Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 2, already a poor start...

ReaverKane

On 2019-07-08 at 12:09 AM, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well NW isn't exactly new player friendly, worst part is it replaced alerts which were mainly for new players.

Really hope they pull the plug on this, it's bad for the game.

Just to let you know, even the alerts aren't gold and flowers.

Imagine an alert that has an orokin catalyst (and not as a gift of lotus, but as an actual alert), only that the new player can't get it, due to the alert being on a planet not unlocked yet.

On 2019-07-06 at 5:50 PM, KnossosTNC said:

Well, lots of people DON'T take their time. They've poured plats into potatoes and Formas and spend all day at Hydron and Adaro, levelling everything as fast as possible.

Me? I haven't spent a single plat on either of those, and like to "slow level" things, like how I'm currently bring my Synapse on my Marduk runs and my Brakk on my Tridolon. Far slower, yes, but I don't care. I'm enjoying myself.

Different strokes for different folks, each with their pros and cons.

I agree here. Hydron, and just speed players in general, ruin their own fun and take things too seriously. You have 7 days. Every NW mission is an option, leaving a huge chunk of points to get from other missions within those 7 days. Even NW1 was completed with over two weeks to spare and that was before the improved system. It's simple: don't do the missions that annoy you. If they ALL annoy you then just play other stuff in the game and let everyone else handle it.

19 minutes ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

Just to let you know, even the alerts aren't gold and flowers.

Imagine an alert that has an orokin catalyst (and not as a gift of lotus, but as an actual alert), only that the new player can't get it, due to the alert being on a planet not unlocked yet.

It wasn't perfect but honestly feel that it was way better than what NW is.

31 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

Why should we expected to gild something when they say we should?

Why aren't we just being retroactively rewarded for already doing it?

Nightwave is bad.

That's like saying you should get a gold medal for doing a 5K run because you had done it previously. This is a new 5K run and you have to participate in the new one to get the prize. 

You should be able to just skip it if you really don't want to do it. There should be an excess in points for the season, plus if that new feature for going back weeks is working, you can just pick and choose from what's left to hit the minimum rewards you want at the end of the season.

Edited by Unagi604

19 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

They have to think about new players to keep their brand alive and and consumer-base growing. It's business, and it's also a game; nobody is forcing you to do these challenges or play the game.

Furthermore, many of these challenges would be next to impossible for new players: Index, ESO, Sorties... So that essentially destroys your argument.

There' are two out of all of the challenges that people simply don't like and are throwing their toys out about; it really comes off as entitled and ridiculous in my view. 

I wonder how many vets actually complain or express unhappiness about the game... Got plenty of MR25+ guys in my clan and alliance that are on all the time, still enjoying the game, and always willing to lend a helping hand... Could it just be that there's a small but extremely vocal minority being disgruntled on here and on other social media platforms? Given that we're living through the age of outrage, and instant gratification by way of expressing rage on Twitter, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'll give you this one: they should at least make some kind of effort to clearly communicate to players how much they should be getting in the way of standing to safely reach level 30... But again... Should everyone reach it? Everyone should be able to, yes, but if everyone gets every exclusive cosmetic or forma, what's the friggin' point of exclusivity and challenge?

For my part, I hit 30 with Series 1 and 15 Intermission and I had a week or two to spare with both, and that was with missing a number of challenges along the way too; as such, I think you can safely skip those troublesome challenges and still be okay and derive satisfaction from the game.

Someone is always gonna be unhappy about something, and I don't think this is anything to get all outraged over.

Farming forma - either by way of relics or other means - is a challenge.

Farming the materials to build - and then level - a Zaw prior to getting it gilded is a challenge too; I built my first Zaw and gilded it the week before last, and I've been playing for about a year... Am I new, am I intermediate? And beyond that, I'll probably skip this gilding challenge this week, because: 🤷‍♂️

You could combine these challenges with other daily or weekly ones - which I always try to do - and hit multiple birds with one stone.

Or you could simply skip them.

I still don't see what the damn issue is!?

tenor.gif?itemid=10584134

It's a pain in the ass. That's literally the point. A wasteful pain in the ass. It's also an opinion, not outrage, not a tantrum, not anything you're "seeing" in your "just skip it, I don't see the problem" responses. That's your opinion, I gave mine and you tried to turn it into some entitled elitist tantrum. Okey dokey.

I'm still in there playing most every day, not rage quitting and carrying on like whoever you seem to be basing your responses on. I can still be a "vet" and not be ass-kissing every single bad choice they make, nor blowing smoke up their bums for the good ones either. The "vets" in my clan are tired. Still playing, but tired. Not every "vet" is going to be like the cheerful ones in your clan. Funny how people are different like that. I simply want them to spare a thought for people who aren't new.

And no, I don't expect "everyone" to be able to reach 30. I "expect" new players to hit hurdles, just like I did when new. I hit 30 and 15 comfortably in the last two, it doesn't mean its any less irritating having no clear idea what you can skip, or being confronted with the same "challenges" people voiced their displeasure about very clearly in the feedback megathread from the start.

Not really much point continuing this though if an opinion, to you, classes as outrage.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

It's a pain in the ass. That's literally the point. A wasteful pain in the ass. It's also an opinion, not outrage, not a tantrum, not anything you're "seeing" in your "just skip it, I don't see the problem" responses. That's your opinion, I gave mine and you tried to turn it into some entitled elitist tantrum. Okey dokey.

I'm still in there playing most every day, not rage quitting and carrying on like whoever you seem to be basing your responses on. I can still be a "vet" and not be ass-kissing every single bad choice they make, nor blowing smoke up their bums for the good ones either. The "vets" in my clan are tired. Still playing, but tired. Not every "vet" is going to be like the cheerful ones in your clan. Funny how people are different like that. I simply want them to spare a thought for people who aren't new.

And no, I don't expect "everyone" to be able to reach 30. I "expect" new players to hit hurdles, just like I did when new. I hit 30 and 15 comfortably in the last two, it doesn't mean its any less irritating having no clear idea what you can skip, or being confronted with the same "challenges" people voiced their displeasure about very clearly in the feedback megathread from the start.

Not really much point continuing this though if an opinion, to you, classes as outrage.

I'm pretty confident you can skip the gilding and forma challenges this week, pal.

Take a breath.

19 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

The forum is for feedback my dude.

Please try not to silence people 🤷

Did I try to silence anyone anywhere?

19 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

If I don't like it, I can leave feedback on the forums to get my opinion across about Nightwave and the challenges in it, thank you very much.

Nightwave is still new for DE and has already been changed before since season 1. There have been many posts with good points about these two particular challenges, and probably even more "articulate" ones with classic lines such as "do you even know mechanics" or "I did them all in 2 hours". 

It just seems to me that a rather vocal minority, be they vets or intermediary players or newcomers, always have something to complain even when all of them claim that they reached levels 30 and 15 on the last to Nightwave Series rather effortlessly nonetheless...

My feedback - and opinion - is that it's much of a muchness and now that the tide of the argument I'm presenting (skip the damn challenges if you hate them so much!) is turning the arguments of others, it's become less of a "these are crappy challenges!" and more of a "well, I would skip them, but I don't know how many I can safely skip to still hit level 30, so I'll still do them, even though I hate them, and then come raise my opinion here on the forum: reeee!" kind of argument.

That's my feedback and I've used this forum to get it across. We cool?

15 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

If you count the basic kitgun/zaw as a cost to make, then you need to make it anyway.

If you think having a secondary/melee equipped while you do the other Nightwave challenges, or farming Wukong requires effort then you're wrong. It doesn't require effort, it just requires on of the three weapons you have equipped. You don't have to go meta to level your weapons, you don't have to stealth Ivara or get into a Hydron group. Just play the other content that JUST came out with the weapon equipped.

If you don't have Solaris/Ostron rep to spare, then like with the first point, YOU NEED TO MAKE IT ANYWAY.

I'm not playing dumb. I'm realistically thinking about what this challenge takes, and it's basically nothing at all.

So....

You gain mastery points every time you guild the same old crap your not interested in using?

Or am I missing your point? Most likely as I was up to 3am drinking and now running late...

19 hours ago, Kconvey said:

The impossible one for new players is the 3 perfect run index.

Aight i agree on that one and also tridolon (tridolon is a pain to deal with in my opinion, mostly beacuse i find it boring and its heavily meta bound). 

8 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

My feedback - and opinion - is that it's much of a muchness and now that the tide of the argument I'm presenting (skip the damn challenges if you hate them so much!) is turning the arguments of others, it's become less of a "these are crappy challenges!" and more of a "well, I would skip them, but I don't know how many I can safely skip to still hit level 30, so I'll still do them, even though I hate them, and then come raise my opinion here on the forum: reeee!" kind of argument.

THIS.... this is VERY VERY much the problem.

We dont know how many cruddy challenges we can skip, so we HAVE to complain about every one we cant , or dont want to do, because we dont know if we can skip. So we have to do challenges we utterly despise, even at the cost of burning ourselves out because we dont know how many we can skip.

IF we had better info on like exactly how many weeks its going to run, people could math it out, and know. Well I can skip, this this and this.. 

Like today's daily, I literally can not do, even though its not actually hard. INteract with a smeeta or Kubrow, since I dont have one, it died 3 years ago. And I cant get one up and running in 3 days without plat.

So I have to do ones I hate because I never know if the next one is going to be one, I absolutely can not do.

Edited by Kconvey

15 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Did I try to silence anyone anywhere?

It just seems to me that a rather vocal minority, be they vets or intermediary players or newcomers, always have something to complain even when all of them claim that they reached levels 30 and 15 on the last to Nightwave Series rather effortlessly nonetheless...

That's my feedback and I've used this forum to get it across. We cool?

Your meta complaints are not feedback though.

8 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Your meta complaints are not feedback though.

Are you friggin’ kidding me!?

🤣

Irony, look it up... 

That people are getting THIS worked up over operator cosmetics they’ll barely ever look at & still unlock despite these forums posts, &/or skipping Nightwave challenges that are completely optional...

🤣 😂🤣

6 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Are you friggin’ kidding me!?

🤣

Irony, look it up... 

That people are getting THIS worked up over operator cosmetics they’ll barely ever look at & still unlock despite these forums posts, &/or skipping Nightwave challenges that are completely optional...

🤣 😂🤣

You aren't even addressing the challenges any more 🤷

But I guess it is my fault for taking general discussion too seriously.

18 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

You aren't even addressing the challenges any more 🤷

But I guess it is my fault for taking general discussion too seriously.

Well, according to you aren’t even challenges (even though I’ve addressed that in great detail before, go look), so...

🤷🏻‍♂️

Here's the thing - I think they said it's running 10 weeks exactly. I've done all but gilding on the weeklies, and I'm only r3.  If the average player who feels like skipping a few 4500/7500 "challenges" along the way, there's basically JUST enough to get to 30.  I think the fugitives which showed up in like 4/5 of your missions for an extra 150-300 rep each time went a long way to buffering the "can skip stuff and only do 60%" - so unless there's some extra rep I'm not feeling like skipping things is much of an option this time around. 

Especially if you don't have time to do dailies.