Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New CG trailer can mislead new players

(PSN)ATreidezz

I think the dropping from orbit part was misleading to. Also Kubrows actually killing more than one thing and bringing a single knife back to you thing.

Relax man. It was a heavy CGI trailer not a gameplay trailer. It's not meant to be accurate to a T.

• Like 2

Just now, Spartan336 said:

I think the dropping from orbit part was misleading to. Also Kubrows actually killing more than one thing and bringing a single knife back to you thing.

The dropping part was just exaggerated. That was actually mag with an archwing, shot by a missile then lost her archwing, so she fell. A normal thing on PoE & Orb Vallis

Bows (with few exceptions) and thrown weapons (with two exceptions) need major work to be blunt. They've been power creeped into irrelevance. You could as easily say Ex one shotting someone with a Kunai, which hit the target with a clear impression of impact, is also not realistic for game play because game play wise, kunai are weapons you'll have to spend multiple daggers on. 

I'd honestly rather thrown weapons like kunai or spira have a very small ammo capacity like talons or pox but hit like a freaking truck, than have a large ammo supply and not do any damage.

First, we don’t know what level those enemies are.

Second, we don’t know the state of that Paris. With a riven, multiple forma, an umbral forma, and that exploding arrows mod, one shotting a ship might be reasonable.

Third, the only thing that bothered me about the footage was there weren’t affinity numbers popping off everywhere.

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Auto correct

15 minutes ago, KroneVanguard said:

I can't figure out what is the point of this trailer. Why wasting resources for a CG movie? 🙄

Same as the point of any trailer. To generate interest in what its promoting. People out there who have never heard of the game went to see a movie and now might thing about trying that game they saw at the movies.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

Same as the point of any trailer. To generate interest in what its promoting. People out there who have never heard of the game went to see a movie and now might thing about trying that game they saw at the movies.

Or maybe they want to see actual gameplay... 🙄 Open 20 lockers for Nora Night for example... 🤭

1 hour ago, KroneVanguard said:

Or maybe they want to see actual gameplay... 🙄 Open 20 lockers for Nora Night for example... 🤭

It's an opening cinematic, not a trailer. They don't need to show you gameplay when you're literally starting the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Excal 1 shot a grineer's transport with a regular paris. New players who don't have any knowledge about this game might think they can do it once they jump to PoE. They're in for a huge disappointment. 

Why DE? Why? 

A Paris can 1 shot a low level transport. What I'm worried about is new players seeing the actual graphics at warframe's current state immediately after seeing the cinematic. 

2 hours ago, KroneVanguard said:

I can't figure out what is the point of this trailer. Why wasting resources for a CG movie? 🙄

DE didn't make the trailer.

Edited by Guest

the vid was pretty good tbh, the remaining issue tho is that while we gain a nice pretty intro sequence for new player to get all excited over due to the nice eye candy, is that warframe has never lacked eye candy, its always looked pretty good.  Looks alone however do not keep players engaged (waves to anthem), if the long list of issues that make new players just give up and walk arent addressed then a pretty looking intro wont change a thing, if anything it just means more people in and just as many people out in a short amount of time.

1 hour ago, Sahardoom said:

Somatic Link implants and Transference scars from Void Energy on that child, can be seen around 5:18 mark??? How? Why does a normal child from some Earth colony have them? That is more of an issue for me.

She its one of the operators

17 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

The dropping part was just exaggerated. That was actually mag with an archwing, shot by a missile then lost her archwing, so she fell. A normal thing on PoE & Orb Vallis

Like say... shooting down a Bolkor in one shot? You can shoot down Bolkor's with bows after all, so it's just exaggerated.

2 hours ago, Sahardoom said:

Somatic Link implants and Transference scars from Void Energy on that child, can be seen around 5:18 mark??? How? Why does a normal child from some Earth colony have them? That is more of an issue for me.

The Grineer never react to her presence. Ever. Even when she walks off in plain view of them they don't even raise their guns. That's not how Grineer normally act.

She's a Tenno Operator, as a Void Projection of some kind, only visible to us. Similar to Chimera Prologue, most likely. We might even be seeing the past and present overlaid in that scene, considering that it seems to be a different time of day before and after she disappears.

18 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Excal 1 shot a grineer's transport with a regular paris. New players who don't have any knowledge about this game might think they can do it once they jump to PoE. They're in for a huge disappointment. 

Why DE? Why? 

Dude, it was a low level transport and a super formad bow that got an orange crit. It's possible.

18 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

Relax man. It was a heavy CGI trailer not a gameplay trailer. It's not meant to be accurate to a T.

That's a tenno making a connection with a frame left there. And wasnt this the story of the Inaros? That the tenno left the frame down in the planet?

Kubrow brought back ammo.

OP is worried about newbies thinking they can take out a drop ship with one arrow, when my concern is why those drop ships didn't just minigun-snipe those three Tenno so hard resurrection wouldn't have even been an option?  Who needs a ground force with that many drop ships present as long they're equipped with that freaking cannon?

15 часов назад, Lost_Cartographer сказал:

OP is worried about newbies thinking they can take out a drop ship with one arrow, when my concern is why those drop ships didn't just minigun-snipe those three Tenno so hard resurrection wouldn't have even been an option?  Who needs a ground force with that many drop ships present as long they're equipped with that freaking cannon?

Because while they would be loading that cannon, an Excal had already one-shot that ship 😛

what bothers me most of all - why OP says that those are Grineer ships when it's Dax? I mean they are even colored in gold-white, and not dark-green like grineer's..

Edited by bl1te
nvm