Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ReaverKane

Nightwave Series 2, already a poor start...

Recommended Posts

Come on DE...
Forma and Gild on the same week? The two worse challenges in the whole Nightwave cycle, and yes that's way worse than doing anything "with a friend". How do you look at the game data and see players gilding items every week? Or EVERYONE using 3 Forma every week? Because that's pretty much the metric you should have for NON-ELITE challenges. And yet here we are...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yar gotta admit, after being amped to play after watching TennoLive stream.. I was instantly disappointed to see yet again a gild and forma objective... literally have gilded and forma'd everything (bar the newest prime access but Im still deciding on that due to things like this) and Im really tired of doing it over and over for absolutely no gain other than some points. If you must include those missions make them worth 1k so people who have already spent a gozillion hours in your game doing exactly that can skip it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, don't mind the Forma one. Still going through my pile of 58 Formas I got from Plague Star. So much to catch up on.

As for the gild one, I have a zaw scythe sitting in my inventory waiting for this very moment.

Not saying they don't suck, just that they're super easy for me. Again, it's all about planning ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KnossosTNC said:

Eh, don't mind the Forma one. Still going through my pile of 58 Formas I got from Plague Star. So much to catch up on.

As for the gild one, I have a zaw scythe sitting in my inventory waiting for this very moment.

Thats a problem in and of itself.. because I know lots of people who dont use their weapons or try their new stuff.. purely to save them for this. It makes players not.. play.. with their stuff. Thats dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you just skip the ones you can't or don't want to do and do the ones you can or do want to do?

There will be more than enough time for everyone to hit level 30... I did so with Act 1 and once I hit 30 I still had a few weeks to spare before all was said and done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Why don't you just skip the ones you can't or don't want to do and do the ones you can or do want to do?

There will be more than enough time for everyone to hit level 30... I did so with Act 1 and once I hit 30 I still had a few weeks to spare before all was said and done.

Act 1 ran longer than it was supposed to, and this time around there are less missions and they're worth more rep. So skipping punishes more this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zanchak said:

Thats a problem in and of itself.. because I know lots of people who dont use their weapons or try their new stuff.. purely to save them for this. It makes players not.. play.. with their stuff. Thats dumb.

Again, didn't say they don't suck, but I don't think taking your time and planning ahead is such a bad thing. In many ways, the game already encourages you to do that. I personally already do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hurin_Thalion said:

Forma and gild are bad enough, but I thought Day Trader was the most bullS#&$ challenge they gave us in Nightwave one, and we've got that one again in week one too.  What #*!%ery.

Eh. Limbo and Redeemer Prime. Credits as side reward. Even goes well with the Credit Booster they just gave away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Croix_Bartel said:

Act 1 ran longer than it was supposed to, and this time around there are less missions and they're worth more rep. So skipping punishes more this time around.

Well, in that case it's a massive disaster.

I suppose a lot of people are gonna quit outright.

What a bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Again, didn't say they don't suck, but I don't think taking your time and planning ahead is such a bad thing. In many ways, the game already encourages you to do that. I personally already do.

Personally I don't get the reasoning of the person you responded to. Maybe I'm still too much of a novice, but I've got so many unclaimed frames and weapons and forma in my Foundry that this really is a non-issue in my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how they STILL haven't gotten the memo that resource spending is not a good idea for a challenge.

Its not even a challenge, its literally just a resource tax, especially the Gild one because of how stiff the modular system works in Warframe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Again, didn't say they don't suck, but I don't think taking your time and planning ahead is such a bad thing. In many ways, the game already encourages you to do that. I personally already do.

How does one take their time when they have everything already? Forma'd and gilded.. multiple times. They aren't thinking of "everyone" anymore and havent for a long time.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Personally I don't get the reasoning of the person you responded to. Maybe I'm still too much of a novice, but I've got so many unclaimed frames and weapons and forma in my Foundry that this really is a non-issue in my mind.

The reasoning is simple, I'm not new. I don't have unclaimed things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zanchak said:

The reasoning is simple, I'm not new. I don't have unclaimed things.

Hence my stating that I might still be too much of a novice, and backing up this statement by saying maybe you should just skip this challenge and trust that you'll have more than enough time and capacity to complete other ones that allow you to hit level 30... 

🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy, just skip them, I believe I skip every challenge that I dont wanna do and still get to max rank like before. And with the catchup mechanic its becoming more safe to reach max rank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Personally I don't get the reasoning of the person you responded to. Maybe I'm still too much of a novice, but I've got so many unclaimed frames and weapons and forma in my Foundry that this really is a non-issue in my mind.

Well, lots of people DON'T take their time. They've poured plats into potatoes and Formas and spend all day at Hydron and Adaro, levelling everything as fast as possible.

Me? I haven't spent a single plat on either of those, and like to "slow level" things, like how I'm currently bring my Synapse on my Marduk runs and my Brakk on my Tridolon. Far slower, yes, but I don't care. I'm enjoying myself.

Different strokes for different folks, each with their pros and cons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just build a Zaw, it takes literally 1 hour to farm and gild them (not including the building downtime).

They should decrease the forma building time if they want to keep that Challenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KnossosTNC said:

Well, lots of people DON'T take their time. They've poured plats into potatoes and Formas and spend all day at Hydron and Adaro, levelling everything as fast as possible.

Me? I haven't spent a single plat on either of those, and like to "slow level" things, like how I'm currently bring my Synapse on my Marduk runs and my Brakk on my Tridolon. Far slower, yes, but I don't care. I'm enjoying myself.

Different strokes for different folks, each with their pros and cons.

Which is why I suggest that some folks should just take a deep breath and relax and realise that this is just a game... Everyone isn't - and shouldn't be - entitled to every single thing under every single circumstance. 

Nightwave is an excercise in challenging players, not in digital egalitarianism...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Well, lots of people DON'T take their time. They've poured plats into potatoes and Formas and spend all day at Hydron and Adaro, levelling everything as fast as possible.

Me? I haven't spent a single plat on either of those, and like to "slow level" things, like how I'm currently bring my Synapse on my Marduk runs and my Brakk on my Tridolon. Far slower, yes, but I don't care. I'm enjoying myself.

Different strokes for different folks, each with their pros and cons.

Wow. Judgey McJudge.

Maybe they've taken their time, over many many years and are complete.. and don't fit in with that little spew right there. I personally hate level campers and bumrushers but lets assume shall we?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Which is why I suggest that some folks should just take a deep breath and relax and realise that this is just a game... Everyone isn't - and shouldn't be - entitled to every single thing under every single circumstance. 

Nightwave is an excercise in challenging players, not in digital egalitarianism...

It's not being entitled to wish they'd think of everyone instead of just new players. It's an all too common complaint now. (And no, I dont want an "endgame" I just want some clear thought behind things) It's also not a challenge to stick forma on something over and over again, nor gild something. They aren't challenges, even at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

How does one take their time when they have everything already? Forma'd and gilded.. multiple times. They aren't thinking of "everyone" anymore and havent for a long time.

I am aware. Many spend all day at Hydron and Adaro levelling everything fast and now don't have anything else to devour. I don't have anything against them, and I can appreciate the upsides to that way of playing, but there is also a price they pay for rushing through the game so fast.

As I said, I don't like this act either, but it is a reminder that there are pros and cons to everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 38 minutes, ReaverKane a dit :

Come on DE...
Forma and Gild on the same week? The two worse challenges in the whole Nightwave cycle, and yes that's way worse than doing anything "with a friend". How do you look at the game data and see players gilding items every week? Or EVERYONE using 3 Forma every week? Because that's pretty much the metric you should have for NON-ELITE challenges. And yet here we are...

whats the Gild chalenge ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zanchak said:

Wow. Judgey McJudge.

Maybe they've taken their time, over many many years and are complete.. and don't fit in with that little spew right there. I personally hate level campers and bumrushers but lets assume shall we?

Didn't judge. As I said, I can appreciate some of the advantages of playing that way, and I don't begrudge them one bit. I just play a different way, and they both have their pros and cons.

I'm sure there are a few veteran players out there who did slowly complete everything, but the game has grown a lot over the years, and considering the frequency of "LF Hydron" on recruitment chat, I'd say there's a lot more of the fast levellers than the veterans.

I feel for both of them, I really do. But again, everything has their pros and cons. It's not possible to cater to every player's individual circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (PS4)HellianKarmas said:

whats the Gild chalenge ?

 

You have a week to gild a modular (Zaw/Kitgun/K-Drive) item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, (PS4)HellianKarmas said:

whats the Gild chalenge ?

 

You have to gild a modular item; a zaw, a kitgun or an amp.

It's not hard; you can build a zaw in an hour, run Pago at Kuva Fortress with a Ivara and an Affinity booster just once, then return to Cetus.

However, it is a little bit of a waste of time if you've already levelled up everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...