Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gilding Modular items still needs to be removed.

SolarDwagon

For any player that has this completed it's a total waste of time and resources for nothing other than getting nightwave. Even the Forma challenge which has similar problems, at least it can push you into trying out something new, or to finally try out that zany build you thought of. But for the many players that have fully mastered all modulars (which isn't that unreasonable), this challenge is a complete and utter waste of time.

3 minutes ago, killerKronos23 said:

what amps count?!

well i know what ill be doing now 2 more kill/cap teralysts and ill be able to guild my amp.

I mean, amps are modular items.  The surprising thing shouldn't be that amps count, but that the mote amp counts since technically it isn't modular.  However, from a code standpoint, it's much simpler to simply consider all amps to be modular instead of adding the exception that the mote amp isn't.

To an extent I understand the issue but at the same time it's also a non-issue.

Modulars only take an hour to craft and anyone who's already gotten all the MR from them is entirely capable of boosting a weapon to 30 in one mission, if they wanted to.

The required resources for Zaws and Kit Guns are also negligible with the additions of Thumpers and Exploiter Orb dropping so much.

Relative to other weekly challenges guilding is far from the most tedious or time consuming.

Edited by trst

I foresaw this coming from the first week it was out.

People simply do not Gild 100 items over the entire year for it to feel natural. When stuff gets released, people would be done Gilding the different weapon builds they want within the first two months. Afterwards, you're just digging through to build things that you don't want just to toss them out once they're done. After a certain point, the objective is just to donate resources, wait for a timer to count down, donate affinity and donate more resources with nothing to show for at the end.

This exact scenario was what I used to point it out would be really horrible as time goes on, that if we had this come up over and over in a short window of time with nothing new to Gild.

Edited by RX-3DR

sure it might be seen as a waste of resources but its not that bad (in my own opinion):

takes 1 hour in total to make the parts, depending what you build it takes around 6.5k-10k standing (guilding is usually 5k standing). run ESO or SO and youre done within a hour with lvling it to max, guild it and level it again. you can also trade it in back again to get some standing. if you take the lowest standing parts they dont require much resources, if you spent some time in PoE or Fortuna you probably have all the mats nessecery, if not it doesnt take long time to farm it. however i do believe it will take some time for newcomers to do this challenge due to daily standinfg cap and MR affecting it. also with the cactup system, you dont need to worry really either.

Since the last nightwave I've always made sure to have at least one ungilded weapon ready to go, just for this situation.

The annoying bit is that I used three formas to make room for the stuff I bought from Baro and then nightwave comes along and says use three formas.

Edited by AltheusV