Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaosusan

real #spaceninja -> your opinion? =)

Soooo...what a crazy giveaway..huh? What do you think about it...250k and with that money to go into the real space. Sounds cool, though. 

But interesting is the part, that they stated in their rules, that the winner have to book everything (spacetrip and such) on its own and more important: if the price for going into space is more than 250k, winner have to pay the gap themselves. But it's still cool.

(the full rules and such => https://www.warframe.com/contest-rules)

But I have a question for that: they wrote something like you need to log in (website) and to aknowledge that you're parcitipating - where to do that? Everytime i get back to the rules site but theres no possibility to smash a button or such...

Can't even participate since most of Europe isn't eligible for the sweepstakes 😞

vor 1 Minute schrieb Vox_Preliator:

https://www.warframe.com/spaceninja is where you enter, right under the Play Free Now button.  You may need to disable your browser's scriptblocker while you do it, it opens a fancy popup thing.

yeah, found out myself a second ago. Thanks. They could make it more...well bigger? 😃

Real space? Meh. It's just vacuum and radiation and bits of satellites launched 20 years ago flying at thousands of kilometres an hour everywhere. It's blazing hot and freezing cold at the same time, and you'll be crammed like a sardine into some tiny capsule and forced to "do business" into a bag.

Er... ...sorry about that. I just like to deconstruct things in a nihilistic manner. Just my bad habit, can't help it. Don't let me be your kill joy.

Space tourists...

Yay, more avoidable atmospheric pollution and fuel consumption for nothing...

you actually just get 250,000 to do what ever with. I would personally use that to pay off my student debt and invest the rest

$250,000 seems to be the dollar figure that Virgin Galactic has for getting you just past the boundary into space, which aligns pretty closely with the terms/conditions that state this is DE's estimate of how much it costs to go to space. If, however, you want to go to something like the ISS (which, coincidentally, NASA has opened to tourists for a cost of $35,000 a night), it's going to cost you something like $60 million to get up there. 

So yeah, keeping the money seems like a better bet (particularly because I imagine there's going to be a sizable chunk of tax on that). 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb BraverLeech37:

you actually just get 250,000 to do what ever with. I would personally use that to pay off my student debt and invest the rest

This seems interesting. They wrote the winner gets a sheck of 250k but i could not find a text that the winner really need to spend the 250k for flying into space. So yeah...it could be, the winner can do whatever he/she want to...^^

27 minutes ago, Tangvaffel said:

Can't even participate since most of Europe isn't eligible for the sweepstakes 😞

Same. This giveaway seemed interesting... and then the eligibility conditions hit me like a truck.

5 minutes ago, Kaosusan said:

This seems interesting. They wrote the winner gets a sheck of 250k but i could not find a text that the winner really need to spend the 250k for flying into space. So yeah...it could be, the winner can do whatever he/she want to...^^

"The Winner must arrange for the space trip directly with a provider if the Winner chooses to use the cash awarded for a space trip."

The prize Is 250k towards a space trip and one of those for sure Is over 500k.

If they made the 250k prize for any purpose that would be amazlng, paying student loan and some investment would save most of the 18-30 years old people.

My inner misanthrope definitely wouldn't use the opportunity to hijack the spaceship and finally try to live on the dark side of the Moon or Mars or somewhere else far from people instead of doing something i could practically experience just by looking at NASA livestreams, not at all. :")

Too bad this would take a lot of preparation to even consider...

PRIZE DRAWING, PRIZE DESCRIPTION AND ODDS OF WINNING On or about January 10, 2019, a random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator from among all eligible entries received under the supervision of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.

January 10, 2019

A slight typo perhaps? 😄

I don't even get from the description what we need to do. Just register and play along as usual!?

OTOH I might need some sleep.

9 hours ago, KawaiiAsumi said:

Bad when half of the world can't even join

I full heartily agree with you, it's highly unfortunate that "The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Germany, the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and Canada (excluding Quebec, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands and other United States overseas territories and military institutions)" and not the rest of the world or larger parts of the world

I hope I don't accidentally win.. with all my fears this would be a complete Clustertruck..

Money would be nice, but the powers-that-be can't keep aircraft from crashing yet. No way I'm trusting them with a trip to space, lol.

Would've been great if they also make another 250K sweepstake that includes the other countries. Kinda hurts getting shafted again..............