Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 2, already a poor start...

ReaverKane

On 2019-07-07 at 4:03 AM, Datam4ss said:

Easier to Ivara + Balla Dagger + Covert Lethality on Adaro.

Mote Amp still needs a friend to carry on Hydron.

You do realise that a mote amp only takes 10 mins to craft and less than that to rank up on SO right? You can pug it easy. If you like waiting 12 hours for parts to build, more power to you. If you are trying to tell me building a zaw or kitgun is faster... you need to relearn the mechanics of this game.

• Like 1

At least the 3 forma comes with the PA.

I don't have anything to defend the Gilding challenge though, I myself am down to 2 amps I've not yet built and to at least get MR for, after that I'll just have to waste time and resources.

Probably my most hated challenge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Olphalarepth said:

They are complaining because the challenge literally demands to waste time, effort and resource for something the player doesn't want.

See that's what I'm saying, it costs literally none of those things.

You can level it while you do the other challenges meaning it really doesn't waste your time, it takes absolutely NO effort to set some parts to build and then put them together, and if they've played Fortuna/Plains for any amount of time then it takes no resources. If they're short on resources, then they're probably new to the game or the location, meaning they need to gild it anyway for mastery.

Sorry, this is very clearly a non-problem, even if everyone is spouting that it is.

3 hours ago, Zanchak said:

They haven't thought of anyone but new players in a long time. I never said I speak for everyone, and it has nothing to do with "not getting my own way".. I'm not 12. I just wish they'd think of others who ARENT new, because its just boring and repetitive and they shouldnt be hoping vets will just stay waiting around for the next big thing, that's just disrespectful of the time (and money) people have put into their game (and their pockets).

They have to think about new players to keep their brand alive and and consumer-base growing. It's business, and it's also a game; nobody is forcing you to do these challenges or play the game.

Furthermore, many of these challenges would be next to impossible for new players: Index, ESO, Sorties... So that essentially destroys your argument.

There' are two out of all of the challenges that people simply don't like and are throwing their toys out about; it really comes off as entitled and ridiculous in my view. 

I wonder how many vets actually complain or express unhappiness about the game... Got plenty of MR25+ guys in my clan and alliance that are on all the time, still enjoying the game, and always willing to lend a helping hand... Could it just be that there's a small but extremely vocal minority being disgruntled on here and on other social media platforms? Given that we're living through the age of outrage, and instant gratification by way of expressing rage on Twitter, I wouldn't be surprised.

Skipping challenges is an option, but without knowing how many you can safely skip and still reach 30 to get the only thing you probably dont own, makes it irritable.

I'll give you this one: they should at least make some kind of effort to clearly communicate to players how much they should be getting in the way of standing to safely reach level 30... But again... Should everyone reach it? Everyone should be able to, yes, but if everyone gets every exclusive cosmetic or forma, what's the friggin' point of exclusivity and challenge?

For my part, I hit 30 with Series 1 and 15 Intermission and I had a week or two to spare with both, and that was with missing a number of challenges along the way too; as such, I think you can safely skip those troublesome challenges and still be okay and derive satisfaction from the game.

It also has nothing to do with being obsessive so iDunno whose posts youre reading. It was an opinion, about 2 stupid challenges that aren't a challenge in any way that are continuously slapped in there "for reasons". Surely they can come up with something better.

Someone is always gonna be unhappy about something, and I don't think this is anything to get all outraged over.

Farming forma - either by way of relics or other means - is a challenge.

Farming the materials to build - and then level - a Zaw prior to getting it gilded is a challenge too; I built my first Zaw and gilded it the week before last, and I've been playing for about a year... Am I new, am I intermediate? And beyond that, I'll probably skip this gilding challenge this week, because: 🤷‍♂️

You could combine these challenges with other daily or weekly ones - which I always try to do - and hit multiple birds with one stone.

Or you could simply skip them.

I still don't see what the damn issue is!?

1 hour ago, Kimimoto said:

You can level it while you do the other challenges meaning it really doesn't waste your time, it takes absolutely NO effort to set some parts to build and then put them together, and if they've played Fortuna/Plains for any amount of time then it takes no resources. If they're short on resources, then they're probably new to the game or the location, meaning they need to gild it anyway for mastery.

Sorry, this is very clearly a non-problem, even if everyone is spouting that it is.

tenor.gif?itemid=10584134

Edited by (PS4)EyeGodZA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Except that it does cost resources regardless of how many you have stacked, it costs effort to level up regardless of how bored you are of dusting off Ivara and stealth kill any lv 30 extermination mission, it does cost standing regardless of much you have to spare. I'm pointing at the moon and I find it almost offensive that you pretend to play dumb and look at the finger

How convenient that you decided to tackle the building requirements and not the first sentence of my previous post.

I (as in "we" since it includes a plethora of other players) have built every single modular item and I don't need to waste time on another one since I'd rather do something else that actually gives me something in return (index, endo arena, eidolons, farming/opening  relics).

No, I don't want to experiment a new build.

No, I'm not interested in a fashion zaw/kitgun

No, I don't want to run a challenge for the mere reason of earning chore points

I have all my stuff cleaned and sorted and I don't need to buy another trinket thank you. Don't slam the door on your way out. Besides, what if someone runs out slots? Not my problem as I have more than 20 available but what if it happens? If you're going to reply please address all the issues above (and those in the previous post) and not what you like the most. The challenge is a problem for veterans as it is not fun nor profitable, change my mind

EDIT

As I have already stated, I have built all the modular weapons and I'm currently MR 27, do you think I lack the resources to build another one? Really man? We have been trying to point out that the gilding challenge is literally anti veteran and you think the problem is the cost?

Edited by Olphalarepth
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

Except that it does cost resources regardless of how many you have stacked, it costs effort to level up regardless of how bored you are of dusting off Ivara and stealth kill any lv 30 extermination mission, it does cost standing regardless of much you have to spare. I'm pointing at the moon and I find it almost offensive that you pretend to play dumb and look at the finger

How convenient that you decided to tackle the building requirements and not the first sentence of my previous post.

I (as in "we" since it includes a plethora of other players) have built every single modular item and I don't need to waste time on another one since I'd rather do something else that actually gives me something in return (index, endo arena, eidolons, farming/opening  relics).

I have all my stuff cleaned and sorted and I don't need to buy another trinket thank you. Don't slam the door on your way out. Besides, what if someone runs out slots? Not my problem as I have more than 20 available but what if it happens? If you're going to reply please address all the issues above (and those in the previous post) and not what you like the most. The challenge is a problem for veterans as it is not fun nor profitable, change my mind

EDIT

As I have already stated, I have built all the modular weapons and I'm currently MR 27, do you think I lack the resources to build another one? Really man? We have been trying to point out that the gilding challenge is literally anti veteran and you think the problem is the cost?

Tl;dr, but damn, dude...

SKIP THE F'N CHALLENGE THEN!

It's not that friggin' hard...

7 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

Way to argument my Tenno, exactly what many people said about the old ones that got deleted. I must bow to such cleverness

Really, dude? Feel free to read my other, more elaborate posts, one of them literally right above yours...

By token of your argument I can just as well argue that plenty of this week's Weekly or Elite Weekly challenges are literally anti-newcomer and be 100% correct, while your claim that some are anti-veteran which can categorically be proven to be 100% false!

What's your next comment gonna be then, that they're pro-intermediary player, but also anti-newcomer and anti-veteran!?

Seriously, just skip the goddamn challenge instead of expending this much energy on complaining about it; in fact, you'd probably have completed these challenges in the time it took you complain about a non-issue!

Edited by (PS4)EyeGodZA

38 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

EDIT

rekt

14 minutes ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Really, dude? Feel free to read my other, more elaborate posts, one of them literally right above yours...

By token of your argument I can just as well argue that plenty of this week's Weekly or Elite Weekly challenges are literally anti-newcomer and be 100% correct, while your claim that some are anti-veteran which can categorically be proven to be 100% false!

What's your next comment gonna be then, that they're pro-intermediary player, but also anti-newcomer and anti-veteran!?

Seriously, just skip the goddamn challenge instead of expending this much energy on complaining about it; in fact, you'd probably have completed these challenges in the time it took you complain about a non-issue!

I did, this means that you can brush off other opinions like that? The topic is about two particular challenges and, if you want my opinion on nightwave is that it sucks. I like the idea of having a reward pool always open but the implementation is disastrofic. Happy now?

Do you consider other opinions complaining even when presenting fair point shared by many others when they do not align with yours?

By the by, I have already completed all the challenges so now I have time to "complain" here on the forums

Edited by Olphalarepth

Yeah, I booted up the game after Tennocon (after not playing since Intermission started), glanced at Nightwave, saw the Forma and Gild challenges and remembered why I dropped the game in the first place... Yeah, I think I won't be playing this game until Railjack shows up.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

And you’re missing the point that if you don’t like it you can still skip it & not have the game ruined for you. 

I clearly articulated why some players may consider these challenges as actual challenges. 

If I don't like it, I can leave feedback on the forums to get my opinion across about Nightwave and the challenges in it, thank you very much.

Nightwave is still new for DE and has already been changed before since season 1. There have been many posts with good points about these two particular challenges, and probably even more "articulate" ones with classic lines such as "do you even know mechanics" or "I did them all in 2 hours". 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

The fact that i can get forma (in fact i have 40 something in my inventory, been using them a bit heavily recently) doesn't change how much they cost. I grow fruit in my orchard, its free for me, but doesn't change the fact that it has a monetary value.

I'm thinking you're living life wrong if you didn't learn this by now.

Also, you didn't get 8 forma, you got 8 blueprints, now you need to craft them, and it takes 24h each. Assuming you have the mats... Which for me, at 200+ orokin cells last time i bothered to check, is as easy as clicking on the recipe, others not so much...

Oh, why are you playing games? Time has monetary value. You seem to be wasting time playing Warframe.
:facepalm:

I keep crafting Forma every day I login, so I am running a large supply. 
People who know how to play don't complain, only those that do things inefficiently. 

23 hours ago, Kconvey said:

If a new player misses a week or a mission, or comes in late, or even a returning player. You have to complete the current weeks elite missions to get access to the catchup, which makes it useless to all but the hardest of the hardcore players.

3 forma challenge isnt really for hardcore players, you can easily do it as soon as you can acess to fissure missions. Its worse with thr guilding one since its rep gated

11 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I think the forma thing is because not everyone has a stockpile of forma like some others. Thats my gripe, and I realize thats my fault.

I have a stockpile of 40+ forma, and i don't think it's a good challenge, because unlike all the people busy trying to flex on me (which is pretty much the sum of everyone that's "defending" these challenges) i understand that:

1) Not everyone has or is playing as long as i am.

2) Not everyone has access to the materials for making forma as readily as i do (again last count i had over 200 orokin cells)

3) Some day i'll have polarized every slot that is worth polarizing, and then i'll just be dumping what's equivalent to 2€ down the drain for 4500 nightwave standing. 3 weeks of that and i could buy a tennogen skin...

11 hours ago, Olphalarepth said:

They are complaining because the challenge literally demands to waste time, effort and resource for something the player doesn't want.

You get, I don't know, the statue thing? It might be annoying to look for the statues but you get endo.

The index? You get credits 

The sanctuary? A buttload of affinity and radiant relics

And so on, and on, and on. The point in the challenge is that it has nothing constructive for players who have already built what they wanted. The forma one is something halfway being useful and detrimental as we got lucky since 3 new items have being introduced but then what? I can easily spend 10 forma in a week or maybe 3 in a month. What business has DE in forcing the way I want to progress or experience the game?

We only have so much time on our hands and when we log there are things we want to do that are NOT the chores offered by nightwave. They are so boring it makes me want to log out (and I do) right after I complete a couple of them overall ruining my gaming experience only because there are a few things i can only obtain with this game mode sacrificing an x amount of time per week doing stuff I don't like for the rest of time I play warframe. Totally a good idea if they are planning to drive me away with a burnout syndrome

I'm also not a fan of the concept "Mmm, couldn't/didn't wanted to do those boring challenges in a week? OK, WE GOT YOU!! Next week you will do the next challenges AND the old ones! You like that??"

OMG, an intelligent soul! Kudos brah, you get it!

5 minutes ago, xxswatelitexx said:

Oh, why are you playing games? Time has monetary value. You seem to be wasting time playing Warframe.
:facepalm:

I keep crafting Forma every day I login, so I am running a large supply. 
People who know how to play don't complain, only those that do things inefficiently. 

I'm palying games, because, in case you haven't noticed, the most valuable comodity in the world is ENTERTAINMENT. That's why the highest salaries aren't on doctors and engineers, but athletes and actors. Like you i'm a bored person, but unlike you, i learned how to manage my time and resources. And while i'm willing to waste some time, and money towards warframe, there's a limit. When i have to waste time and money on something that doesn't entertain just for the sake of some brownie points towards something that i might find entertaining (like the end-rewards of the nightwave) i tend not to go for that.

Dude, again, you should learn how to read... I've probably stockpiled more forma than you've used, and have used more forma than you have stockpiled. Stop trying to flex on people, i don't give a crap about your ego. I'm standing on 40+ forma right now, after having spent 10+ just this week, and not having farmed as many as i had planned on Plague Star because my internet was #*!%ed up by an idiot cutting wires in the wrong places. It snot about the resources, it's about a realization (because i have something you clearly lack) that in a near future i'll be running out of stuff i want to gild and forma, and when that happens, i don't want to have this S#&$ty challenge forcing me to do so for a reward that is less than the actual cost.

But i'm the ineficient one, because i can do maths. Seriously, grow a neuron or to, it's not hard, just read a book, or do some maths.

found out that I have to trade Eidolon Shards to get to the gilding rank DEUUEAUGH

i can't be bothered to fight eidolons, i hate going to the plains, the plains look like vomit, i hate cetus and i hate everyone in cetus they're all disgusting inbreeds

Forma challenge is fine

Edited by PhazonMagala

On 2019-07-07 at 1:39 AM, KnossosTNC said:

Again, didn't say they don't suck, but I don't think taking your time and planning ahead is such a bad thing. In many ways, the game already encourages you to do that. I personally already do.

Apparently thats too hard for a lot of the ADD kiddies that play. :wink:

These days all they can do is REEEEEEE the moment they see something they don't like and rush to the forum to write a whine thread...instead of taking a moment or two to think about whether they actually NEED to do a particular challenge.

57 minutes ago, makaloff95 said:

3 forma challenge isnt really for hardcore players, you can easily do it as soon as you can acess to fissure missions. Its worse with thr guilding one since its rep gated

The impossible one for new players is the 3 perfect run index.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Ah yes, typical arm chair developer that knows a bit of code and thinks they know the ins and outs of the creation process and all that's involved in it. 

You'll be ignored going forward. 

Thank you, that's an Honor, given the 'lick-torious' source. ( Note: No one but yer mommie cares about your voluminous 'ignore-rent' file. )

And as usual, a clueless Sycophant, Projects their own ineptitude on others about a topic, of which they know nothing. I code for a living, you clearly do not. Done.

Edited by RealJustBoo

Maybe my opinion is not the most popular or maybe it is.  But...

I'm a big fan of infestation,I know they are not the most popular weapons (except zaw plague) But... 

I look forward to the arrival of the series 2 night wave, and see what new things brought with it and although I love everything that brought a single thing bothers me only a small and insignificant little thing just a little.

A TWO HANDED NINKANA SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IF YOU DO NOT KNOW ME FOR NOT BEING FANS OF THE INFESTED ARMS DEJEMORORNELOS COMODOS AND FEEL WHAT I FEEL

Infested weapons do not have an alternate form of any kind, no prism, no syndicate, etc. weapons with fewer variants and are by far the least popular weapons (pox or lesion does not count)

I feel like Adam Sandler in anger management with this new skin. Is there an opportunity for a new weapon and also a way to add variety to the two-handed Ninkanas and give a skin to a weapon that already had a skin of that same theme? (I know it's from the tennogen) but ... F .............................!

I want to know if there are other fans of the infestation or other tenno who feel that this was a missed opportunity on the part of DE to please those who like two-handed ninkanas but who knows that tastu is not the best option for a weapon . leave your comment PD: this is my first post the truth had been patient to DE waiting for this series 2 that would bring more things for infestation but ... I will not lie if I get sad. I even cry of frustration to see that my wait for that infested ninkana was stupid of me

4 hours ago, Olphalarepth said:

If you count the basic kitgun/zaw as a cost to make, then you need to make it anyway.

If you think having a secondary/melee equipped while you do the other Nightwave challenges, or farming Wukong requires effort then you're wrong. It doesn't require effort, it just requires on of the three weapons you have equipped. You don't have to go meta to level your weapons, you don't have to stealth Ivara or get into a Hydron group. Just play the other content that JUST came out with the weapon equipped.

If you don't have Solaris/Ostron rep to spare, then like with the first point, YOU NEED TO MAKE IT ANYWAY.

I'm not playing dumb. I'm realistically thinking about what this challenge takes, and it's basically nothing at all.

Edited by Kimimoto

2 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Apparently thats too hard for a lot of the ADD kiddies that play. :wink:

These days all they can do is REEEEEEE the moment they see something they don't like and rush to the forum to write a whine thread...instead of taking a moment or two to think about whether they actually NEED to do a particular challenge.

Someone a long time ago once told me a rule of thumb; "People go on the internet to b****."

Eh. I get it, I really do. The internet amplifies emotions and narrows perspective. For me, it's an ongoing effort to maintain my emotional equilibrium in the whole mess, and I am in no way claiming to have mastered it at all. I call it my "Internet Gellar Field," to use a Warhammer 40,000 parlance.

Just finished my Monday Special Session. For people who play ESO regularly, they would have done that particular Act passively. Me? Two weeks of farming for Khora made me miserable, and I didn't think the rewards for ESO was worth it. That said, jumping in with my Saryn today, hitting 3 then 1, chopping up an enemy with my Lesion, then hitting 4 to turn the whole map into damage trickle was very satisfying. It's nice to play that every once in a while just for the fun of it, and Nightwave gave me the perfect excuse to do just that, so that Act gets a thumbs up from me.

Like I said, I see pros and cons in everything; including both (Elite) Sanctuary Onslaught and Nightwave.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1