The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soooo the New Player Experience just completely negates The Second Dream

Oreades

If you actually watched the video, and heard what was being said you'd know that the kid in the video is not a space kid, just someone that found the monument why the legend of the tenno was being told

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Umm literally the part where they take off the hood and magic into the Warframe.... 

Looked more like the girl, who we don't even who she is, just disappeared into the sky to me. Then three lightning bolts came down and woke the three starter frames up.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

If you actually watched the video, and heard what was being said you'd know that the kid in the video is not a space kid, just someone that found the monument why the legend of the tenno was being told

Right, totally just takes off their hood revealing tenno jewelry and then gets super nervous and disintegrates into a cloud of void dust. Completely normal, happens to me at least twice a day. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Right, totally just takes off their hood revealing tenno jewelry and then gets super nervous and disintegrates into a cloud of void dust. Completely normal, happens to me at least twice a day. 

And any new player wouldn't even know that this is tenno jewelry to begin with. The entire video shows that this person was a survivor of what ever tragedy the grineer caused, and found the tenno monument and was praying for hope, literally nothing else points to this person being an actual tenno. For all new play knows this was just a memory, or her prayers being answered at a cost.

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I bet you also find biomechanical void golems right next yo your door.

What I'm trying to say is, don't overthink it. The Second Dream has its impact because you know nothing about the nature of the Tenno, and while this figure is there as a stinger to keep you wondering what just happened and connect the dots back after TSD, at no point it enters the Warframe or seems to truly interact with the Grineer neither.

Some sort of phantom walking around.

• Like 12

At the beginning of the story, Rell is the only Tenno in the "outside world," every other Tenno should be in their pods on Lua, hidden away in the void.

Yet we see this lone Tenno coming out of the blue, without a warframe, getting into trouble with Grineer, making what seems like a pilgrimage to dusty / mossy warframes, delivering "lotus flower offerings" to them. It's as if she has no clue what they really are and what she can / supposed to do with them.

And this is supposed to be the "new" start of the game's story. Her outfit is nothing like what we currently have available. ALSO we have Second Dream, the story of how our Tenno wakes on Lua, so I guess it's safe to assume that she is not the player character?

Anyway, my question is: if this really is the new start of the story, how did she slip off Lua? How did she end up there? Who is she?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not outraged or anything, but DE, I'd love some more context and answers, please. :3

Edited by Aldrr
  • Like 4

Just now, Aldrr said:

At the beginning of the story, Rell is the only Tenno in the "outside world," every other Tenno should be in their pods in Lua, hidden away in the void.

Yet we see this lone Tenno coming out of the blue, without a warframe, getting into trouble with Grineer, making what seems like a pilgrimage to dusty / mossy warframes, delivering "lotus flower offerings" to them. It's as if she has no clue what they really are and what she can / supposed to do with them.

And this is supposed to be the "new" start of the game's story. Her outfit is nothing like what we currently have available. ALSO we have Second Dream, the story of how our Tenno wakes on Lua, so I guess it's safe to assume that she is not the player character?

Anyway, my question is: if this really is the start of the story, how did she slip off Lua, how did she end up there? Who is she?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not outraged or anything, but DE, I'd love some more context and answers, please. :3

The girl is probably Unum, who has been staying at PoE since conclusion of the old war

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

The girl is probably Unum, who has been staying at PoE since conclusion of the old war

TBH I think it's just someone that's not physicially there at all and just serves to introduce everything to the player.

I gotta say though, my only disappointment is Vor not showing up. I needed to see him and his Janus Key in beuatiful Digic Pcitures CGI quality!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Aldrr said:

At the beginning of the story, Rell is the only Tenno in the "outside world," every other Tenno should be in their pods on Lua, hidden away in the void.

Anyway, my question is: if this really is the new start of the story, how did she slip off Lua? How did she end up there? Who is she?

Well, we did hear that this will be playable by the established players as well, so I suppose it's a case of "play it and find out?"

34 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

It was kept vague enough that new players wouldn't be able to put 2 and 2 together. Like anyone without a half-unlocked start chart would understand the lore dropped in the video. 

It was kept vague enough that without an understanding of the games lore (or more aptly not knowing there was a character creator later on), I'd just assume that girl (dramatic face reveal) was controlling the Warframes and therefore my character. 

Maybe they do a better job of delivering exposition in the actual quest itself and the trailer was poorly spliced? I can only go off of what I've been shown and based on what I've been shown they're essentially retconning the best questline in the game along with Vors Prize which was pretty darn solid in it's own right. It established the mystery of your origins, it established Vor as an antagonist and the grineer in general even tho DE never really did anything with him and maybe that's why they decided to retcon him down to a pair of boss encounters? 

I can certainly hope that there is more to it than what they showed but what they showed gave me a serious Final Fantasy Advent Children vibe. As in it looked all super flashy.... and I ran out to buy it the day it released, watched it and just.... ugh. 

Edited by Oreades

12 minutes ago, Oreades said:

It was kept vague enough that without an understanding of the games lore (or more aptly not knowing there was a character creator later on), I'd just assume that girl (dramatic face reveal) was controlling the Warframes and therefore my character. 

Maybe they do a better job of delivering exposition in the actual quest itself and the trailer was poorly spliced? I can only go off of what I've been shown and based on what I've been shown they're essentially retconning the best questline in the game along with Vors Prize which was pretty darn solid in it's own right. It established the mystery of your origins, it established Vor as an antagonist and the grineer in general even tho DE never really did anything with him and maybe that's why they decided to retcon him down to a pair of boss encounters? 

I can certainly hope that there is more to it than what they showed but what they showed gave me a serious Final Fantasy Advent Children vibe. As in it looked all super flashy.... and I ran out to buy it the day it released, watched it and just.... ugh. 

Dude, the trailer is fine. 

Depends on exactly how they work it honestly.... For one... The story needed a more player friendly welcome to the universe... At current the literal first thing you see the first time you play Warframe is the mother unlovedly fugly face of Vor. 

I can think of ways that this story can be told without breaking current story progression... For instance, this story could take place somewhere around the middle of our story..somewhere after the war within but before the later story arcs... Basically it's telling the player "this is who you are...................... But how did you come to be who you are..." and after you finish these events it kicks on over into the events starting with vor...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hyro1 said:

Just happened to recognised orokin sculptures and have a pouch full of magical space lotus flowers.

Sure.

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

TBH I think it's just someone that's not physicially there at all and just serves to introduce everything to the player.

I gotta say though, my only disappointment is Vor not showing up. I needed to see him and his Janus Key in beuatiful Digic Pcitures CGI quality!

That was my thought too. She was astral projecting.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Just happened to recognised orokin sculptures and have a pouch full of magical space lotus flowers.

Sure.

only thing magic about them is their glow but yeah looking from the window of someone who played the game before it doesnt make alot of sense but from a outsider looking in it does because the spoiler you (op) are talking about is only a spoiler because your aware of it 

Edited by seprent