take over the role the specters have in the game now. would add a lot more to calling down your crew to aid you in a mission then just some specter that doesn't really make sense in the world were in.

• Like 4

My biggest emotion at the end of railjack was being concerned. It definitely looks fun and I'll give it a shot the moment it comes out, but just like Archwing, I'm worried if it'll stick to the playerbase and not be another system that only exists for us to grind new resource #400 then stop after we got enough. You can tell they put a lot of effort into this update so I'd hate to see it go to waste. It's hard to shake players away from only using their Warframe, so I hope it ends up being like present Operators where the railjack always has some purpose and gives you something to work towards to for your Warframe itself (Like the Focus schools whether you even like Operators or not it's still useful).

22 minutes ago, Helsiege said:

My biggest emotion at the end of railjack was being concerned. It definitely looks fun and I'll give it a shot the moment it comes out, but just like Archwing, I'm worried if it'll stick to the playerbase and not be another system that only exists for us to grind new resource #400 then stop after we got enough. You can tell they put a lot of effort into this update so I'd hate to see it go to waste. It's hard to shake players away from only using their Warframe, so I hope it ends up being like present Operators where the railjack always has some purpose and gives you something to work towards to for your Warframe itself (Like the Focus schools whether you even like Operators or not it's still useful).

This. ^ If Raijack becomes another Lunaro, Warframe is done for. Which I believe Steve was extremely nervous about when presenting it. But I have faith in these guys. It seems like they're really trying to connect everything together.

4 hours ago, kazeyama said:

They didn't really talk about why would I squad link with someone other than being a nice person and how the rewards would be balanced and what sort of things I get from that.

I question again and again if Steve even plays Warframe at all. One of the biggest complains - guess what - host migrations. But now you can do it for TWO squads at once? Yay!

Another story is how many "fish teams" are out there actually. Like how many people are sitting in their mission doing nothing, like F***NG really? Yea, it was a good show, but gameplay wise it looks absolutely terrible and raw. Remember melee 3.0? Yea...

Second year we got teasers about same new war and railjack, and it's still months from happening. All we got was a very beautiful but boring Fortuna and a new daily grinding system. Steam avg. players is the lowest since 2017(!). Things don't look good.

Maybe you guys should find a new game. That preview was incredible and they've added a ton of detail since the last preview, not to mention the engine change. It's like a whole other game, but one where you can have an effect on someone still playing the same old romp. The squad-link is genius, and since code-side it would only need to send a completion tag at key points host-migrations are a non-issue; the other squad wouldn't have the same host.

The only thing that concerns me is that I'll never want to go back to the orbiter. Which by the way, why don't they just merge with the dojo? Isn't the orbiter supposed to be huge? Have the existing orbiter just be each player's room and have a door that opens into the dojo to eliminate that load, then replace the Liset with the Railjack for instant cohesion.

• Like 4

I'm rather disappointed coz we are essentially doing the same stuff again but with a more complicated transportation. No noticeable improvement in archwings (still the Blink change is good, I will give them that). Actually I don't remember them doing anything with archwings other than a glorified taxi.

At least we are getting something new to customize and a larger place to decorate (still I don't understand why don't they just replace the orbiter with that big@ss space ship or make them connected directly instead of making it a dojo feature).  But as a game mode I'm not really looking forward for it. Would rather get melee 3.0 or TNW first.

Edited by Marvelous_A

17 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

(still the Blink change is good, I will give them that).

I'm a bit skeptical about that myself there was a noticeable pause between blinks so I'm going to wager that the concession to giving every Archwing the ability to Blinkjump (akin to Bulletjumping) was that it has some sort of hard cooldown unlike Bulletjumping. Plus it's highly unlikely to be effected by power range mods so unless they add a specific "blink range' mod to the game it's going to have a fixed range. 

So the thing that made Blinking good, the ability to spam it to cover vast distance in the shortest period of time possible, could very well be absent. I'm tempering my expectations to a watered down version of Blink, my main hope at this point being I hope it isn't so watered down as to be practically too much trouble to bother with.

I am however quite interested in seeing what ability replaced it in the Itzals toolkit.  

Edited by Oreades

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

Maybe you guys should find a new game. That preview was incredible and they've added a ton of detail since the last preview, not to mention the engine change. It's like a whole other game, but one where you can have an effect on someone still playing the same old romp. The squad-link is genius, and since code-side it would only need to send a completion tag at key points host-migrations are a non-issue; the other squad wouldn't have the same host.

The only thing that concerns me is that I'll never want to go back to the orbiter. Which by the way, why don't they just merge with the dojo? Isn't the orbiter supposed to be huge? Have the existing orbiter just be each player's room and have a door that opens into the dojo to eliminate that load, then replace the Liset with the Railjack for instant cohesion.

Because it only makes sense for clans with very few members or soloers since treating orbiters as extensions of the dojo would be catastrophic for clans of mountain tiers as it would require a massive multi level "dock" for hundreds of people coming and going all the time. Pretty much redo the entire geography of the dojo

I agree that it would make sense lore wise but the actual in game execution would be down right catastrophic in terms of resources

Edited by Olphalarepth

I was screaming so much. It looks damn amazing. Steve has wanted to make something like this for so long. It's been his dream. And you could see how nervous he was. Both in seeing if it would even work. And that he gets to share his dream with us. 

As a long time player I was also super happy to learn that my excess of resources could be used instead of the same grind that happens with new content. 

I was geeking out about all the custom options for the ship and being able to hire a crew. Seeing the ship come and go in real time was awesome. 

I was losing it when I saw how they boarded. Stealing a ship. Being able to aid allies while still flying your ship. Etc. And about died when I saw two squads working together seemlessly. 

Even if the stuff ends up being slightly janky or not 100% the vision he wanted I'll still be happy to play it. Open world's are nice and I'm excited to see how they can improve upon it. But this kind of expansion is the kind warframe needed to elivate itself from the same old repetition. 

They still need to do a lot to make the game where it should be. But I hope to see more like this from them in the future. This stuff is exactly what keeps a vet such as myself interested and invested. 

It looked beautiful, the sounds were amazing BUT a mix of Everspace, Sea of Thieves and FTL it is not why I play Warframe. I am not in the market of a space shooter with constant micro management of energy and small missions on top. 

I saw a new tileset that looked almost like Doom and that got my hopes up.

What tennocon told me personally. You will spend more time with Borderlands 3 and Destiny 2 this year. 

Il y a 6 heures, (XB1)Kavriel a dit :

Good idea, the liset is only an immersion breaker now, you can have a liset at the start of the game but I think player dojo rooms with instant access to railjack is a good idea 

There is still a bunch of stuff missing in the game and im pretty sure they forgot about some here is a shortlist.

-2 syndicates still need warframe quests

-The 3de and last orb mother

-More stuff to do on orb vallis since its a nice place with almost nothing to do there

-melee 3.0

-missions outside ghaol event that uses the caves on POE or the random mission that spawn container there.

-a better way to get aura forma than arbitrations.

-host migration fixes

and now they are adding railjack sure it looks good but i would like it if they could finnish something mainly orb valis i would atleast want the last orb before something completely new before its forgotten 

Edited by b4timert

I am looking forward to it because I finally have a reason to invest into Archwing. I believe this will not be another Lunaro due to Empyrean will be included in the main game progression and gameplay.

But the one thing I worry is how the game handle host migration if somehow the host left in the middle of a railjack mission. I would rather if the host leaves mid game it will instantly end the game but you will keep your current rewards, because looking at how complex the mission is it will make Host Migrations a nightmare and very prone to bug out.

I have been unable to get excited about Railjack ever since it was first revealed, and that has not changed. All I see is DE falling into the same trap that so many other big game companies have. They are trying to do too many disparate things in a single game. This may seem great at first, more things to do and more ways to play is awesome, right? But the reality pretty much always ends up disappointing, with each section basically being an inferior copy of something you could find in another, more focused game.

I would much rather see DE stay focused on the core aspects of Warframe than try to add so many completely different elements. They only have so many development resources at their disposal, and splitting them into smaller groups for each individual piece will only make the whole suffer. One of the best games I have played recently is DUSK, and one of the main reasons it's so good is because it's so focused. It does no more than it needs to, but it does it extremely well. Every single piece of DUSK is extremely polished. Unlike Warframe, which is already an unfocused mess of long forgotten bugs and unfinished systems. And adding all this new Railjack stuff is only going to make it all worse.

Basically, I would rather play a game that does 1~2 things really well, over a game that does several things half decently. So, I would much rather have Warframe stay completely focused on making the shooting and looting the best it can be, and stop getting distracted by all this mining, sports, spaceships, or any other peripheral things.

32 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

I have been unable to get excited about Railjack ever since it was first revealed, and that has not changed. All I see is DE falling into the same trap that so many other big game companies have. They are trying to do too many disparate things in a single game. This may seem great at first, more things to do and more ways to play is awesome, right? But the reality pretty much always ends up disappointing, with each section basically being an inferior copy of something you could find in another, more focused game.

I would much rather see DE stay focused on the core aspects of Warframe than try to add so many completely different elements. They only have so many development resources at their disposal, and splitting them into smaller groups for each individual piece will only make the whole suffer. One of the best games I have played recently is DUSK, and one of the main reasons it's so good is because it's so focused. It does no more than it needs to, but it does it extremely well. Every single piece of DUSK is extremely polished. Unlike Warframe, which is already an unfocused mess of long forgotten bugs and unfinished systems. And adding all this new Railjack stuff is only going to make it all worse.

Basically, I would rather play a game that does 1~2 things really well, over a game that does several things half decently. So, I would much rather have Warframe stay completely focused on making the shooting and looting the best it can be, and stop getting distracted by all this mining, sports, spaceships, or any other peripheral things.

You know what, if they make it an "orbiter overhaul" I'd have been more hyped about it. I'd admit the new ship is stunning and I can't wait to get it, but the fleet fight stuff is just not appealing to me.

Love everything that was shown for it, the core stuff(combat, exploration,...), customization, NPCs(hope we can place them inside the dojo in other room, not only the drydock), Kingpin system(really glad that this isn't dead) and the fact that other player teams can affect your mission which is an cool new addition.

christmas

it's really disappointing to see the same stuff that didn't excite me last year with some feature creep added in. I get it. They couldn't just release it because then they couldn't go back and add this progression system to it after the fact. Though waiting all this time for a progression system really sucks.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

Maybe you guys should find a new game.

This is really an issue of Warframe finding new customers, which I'm sure they can do. It's not my responsibility to make myself excited for the game. It's just a progression system on top of railjack, some feature ripped out of shadows of mordor, and graphical upgrades.

Edited by Worm4real

I like new assassination like from assassin creed game. And in the end all this look like interesting end game. But im just hoping that from frst base ship you can use teleport to new battle ship and not going in dojo just for that,over and over again