Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 2, already a poor start...

ReaverKane

Wjat kills me the most with NW is the lore delivery. I remember reading that it was supposed to be a new lore delivery tool but for me its fallen flat. I cant stand her vpice and so far none of the lore fits into the lore, if that makes sense. Might just be me but the who what where is just blah.

2 hours ago, Zanchak said:

Thats a problem in and of itself.. because I know lots of people who dont use their weapons or try their new stuff.. purely to save them for this. It makes players not.. play.. with their stuff. Thats dumb.

Agreed. Whenever I have an awesome new weapon, I now think I will save it for the next Nightwave forma challenge and put it away for a couple weeks. Same with my Ayatan Sculptures. And gilding? I guess I still have new weapons I can make and gild for MR fodder... but eventually I will run out of those.

Instant disappointment after a high from Tennocon looking forward to changes on the horizon to the game while being presented with what feels like a swift kick in the pants for a Nightwave season that's already starting off in a really bad way.

20 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Why don't you just skip the ones you can't or don't want to do and do the ones you can or do want to do?

There will be more than enough time for everyone to hit level 30... I did so with Act 1 and once I hit 30 I still had a few weeks to spare before all was said and done.

Which means you still had plenty of time to dedicate to Warframe; in the meanwhile there were plenty of us that don't have the time and need to squeeze as much as we can out of the crappy offerings that *are* available when we have the time. The ability to recover acts will help with this a bit, but not if the requirement is to complete ALL of the current week's acts just to get garbage like gild or 3 forma popping up. And to boot we now have a drop in the rep that we're receiving as well as reduced number of available Elite and Weekly acts further exacerbating the whole situation

20 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

You have to gild a modular item; a zaw, a kitgun or an amp.

It's not hard; you can build a zaw in an hour, run Pago at Kuva Fortress with a Ivara and an Affinity booster just once, then return to Cetus.

However, it is a little bit of a waste of time if you've already levelled up everything.

You're assuming the folks already have the item built. If they don't, it requires rep for the parts, resources for the parts, an hour for the construction of the parts (each if they didn't have all the materials or blueprints to begin with), THEN the grind to level them up (where you're assuming most folks have access to the kuva fortress and Ivara and know how to use her well enough to farm efficiently for affinity solo)... There are a lot of assumptions you're making about people playing. Gild and Forma requirements aren't just a waste of time for people who already have everything they're wasting potential rep for those folks that either don't have access to this stuff or don't want to engage in this stuff on a weekly basis. And the fact that we've STARTED out Nightwave with these two clearly-disliked acts is not a good way to get off on the right foot after promising changes.

Don't mistake my irritation, I've logged over  1600+ hours of in-mission time and who knows how many beyond that just faffing about on the Orbiter or in a dojo/hub world. I still don't want to dedicate time to bothering with a railroaded Gild/Forma requirement... it feels forced and doesn't respect a player's time. As everyone keeps saying the option presented is to ignore the Acts we don't like; so, how are we to get additional rep if our time is extremely limited and our options to gain rep are cut down? For the record when the previous Nightwave dropped I was excited and wanted to jump on the acts to gain rep. Eventually that excitement gave way to frustration and eventually irritation and disillusionment with the new system. I got to rank 18 in the last Nightwave because I ended up only being able to participate in a few weeks worth after an internet outage persisted for about a month.

And just for the heck of it, here's my in-game time from over 5 years of playing (going on 6 in just over a few months)

u3qOwsP.jpg?1

This system isn't fun to participate in when everyone's railroaded into these narrow objectives, I had mentioned previously that the additional rep gained from the Saturn Six Fugitives was at least a potential boon if their rep gain was doubled as it seemed to have been on Fortuna for a stint while I was playing toward the end of Nightwave season 1... We needed more avenues for rep gain, instead we have a reduction in rep gain / Elite or Weekly, and some of the same tedious acts. 8 waves of Elite Sanctuary? Sure! Fine, at least that can be a fun diversion. 3 consecutive wagers of Index with no opponents scoring? Cool, again, at least it's an entertaining diversion. Hell, even opening 20 lockers is more entertaining and respectful of a player's time than a Gild or 3 forma Act... Anyway. I've said my piece, I'm just a little galled that we have a repeated stumble from the last season and this doesn't do much to wash the foul taste from my mouth.

Edited by NihilistZealot
  • Like 3

Ah man I have to make another Zaw to Forma?

Seriously DE you disappoint me.

Looks like that Keewar head is gonna get used though. Had it for couple years already.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, NihilistZealot said:

You're assuming the folks already have the item built. If they don't, it requires rep for the parts, resources for the parts, an hour for the construction of the parts (each if they didn't have all the materials or blueprints to begin with), THEN the grind to level them up (where you're assuming most folks have access to the kuva fortress and Ivara and know how to use her well enough to farm efficiently for affinity solo)... There are a lot of assumptions you're making about people playing. Gild and Forma requirements aren't just a waste of time for people who already have everything they're wasting potential rep for those folks that either don't have access to this stuff or don't want to engage in this stuff on a weekly basis. And the fact that we've STARTED out Nightwave with these two clearly-disliked acts is not a good way to get off on the right foot after promising changes.

Don't mistake my irritation, I've logged over  1600+ hours of in-mission time and who knows how many beyond that just faffing about on the Orbiter or in a dojo/hub world. I still don't want to dedicate time to bothering with a railroaded Gild/Forma requirement... it feels forced and doesn't respect a player's time. As everyone keeps saying the option presented is to ignore the Acts we don't like; so, how are we to get additional rep if our time is extremely limited and our options to gain rep are cut down? For the record when the previous Nightwave dropped I was excited and wanted to jump on the acts to gain rep. Eventually that excitement gave way to frustration and eventually irritation and disillusionment with the new system. I got to rank 18 in the last Nightwave because I ended up only being able to participate in a few weeks worth after an internet outage persisted for about a month.

And just for the heck of it, here's my in-game time from over 5 years of playing (going on 6 in just over a few months)

u3qOwsP.jpg?1

This system isn't fun to participate in when everyone's railroaded into these narrow objectives, I had mentioned previously that the additional rep gained from the Saturn Six Fugitives was at least a potential boon if their rep gain was doubled as it seemed to have been on Fortuna for a stint while I was playing toward the end of Nightwave season 1... We needed more avenues for rep gain, instead we have a reduction in rep gain / Elite or Weekly, and some of the same tedious acts. 8 waves of Elite Sanctuary? Sure! Fine, at least that can be a fun diversion. 3 consecutive wagers of Index with no opponents scoring? Cool, again, at least it's an entertaining diversion. Hell, even opening 20 lockers is more entertaining and respectful of a player's time than a Gild or 3 forma Act... Anyway. I've said my piece, I'm just a little galled that we have a repeated stumble from the last season and this doesn't do much to wash the foul taste from my mouth.

Yup, I did assume that, because the main problem I've been hearing about this particular act is that it's a waste of time for players who already have and levelled everything. Hence, the assumption that they, you know, have everything. For newer players, the intent seems to be to provide impetus for them to go out and try a part of the game they haven't touched before. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily, but I do see the point.

Again, the Forma and gild acts do suck, I'm not disputing that. Would I rather they be replaced with something more mission-centric? Sure. A second objective of Nightwave is to give old content new life, and I just don't think Forma-ing and gilding stuff is "content."

That said, I also just don't think they are bane of all existence people rant and rave them to be, and can be easily overcome with the minimum of effort with a little planning ahead. I always keep a stockpile of 12 Formas minimum on hand, and I'm sitting on over 100 blueprints if I need to build more. By the end of this week, I will have another level 30 Zaw, ready and waiting to gild. I even already have a plan for whenever I do run out of modular stuff to gild; I'll just build more Balla daggers, slap Covert Lethality on it, and jump into Pago. Considering Zaws still baffle the Hell out of me, that is still a long way off.

And yeah, an alternative way of gaining Standing would be nice; I even added the idea of rewarding 500-1,000 Standing for beating WOS6 in my feedback, while having the Fugitives reward Creds instead, and replace the Prestige ranks with better rewards.

But, as I also expressed in my feedback, the game's player base is huge, and I do not expect to be the only voice to be listened to. That is the reality of things, as is the current iteration of Nightwave. Again, no question, current reality is not ideal, but I also don't see it as bad as people make it out to be, especially with a little preparation. I don't expect everyone to play the game like I do, but like I said, there are pros and cons to everything, and people should be prepared for that.

If you are unhappy with the grindy no fun to play Nightwave system, you are free to quit the game anytime - like I did.

I am just waiting for EA.. I mean DE to get their s*h*i*t together and bring back the quick alert system.

I am not holding my breath though or I would have suffocated a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Edited by Shadow-Spawn
Stupid censorship bots
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zaitseff said:

Just build a Zaw, it takes literally 1 hour to farm and gild them (not including the building downtime).

They should decrease the forma building time if they want to keep that Challenge

Why not buy a mote amp? Far cheaper, and is quicker.

8 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

If you are unhappy with the grindy no fun to play Nightwave system, you are free to quit the game anytime - like I did.

I am just waiting for EA.. I mean DE to get their s*h*i*t together and bring back the quick alert system.

I am not holding my breath though or I would have suffocated a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Ah, there it is. Inevitable, really.

Well, time for another axe.

*Grabs another axe from the 'My Grievances Against Alerts' cupboard*

Hmm, let me see. Ah, I remember this one; that time I missed an Alert because the launcher took too long to update my game. Hah. That was a good one.

*Whistles and starts grinding the axe*

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

For people who have everything alerts offer nothing. For someone new, alerts take far more time to get rewards, and are more repetitive due to less options; as well as requiring a person to play when the alert is there rather than when they want to play.

i see no reason why this would be unreasonable, we already got the catch up. 3 formas is easy to aquire (either buy the 3 forma pack for 35p or do fissure mission and build them), guilding isnt so hard either. pick the lowest standing items, make a saw (materials are easy to farm if you dont have them), its about 6.5-10k standing in total depending what item and parts you go for (both cetus and fortuna is unlocked early and you can run local bounties for rep and materials). the only trouble i see is that you have to reach a certain standing with cetus which can take some time but due we have catchup, you dont need to worry about it since you can do those challenges later.

for us veterans its jsut a minor inconvenience since we waste resources for something we dont need but it doesnt bother me really.

6 hours ago, Zanchak said:

How does one take their time when they have everything already? Forma'd and gilded.. multiple times. They aren't thinking of "everyone" anymore and havent for a long time.

The reasoning is simple, I'm not new. I don't have unclaimed things.

If you think about it though, how is it really different from all the other challenges? Have you not already killed 100 enemies? Opened 20 lockers? Played Sanctuary Onslaught? Killed enemies with various elements? Bulletjumped? Done Syndicate missions? Opened relics?

You don't spend this forma or gild a weapon for improving or getting another weapon. You do it for the standing needed for the tier rewards of NW, and it's both easy and quickly done, especially for someone who already got all the stuff in the game, lol. You don't even have to rank up the things afterwards. So what's really the problem here?

Yes these acts are boring chores, but that's because this community can't deal with anything close to a challange that would make things more interesting. So unfortunately we're stuck with doing dished and laundry.