Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Season 2 "Devotee" Ally pictures/Discussion.

AnOldAlias

EDIT: Figured I'd edit my main thing here since people are actually talking semi commonly here! Basically, from what I know / What the wiki says, Devotee's have a high chance of spawning and reviving you when you're down(you have a chance of being just downed mid-mission when solo as well and they'll revive you). They'll join in and fight for you for a little bit then disappear.

Based off of the Wiki entry, you get around 500 or so Nightwave Season 2 Standing whenever a Devotee spawns and revives you.

Pictures here.

4WE5Oss.jpgKs5KW6T.jpgAf1O3F6.jpg

Edited by AnOldAlias
  • Like 4

My current theory is that when they revive people there'll be some later effect like the helminth cysts but worse that'll start to propogate around the playerbase. need to rewatch the nightwave opening and remember what nora said about Arlo's slender hand i forget....brought salvation?? new life??

OR

They'll simply mutate over time like around week 6 they'll pop in as crazy infested things and try to kill instead of revive and that's when we can hunt them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

possibly as we will likely get soemthing unique from the nightwave like how last one had the wolf sledge. not a guarentee but I think a liklihood.

They have (or at least Steve has) mentioned plans for more things going into the helminth room and expanding it's story on Twitter or one of his periscope or twitch shows. Ages ago it feels. This would be a prime lead in.

Made a quick test

The trigger (or one of the triggers) to spawn it seems to be death, being downed has a chance to make them spawn to revive you, but their healing had no effect on my cyst, nor it prompted any comment about them from helminth. Maybe something else happens as time goes on, but as of now, it seems that Arno's infestation can't interact with Helminth's

• Like 1

On 2019-07-07 at 11:53 AM, (NSW)DatsABanette said:

I don't think it'd be that, as Kavats are immune to the Infestation last I checked.

Then again I wouldn't put it off the table either. 

Wait, what if that could be it? Nora said that there is something different. It could possibly mean that is a chance.

On 2019-07-07 at 12:53 PM, (NSW)DatsABanette said:

I don't think it'd be that, as Kavats are immune to the Infestation last I checked.

Then again I wouldn't put it off the table either. 

Well the Infestation couldn't infest machines, then Salad 5 fixed that so who knows maybe Arlo advances Infested to the point that it can infest Kavats. 

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Well the Infestation couldn't infest machines, then Salad 5 fixed that so who knows maybe Arlo advances Infested to the point that it can infest Kavats. 

Could also be that Kavat's are just immune to derelict versions of the infestation. Infestation has many mutations, and I doubt a Kavat directly injected with a Helminth Cyst would be able to withstand THAT infestation variant.

But Arlo is pretty intriguing. Damn guy has aaaalmost no neck, it's barely attached to his own body.

1 minute ago, AnOldAlias said:

Could also be that Kavat's are just immune to derelict versions of the infestation. Infestation has many mutations, and I doubt a Kavat directly injected with a Helminth Cyst would be able to withstand THAT infestation variant.

But Arlo is pretty intriguing. Damn guy has aaaalmost no neck, it's barely attached to his own body.

He literally doesn't have a neck, it seems to be what the Corpus do to the child conscripts, go visit the Vent Kids and they are all like that. 

9 minutes ago, Oreades said:

He literally doesn't have a neck, it seems to be what the Corpus do to the child conscripts, go visit the Vent Kids and they are all like that. 

True enough. Though he supposedly 'died' three years prior, we aren't sure where or how, though. Also, edited main post.

On 2019-07-06 at 10:18 PM, AnOldAlias said:

EDIT: Figured I'd edit my main thing here since people are actually talking semi commonly here! Basically, from what I know / What the wiki says, Devotee's have a high chance of spawning and reviving you when you're down(you have a chance of being just downed mid-mission when solo as well and they'll revive you). They'll join in and fight for you for a little bit then disappear.

Based off of the Wiki entry, you get around 500 or so Nightwave Season 2 Standing whenever a Devotee spawns and revives you.

Pictures here.

4WE5Oss.jpgKs5KW6T.jpgAf1O3F6.jpg

I wonder what is that in his left hand, hmmmm this season is about the infestation and warframes are technically infested had those guys show up when we're downed and that thing looks like a sample collector.